AoS 2 - Ogor Mawtribe Discussion

AthelLoren

Ogor Mawtribes Poll  

503 members have voted

1. 1. What tier do you feel Ogors are pre-battletome?

• High-tier
    • Mid-tier
    • Low-tier
  2. 2. What kind of army will you be running?

• Entirely Gutbusters
    • Mostly Gutbusters
    • Mixed forces
    • Mostly Beastclaw Raiders
    • Entirely Beastclaw Raiders

29 minutes ago, MKsmash said:

Don't use TT's if you were. Try to take slaughtermasters whenever possible. Take lots of Stonehorns. I would suggest not using BCR, as they're not nearly as strong as gutbusters. Consider mostly Guts with a FLoSH or two.

we can't do nothing vs screen of 10 miniatures if we only use BCR. In my last tournament in spain of 3 battles i only win vs cities of sigmar, i uses a combination of ogor mawtribes and list of skavens with screens of 20 clanrats with hordes two hordes of 40 pestilens kill two FSO and 12 ogors in two melee phases, we losed in 1 round.

The unique solution is use two SO when one of these can group 6" or 9" for kill the hordes o helite hordes behind the screen. Or use ironblaster/ironguts/two mournfang for try to clean the screen. Our widards dispell can't fight vs nagash or arkhan (we only can add two to dispell with a artefact or add 3 with the artefact and mawpot).

Edited by Sartxac

4 minutes ago, MKsmash said:

FLoSH

Tyrant

Slaughtermaster

Butcher

12 ogor

8 Ironguts

2 leadbelchers

20 gnoblars

Goremand

Maybe less Ironguts and no goremand for 2 flosh

Allegiance: Ogor Mawtribes
- Mawtribe: Boulderhead
Mortal Realm: Shyish

Leaders
Frostlord on Stonehorn (400)
- Artefact: Ethereal Amulet
- Mount Trait: Metalcruncher
- Artefact: Brand of the Svard
- Mount Trait: Black Clatterhorn
Icebrow Hunter (120)
- General
- Trait: Lord of Beasts
Butcher (140)
- Tenderiser
- Lore of Gutmagic: Ribcracker

Battleline
2 x Frost Sabres (40)
12 x Ogor Gluttons (400)
- Pairs of Clubs or Blades
12 x Ogor Gluttons (400)

Battalions
Skal (100)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 140

How about this?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Walrustaco said:

- Mawtribe: Boulderhead

Leaders
- Artefact: Brand of the Svard
- Mount Trait: Black Clatterhorn
Icebrow Hunter (120)
- General
- Trait: Lord of Beasts
Butcher (140)
- Tenderiser
- Lore of Gutmagic: Ribcracker

Battleline
2 x Frost Sabres (40)
12 x Ogor Gluttons (400)
12 x Ogor Gluttons (400)

Battalions
Skal (100)

Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 140

How about this?

That looks really nasty, tbh. I'll think I might try it out!

16 minutes ago, Charleston said:

Maybe I am just to dumb to get it right. Maybe I should remain at the painting part of the hobby. 

Well this is bs. It just takes practice. Yes if losing hurts your enjoyment to such a degree than not playing (irrelevant of your skill) is good choice. Or change the mindset. As long as you take a learning from each loss, From each set back and apply it... then you’ll get there. But make sure you enjoy the proces. Otherwise the hobby ain’t worth it IMO. 

18 minutes ago, Charleston said:

ad meanwhile a game against Everchosen right before the other one and the Husskard on SH did an amazing job, althrough dices beeing really lucky, allowing him to take archaon in 1v1 down to 3 wounds, surviving a load of damage

And there you have it. So the potential is there. 

20 minutes ago, Charleston said:

Maybe that was the issue, maybe I should have rushed head first into nagash without bothering the rest

Could very well be. If you can take Nagash out that’s a serious blow. Usually with big thing like that I go full objectives mode. In general I think that’s how this army plays best. But I play gutbusters with occasional bcr. 
what was the scenario? Because it sounds like he built himself a fortress in his backfield. 

• Thanks 2

In addition, this was my list in the tournament in spain:

- Mawtribe: Bloodgullet

Leaders
Butcher (140)
- Cleaver
- Lore of Gutmagic: Blood Feast more ribcracker.
Slaughtermaster (140)
- General
- Trait: Nice Drop of the Red Stuff!
- Lore of Gutmagic: Molten Entrails + Greasy Deluge
- Artefact: Splatter-cleaver

Battleline
12 x Ogor Gluttons (400)
- Clubs or Blades with Iron Fists
4 x Ironguts (220)
4 x Leadbelchers (160)

Battalions
Goremand (140)

Hei Charleston!! You must read Kramer, the idea of the hobby is have a good time. With LN (vampires list) i was last in a league but i'm happy for the good time i had.

Edited by Sartxac
  • Thanks 1

On 1/9/2020 at 10:23 PM, Sauriv said:

I'm building my first 12 gluttons, holy ******, so many special models. Do you guys build all banners (2 beast skull, 2 tribal banner in a unit of 12) ? The unit feels so cluttered with so many special models. 

I built 2 of each and 1 of the bruiser or whatever its called. It makes it convenient if you run smaller units some day as well.

On 1/12/2020 at 10:23 PM, Sartxac said:

In addition, this was my list in the tournament in spain:

- Mawtribe: Bloodgullet

Leaders
Butcher (140)
- Cleaver
- Lore of Gutmagic: Blood Feast more ribcracker.
Slaughtermaster (140)
- General
- Trait: Nice Drop of the Red Stuff!
- Lore of Gutmagic: Molten Entrails + Greasy Deluge
- Artefact: Splatter-cleaver

Battleline
12 x Ogor Gluttons (400)
- Clubs or Blades with Iron Fists
4 x Ironguts (220)
4 x Leadbelchers (160)

Battalions
Goremand (140)

Hei Charleston!! You must read Kramer, the idea of the hobby is have a good time. With LN (vampires list) i was last in a league but i'm happy for the good time i had.

Wow, basically same list i posted here a while ago, im sad it didnt work well :(   , btw mate you cant have duplicate mount traits on the list so youll have to change second metalcruncher to other thing

3 hours ago, Walrustaco said:

Should I use riderless spiderfang grots as frost sabre proxies? And convert an icebrow hunter with spidery bits from the unused grots to ambush with them? Huh, should I?

Yes

Unrelatedly, Has anybody tried using just regular stonehorn beastriders? The FLOSH gains a lot of versatility with traits and such, but I just did the good ol-math, and per point, a stonehorn beastrider does more damage than a FLOSH! Also, the blood vulture especially gives a bit of value on its own, plinking off crucial last wounds or reducing units to below critical buff thresholds. Finally, it is not quite as sturdy per point, but actually sturdier per point against very high rend attacks and sturdier against MW. And 100 points isn't nothing.

I'm currently enjoying my FLOSH w/ etheral amulet, but the math is having me think otherwise. And I'm trying to find points to squeeze in a few more odds and ends. But there is also something to be said for overkill- it brings confidence and reliability, which has value all of its own. 

8 hours ago, Frowny said:

Yes

Unrelatedly, Has anybody tried using just regular stonehorn beastriders? The FLOSH gains a lot of versatility with traits and such, but I just did the good ol-math, and per point, a stonehorn beastrider does more damage than a FLOSH! Also, the blood vulture especially gives a bit of value on its own, plinking off crucial last wounds or reducing units to below critical buff thresholds. Finally, it is not quite as sturdy per point, but actually sturdier per point against very high rend attacks and sturdier against MW. And 100 points isn't nothing.

I'm currently enjoying my FLOSH w/ etheral amulet, but the math is having me think otherwise. And I'm trying to find points to squeeze in a few more odds and ends. But there is also something to be said for overkill- it brings confidence and reliability, which has value all of its own.

I've tried it out! It performed well, taking out Skarbrand in one hit, but was immediately targeted and died very quickly without the ethereal amulet. The durability is the only reason not to take it.

I have a team tourney coming up. 1000 pts each. My partner is running the Khorne Bloodcrusher Battalion (something like 6xcrushers, 6xcrushers, 3xcrushers,  and Skull master). In keeping with the fun alpha-strike theme, I'm thinking of one of three options:

1:

Frost Lord on Stonehorn - ethereal amulet, nomadic raider, Black Clatterhorn

2xStonehorn Beastriders  

-OR-

2:

Boulderhead

FL on SH - with boulderhead articfact and trait, Black Clatterhorn

2x SH riders

-OR-

3:

FL on SH - ehereal amulet, nomadic raider, Black Clatterhorn

4x Mournfang

4x Mournfang

Nothing but Stonehorns seems awfully fun, but that's not many wounds. Whereas Mournfangs double the wounds and math-out closely damage-wise. And if I go all Stonehorns, is it worth it to drop Ethereal Amulet to gain the benefits of Boulderhead (+1 wound to SH's, Dig Deep Your Heals, and +1 Charge range battle trait).   No matter what, if we get the charge in, it's going to be a hella mortal wounds.....

1 hour ago, annarborhawk said:

. And if I go all Stonehorns, is it worth it to drop Ethereal Amulet to gain the benefits of Boulderhead (+1 wound to SH's, Dig Deep Your Heals, and +1 Charge range battle trait).   No matter what, if we get the charge in, it's going to be a hella mortal wounds.....

Don’t forget you get Brand of the svard as your artefact as well, which is a nice offensive bonus too -and with Dig deep your Heels can make for a very offensive beast. You trade the defensiveness of the amulet, so it probably depends a bit on playstyle.  I’d say it’s probably worth going Boulderhead personally, but don’t throw your FLoSH into just anything in that case - for big targets and large expensive hordes, consider softening up a bit with BRs first. As long as your FL is alive, he’s a huge and continuous threat.

7 minutes ago, Baron Wastelands said:

Don’t forget you get Brand of the svard as your artefact as well, which is a nice offensive bonus too -and with Dig deep your Heels can make for a very offensive beast. You trade the defensiveness of the amulet, so it probably depends a bit on playstyle.  I’d say it’s probably worth going Boulderhead personally, but don’t throw your FLoSH into just anything in that case - for big targets and large expensive hordes, consider softening up a bit with BRs first. As long as your FL is alive, he’s a huge and continuous threat.

Thanks. That's my inclination as well. I like to play very aggressively. Though I admit it's hard to leave the amulet behind!

On 1/14/2020 at 8:38 AM, Bululu said:

Wow, basically same list i posted here a while ago, im sad it didnt work well :(   , btw mate you cant have duplicate mount traits on the list so youll have to change second metalcruncher to other thing

Not, this list isn't bad, only my strategy was bad. The charge vs screens of clanrats was ridicolous.

The ossiarch bonereappers of petrifex elite are ridicolous tanky, my FlSO whithout ethereal amulet charged vs 4 morghast and was killed by them. 12 ogros was killer for only 20 mortrek guard. In this battle i only conquered one point after a battle of 4 leadbelchers and 4 ironguts vs only 5 cavalros deathriders. They charge to the 4 leadbelchers but after this the ironguts charged to them while were using "Down to the ironguts". Only 1 irongut survived the battle.

• Like 1

Had another game last night with my Underguts and another crushing victory.  Wiped out a Bonereapers army by turn three.

I was running a slightly different list, not relying on MSU as much.

Tyrant: General (Scars) and Gruson Trophy Rack, Metal Cruncher

Firebelly: Ash Cloud

Frost Lord on Stonehorn: Gnoblar Blast Keg

4 Iron Guts,

2 * 4 Lead belchers

4 * 1 Iron Blasters

2 * 2 Lead Belchers

Tyrants Gutguard battalion.

His list was not the usually Bonereapers fare with 3*2 Morghasts! Also 3*10 Mortek, 3 Immortis, 3 Stalkers, 1 Crawler, 1 Leige Kavalos, a Soulmason and the +1 to hit endless spell.  He use the run and charge faction for even more speed.

We played total conquest and during deployment we both split our armies between the left and right sides.  He sensibly kept his hero well away from the Ironblasters, so the trophy rack had basically zero effect all game.  

One side I just put the Frostlord and 8 Lead belchers, with the rest of the army huddled around the Mawpot/Firebelly.

I actually finished deploying first and happily gave him first turn. His turn was relatively uneventful, he marched forward a bit, his Crawler shots bounched off the Frostlord and one unit of Morghast ate a unit of 2 leadbelchers.

I moved forward aggressively to maximise turn one shooting and put pressure on both sides.  The frost lord gobbled up a unit of Morghast and my shooting blew away another unit and 12 Mortek Guard.  The Iron Guts got a long range charge off against the Stalkers and between impact hits and combat wiped them out.  

He got the next turn, killed 2 orgors with shooting but failed the Kavalos' charge into the Frost Lord, leaving a unit of Mortek to get eaten by him.  Other than that he charged one Ironblaster but only did a few wounds.  A 2 Ogor unit of Lead belchers were heros, being charged by 2 Morghasts (who has take 4 wounds previously) but wiping them out before they could charge: never underestimate an Ogor!

My turn two was completely devastating, wiping out all but three units via a combination of shooting, charge wounds and high damage attacks. Having lots of different damage sources in different phases means you can efficiently apply just enough damage to wipe out units and really cut armies apart when your up close and personal. The only real failure was the FrostLord whole charged the Kavos and killed him before striking (Thunderous Charge and Metal Cruncher), then happily pilled into the Immortas proceed to do 1 damage then get killed in return!

At this stage the game was basically over I had 3 objectives and we only had the Crawled, Hero and Immortas left.

Good game and again surprised at how well Underguts play on the battlefield.  I suspect that with some tuning they could compete at the top tables.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Magnus The Blue said:

Had another game last night with my Underguts and another crushing victory.  Wiped out a Bonereapers army by turn three.

I was running a slightly different list, not relying on MSU as much.

Tyrant: General (Scars) and Gruson Trophy Rack, Metal Cruncher

Firebelly: Ash Cloud

Frost Lord on Stonehorn: Gnoblar Blast Keg

4 Iron Guts,

2 * 4 Lead belchers

4 * 1 Iron Blasters

2 * 2 Lead Belchers

Tyrants Gutguard battalion.

His list was not the usually Bonereapers fare with 3*2 Morghasts! Also 3*10 Mortek, 3 Immortis, 3 Stalkers, 1 Crawler, 1 Leige Kavalos, a Soulmason and the +1 to hit endless spell.  He use the run and charge faction for even more speed.

We played total conquest and during deployment we both split our armies between the left and right sides.  He sensibly kept his hero well away from the Ironblasters, so the trophy rack had basically zero effect all game.  

One side I just put the Frostlord and 8 Lead belchers, with the rest of the army huddled around the Mawpot/Firebelly.

I actually finished deploying first and happily gave him first turn. His turn was relatively uneventful, he marched forward a bit, his Crawler shots bounched off the Frostlord and one unit of Morghast ate a unit of 2 leadbelchers.

I moved forward aggressively to maximise turn one shooting and put pressure on both sides.  The frost lord gobbled up a unit of Morghast and my shooting blew away another unit and 12 Mortek Guard.  The Iron Guts got a long range charge off against the Stalkers and between impact hits and combat wiped them out.  

He got the next turn, killed 2 orgors with shooting but failed the Kavalos' charge into the Frost Lord, leaving a unit of Mortek to get eaten by him.  Other than that he charged one Ironblaster but only did a few wounds.  A 2 Ogor unit of Lead belchers were heros, being charged by 2 Morghasts (who has take 4 wounds previously) but wiping them out before they could charge: never underestimate an Ogor!

My turn two was completely devastating, wiping out all but three units via a combination of shooting, charge wounds and high damage attacks. Having lots of different damage sources in different phases means you can efficiently apply just enough damage to wipe out units and really cut armies apart when your up close and personal. The only real failure was the FrostLord whole charged the Kavos and killed him before striking (Thunderous Charge and Metal Cruncher), then happily pilled into the Immortas proceed to do 1 damage then get killed in return!

At this stage the game was basically over I had 3 objectives and we only had the Crawled, Hero and Immortas left.

Good game and again surprised at how well Underguts play on the battlefield.  I suspect that with some tuning they could compete at the top tables.

I made a version of this with the Gutuguard as well. Good to know my thoughts are somewhat of the same page.

Another version of the msu style. Slightly different with some more threat and distractions tossed in to make people think about what to engage.

- Mawtribe: Underguts

- General
- Trait: Mass of Scars
- Artefact: Gnoblar Blast Keg
Firebelly (120)
- Lore of the Sun-Eater: Billowing Ash
Butcher (140)
- Cleaver
- Lore of Gutmagic: Greasy Deluge
2 x Mournfang Pack (140)
2 x Mournfang Pack (140)
2 x Mournfang Pack (140)
1 x Ironblaster (120)
1 x Ironblaster (120)
1 x Ironblaster (120)
2 x Leadbelchers (80)
2 x Leadbelchers (80)
2 x Leadbelchers (80)
2 x Leadbelchers (80)
2 x Leadbelchers (80)
2 x Leadbelchers (80)
2 x Leadbelchers (80)

Wounds: 146

Edited by Malakithe
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Beastmaster said:

Leadbelchers seem to be the new trend. 😁

To fit my winter hunt theme, I seriously consider converting some hunting „Boltbelchers“ with crossbows. 😎

That could be cool looking. Use the stormcast ballista as their cannons unless its too big.