AoS 2 - Ogor Mawtribe Discussion

AthelLoren

Ogor Mawtribes Poll  

503 members have voted

1. 1. What tier do you feel Ogors are pre-battletome?

• High-tier
    • Mid-tier
    • Low-tier
  2. 2. What kind of army will you be running?

• Entirely Gutbusters
    • Mostly Gutbusters
    • Mixed forces
    • Mostly Beastclaw Raiders
    • Entirely Beastclaw Raiders

28 minutes ago, Tropical Ghost General said:

OK team. 

I know that point changes are inbound, so this all might change. 

But how would you run an all gutbuster list at 1k?

My 1K is:

butcher, 10 leadbelchers, 2x3 gluttons, Hunter,  4 cats. 

its great fun in underguts and bloodgullut. 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Sartxac said:

Whick artifact do you that is better Blade of All-Frost or Alvagr Rune-tokens? 

I'd say you get an advantage every game from the Rune-tokens but you might get a bit more out of All-frost if you get it into a killy monster that survives the hit.... So my money would be on the Rune-tokens, except when you know you are fighting a big monster that will survive your first hit. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sartxac said:

With this, seems better Blade of All-Frost

The big upside with the rune, according to me, would be the defensive bonus. It's just "re-roll save rolls" so even if they have rend you can still reroll those attacks that would otherwise fail due to the rend(the "rerolls before modifiers" rule) . 

In a typical Boulderheads list you can still have the high damage stonehorn but the defensive metalcruncher one took a hit because of ethereal amulet being removed and i guess that the rune could be an option for replacing the amulet to keep one stonehorn tanky. 

1 hour ago, Sauriv said:

Oh yes, I can give you some references as well. From the core rules at the end. 😊

So because the mount is not mentioned it only affects the bearer aka the hero on top. 

Screenshot_20200714_150043.jpg

I think its kind of odd that a Huskard on Stonehorn with the alvagr Rune Tokens can reroll only the hit and wound rolls of his punches and kicks 

Edited by Charly2912

8 minutes ago, Charly2912 said:

I think its kind of odd that a Huskard on Stonehorn with the alvagr Rune Tokens can reroll only the hit and wound rolls of his punches and kicks 

Haha yeah, that's quite awful indeed! 😂 

Its a shame that our artefacts are so restricted to the different heroes, the rune would be kind of great on a tyrant for example, but it is what it is. 

On 7/11/2020 at 3:46 AM, Seihoff said:

Hi guys.

I have a little local tournament next week (the last one using GHB 2019), and I want to know your opinion of this list. I'm pretty new with Ogors so all help is welcome:

Allegiance: Ogor Mawtribes
- Mortal Realm: Shyish
- Mawtribe: Boulderhead
LEADERS
Frostlord on Stonehorn (400)
- Artefact : Ethereal Amulet
- Mount Trait : Metalcruncher
- Artefact : Brand of the Svard
- Mount Trait : Black Clatterhorn
Icebrow Hunter (120)
- General
- Command Trait : Lord of Beasts
Slaughtermaster / Butcher (140)
- Lore of Gutmagic : Ribcracker
UNITS
6 x Frost Sabres (120)
4 x Frost Sabres (80)
12 x Ogor Gluttons (400)
- Clubs or Blades with Iron Fists
4 x Ironguts (220)
BATTALIONS
Skal (100)
TOTAL: 1980/2000 EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 1 WOUNDS: 124
LEADERS: 4/6 BATTLELINES: 3 (3+) BEHEMOTHS: 2/4 ARTILLERY: 0/4
ARTEFACTS: 2/2 ALLIES: 0/400

My main concerns are if a Slaughtermaster/Butcher is any useful in this list, or it would be better to use a Tyrant to give BS immunity to the big gluttons unit, and if it will be better to distribute the Frost Sabers 8/2, 8 in ambush with the hunter and 2 for a little screen or objective holder, instead of 6/4.

Thank you in advance!

I think you can still make good use of a SlaughterMaster in this army but perhaps with a different spell.   I say SlaughterMaster cuz then you can get that free no unbinding pot effect.  Not even a prayer really. Just snack time.  And with the heroes you can stay in range of the gluttons with one to do the general ignore battle shock CP ability.  No MW taken either.   

Id like to say take a couple lead belchers to get a Butchers Band instead of the Skal and do BloodGullet but hard to argue with Boulderhead and two StoneLords.   Won’t be able to get the Etheral Amulet now though 

Hi guys.

I have a little local tournament next week (the last one using GHB 2019), and I want to know your opinion of this list. I'm pretty new with Ogors so all help is welcome:

LEADERS
Icebrow Hunter (120)
- General
UNITS
6 x Frost Sabres (120)
4 x Frost Sabres (80)
12 x Ogor Gluttons (400)
4 x Ironguts (220)
BATTALIONS
Skal (100)

My main concerns are if a Slaughtermaster/Butcher is any useful in this list, or it would be better to use a Tyrant to give BS immunity to the big gluttons unit, and if it will be better to distribute the Frost Sabers 8/2, 8 in ambush with the hunter and 2 for a little screen or objective holder, instead of 6/4.

Thank you in advance!

I think you can still make good use of a SlaughterMaster in this army but perhaps with a different spell.   I say SlaughterMaster cuz then you can get that free no unbinding pot effect.  Not even a prayer really. Just snack time.  And with the heroes you can stay in range of the gluttons with one to do the general ignore battle shock CP ability.  No MW taken either.   

Id like to say take a couple lead belchers to get a Butchers Band instead of the Skal and do BloodGullet but hard to argue with Boulderhead and two StoneLords.   Won’t be able to get the Etheral Amulet now though 

Hi guys.

LEADERS
Icebrow Hunter (120)
- General
UNITS
6 x Frost Sabres (120)
4 x Frost Sabres (80)
12 x Ogor Gluttons (400)
4 x Ironguts (220)
BATTALIONS
Skal (100)

Thank you in advance!

Id like to say take a couple lead belchers to get a Butchers Band instead of the Skal and do BloodGullet but hard to argue with Boulderhead and two StoneLords.   Won’t be able to get the Etheral Amulet now though.  

the Frost Sabres unit sizes seem solid to me.    

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lord Krungharr said:

But 🐈 🐈 aren’t Gutbusters!

Fair enough. That would loose you some movement shenanigans and a screen. So definitely change them for 20 gnoblars then. leaving you another 100 points. 
maybe two leadbelchers. Either make the unit of 10 into 12 or separate them to have a two man squad to keep back. 

but you loose a lot in a 1K game without the ambush ability. 

With the successful beta testing of the new “Gaming Cage” allowing us to play games over Zoom two of us have started an mini-Escalation League that I am using to learn Beastclaw Raiders (set up works best for elite armies) and he is using to trial the new Nurgle sub-factions from Wrath of the Everchosen (specifically so far, Blessed Sons).

For the 1K game I went with a Boulderhead list:

FLoSH - GENERAL w/Lord of the Beasts, Brand of the Svard & Black Clatterhorn

Huskard on Thundertusk w/Pulverizing Hailstorm and Blood Vulture

2x Mournfang 

3x Gluttons

Took a minor victory as I just didn't have enough units to contest the multiple objectives.

In moving up to 1.25K took a Butcher to bring in the Mawpot and 20x Gnoblars because I’d never used them.  He used his extra points to upgrade to Blight Cyst to give his three units of PBKs -1 Rend.  Between that, the death explosions of Blessed Sons, a a critical failed charge roll early for me I disappointingly took a loss.  

Dropping the Gnoblars, as they just don’t work in this set up AND I think the Huskard on Thundertusk (as points wise I just don’t think I get enough out of him) as we move to 1.5K.  Thought is to add another FLoSH.  If I drop the Gluttons as well (at least until new points are released) can round out list with a Butcher, a Slaughtermaster and three units of 2x Mournfang.

With the battalion he now has fewer drops and with Gutrot Spume he also gets to come in on an edge which has been frustrating my instinctual tactics so far.  Think second FLoSH will help prevent him concentrating all his strength on my General but for 1.75K and 2K not sure which direction to go in...

I'm kinda obsessively messing about with the new hero generation rules and was wondering what people think of an absolute min investment Ogor Priest for 70 pts that gives a 6+ shrug on a 3+ prayer? The attack profile is pretty awful but giving big units of Gluttons or Ironguts a shrug seems pretty worthwhile