AoS 2 - Ogor Mawtribe Discussion

AthelLoren

Ogor Mawtribes Poll  

503 members have voted

1. 1. What tier do you feel Ogors are pre-battletome?

• High-tier
    • Mid-tier
    • Low-tier
  2. 2. What kind of army will you be running?

• Entirely Gutbusters
    • Mostly Gutbusters
    • Mixed forces
    • Mostly Beastclaw Raiders
    • Entirely Beastclaw Raiders

2 hours ago, GeneralZero said:

I just received My first (2) SC! BCR and what???? WTF GW??? The assembling instruction manual only include the FLoSH ???? What? I order a full kit, yes, it is in a SC§ but GW doesn't include the full assembing? What is it this new way a treating your customes? It was the same in FoB not including the Immortis build. Is this a new habit of GW?

Is there someone with the pdf of full assembing of the Thundertusk&mounting options(dual seats etc..)?

PS: found it elsewhere (I hope it is complete) but this is unacceptable from GW

You're welcome! :)

(Had the same issue)

Assembly.pdf

Edited by Dejnar
Saw that you found it already. But here it is anyways. :)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, FPC said:

Not at all uncommon I'm afraid.  They include a different set of instructions with the boxed sets based on what it's supposed to make (read: what is depicted on the box).  I don't know if this is universal.   Can't recall if the Feast of Bones instructions has the Gnoblar launcher instructions in it.  Honestly tho, if you're ever lacking instructions, just email GW.  They're fairly easy to acquire.  There is also a reddit page that posts many.

Nope it didn’t. The instructions booklet was tailor made. The same booklet included the ogor an OBR side in one. So that’s a tricky one. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Fundre said:

Quick question and apologies if this has been answered.

The spell blood feast adds 1 attack to melee weapons. Does that include gulping bites? for example, would iron guts thus each get 4 attacks with great weapons as well as 2 attacks with  bites?

Yes

• Like 1

I´ve just finished magnetizing my ghostly boys :D Still miss some models to go above the current 1120pts. I am not sure what to add. On the one side, I want to keep the model count low, therefore a Huskard and maybe some more Beastriders sound good. On the other side, Butchers seem totaly worth it, althrough beeing infantery kills my plan to be cavalery heavy. Ironblaster maybe? I also like the Idea of a conversion of a Hunter with some Wolfs instead of Sabres.

Currently I have:
Frostlord on Stonehorn
Thundertusk Beastriders
6 Mournfangs, 2x small and 4x big weapons

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

Question!

By luck I noticed that the Overtyrant is available as a choice as leader in Mawtribes now. (Was G-Alliance Destruction before)

I dont find him particulary good or anything I just love my old Greasus model. He can also choose between the normal Tyrants traits and artefact as well as benefit from Ogor specific buffs. Put bloodfeast on him perhaps, 5 attacks 3+/3+/-2/D6 damage!

Would you say he has any merit in a list at all? Or maybe just as a funny gimmick in friendly games? I sort of like his -1 to hit range/melee bribes.  But I guess CPs are to valuable to waste on his ability. :)

image.png.7852488b19553107aa480a108070b2d4.png

• LOVE IT! 1

Already having a pretty big BCR collection, I wanted to turn and make something more ogor based but also make a more ranged playstyle. Obviously Underguts has me sold so I tried making a 2k list where I take ranged and try to max it as much as possible.

Allegiance: Ogor Mawtribes
- Mawtribe: Underguts

Butcher (140)
- General
- Command Trait: Mass of Scars
- Cleaver
- Artefact: Gnoblar Blast Keg
- Lore of Gutmagic: Ribcracker

Tyrant (160)
- Artefact: Gruesome Trophy Rack

4x Iron Guts (220)

4x Ironblaster (480)

12x Leadbelchers (480)

10x Leadbelchers (400)

Tyrant's Gutguard (120)

For gutmagic im 50/50 on whether I should run Ribcracker to reduce save rolls even further with Ironblaster's Cannon rend or if I should run Blubbergrub to have the Rhinox get a nice bonus to charging. Part of me thinks theres no reason I should be charging until Bottom 2nd/3rd turn but the Trampling Charge bonus might be nice to clean up some models after the shooting phase does its job. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dejnar said:

Question!

By luck I noticed that the Overtyrant is available as a choice as leader in Mawtribes now. (Was G-Alliance Destruction before)

Eh? Why would he be available? Don't see mawtribes keyword or point cost from the book, what have been changed? 

2 hours ago, Dejnar said:

Question!

I dont find him particulary good or anything I just love my old Greasus model. He can also choose between the normal Tyrants traits and artefact as well as benefit from Ogor specific buffs. Put bloodfeast on him perhaps, 5 attacks 3+/3+/-2/D6 damage!

Would you say he has any merit in a list at all? Or maybe just as a funny gimmick in friendly games? I sort of like his -1 to hit range/melee bribes.  But I guess CPs are to valuable to waste on his ability. :)

image.png.7852488b19553107aa480a108070b2d4.png

At least he’s movement 5 now  😂

for friendly games he already was ‘good’. It’s command ability is great fun. The slow  boy who gets into combat turn 4 but then absolutely smashes face. 
don’t think it has competitive potential but super fun. 

Maybe in a yeti list for -2 to hit on several key turns? Or in winterbite for -2 to hit in key shooting phases? 

He's ok speed due to the hungry thing, which is nice. The 1d6 charge is hard though. A 2/3rds chance of failing a 3 inch charge is a hard pull to swallow.

On 11/1/2019 at 1:09 PM, 5kaven5lave said:

42 minutes ago, Kramer said:

for friendly games he already was ‘good’. It’s command ability is great fun. The slow  boy who gets into combat turn 4 but then absolutely smashes face. 

The Overtyrant is deadly, but random, with 4 d6 damage attacks and -1 to hit for a cp. I can see some comical turns with him, the -1 to hit spells Mawtribes has and a Troggoth Hag ally.  The Overtyrant isn't legal, though, not until he gets a Mawtribes keyword. Orruks, Nurgle, etc all stated that what could be included that wasn't within the tome itself. It'd be a shame if they didn't update the warscroll for funsies but CoS sets a precedent. 

59 minutes ago, Kramer said:

I suppose you could use him to proxy an allied trogboss, has similar attack profile.

Doesnt have the whimsical command ability however 

Hej guys,

I just came back from my first two games with the new book and it was a blast :D Finaly Ogors feel fun to play again. It were 2 games against OBR around 1k points. I´ve won the first game within minutes as I could freely charge and destroy his hammer in the first turn, followed by a doubleturn to swipe it up. The second game was harder, with my opponent using his motrek guard as screens as it shall be and I was really in a trouble to keep his stalkers at bay. Both very fun games I really enjoyed. Now it got me even more tinkering in how to proceed with my BCR. I love the monster-charge rule and would love some healing, so a Huskard on Thundertusk seems valid to me. But what then?

I am also looking at the battalions and honestly they confuse me a lot. There are two Battalions with the same requirements that benefit Stonehorns, and the one for Thundertusks requires 3 Thundertusk riders, which seems a lot.

Any recommendations?

4 hours ago, Skoll said:

I suppose you could use him to proxy an allied trogboss, has similar attack profile.

Doesnt have the whimsical command ability however 

Why not as a slaughtermaster? Handing out relics from his stash, same base, looks like a wizard king to me. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Charleston said:

Hej guys,

I just came back from my first two games with the new book and it was a blast :D Finaly Ogors feel fun to play again. It were 2 games against OBR around 1k points. I´ve won the first game within minutes as I could freely charge and destroy his hammer in the first turn, followed by a doubleturn to swipe it up. The second game was harder, with my opponent using his motrek guard as screens as it shall be and I was really in a trouble to keep his stalkers at bay. Both very fun games I really enjoyed. Now it got me even more tinkering in how to proceed with my BCR. I love the monster-charge rule and would love some healing, so a Huskard on Thundertusk seems valid to me. But what then?

I am also looking at the battalions and honestly they confuse me a lot. There are two Battalions with the same requirements that benefit Stonehorns, and the one for Thundertusks requires 3 Thundertusk riders, which seems a lot.

Any recommendations?

The Battalion requirements are the same as before. The Eurlbad and Jorlbad represent the two fists of the BCR (Eating and Fighting hands, respectively), and have always mirrored each other. The Torrbad is odd and useless. Do not use in anything 2k or below.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Sauriv said:

Eh? Why would he be available? Don't see mawtribes keyword or point cost from the book, what have been changed? 

As far as I can tell it's a mistake made with the Gutguard Battalion. You'll notice he only become available when you add a Gutguard to your list.

Battalions allow units brought in if their keyword is listed under the organization. The Overtyrant has the TYRANT keyword, but Gutguard lists Tyrant as a name, not keyword, in it's organization, so it doesn't work, unfortunately.

9 hours ago, Charleston said:

Hej guys,

Any recommendations?

Add butchers, they are amazing.
As for a batallion, i think it is key to making ogors very competitive. I'd recommend the Eurlbad for a Stonehorn heavy build

23 minutes ago, EMMachine said:

After the Errata/FAQ for Ogor Mawtribes came out two days ago (which doesn't have much content), I'm really wondering. Did nobody report that the Huskard on Thundertusk has the Priest Keyword but the Huskard on Stonehorn hasn't  (or does everyone only play Frostlords). 🤔

Read the Lore.

The Huskard Stonehorns are officials, meanwhile the others are shamans.