AoS 2 - Ogor Mawtribe Discussion

AthelLoren

Ogor Mawtribes Poll  

503 members have voted

1. 1. What tier do you feel Ogors are pre-battletome?

• High-tier
    • Mid-tier
    • Low-tier
  2. 2. What kind of army will you be running?

• Entirely Gutbusters
    • Mostly Gutbusters
    • Mixed forces
    • Mostly Beastclaw Raiders
    • Entirely Beastclaw Raiders

Anyone else though of using massed 2 Ogor units of Leadbelchers?

In Underguts it's a solid standalone unit and small units maximise charging mortal wounds, extra attacks from champion and are generally more survivable than single big units (damage overflow being wasted).

Thinking something like this at 2k points:

Firebelly

Butcher

Slaughtermaster

4 Ironblasters

3 Units of 4 Leadbelchers

8 Units of 2 Leadbelchers

Thoughts? 

Edited by Magnus The Blue

On 11/8/2019 at 1:33 PM, BionicRope64 said:

Hello there.

I always wanted to do an Ogor army and with feast of bones (need to get rid of Bonereapers) and some other purchases. Im really enjoying making them and they look really fuin to play. Coming form Slannesh and Stromcast/DOK it be fun to run smaller numebrs lots of wounds.

I would like some advice though

1) Any good ideas what I can use to help make a Sluaghtermaster conversion? I don't wanna make that resin model looks far too fragile. And I'm tyring to find a nice Claudron or somthing I could use with a converted Glutton model.  Was maybe thinking the Gloomspite spell one, maybe even get Butcher seme spider grot attendants (say buitcher ate their gaint spider now grots follow them)

2) Rules question making a big unit of Gluttoins do I give them the Ironfists or double wepaons? With Bonerepaers out looks like in my are atheir gonna be alot good-save armies. So maybe mortal wounds are useful.

1)That model is substantially beefier than any other Finecast model I’ve built.

2) Definitely double weapons IMO.

On 11/9/2019 at 10:19 AM, Jabbuk said:

Hi guys, I'm new to Mawtribes and am looking to start an army. I really love the new Tyrant model and overall I can appreciate the aesthetic of the army... The Butcher model though, has got to be the ugliest model I have ever seen and almost turned me off to buy the army altogether. I see in most lists that he's almost a must for most builds. I really like the Firebelly though. Can the firebelly substitute the Butcher in terms of build and synergy or I'm stuck with painting a horrible model? 

Also do any of you guys have really cool conversions or model from another universe we can use? Thanks for the help :)

The Butcher goes on the same base as a Glutton and there are several extra butchery supply bits in the Glutton kit so you can make a pretty easy conversion.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Sinfullyvannila said:

The Butcher goes on the same base as a Glutton and there are several extra butchery supply bits in the Glutton kit so you can make a pretty easy conversion.

Yeah!! I saw a Glutton with a Bear trap in the neck and several bits on his body with cleavers and it looked amazing. Gonna try something similar I think. Thanks for the suggestion.

12 hours ago, MKsmash said:

I recently had a very frustrating loss against Shootcast. He used Ballistas to really annoy me, but I was winning for most of the game. However, at the end he used a command ability that allowed him to bring back a unit of 10 liberators once they died anywhere on the board on a 5+. He got this off twice, resulting in my loss of 23-25. If the command ability had gone off only once, I might have had a chance. 

The units all performed very well, including  a unit of 12 buffed Gluttons one-shotting his unit of 10. I learned that the Tyrant is difficult to use on his own, as he is much less dangerous now.  Ironguts kicked ass, including a unit of 4 killing a unit of 10 Vanguard-Hunters. Slaughtermaster is ultimately far better than the Butcher unless you plan on using them for melee (which I would not recommend because of their 5+ save).

I think I will take out the Gutguard (IT IS GARBAGE, DO NOT USE!) and my SHBR and replace it with another unit of 12 Gluttons. After that, I got some Boulderhead lists to try out!

Oh that 5+ happening twice is annoying. Super unlucky there. But I wonder what you mean by the Gutguard not being good? You haven't brought it for the ability right? I think it's a great battalion for Underguts as its only 120 points. You probably want the Tyrant for the punching gnoblars and the trophy rack. So it's an easy to fill battalion. 120 points for less drops, artefact and cp. As long as your bringing a Tyrant and Ironblasters, why not. Or am I missing somehting?

12 hours ago, Marthen said:

So if I’m just starting the feasting and looking to get into ogors, would the recommendation be to build off of the Feast of Bones box and go Gutbuster or do BCR?

Why not both? If you get Feast of Bones + BCR start collecting + a butcher/slaughtermaster. You have a decent 1,5K list to practice with before you decide to go one way or the other. I personally going Gutbusters but that's a flavour choice. Later I might add in a frostlord by getting a Start Collecting.  

5 hours ago, Magnus The Blue said:

Anyone else though of using massed 2 Ogor units of Leadbelchers?

In Underguts it's a solid standalone unit and small units maximise charging mortal wounds, extra attacks from champion and are generally more survivable than single big units (damage overflow being wasted).

Thinking something like this at 2k points:

Firebelly

Butcher

Slaughtermaster

4 Ironblasters

3 Units of 4 Leadbelchers

8 Units of 2 Leadbelchers

Thoughts? 

This does sound very interesting.  I wonder how the numbers work out for the charge mortals if instead you had big units of 8 (to do mortals on 4+).  I guess even losing one models damages this strategy, but it might still be something to consider. 

3 hours ago, Sinfullyvannila said:

I thought he was on a 50mm base now? I can't find anything online but in the battletome I'm pretty sure he's on 50mms in the pictures.

22 minutes ago, FPC said:

This does sound very interesting.  I wonder how the numbers work out for the charge mortals if instead you had big units of 8 (to do mortals on 4+).  I guess even losing one models damages this strategy, but it might still be something to consider. 

On average a 8+ unit is only doing triple the damage of a smaller unit.  So 4 *2 will average more damage than 1*8, and as you say will do much better after losing models. Big disadvantage of smaller units is in terms of combat activation, but feels to me like a hit worth taking. 

Hey Guys,

my original plan was to make a list with all models from the Feast Of Bones Box  and the BCR SC Box, but without dropping something i don't see a good list coming out of that.

So i created this list, which im planning to build:

Allegiance: Ogor Mawtribes
- Mawtribe: Bloodgullet
Mortal Realm: Shyish

Leaders
Tyrant (160)
- General
- Trait: Nice Drop of the Red Stuff!
- Artefact: Splatter-cleaver
Slaughtermaster (140)
- Lore of Gutmagic: Blood Feast
- Lore of Gutmagic: Molten Entrails
Frostlord on Stonehorn (400)
- Artefact: Ethereal Amulet
- Mount Trait: Black Clatterhorn
Butcher (140)
- Tenderiser
- Lore of Gutmagic: Ribcracker
- Lore of Gutmagic: Greasy Deluge

Battleline
12 x Ogor Gluttons (400)
- Pairs of Clubs or Blades
6 x Leadbelchers (240)
4 x Ironguts (220)

Units
20 x Gnoblars (100)

Battalions
Goremand (140)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Balewind Vortex (40)
Suffocating Gravetide (20)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 143

Yeah basically the idea is to let the Slaughtermaster walk with the Gluttons to buff and heal and have the Butcher to sit on the Vortex by the Mawpot to debuff enemy units.

What do you think?

1 hour ago, Barto said:

Hey Guys,

my original plan was to make a list with all models from the Feast Of Bones Box  and the BCR SC Box, but without dropping something i don't see a good list coming out of that.

So i created this list, which im planning to build:

- Mawtribe: Bloodgullet
Mortal Realm: Shyish

Leaders
Tyrant (160)
- General
- Trait: Nice Drop of the Red Stuff!
- Artefact: Splatter-cleaver
Slaughtermaster (140)
- Lore of Gutmagic: Blood Feast
- Lore of Gutmagic: Molten Entrails
Frostlord on Stonehorn (400)
- Artefact: Ethereal Amulet
- Mount Trait: Black Clatterhorn
Butcher (140)
- Tenderiser
- Lore of Gutmagic: Ribcracker
- Lore of Gutmagic: Greasy Deluge

Battleline
12 x Ogor Gluttons (400)
- Pairs of Clubs or Blades
6 x Leadbelchers (240)
4 x Ironguts (220)

Units
20 x Gnoblars (100)

Battalions
Goremand (140)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Balewind Vortex (40)
Suffocating Gravetide (20)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 143

Yeah basically the idea is to let the Slaughtermaster walk with the Gluttons to buff and heal and have the Butcher to sit on the Vortex by the Mawpot to debuff enemy units.

What do you think?

I played a game this weekend with basically that exact list. 

Played against Skaventide. And won a major victory. The MVPs of that match was without a doubt FLoSH and Gluttons. 12 Gluttons buffed with Blood Feast did 52 damage in one hit and destroyed a big unit of clanrats, that is without event rolling for gulping bite. Ironguts are strong in every way and units of 4 is perfect. Leadbealchers range attack is meh but great at holding objectives. 

I would like to work in a Firebelly for shenanigans aswell. 

Goremand battalion is not quite worth it so far. Really only one useful buff that need super careful positioning. Tyrants gutguard is probably better. 

Overall Mawtribes spells are fantastic and will be great in every meta. There is something for every eventuality.

That's my two cents anyway. 

/D

• Like 1

15 hours ago, MKsmash said:

I recently had a very frustrating loss against Shootcast. He used Ballistas to really annoy me, but I was winning for most of the game. However, at the end he used a command ability that allowed him to bring back a unit of 10 liberators once they died anywhere on the board on a 5+. He got this off twice, resulting in my loss of 23-25. If the command ability had gone off only once, I might have had a chance. 

The units all performed very well, including  a unit of 12 buffed Gluttons one-shotting his unit of 10. I learned that the Tyrant is difficult to use on his own, as he is much less dangerous now.  Ironguts kicked ass, including a unit of 4 killing a unit of 10 Vanguard-Hunters. Slaughtermaster is ultimately far better than the Butcher unless you plan on using them for melee (which I would not recommend because of their 5+ save).

I think I will take out the Gutguard (IT IS GARBAGE, DO NOT USE!) and my SHBR and replace it with another unit of 12 Gluttons. After that, I got some Boulderhead lists to try out!

That's usually how I feel about any summoning army. It's a close, fun game until they bring on a big fresh unit to handily take the win. Bringing back dead units or completely new ones is always going to be so incredibly powerful. And yeah, the Tyrant Gutguard is totally useless. There's no reason you would ever want your overcosted Ironguts to take more wounds for your Tyrant---especially since he's so much worse now. I've started writing Tyrants out of my lists at this point. There are much better ways to spend 160 points.

43 minutes ago, Mutton said:

That's usually how I feel about any summoning army. It's a close, fun game until they bring on a big fresh unit to handily take the win. Bringing back dead units or completely new ones is always going to be so incredibly powerful. And yeah, the Tyrant Gutguard is totally useless. There's no reason you would ever want your overcosted Ironguts to take more wounds for your Tyrant---especially since he's so much worse now. I've started writing Tyrants out of my lists at this point. There are much better ways to spend 160 points.

Need to be careful with the absolutes :)  

although I would agree Tyrants and the battalion a lot of the time aren’t worth it. In underguts with 4 ironblasters you want him to live for the trophy rack +1 to hit buff and the + attack CA. Also it massively reduces your drops in that style of list. 

So I'm 1 Start Collecting! away from running the following list:

- Mawtribe: Thunderbellies

Leaders
Frostlord on Stonehorn (400)
- General
- Trait: Storm Chaser 
- Artefact: Alvagr Rune-tokens 
- Mount Trait: Black Clatterhorn
Huskard on Stonehorn (320)
- Blood Vulture
- Artefact: Shatterstone 
- Mount Trait: Old Granitetooth

Battleline
4 x Mournfang Pack (280)
- Gargant Hackers
4 x Mournfang Pack (280)
- Culling Clubs or Prey Hackers with Iron Fists
4 x Mournfang Pack (280)
- Culling Clubs or Prey Hackers with Iron Fists
Stonehorn Beastriders (300)

Battalions
Eurlbad (140)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 109

2 drop army with a focus on Mournfang for the extra chances at mortal wounds from the Battalion. They should have pretty good reach with run and charge near board edges, +1 charge from Huskard, +1 charge from Tribe. The unit with Gargant Hackers is just because that's how I've got them modeled, they'll probably be hanging out with the Frostlord focusing on taking down bigger threats. 

What do you guys think? 

Looks good Dejnar ! I'm going on something similar. On my side i'm going for that :

Allegiance : Ogor Mawtribes 

Realm : Shyish

Mawtribe : Bloodgullet

Leader

- Frostlord on Stonehorm (400 pts)

Moun traits : Black Clatterthorn

Artefact of Power : Ethereal Amulet

- Butcher (140 pts)

Weapons : Cleaver

Spells : Ribcracker / Molten Entrails

- Slaughtermaster (140 pts)

General 

Command Trait : "Nice drop of the red stuff"

Spells : Blood Feast / Greasy Deluge

Artefact of Power : Splatter-cleaver

Battleline :

- Ogors gluttons x12 (400 pts)

Pairs of clubs or blades

- Ogors gluttons x12 (400 pts)

Pairs of clubs or blades

- Ironguts x4 (220 pts)

Other

- Leadbelchers x2 (80 pts)

- Frost Sabres x2 (40 pts)

Warscroll batallion :

- Goremand (140 pts)

Endless Spell :

- Balewind Vortex (40 pts)

2000/2000 pts

7 minutes ago, Priha said:

From what I understand, they removed the old Overtyrant option from the new book? Any ideas what to use my old Greasus model as until we get something similar available?

Slaughtermaster who eats coins instead of meat?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Priha said:

From what I understand, they removed the old Overtyrant option from the new book? Any ideas what to use my old Greasus model as until we get something similar available?

Saw a Pretty dope conversion on this site where someone mounted Greasus on a Stonehorn. Looked amazing.

31 minutes ago, Ruvich said:

Saw a Pretty dope conversion on this site where someone mounted Greasus on a Stonehorn. Looked amazing.

Sounds pretty good, have to look out for that one, though cutting into that big pile of pewter sounds daunting :)

21 minutes ago, Priha said:

Sounds pretty good, have to look out for that one, though cutting into that big pile of pewter sounds daunting :)

That's the thread, there you go. And it is daunting indeed! Especially for me, since I am lacking a lot of experience. But Inspiration, is a nice thing. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 3

How does this look? 

Allegiance: Mawtribes 

Mawtribe: Winterbite 

Formation: Torrbad 120 

Leaders: Huskard on Thundertusk 340 

Trait Winter Bite

Artifact Frostfang

Prayer: Call of the blizzard 

Mount Trait: Rimefrost Hide 

Battleline 

6 Icefall Yhetee 220

6 Icefall Yhetee 220

3 Icefall Yhetee 110

Thundertusk Raider 300

Thudertusk Raider 300

Thundertusk Raider 300

• Haha 1

Note to everyone when running a Stonehorn with all other units being Gutbusters:

BE CAREFUL. Charging them into a big monster fully buffed on your first turn will eliminate the target, but will be either shot to pieces or stuck up against a huge unit of chaff. A small contingent of BCR isn't necessarily bad, but will be a massive target.