AoS 2 - Ogor Mawtribe Discussion

AthelLoren

Ogor Mawtribes Poll  

503 members have voted

1. 1. What tier do you feel Ogors are pre-battletome?

• High-tier
    • Mid-tier
    • Low-tier
  2. 2. What kind of army will you be running?

• Entirely Gutbusters
    • Mostly Gutbusters
    • Mixed forces
    • Mostly Beastclaw Raiders
    • Entirely Beastclaw Raiders

3 hours ago, Dongilles said:

Mournfang can be taken with 2 models in a unit. Can a unit still contain a Hornblower and Banner bearer? Because in the warscroll it says 1 in 4 can be a Hornblower or Banner bearer

No. The Corebook FAQ denies it:

Q: Many warscrolls allow weapon options and other upgrades
to be taken by ‘1 in every x’ models. For example, 1 in every
10 models in a unit of Blood Warriors can replace the unit’s
weapon option with a Goreglaive. What happens if the unit has
fewer than x models?
A: The weapon or upgrade cannot be taken. For
example, a unit of Blood Warriors with fewer than 10
models could not have a Goreglaive.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Haradion said:

Some good points. I can't actually find a reference in the rules that says you can't take duplicate Mount Traits, merely duplicate artefacts. Would you be so kind as to source that for me?

In the meantime, how is the following list looking? Am I making the right call with the Huskards? Or ought I to go to Raiders instead and use the points to upgrade the Ironblaster into a unit of Leadbelchers perhaps?

I note that I am current lacking in magic and not making full use of the mawpot. 

Beastclaw Raiders: Boulderhead Mawtribe

- Command Trait: Lord of Beasts

1x Frostlord on Stonehorn (General)

- Mount Trait: Black Clatterhorn

- Artefact: Brand of the Svard

1x Huskard on Stonehorn

- Mount Trait: Metalcrusher

- Blood Vultures

1x Huskard on Stonehorn 

- Mount Trait Old Gristletooth

- Blood Vultures 

2x Mournfang Pack (2 each)

- Gargant Hackers

12x Ogor Gluttons

- Paired Blades

1x Tyrant

1x Ironblaster

2000/2000

The base build seems fine to me. You could always drop the tyrant and ironblaster and add 2 slaughtermasters. 

With fatty builds that I’m putting together I would try to fit in a battalion to allow a second artifact (ethereal amulet on FL). It’s hard with the points in the gluttons though although they do being a nice brick of bodies and ability to clear hordes. 

1 hour ago, Turragor said:

1 quick note: an army may not include duplicates of the same mount trait & you only hve 1 until you take a battalion. Same as artefacts.

I love new ogors but am worried for any melee army in the current activation wars. 

Still think the good lists(of which i think there will be quite a few) are greater than 50% win rate.

Solid 3 of 5 wins tourney army.

Ok. That's new...

image.png.b2ebce04ee9b5c5fe0001e686c48fde6.png

No other army as that restriction. 

He can however take as many mount traits as he has heroes because he's running Boulderhead

Edited by Karragon

13 minutes ago, Karragon said:

Ok. That's new...

image.png.b2ebce04ee9b5c5fe0001e686c48fde6.png

No other army as that restriction. 

He can however take as many mount traits as he has heroes because he's running Boulderhead

I think Orruks and Cities of Sigmar also have that as well. But I haven't checked. Seems weird that OM would be signaled out unless they simply forgot to put that text in.

Edited by kenshin620

23 minutes ago, Karragon said:

aha, thanks for that correction :)

And yes it is new (SCE 2.0 tome and the more recent Fyreslayers 2.0 tome do not have the same duplicate mount trait restriction) but I assume it's the way it'll be going forward...

Unless this is another subtle nod from GW that no other mount is quite like a Stonehorn (and they need exceptions).

Edited by Turragor

3 minutes ago, Karragon said:

Yeah, having checked. SCE, and FEC do not have the restriction (don't have Fyreslayers to check but I don't remember seeing it), Orruks, Cities, Ogors do. 

Yep Fyreslayers Magmadroths have no duplicate trait restriction. I don't have the Orruk book but I've CoS and I can't find Mount Traits in there at all.

Anyone thought  about 4 iron blasters in underguts with a tyrant guard(for survival) tyrant with the trophy rack. 

the damage output actually becomes very good for 480 points of shooting that is also good in melee. Obviously the big drawback is your sacrificing double spell butcher so not sure which is better for hitting backfield heroes / hard to kill things. 

Pretty excited to try this list out :

Allegiance: Ogor Mawtribes
- Mawtribe: Bloodgullet
Mortal Realm: Shyish
Frostlord on Stonehorn (400)
- Artefact: Ethereal Amulet
- Mount Trait: Black Clatterhorn
Slaughtermaster (140)
- General
- Trait: Nice Drop of the Red Stuff!
- Artefact: Splatter-cleaver
- Lore of Gutmagic: Blood Feast
Butcher (140)
- Cleaver
- Lore of Gutmagic: Molten Entrails
12 x Ogor Gluttons (400)
- Clubs or Blades with Iron Fists
12 x Ogor Gluttons (400)
- Clubs or Blades with Iron Fists
4 x Ironguts (220)
2 x Leadbelchers (80)
Goremand (140)
Chronomantic Cogs (80)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 147

Could maybe switch out the cogs with 2 more leadbelchers or 4 cats. But with the pot we actually have a chance at getting endless spells off. Also thought about taking a balewind. Since our offensive spells are nice but 18 inch makes it a bit more limited.

22 hours ago, daviseford said:

Hey guys, Ogors have been a personal favorite of mine for some time (I have a display case full of them).

I'm pretty pleased to announce that they're fully up to date on AoS Reminders 

619119355_ScreenShot2019-11-03at4_56_48PM.png.4856e523753872300ddac89d1e913ad2.png

Remember - Might Makes Right :D 

Superb!

Just some Feedback:

Stonehorn Mounttraits are missing or not shown when stonehorn is picked, there are only the Thundertusk ones.

Also some Tribe Traits are missing. Can`tr find Bloodgullet artifact Splatter Cleaver too.

Keep the good work !

Edited by Lucank
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Reuben Parker said:

Anyone thought  about 4 iron blasters in underguts with a tyrant guard(for survival) tyrant with the trophy rack. 

the damage output actually becomes very good for 480 points of shooting that is also good in melee. Obviously the big drawback is your sacrificing double spell butcher so not sure which is better for hitting backfield heroes / hard to kill things. 

That's the list I really want to try !

Allegiance: Ogor Mawtribes
- Mawtribe: Underguts

Leaders
Tyrant (160)
- General
- Trait: Mass of Scars
- Artefact: Gruesome Trophy Rack
Butcher (140)
- Cleaver
- Artefact: Gnoblar Blast Keg
- Lore of Gutmagic: Blubbergrub Stench
Huskard on Stonehorn (320)
- Blood Vulture
- Mount Trait: Metalcruncher

Battleline
12 x Ogor Gluttons (400)
- Clubs or Blades with Iron Fists
4 x Ironguts (220)
4 x Leadbelchers (160)

Units
1 x Ironblaster (120)
1 x Ironblaster (120)
1 x Ironblaster (120)
1 x Ironblaster (120)

Battalions
Tyrant's Gutguard (120)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 143

1 hour ago, Lucank said:

Superb!

Just some Feedback:

Stonehorn Mounttraits are missing or not shown when stonehorn is picked, there are only the Thundertusk ones.

Also some Tribe Traits are missing. Can`tr find Bloodgullet artifact Splatter Cleaver too.

Keep the good work !

I think you've a cache issue, I can see those traits in incognito mode/ cleared cache - not with an older tab I had open though.

Can you try with a fresh tab and let us know what else isn't there still (if anything)?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Reuben Parker said:

I'm not doing 4 but I will get into a fun list with 2 and a firebelly with cloud of ash in the middle. With two 10 leadbelcher blocks. The combat difference is not so big, the 8 missing wounds do hurt though. but the added utility might be a good trade. Definitely looking forward to that list in friendly games. running forward while blasting hand cannons. Any backfield threat being run over. Also (first) gonna go for the extra pistol shots on the Tyrant though. Might change that back at some point. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, rosa said:

Could we start and add here all relevant alternativ models available for Ogor Mawtribes? Especially sabretooth? Hunters?

I really want to avoid to buy that old Finecast stuff...

I think there going to be a new sabretooth and hunter coming out for Beastgrave but its probably sometime next year.

I know most people just use  the Fenrisan wolfs as a proxy for frost sabres

Edited by novakai
  • Like 1

Actually, Ogors are forecasted to have a possible update in Underworlds where both a hunter and a beast were shown (in the cards).  It's not official and given we've seen 2 of the releases coming out for it, may be on the later end of the group but it's something.. and it'll be plastic.

• Like 1