Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AthelLoren

AoS 2 - Ogor Mawtribe Discussion

Ogor Mawtribes Poll  

450 members have voted

  1. 1. What tier do you feel Ogors are pre-battletome?

    • High-tier
      25
    • Mid-tier
      202
    • Low-tier
      223
  2. 2. What kind of army will you be running?

    • Entirely Gutbusters
      34
    • Mostly Gutbusters
      115
    • Mixed forces
      194
    • Mostly Beastclaw Raiders
      77
    • Entirely Beastclaw Raiders
      30


Recommended Posts

On 6/19/2020 at 9:57 AM, Eorek said:

To be honest... even if cats were more expensive than Gorgers I'd still run cats due to the synergies with the hunter, how they fit into a skal and the potential screening you get from them. 

It seems to me that Gorgers' main strength is being able to drop single model units and testing your luck on MWs from trampling charge. Example, drop three single Gorgers as deepstrike, charge each at your target, on a good day two of them will make it with rerolls, and then you've got 18-24 dice to roll for trampling charge. Seems like a good way to ****** off your opponent.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Latty said:

It seems to me that Gorgers' main strength is being able to drop single model units and testing your luck on MWs from trampling charge. Example, drop three single Gorgers as deepstrike, charge each at your target, on a good day two of them will make it with rerolls, and then you've got 18-24 dice to roll for trampling charge. Seems like a good way to ****** off your opponent.

Valid points, Although this would require your opponent to make some real majour mistakes... Mistakes you can capitalize on with cats aswell,  which also will fill other roles. 

I am not sure though, might build a few gorgers and have a go with them, but I remain sceptical... How does one make Oni/yokai themed gorgers is the big question now...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hiya.

Is the following artefact for the Frostlord only or the mount aswell?

Alvagr Rune-tokens: Once per battle, at the start of your hero phase, the bearer can use this artefact. If they do so, until the start of your next hero phase, you can re-roll hit and wound rolls for attacks made by the bearer and re-roll save rolls for attacks that target the bearer.

/D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/22/2020 at 6:03 PM, Latty said:

It seems to me that Gorgers' main strength is being able to drop single model units and testing your luck on MWs from trampling charge. Example, drop three single Gorgers as deepstrike, charge each at your target, on a good day two of them will make it with rerolls, and then you've got 18-24 dice to roll for trampling charge. Seems like a good way to ****** off your opponent.

Exactly. But the biggest problem of the Gorgers is that they have to appear turn 1. So they are effective just if your opponent make a deployment mistake. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/22/2020 at 6:03 PM, Latty said:

It seems to me that Gorgers' main strength is being able to drop single model units and testing your luck on MWs from trampling charge. Example, drop three single Gorgers as deepstrike, charge each at your target, on a good day two of them will make it with rerolls, and then you've got 18-24 dice to roll for trampling charge. Seems like a good way to ****** off your opponent.

Besides being forced to arrive turn 1 (and we get first turn as we struggle with low drops especially with 3 gorgers) is that 18 to 24 dice is only 3 to 4 MW. So how much is that actually worth? It's a nice bonus though! Don't get me wrong. 

But I'm with @Eorek. Cat's with a hunter allows you to be more flexible with the same list. You can set everything or nothing in ambush. Arrive turn one or turn 4. It's so much more flexible. And forces choices on your opponent starting with the deployment. That's worth so much. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys, do you know if there are any tutorials for brown furred stonehorns out there? Kept searching and only found one YouTube tutorial and nothing else :( 

Maybe Someone knows a good one or can point out a recipe of his own brown furred stonehorn :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Found a Feast of Bones this weekend when I ventured out to the FLGS for the first time in months, so I guess I’m all aboard the Ogor train! 😱

Having lots of fun converting these big lads already. Building the Scrap Launcher instead of the Iron Blaster leaves this guy free to become a Butcher! 

42949D22-5CB2-499D-AD33-0713B336995A.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tamthethird said:

Found a Feast of Bones this weekend when I ventured out to the FLGS for the first time in months, so I guess I’m all aboard the Ogor train! 😱

Having lots of fun converting these big lads already. Building the Scrap Launcher instead of the Iron Blaster leaves this guy free to become a Butcher! 

42949D22-5CB2-499D-AD33-0713B336995A.jpeg

Enjoy! 
depending how much you value the lore, and seeing as you might have missed it if your new to the army, the butchers and slaughtermaster are the only ogor without gut plates.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello ogor players!

If I am to start a ogor army which goes heavy on shooting, what would you recommand? Do you prefer lronblasters or thundertusks according to current meta?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/26/2020 at 11:36 AM, Kramer said:

Besides being forced to arrive turn 1 (and we get first turn as we struggle with low drops especially with 3 gorgers) is that 18 to 24 dice is only 3 to 4 MW. So how much is that actually worth? It's a nice bonus though! Don't get me wrong. 

But I'm with @Eorek. Cat's with a hunter allows you to be more flexible with the same list. You can set everything or nothing in ambush. Arrive turn one or turn 4. It's so much more flexible. And forces choices on your opponent starting with the deployment. That's worth so much. 

Is it worth taking that Skal battalion for the ambushing cats?   Extra CP and relic are nice.  Lower drops to maybe get to go first.   Wonder if I could fit that and four ironblasters and a goremand and Tyrant in 2k points?   

I have the ironblasters and a butcher and 9 gluttons so far.  Picked up the battle tome also today.  

The gluttons have iron fists.  I’ve had decent luck with bloodwarriors and Azgorh spiteshields doing the same thing in the past.  But double weapons possibly getting extra hits seems solid on paper too.  What do experienced Ogors like for Gluttons?  And can we take a banner and a beast skull in 6 models?  Or just 1 or the other ?

I’m wondering if mixing gutbusters and beastclaw Raiders units in an army could have some flexible utility.    A stonehorn makes a potent distraction carnifex.   And can score an objective pretty well on its own!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Lord Krungharr said:

Is it worth taking that Skal battalion for the ambushing cats?   Extra CP and relic are nice.  Lower drops to maybe get to go first.   Wonder if I could fit that and four ironblasters and a goremand and Tyrant in 2k points?   

I have the ironblasters and a butcher and 9 gluttons so far.  Picked up the battle tome also today.  

The gluttons have iron fists.  I’ve had decent luck with bloodwarriors and Azgorh spiteshields doing the same thing in the past.  But double weapons possibly getting extra hits seems solid on paper too.  What do experienced Ogors like for Gluttons?  And can we take a banner and a beast skull in 6 models?  Or just 1 or the other ?

I’m wondering if mixing gutbusters and beastclaw Raiders units in an army could have some flexible utility.    A stonehorn makes a potent distraction carnifex.   And can score an objective pretty well on its own!

I'm good with only one battalion. And I rather take the Slaughtermaster one. In the new ghb the malign portents artefacts look like to be dropped. So the value of the battalions might drop a bit. 

In your case I would first get three more gluttons. That way you can play 2x6 or 1x12 gluttons for the horde discount. 

double weapons vs. iron fistis is a bit personal I feel. I have 12 of both and usually take 1x12 with double weapons. When they get in they usually get selected first and need to power through something. But I can definitely see the argument for iron fists. For example if you charge two units in the turn. It makes sense to pick the unit with iron fists last. Or if you take 2x6 for screening units and objectives. Then they will usually get hit first. 

Stonehorn is way more than a distraciton carnifex. It actually does real work. So yes, mixing works very well. It's when you try to make a low drop list that you are kinda forced to go one or the other imo. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

By the Gods, I hope these hero creation rules mean I can finally make Frostlords/Huskards on Mournfang...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, HostilSpike said:

By the Gods, I hope these hero creation rules mean I can finally make Frostlords/Huskards on Mournfang...

Wouldn't see why not? You can select Ogor, and a monstrous mount. 😁

I'm more excited by the thought of an Tyrant on Mournfang.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ogors remain unchanged on points

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bululu said:

Ogors remain unchanged on points

Source? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Theive told me ogor points changes will come on a pdf after release so my info is probably 

wrong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did Mawtribes come out after Cities?  I can't remember.  If anything, Ironguts should get cheaper.  And them and Leadbelchers should get max unit size discounts.  Because I want more of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If one were to run all Beastclaw Monsters, would one prefer all Stonehorns or all Thundertusks?  Or do both belong in a pure monster mash?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lord Krungharr said:

If one were to run all Beastclaw Monsters, would one prefer all Stonehorns or all Thundertusks?  Or do both belong in a pure monster mash?

Till now the Stonehorns are considered by far better than the Thundertusks. With the probably point reduction we will see... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, DestructionFranz said:

Till now the Stonehorns are considered by far better than the Thundertusks. With the probably point reduction we will see... 

Still stone horns. sadly. 
 

The bigger question for me is will we see many mounted characters when the common artefacts disappear? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Kramer said:

Still stone horns. sadly. 
 

The bigger question for me is will we see many mounted characters when the common artefacts disappear? 

To lose Ethereal Amulet is hard to digest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe if we pick a Realm for our army, then we'll automatically have access to the Realm spell?  That would something I guess.  I expect the standard Realm artefacts to be pretty meh now too.  Ghyrstrike from Ghyran and Ignax's Scales/Thermalrider Cloak from Aqshy have been my go-to favorites (for Chaos stuff though).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...