AoS 2 - Ogor Mawtribe Discussion

AthelLoren

Ogor Mawtribes Poll  

503 members have voted

1. 1. What tier do you feel Ogors are pre-battletome?

• High-tier
    • Mid-tier
    • Low-tier
  2. 2. What kind of army will you be running?

• Entirely Gutbusters
    • Mostly Gutbusters
    • Mixed forces
    • Mostly Beastclaw Raiders
    • Entirely Beastclaw Raiders

This book looks promising! We still don't know if there will be yetis right? I really don't think they will make the cut, we haven't seen or heard anything about them so far. Also, how can anyone be complaining about leadbelchers already if we haven´t even seen the points they cost! 🙁

I kind of quit out of the hobby a few month ago, just not being able to keep up or finish or do any projects. Past year i had been selling off bits and pieces, and a few months ago, just sold all my models off because it was just making me unhappy. 

I still like to read the articles, so after a rough day at work i came home to see displayed proudly, Feast of Bones. And honestly, i just started tearing up, becoming all smiles like a happy little kid again. Ogres were one of my favorite fantasy races, even if i stopped they were always something i would come back to with an idea in mind. 

And the rules i've read so far, i'm enjoying. They seem to thematically make sense, while being fun. I'm not a proper gamer, but a filthy casual 😜. But the hungry and eating rule made me smile. Just because it fits so well with their nature. While i'm hesitant to come back or to give it another go. I am going to be picking up the ogre half of the Feast of Bones as well as the battletome. 

Thanks Mawtribes, you came in like an unwanted guest, raided my fridge, and stole (ate) my heart XD

• Like 11

17 hours ago, Infeston said:

Ahhh. I misinterpreted this. I thought you add 2 dice for a monster. But you add 2+ to dice rolls for the charge roll. Now I understood. 

I think you had it right the first time. On the stream they mention you can deal up to 12 mortal wounds on the charge if you're super lucky. If it was +2 to charges then it would be 14 MW at most.

This does raise the question whether bonuses to charge rolls increase the number of dice we roll. Probably does, pretty cool!

Hasn't people realized that the Leadbelchers rule for double damage no longer has the "No enemies in 3""? So basically if you end up stuck one round in combat you can blast those fethers shotgun style. 

So in a way, they are actually expected to move, charge, and then shoot with upgrade damage in combat.

Edited by Galas

1 hour ago, Galas said:

Hasn't people realized that the Leadbelchers rule for double damage no longer has the "No enemies in 3""? So basically if you end up stuck one round in combat you can blast those fethers shotgun style. 

So in a way, they are actually expected to move, charge, and then shoot with upgrade damage in combat.

If there is a way to have them move in the hero phase destruction style you can do that, shoot and then charge and do damage. Sounds pretty good.

25 minutes ago, Mutton said:

Some nice spells. Hopefully butchers can get bonuses to cast, since 7's are always notoriously difficult to roll when you need them. I'd say that Firebelly one is the best, which is great---glad I have a reason to buy one.

Total speculation on my part but given recent battletomes I'm 99% percent sure Butchers will get either the ability to damage themselves for bonuses to cast, bonuses to cast for killing stuff, or bonuses to cast for being next to a full cookpot. The Butcher dragging the cookpot (now Slaughtermaster?) might get treated as a mini cookpot too. That said, having played Nurgle, trying to get a critical spell off with hard dice looking for a 7 is a terrible strategy.

I wonder if these spell/prayer lores are 3 spells or 6?

Edited by Forrix

5 hours ago, Gareth 🍄 said:
Love that the greyish Ogors are back too:

I loved the greenish/grey Ogres back then! These Ogors were one of the reason I started collecting Ogres.

But the thing is that I never accomplished a similar skin tone back then. Does maybe anyone of you Ogor players know how to accomplish this "green/grey" skin tone?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Soolong said:

I don't really trust GW and removing models. Until I saw a rule referencing yetis or a warscroll I  was not going to believe they were still in.

The streams have been notoriously inaccurate in the past. I wouldn't blame you for wanting to see it in writing first.