AoS 2 - Ogor Mawtribe Discussion

AthelLoren

Ogor Mawtribes Poll  

503 members have voted

1. 1. What tier do you feel Ogors are pre-battletome?

• High-tier
    • Mid-tier
    • Low-tier
  2. 2. What kind of army will you be running?

• Entirely Gutbusters
    • Mostly Gutbusters
    • Mixed forces
    • Mostly Beastclaw Raiders
    • Entirely Beastclaw Raiders

48 minutes ago, Intrinsic said:

I posted this in the rumor thread about the value discrepancy between the Ogors and Bonereapers in the Feast of Bones box, but thought I should also post here for people that are considering starting an Ogor force:

I know more people here are EU based than US, but the point still stands. If you split this box for the Ogor half, demand to pay signficantly less. Do not 50/50 this box. 

Man that will be a messy sell for splitting things I think lol. Will make most people I pitch to think I'm a greedy old tyrant xD. 

Appreciate the breakdown though! Guess will beat the bush and see if I can manage to find someone looking for OBR's. 

1 hour ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Can’t seem to remember  that, since basically the warcsrolls for the skaven where so bad, before the battletome, that there wasn’t much to discuss.

Yes it happened. So many people crying and whining before hand. It crescendo’d with the faction previews and people even claiming to quit the army because of it being unplayable. Hell people even started whining about the stormvermin losing there outnumbering rule and the warlords running away rules. Even though they ended up being (roughly faction wide rules). 
yesterday somebody threatened to quit in the rumour thread because of the rules previews and GW being the devil. 

it happens every single release. The only thing is I can’t remember it being this extreme in the first two years? Maybe it’s my memory of that time or with a bigger crowd more... of this type of people join the hobby. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Intrinsic said:

I posted this in the rumor thread about the value discrepancy between the Ogors and Bonereapers in the Feast of Bones box, but thought I should also post here for people that are considering starting an Ogor force:

I know more people here are EU based than US, but the point still stands. If you split this box for the Ogor half, demand to pay signficantly less. Do not 50/50 this box. 

Other way to look at it.... is it still good value that way? Than don’t make a big deal about It if you don’t want to. If I was going to share with a friend I’d absolutely 50-50 it. Just my two cents. 

5 minutes ago, Kramer said:

Yes it happened. So many people crying and whining before hand. It crescendo’d with the faction previews and people even claiming to quit the army because of it being unplayable. Hell people even started whining about the stormvermin losing there outnumbering rule and the warlords running away rules. Even though they ended up being (roughly faction wide rules). 
yesterday somebody threatened to quit in the rumour thread because of the rules previews and GW being the devil. 

it happens every single release. The only thing is I can’t remember it being this extreme in the first two years? Maybe it’s my memory of that time or with a bigger crowd more... of this type of people join the hobby. 

My mistake, I apologize for everything I’ve said.

I believe in that time I was just happy to get a book, after having waited for a full fledged decade.

13 minutes ago, Kramer said:

Other way to look at it.... is it still good value that way? Than don’t make a big deal about It if you don’t want to. If I was going to share with a friend I’d absolutely 50-50 it. Just my two cents. 

Yeah, that depends. When sharing with a friend or someone new to the hobby, and while you are generous, it´s ok maybe.

But meanwhile AoS is an expensive hobby and cold logic says to me: Why subvent another Players army if they are getting the better deal already in terms of new units? From the Esimated GW Price, the two Morghast are alone almost worth about 1/3 of the box. The rest are new sculpts which in general are quite expensive. Meanwhile Ogors get nothing really worthwhile in the box beside the hero and maybe the cannon.  If the estimated prices are true, and the Ogor Box is only 1/3 of buy-value, why should be the box split in a way in which you pay for 1/2 of the box?

23 minutes ago, Charleston said:

Yeah, that depends. When sharing with a friend or someone new to the hobby, and while you are generous, it´s ok maybe.

But meanwhile AoS is an expensive hobby and cold logic says to me: Why subvent another Players army if they are getting the better deal already in terms of new units? From the Esimated GW Price, the two Morghast are alone almost worth about 1/3 of the box. The rest are new sculpts which in general are quite expensive. Meanwhile Ogors get nothing really worthwhile in the box beside the hero and maybe the cannon.  If the estimated prices are true, and the Ogor Box is only 1/3 of buy-value, why should be the box split in a way in which you pay for 1/2 of the box?

Why are new models worth more? 'Nothing worthwhile besides the hero and the cannon' means the rest doesnt have value for you, still makes the models have value, right? Are you judging the retail cost or the production cost? Maybe they cost the same to make? Unlikely but possibly. And how do you value the books and stuff in there? And did you consider points? If both end up being around 600 points (which generally is the case for these boxes from memory) doesn't that mean they are equally valuable? Add to that that the hero and morghast might never end up being fielded (as well) those that increase the value of the ogors?

Keyword in my original response being 'if you don't WANT to'. If you feel better with cold logic, like you put it, fine do your thing. But the post I responded to ended with 'Do not 50/50 this box'.  I'm just saying, if 50/50'ing the box gives you enough bang for your buck. Just do it, your money, your deal. Don't let someone tell you what you should demand. 

I'm planning on keeping an eye on ebay and facebook as Feast of Bones comes out. So far the Ossiarch side is waaaaaay more popular amongst my local gaming group than the Mawtribes. I'm hoping people wind up just dumping the Ogor side for cheap. I just don't want to miss out on the Tyrant as going off other boxes it might be a year or more until GW releases him separately.

4 minutes ago, Shankelton said:

Ah yeeaaaaah. Might makes right is actually a thing! BCR and Guts can now officially play the objective game!

They needed that! Very happy that GW acknowledged the difficulty of playing the objective game as a super-elite style of army like Ogors :D Good stuff! 

• LOVE IT! 1

2 minutes ago, Mayple said:

They needed that! Very happy that GW acknowledged the difficulty of playing the objective game as a super-elite style of army like Ogors :D Good stuff! 

Now they only need to allow infantry to shoot out of KO skyships and another army will become better.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mayple said:

I assume the movement buff works on their Beastclaw raiders as well, so Mawtribes might end up as a surprisingly speedy faction, limited only in that they have less speed if they want to pull of retreat-move shenanigans. 

Still waiting to see if they'll be a bit more survivable. Thundertusks are notoriously easy to turn off, though healing seems to be a big keyword getting thrown around. The Everwinters grasp ability needs a turn or two to even reliably be happening, so if things are as squishy as they are it might be a bit of a dud.