AoS 2 - Ogor Mawtribe Discussion

AthelLoren

Ogor Mawtribes Poll  

503 members have voted

1. 1. What tier do you feel Ogors are pre-battletome?

• High-tier
    • Mid-tier
    • Low-tier
  2. 2. What kind of army will you be running?

• Entirely Gutbusters
    • Mostly Gutbusters
    • Mixed forces
    • Mostly Beastclaw Raiders
    • Entirely Beastclaw Raiders

6 minutes ago, Fabint said:

Any chance we have full pot rules floating around?

Two community articles have shown the +1 to casting within 1” and “empty” the pot to heal d3 to all units within 36”.  Unlikely that there’s more but maybe.

The hunter command ability didn’t seem to be limited, so ambushing cats stacking a bunch of attacks even striking first with the correct sub faction command ability maybe a useful foil against none super units. As I have 20 cats I always want them to be good :)  

TT seem fairly terrible unless there’s a trait that adds to the ice roll but I’ve always been a stone horn person myself. Still hoping all the monsters have had around 100 points lopped off. 

Stonehorn 5+ shrug exactly what I guessed GW would do and overall probably better than the old warscroll. 

Edited by Reuben Parker
  • Like 2

A lot of these scrolls needed actual overhauls---reinterpretations if you will. Instead they copied nearly everything from AoS alpha version and tidied up the text a bit. So many of these units could have been cool if given some extended thought. After years of waiting, the disappointment is real hard to swallow.

Even if the point costs are generous, I feel a big opportunity was wasted in the rewrites of these warscrolls.

Anyone have experience converting bulls into other units? Assuming I'm lucky enough to get a preorder for Feast of Bones in (rip to the aussies, gone in 1 hour), I'd like to turn a few of the infantry guys into butchers. What can I do to make them stand out? Have any of you done something similar?

I found this bad boy on /tg/, but I don't feel like hunting down the 40k guy needed for it, I'd like to try to keep the conversions to just using parts from the bull kit+greenstuff.

1572032929576.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gareth 🍄 said:

I've been trying variations of this URL but no luck as yet:

https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Warscrolls//aos-mawtribes-warscroll-Mournfang-Pack-en.pdf

If you want to have a few guesses, just try changing the Warscroll name towards the end of the URL there :)

Might not have been uploaded yet though!

Try this! GW actually misspelled Mournfang in the URL...

https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Warscrolls//aos-mawtribes-warscroll-Mounrfang-Pack-en.pdf

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DingK86 said:

Holy hell they didnt change the Gargant Hacker profile.... Looks like clubs and iron fist (the opposite of how mine are built...) are definitely the better option.

9 hours ago, Nubl0 said:

Tyrant seems nice, still a rubbish command ability mind you. Also given that this set is 380 new Zealand how much do we reckon it will be pounds? My guess is seeing as the poor kiwis and aussies often get shafted on price it will be £140, seems to be the new standard they want for these sets.

Rubbish? Horde of fearless gnoblars would like to disagree.

• Like 1

Mournfang look great to me. +1 bravery means you need to lose 2 before you are in trouble. The tusks doing more dmg on the charge is huge because if they come in 4 you have 16 attacks doing -1 2dmg and we have already seen there are ways to boost the tusks even more. AND they also do the mortal wounds on the charge.

I think Mournfangs are actually about the Mournfangs now. The Ogors on top are just extras.

Edit:  If you get your positioning right and (hopefully), get your huskard on stonehorn in with the pack, get run & charge from Jorlbad to actually make that happen. You can have 3 DMG tusks.. Holy ******.

Edited by Pitloze
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Pitloze said:

Mournfang look great to me. +1 bravery means you need to lose 2 before you are in trouble. The tusks doing more dmg on the charge is huge because if they come in 4 you have 16 attacks doing -1 2dmg and we have already seen there are ways to boost the tusks even more. AND they also do the mortal wounds on the charge.

I think Mournfangs are actually about the Mournfangs now. The Ogors on top are just extras.

Yeah I’m really happy about how they look as well. Now that extra SC seems to make sense. So far I’ve been holding off on them as my current mournfang don’t see playtime at all. 
Will go for the normal hackers this time though. 

6 hours ago, Mutton said:

A lot of these scrolls needed actual overhauls---reinterpretations if you will. Instead they copied nearly everything from AoS alpha version and tidied up the text a bit. So many of these units could have been cool if given some extended thought. After years of waiting, the disappointment is real hard to swallow.

Even if the point costs are generous, I feel a big opportunity was wasted in the rewrites of these warscrolls.

Remember that all this warscrolls now have new "free" rules, artifacts, spells, prayers, mawtribes, batallions, etc... and most of them are already a bit buffed. Still, I'm with you that everyone want fancy abilities and combos on their warscrolls, but IMO, we need the book to understand how "awesome" they are.