AoS 2 - Ogor Mawtribe Discussion

AthelLoren

Ogor Mawtribes Poll  

503 members have voted

1. 1. What tier do you feel Ogors are pre-battletome?

• High-tier
    • Mid-tier
    • Low-tier
  2. 2. What kind of army will you be running?

• Entirely Gutbusters
    • Mostly Gutbusters
    • Mixed forces
    • Mostly Beastclaw Raiders
    • Entirely Beastclaw Raiders

20 hours ago, 5kaven5lave said:

Anyone going in for Gnoblar spam?

No, but I was considering a gnoblar liberation army. All the ironguts yetis and gluttons etc will be stacks of gboblars maybe 4 tall with oversized weapons etc. Banners saying "no et uZ" or "fre da gnobs" etc

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Frowny said:

No, but I was considering a gnoblar liberation army. All the ironguts yetis and gluttons etc will be stacks of gboblars maybe 4 tall with oversized weapons etc. Banners saying "no et uZ" or "fre da gnobs" etc

Then you need to buy Red Gobbo when he will be released. VIVA DA REVOLUSHUN!

17 minutes ago, Frowny said:

Get some “real” goblins from Gloomspite who will lead these oppressed goblins to freedom!

29 minutes ago, Zorki said:

Hello !

What do you thing about my actual list ?

Edit : Great Mawpot obviously.

Zorki.PDF 942.7 kB · 10 downloads

Haven’t got the book yet. But I’m pretty sure ironguts are only battleline with a gutbusters general? And leadbelcher require 4 models to count as battleline. 

also both butcher as slaughter master have greasy deluge  is that for back up? As you can’t cast or attempt it twice in a turn  

im probably misremembering but otherwise looks like a good list to me. 

19 minutes ago, Zorki said:

You have right, i juste swap Butcher into my general with the same command trait

For the spell's choice. I'm focusing on debuffing ennemy / buff gluton. You think i can go for a better combo ?

Screenshot_20191102-170851_Samsung Internet.jpg

Don’t trust 1d4Chan. Leadbelchers need 4 to be battleline.

26 minutes ago, Zorki said:

FPC

Ok but i can use 2 Leadbelcher no ? I just need 2 to active the butcher's band.

+ i have already 3 batteline so it's ok for the 3+ battleline needed.

Excactly.  Good for the battalion but not for battleline if the unit is 2. 

2 hours ago, Zorki said:

For the spell's choice. I'm focusing on debuffing ennemy / buff gluton. You think i can go for a better combo ?

I personally would go for two different spells not one. But that’s just me.  So two times deluge but only able to cast it once is a shame. I would take the blood feast as well for example. Now you have a debuff spell for the unit you need to survive (for example ogors on an objective that are about to get charged) and one buff spell for when you need to do more damage. 
as a further thing I would give bloodfeast to the slaughtermaster. Just because that allows for the chance of +1 to hit from the couldron and +1 attack from blood feast to do some real damage. 

Edited by Kramer

So I had a depressing match against Greywater Fastness today using the new Battletome. I knew he was using Cities of Sigmar, and he knew I was using Mawtribes. It was both of our first times using the armies with the new books, though not the first time using the models. He came prepped with a list to take Mawtribes down. I should've prepped accordingly, and so it happened that in Round 5 I was tabled. Our lists were:

Me

Bloodgullet

Tyrant (General, Red Stuff, Splatter-Cleaver)

Butcher (Wizard Head, Molten Entrails, Greasy Deluge

Slaughtermaster (Apron, Blood Feast, Ribcracker)

12 Ogors

4 Ironguts 

4 Ironguts

4 Leadbelchers

Stonehorn Beastriders

Tyrant's Gutguard

Goremand

His:

Some cheap buff-thing

Some cheap buff-thing

Some cheap buff-thing

Lord-Ordinator

20 Handgunners

20 Handgunners

10 Hangunners

5 Outriders 

5 Outriders

5 Outriders

Volley Gun

Volley Gun

Volley Gun

Rocket Battery

Rocket Battery

Artillery Battalion thing (let him take 5 arty's and let him shoot with them 2 times on 1st turn)

He killed my Stonehorn, Butcher, Slaughtermaster, and 3 Ogors on turn 1, rendering my army rather useless.
The game did not improve from there.

The Leadbelchers weren't too bad, though they are definitely a melee unit.

The Tyrant is still fantastic. 

Ironguts do crazy damage, even an minimum size.

Ogors are fantastic, though 2 blocks of 12 will serve you much better than 1.

The worst part was that my opponent had crappy dice, but it didnt matter because the stupid buff heroes made everything 2+ to hit and 2+ to wound!

Had I prepared accordingly, things may have turned out different, but for that way it is, I cannot give a full review of our new warscrolls yet as half of my army was destroyed in 1 shooting phase.

Oh well, better luck next time!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MKsmash said:

So I had a depressing match against Greywater Fastness today using the new Battletome. I knew he was using Cities of Sigmar, and he knew I was using Mawtribes. It was both of our first times using the armies with the new books, though not the first time using the models. He came prepped with a list to take Mawtribes down. I should've prepped accordingly, and so it happened that in Round 5 I was tabled. Our lists were:

Me

Bloodgullet

12 Ogors

4 Ironguts 

4 Ironguts

4 Leadbelchers

Stonehorn Beastriders

Tyrant's Gutguard

Goremand

His:

Some cheap buff-thing

Some cheap buff-thing

Some cheap buff-thing

Lord-Ordinator

20 Handgunners

20 Handgunners

10 Hangunners

5 Outriders 

5 Outriders

5 Outriders

Volley Gun

Volley Gun

Volley Gun

Rocket Battery

Rocket Battery

Artillery Battalion thing (let him take 5 arty's and let him shoot with them 2 times on 1st turn)

He killed my Stonehorn, Butcher, Slaughtermaster, and 3 Ogors on turn 1, rendering my army rather useless.

The worst part was that my opponent had crappy dice, but it didnt matter because the stupid buff heroes made everything 2+ to hit and 2+ to wound!

Had I prepared accordingly, things may have turned out different, but for that way it is, I cannot give a full review of our new warscrolls yet as half of my army was destroyed in 1 shooting phase.

Tailored lists are impossible if you just want to test out units. But totally with you on the leadbelchers. 

would you add a hunter with some cats in? To have some turn 1 backfield pressure? Or a firebelly for Ash cloud turn one ? 
We do have a lot of easy battalions so a two/three drop army shouldn’t be impossible. 

12 hours ago, Eocosa said:

Anyone able to get the ebook from the App yet? For whatever reason both mawtribes and OBR don’t have the option to preview or purchase even after an uninstall/reinstall

11 hours ago, Nubl0 said:

Been waiting all day to get both new tomes in the app but still nothing.

Same for me, still not available to purchase.

7 hours ago, MKsmash said:

Me

Bloodgullet

12 Ogors

4 Ironguts 

4 Ironguts

4 Leadbelchers

Stonehorn Beastriders

Tyrant's Gutguard

Goremand

His:

Some cheap buff-thing

Some cheap buff-thing

Some cheap buff-thing

Lord-Ordinator

20 Handgunners

20 Handgunners

10 Hangunners

5 Outriders 

5 Outriders

5 Outriders

Volley Gun

Volley Gun

Volley Gun

Rocket Battery

Rocket Battery

I will remove one of the battalions and include one firebelly... In the actual meta i think they're beasts