AoS 2 - Ogor Mawtribe Discussion

AthelLoren

Ogor Mawtribes Poll  

503 members have voted

1. 1. What tier do you feel Ogors are pre-battletome?

• High-tier
    • Mid-tier
    • Low-tier
  2. 2. What kind of army will you be running?

• Entirely Gutbusters
    • Mostly Gutbusters
    • Mixed forces
    • Mostly Beastclaw Raiders
    • Entirely Beastclaw Raiders

Does the Huskard on Thundertusk get a little more viable with the buffs to priests coming out? Being able to hand out 6+ ward saves sounds very tempting. 

Also, I'm still a relatively new Ogor player and I was unaware just how deadly Gluttons can be when buffed up. Loved watching my 12-man unit with Blood Feast, Spinemarow, and Rockchomper delete a Chaos Mammoth in one round of combat. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fellman said:

This will hit Glotons with 1¨range ther damage hard
Beskrivning saknas.

It sounds bad on paper but in reality how often were all 12 fighting before? It limits piling in a bit and we'll have to be a lot more careful with who gets removed when killed but I honestly think it's way worse for units on 32mm bases than our 40s.

Edited by HostilSpike
Typo

10 hours ago, HostilSpike said:

It sounds bad on paper but in reality how often were all 12 fighting before? It limits piling in a bit and we'll have to be a lot more careful with who gets removed when killed but I honestly think it's way worse for units on 32mm bases than our 40s.

For a unit of 12 it wouldn't matter so much. But if you're running smaller units like 6 then you basically have to form two rows, or at least two behind.

Same problem for frost sabre's in bigger units, It not as efficient for screening, blocking and wrapping things anymore.

39 minutes ago, yacob said:

For a unit of 12 it wouldn't matter so much. But if you're running smaller units like 6 then you basically have to form two rows, or at least two behind.

Same problem for frost sabre's in bigger units, It not as efficient for screening, blocking and wrapping things anymore.

In 6s it only slows you in the movement, after you hit combat you can just pile in as you do now and then either lose 1 lad to attacks back or at worst 1 for not maintaining coherency because once you drop to 5 it's back to the current rules. Or have I totally misunderstood the new rules?

3 hours ago, HostilSpike said:

In 6s it only slows you in the movement, after you hit combat you can just pile in as you do now and then either lose 1 lad to attacks back or at worst 1 for not maintaining coherency because once you drop to 5 it's back to the current rules. Or have I totally misunderstood the new rules?

It says they must finish every move as a coherent group. So you can't pile-in out of coherency, even if you would be in coherency after losing casualties.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ganigumo said:

It says they must finish every move as a coherent group. So you can't pile-in out of coherency, even if you would be in coherency after losing casualties.

Ah my bad, I always forget Piling In counts as movement for stuff like this. You can have a front rank of 4 backed by 2 and space them to get all 6 with an inch of a hypothetical front line but appreciate that's not very practical 😁

20210608_160553.jpg

For the most part you probably would want to run 3 or 12 though instead of 6 as 6 robs you of the leader's extra attacks that you would get with two sets of 3's so unless a player is adamant on bringing a squad of 1 6 instead of 2 3's coherency shouldnt be too much of an issue 

I'm thinking Ironguts get more relatively valuable this edition with their 2" reach.  Mournfangs, not sure, pretty much run those in 2's anyways (for minimum Eurlbad).  Actually, will Eurlbad even exist in 3.0?  Still unsure of the battalions for tomes, rumors say they might be gone for Matched Play.

1 hour ago, Lord Krungharr said:

I'm thinking Ironguts get more relatively valuable this edition with their 2" reach.  Mournfangs, not sure, pretty much run those in 2's anyways (for minimum Eurlbad).  Actually, will Eurlbad even exist in 3.0?  Still unsure of the battalions for tomes, rumors say they might be gone for Matched Play.

Based on what I've seen so far it's going to be "Battletome:Stonehorns and Ironguts". Mournfang are relatively unhurt by the changes, and even if you ran them in bigger units you'd rarely do more than 4. Monsters seem to be improving significantly though, so it makes the disparity between mournfang and SHBR even bigger.

4 hours ago, Malakithe said:

That list wont work due to the new reinforcement rules

what are the new reinforcment rules? I cant find anything about it.

Do you feel we lose a lot if we're losing our battalions? I don't know because I'm fairly new to the game, but I kind of liked the Goremand and was planning to build my list around it.

15 hours ago, Malakithe said:

That list wont work due to the new reinforcement rules

D'oh!  Just saw those today.  

Looking at the new Core battalions, could do something like:

Command Entourage:  FLoSH, 2x Slaughtermasters

Battle Regiment: Butcher, 2x8 Ironguts, 1x4 Ironguts

Bloodgullet, yadda yadda.....depending on points changes, there's 80 points wiggle room in that, and 4 drops.  Not bad.

1 hour ago, Lord Krungharr said:

What the heck are those?!  A Kraken-eater shouldn't be that crappy in combat; and that named Tyrant is no picnic either.

Its gotta be something to do with the new character builder in the next white dwarf. Look at the numbers on the portrait. 20 and 40, for their destiny point costs.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Lord Krungharr said:

D'oh!  Just saw those today.  

Looking at the new Core battalions, could do something like:

Command Entourage:  FLoSH, 2x Slaughtermasters

Battle Regiment: Butcher, 2x8 Ironguts, 1x4 Ironguts

Bloodgullet, yadda yadda.....depending on points changes, there's 80 points wiggle room in that, and 4 drops.  Not bad.

Your assuming drops will still count from battalions. If you look at the pic of the new battalions you can see the one symbol at the top that says 'counts as one drop'. To me that translates as all others dont count as one drop

18 hours ago, yacob said:

what are the new reinforcment rules? I cant find anything about it.

Do you feel we lose a lot if we're losing our battalions? I don't know because I'm fairly new to the game, but I kind of liked the Goremand and was planning to build my list around it.

To summarize at 2k points everyone gets 4 reinforcement points. Those points are used to increase a units size. Battleline can use up to 2 points while all others can only use 1. Everyone is currently assuming that unit sizes will be changed across the game. From what I heard they will be based on whats in a standard kit.

Everyone will be losing out when factions battalions are pulled from pitched battles. Theres going to be a lot of growing pains and a new massive learning curve 

• Like 1