AoS 2 - Ogor Mawtribe Discussion

AthelLoren

Ogor Mawtribes Poll  

503 members have voted

1. 1. What tier do you feel Ogors are pre-battletome?

• High-tier
    • Mid-tier
    • Low-tier
  2. 2. What kind of army will you be running?

• Entirely Gutbusters
    • Mostly Gutbusters
    • Mixed forces
    • Mostly Beastclaw Raiders
    • Entirely Beastclaw Raiders

6 hours ago, Frowny said:

That's actually pretty solid. A hunter and single frost sabre with basically the same stats would be 140. 20 points gets you the 3 gnoblars to sit on an objective or something.

The trap is quite solid as well, and the 2nd shot on the crossbow is solid as well, making him slightly better the turn he arrives. Can't really fight like a big sabres block but is cheaper.

Can you put it in a skaal? I thought I'd never ask this but can he the the general?

Sadly @sorokyl has it right. No to the skal yes to general. 

That’s what I am thinking right now, maybe switching the butcher or the slaughtermaster for a firebelly:

Allegiance: Ogor Mawtribes
- Mawtribe: Winterbite

Leaders
Icebrow Hunter (120)
- General
- Trait: Wintertouched  
- Artefact: Frostfang  
Tyrant (160)
- Artefact: Sky-Titan Scatter Pistols  
- Big Name: Giantbreaker
Huskard on Thundertusk (340)
- Blood Vulture
Butcher (140)
- Cleaver
Slaughtermaster (140)

Battleline
12 x Ogor Gluttons (400)
- Pairs of Clubs or Blades
8 x Frost Sabres (160)
2 x Frost Sabres (40)

Units
3 x Maneaters (180)
6 x Icefall Yhetees (220)

Battalions
Skal (100)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 145

Edited by Beastmaster

For what it's worth, I've been playing the following list casually at my FLGS and I've been having a spectacular time (and winning more often than not). It's not a "competitive list" -- I'm sure I'd get wrecked against tournament opponents. However, if you're okay with 4+ to hit rolls and the feast-or-famine results you get from that, it's highly enjoyable. Please note that I'm building my models/army more for a collection/completion purpose than for victories, so there are undoubtedly a number of non-optimized aspects of this.

Allegiance: Ogor Mawtribes
- Mawtribe: Boulderhead

Leaders
Frostlord on Stonehorn (400)
- General
- Trait: Lord of Beasts  
- Artefact: Brand of the Svard  
- Mount Trait: Metalcruncher
Huskard on Stonehorn (320)
- Blood Vulture
- Mount Trait: Frosthoof Bull
Huskard on Thundertusk (340)
- Harpoon Launcher
- Prayer: Pulverising Hailstorm
- Mount Trait: Rimefrost Hide

Battleline
4 x Mournfang Pack (280)
- Gargant Hackers
4 x Mournfang Pack (280)
- Culling Clubs or Prey Hackers with Iron Fists
Thundertusk Beastriders (300)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Extra Command Point (50)

Total: 1970 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 97

The best part? It's light on strategy. Get right in there are beat the tar out of your opponent. Last night I discovered the true joy of my big beasts counting as extra models for claiming objectives. 

Play like an Ogor would, and you'll get surprisingly good results!

• Like 2

Won a local tournament yesterday 3-0 with this Bloodgullet list.

Round 1 vs Ironjawz came down to a priority roll,

Round 2 vs changehost Tzeentch but the guy didnt know half of his rules, as a Tzeentch player myself I had to correct him and proceeded to roflstomp him, I don't consider this a good test vs Tzeentch.

Round 3 vs OBR Petrifex with Nagash, managed to decidedly win the scenario before he could table me. Also FLoSH had an opportunity to charge Nagash with Molten Entrails up, left him on 1 wound :(

all in all had a good day, great opponents and a ton of fun. The list has legs but requires you to position yourself really well and manage your damage dealers where you need em.

MVP unit was definitely the Ironguts, with Blood feast on em they ripped through anything.

P.S.: Warscroll Builder won't let me add the second spell for the butchers, the Slaughtermaster had Ribcracker and the Butcher had Greasy Deluge.

Screenshot_20200202-091846_Drive.jpg

Edited by Xasto
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, Walrustaco said:

To be fair he asked for the top ogor lists, not just any. But the names are there at least and I think we can cross reference etc. But effort innit

Haha fair enough. 

@Ragnar72 again first link this time  ‘cancon 2020 results’ 😂

https://downunderpairings.com/Tournament.php?TournamentID=776&Panel1=Leaderboard

Edit: click the eyes for the lists

think this is the highest list. which roughly my list. I just use 6 leadbelcher instead of the gluttons. Which was a nice surprise. 
https://downunderpairings.com/ArmyList.php?ArmyID=16376

Edited by Kramer
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Xasto said:

P.S.: Warscroll Builder won't let me add the second spell for the butchers, the Slaughtermaster had Ribcracker and the Butcher had Greasy Deluge.

Thats not how ist works.

Even if you can cast 2 spells that does not mean that you are allowed to choose more than one additional spell in addition to the signature spell from the Warscroll.

Edited by rosa
Typo

3 minutes ago, rosa said:

Thats not how ist works.

Even if you can cast 2 spells that does not mean that you are allowed to choose more than one additional spell in addition to the signature spell from the Warscroll.

Hum I don't have my Battletome with me right now but I'm pretty sure Bloodgullet says: "BLOODGULLET BUTCHERS know 1 additional spell from the Lore of Gutmagic. In addition, friendly BLOODGULLET BUTCHERS can attempt to cast 1 extra spell in your hero phase"  or something like that.

so yeah, warscroll builder doesnt work properly, especially considering that you can choose another spell from the lore just fine in the Azyr App.

• Thanks 1

The strongest lists appear to be lots of stonehorns and then a few other things to taste, so starting with a start collecting seems like a good plan.Stonehorns+ Mournefangs for one of the battalion or stonehorns+  a skaal or small butchers band. But definitely stonehorns.

Hoping I can get some advice on getting parts for conversions. Seems like the bits stores like hoard o bits an bitzbox having page after of out of stock items. With no local people playing ogors. Where is a good place to get them particularly things like bear trap from the stonehorn so there are not fingers all over it, crew from the scraplauncher, and then things like the fur pelt from the cannon or bodies of beast riding ogors.

Space marine bits are easily found but anything fantasy related is few and far between.

9 minutes ago, Drastion said:

Hoping I can get some advice on getting parts for conversions. Seems like the bits stores like hoard o bits an bitzbox having page after of out of stock items. With no local people playing ogors. Where is a good place to get them particularly things like bear trap from the stonehorn so there are not fingers all over it, crew from the scraplauncher, and then things like the fur pelt from the cannon or bodies of beast riding ogors.

Space marine bits are easily found but anything fantasy related is few and far between.

Your best bet is trying on forums like these in the buy and sell section. I am personally looking for two handers from ironguts since they are out of stock on GW's site. In case of the bear trap, i assume you need the one on the chain? If so, I probably have one. And the fur pelt, I can probably miss 1, since I want variety on my ironblasters anyways. I'm afraid I can't help with the scraplauncher crew, since I plan to convert them to gnoblars :(

Kugane

Those iron guts bits are a pain to get too. Ended up buying some random ogre stuff just so I could get the random weapons in it.  Yeah need the bear trap so it wont be so much cutting to get them to work for what I need.

Mainly want to make a gutbusters based army with converted gnoblar to make for the models I am not too fond of. Looking back I realized they fall into the theme of the grot rebellion from a game called gorkamorka. Just more of a wood shop look rather than the old junk yard look.

I have literally done exactly that already! Be warned, painting the tiny gnoblar shirts when they are all converted up is a pain

678451225_GnoblarRevolutionBannermancropped.jpg.c0e5647275ef6b5c08f359e8d16d098e.jpg

Do note: The mournfangs come with at least 2 gargant hackers per unit, and are easier to come by than the irongut weapons, so you could use those instead. They also come with some armored helmets, which can be useful. I found those much easier to get a hold of than the actual ironguts weapons. That being said, my ironguts are just more armored gnoblar stacks, so if you can't make them stand out by their armor, just glue a bunch of extra gutplates etc. allover. Looks great and kinda hodgepodge.

Everything for Mawtribes is back in stock on the GW webstore. Although the maw pot is on the site the tyrant is still missing.

Another idea is if you are getting a ogre blood bowl team for conversions like I am.  Remove the banner pole hand at the wrist. Then take the extended arm for the bear trap and put one of the open hands from the ogre team on it. Then just rotate the banner pole hand so the pole rests in the open palm of the other hand. Then add any suitably large item on the end like a axe from the Minotaur sprue or a piece of one of the trees from the giant sprue to made a big mallet .

Hey all,

Currently running a mixed Gutbusters / Beastclaw list at 2000 points with the Bloodgullet allegiance. I’ve had solid results overall but I’m looking for suggestions / critiques re: my heroes and their general load outs.

Heroes:

Slaughtermaster (general)

Splatter-cleaver / Nice drop o’ the red stuff

Fleshcrave Curse / Ribcracker

Butcher

Blood feast / greasy deluge

Huskard on Stonehorn

Blood vulture / black clatterhorn

Battleline:

12 Gluttons

6 Leadbelchers

8 Ironguts

Other:

4 Mournfangs 

Endless Spells:

Balewind Vortex

Currently thinking about dropping a pair of leadbelchers and upping the huskard into a frostlord with the remaining points. Any tips re: spells, hero equipment and abilities would be great as well. Thanks!

Edited by eliminatorjr