AoS 2 - Ogor Mawtribe Discussion

AthelLoren

Ogor Mawtribes Poll  

503 members have voted

1. 1. What tier do you feel Ogors are pre-battletome?

• High-tier
    • Mid-tier
    • Low-tier
  2. 2. What kind of army will you be running?

• Entirely Gutbusters
    • Mostly Gutbusters
    • Mixed forces
    • Mostly Beastclaw Raiders
    • Entirely Beastclaw Raiders

2 hours ago, Snakeb1te said:

Can the Blood Feast spell provide +1 attack to an entire unit of Mournfang, including their mounts?

And which configuration of the Beastclaw Raiders Start Collecting box would be best to accompany the battleforce with a couple of butchers in tow?

Gargant Hackers for a 4 man unit of Mournfang? No idea about the Lord unit though.

Since you like the gutbuster side. I’d build a frost lord on stonehorn and ignore the mournfang for now. 

magnetize it. But the Frostlord on stonehorn is the absolute best, most fun, and most useful in addition to gutbusters variation available. 

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Charleston said:

I can only second on what Kramer said! The Frostlord on SH doesn´t care much for synnergies with other BCR-Units and is ust the most aggressive brawler due to the frost spear. You can just add him up and have a fun time.

Yeah good point. he's a strong independent wom... Frostlord. ;) 
And due to not needing synergies, it's speed and being very survivable, it is a great threat to just throw into your opponent while the foot bois take the points. 

• Haha 1

Hey guys, new ogre here...... well I've played prop in rugby union for years so I've always been an ogre really

Finally decided to have a feed out of the great maw pot after years of starving myself playing skinny elves. Perfect timing I would say with the xmas army box out soon.

My favourite part of the hobby is getting out a knife and some green stuff to make models bend to my will (admittedly not very well but I'm getting better) to that end I've just finished a slaughter master and am about to start a butcher and a maw pot, and here lies  my question. I build my own models fun fun, not any table top advantage, what is an appropriate size base or rough footprint for my maw pot?

Also a what's people's thoughts on tropical ogres. I've got old lizard man models kicking around and have no interest in a totally broken army so I thought of getting the conversion hat on, skinks in place of/mixed with gnoblars kroxigors as yeeties, orgres on cold ones and maybe on stegadon even. Some samoan tattoos on the ogers and it could theme nicely 

Thanks for any replies to my long ramblings 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Blair said:

Hey guys, new ogre here...... well I've played prop in rugby union for years so I've always been an ogre really

Finally decided to have a feed out of the great maw pot after years of starving myself playing skinny elves. Perfect timing I would say with the xmas army box out soon.

My favourite part of the hobby is getting out a knife and some green stuff to make models bend to my will (admittedly not very well but I'm getting better) to that end I've just finished a slaughter master and am about to start a butcher and a maw pot, and here lies  my question. I build my own models fun fun, not any table top advantage, what is an appropriate size base or rough footprint for my maw pot?

Also a what's people's thoughts on tropical ogres. I've got old lizard man models kicking around and have no interest in a totally broken army so I thought of getting the conversion hat on, skinks in place of/mixed with gnoblars kroxigors as yeeties, orgres on cold ones and maybe on stegadon even. Some samoan tattoos on the ogers and it could theme nicely 

Thanks for any replies to my long ramblings 

Hi and welcome! 

The pot's footprint is like a rectangle 9-10 x 17cm (depending on where on the model you measure) 

Fun idea to make like Dino riders! I have a desert theme with some photos in a recent post if you are interested in some greenstuff inspiration. Because they are mostly bald it's easy to put hats on them. 

12 minutes ago, Sauriv said:

Hi and welcome! 

The pot's footprint is like a rectangle 9-10 x 17cm (depending on where on the model you measure) 

Fun idea to make like Dino riders! I have a desert theme with some photos in a recent post if you are interested in some greenstuff inspiration. Because they are mostly bald it's easy to put hats on them. 

Yeah I did see your desert ogers, nice going, get the big boys out of the cold

I'm thinking if I start with the simple stuff, a few weapon swaps and small amounts of the green goodness and build my way up to cold one riding ogers as they will be a challenge.... maybe a challenge to far 

Spent the last 2 days putting together this chonky boy. I love the stonehorn sculpt but think it looks wrong as a thunder tusk, I want the thunder tusk to be heavier set, less gorilla like. So I sawed the head of a wooly rhino toy and greenstuffed away to create my thunder tusk. Now I just need to paint him up. 

IMG_20201128_152604.jpg

IMG_20201128_152537.jpg

IMG_20201128_151321.jpg

images (7).jpeg

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

So I started building my tropical ogers, a few lizard man items, a banner, weapons on hunter some guy plates are lizard shields 

I also decided that in a world of equal opportunity our gnoblars should be able to serve in any branch of our military, to that end I made a couple of leadbelcher gnobies an iron fist gnobie and a ironguts gnobie on stilts 

Also scratch built/converted a butcher, hunter(with white lion sabrewargs), Slautermaster and mawpot. 

This is my start point, I have some 15 second hand ogers as well as the xmas battle force on the way, should be able to table 3000 points so have plenty of options for a 2000 point force while I work on some cav conversions 

IMG_0752.jpg

IMG_0750.jpg

IMG_0747.jpg

IMG_0749.jpg

1606549565143_IMG_0751.jpg

• Like 3

Got in a couple games vs various Chaos Beasts last week using the 5 Stonehorns/1 Thundertusk army. 

First was vs Tzeentch Beasts in Focal Points.  The 9 Bullgors w greataxes got a first turn charge on one of my Stonehorn Riders and killed it (that Fatemaster helped them reroll all their hits too) and captured the center objective early.  But my Frostlord general erased ALL OF THEM in his turn 1 without any help, it was fantastic.  There was a big scrum in the center and I ended losing all but the general and another Stonehorn rider, but BCR was so far ahead on points because of Might Makes Right that Tzeentch couldn't catch up and survive the two monsters coming back to the center to reclaim it.  Called it at the end of the top of turn 3 for BCR!

2nd game was vs Khorne Beasts.  That was Battle For the Pass.  This time the Beasts were smarter and used the feeble Gors to screen the Stonehorn charges.  Beasts had top of turn 1, moved up to capture the center objectives, getting themselves into position for a counterstrike.  After the Gors died, the Khorne Beasts got top of turn 2....had that gone the other way BCR would've had the game.  It was a brutal bloodbath but the Brass Despoilers unleashed everything (rerolling to wound rolls, rerolling 1s to hit as normal, and +1 to wound on the regular axes from the Doombull)   they had on the 2 Frostlords that top of turn 2 and killed both (having extra attack each from the Bloodsecrators, AND the one Frostlord was softened up by a Daemon Prince, AND there were 2 Mindstealer Sphiranxes who distracted the Frostlords with their feline ways and they had to strike last!).  The Stonehorn riders and Huskard on TT held in there for a while, but eventually got killed.    What really put the Khorne Beasts ahead was summoning 10 Bloodletters onto the Ogors backfield objective.  I think perhaps trading out the Huskard for a Hunter and some cats could have helped in this particular scenario.  But they're not always that effective.

It was a close game though.  The activation wars got the better of the BCR.  And Metalcruncher doesn't do diddly against loincloth armies :P

• Like 1

Awesome report!  Thanks for taking the time.  Guess the Mournfangs don't miss their banner or horn too much then?  Fitting 2 Frostlords in there with the Eurlbad is so good.  Gonna try that next time I play.  Unless I get my 2nd Slaughtermaster done by then.  Then it'll be BloodGullet Ironguts w 2 Slaughtermasters.

• Like 1

@Lord Krungharr thanks!  Yeah the banners aren't really a thing with small units, I don't think I've ever lost one to Battleshock.  They're bravery 8 in combat so they're fine. 

The Horn would definitely be nice to have, so I could see an argument for 4+2 instead of 2+2+2, but I generally like having a few disposable units more.  Could be worth a try though.

You got a Bloodgullet list ready to go?

Oh yeah, except for the unassembled 2nd Slaughtermaster.  I had good luck with Bloodgullet a few times, that had a Huskard on Stonehorn, more Gluttons, and I think a Hunter w 6 cats.  Now I aim to try:

Slaughtermaster/general/nice drop/bloodrock talisman (or shrunken priest head is better?)/greasy deluge/ribcracker

Slaughtermaster/bloodfeast/either another ribcracker or perhaps molten entrails, still on the fence

FLoSH/splatter cleaver/black clatterhorn

3 Gluttons

4 Leadbelchers

8 Ironguts

8 Ironguts

Goremand

Should prove pretty fun!

• Like 1

Cool list!  Yeah I'm thinking of running Bloodgullets too, I can't stop myself having a 12-block of Gluttons though (love those models, they still look amazing in a 12-block!).

I really want the Frostlord as my General so he's up front and centre, charging through screens then piling into the good stuff.  But then you obviously hit Battleline problems if you're running loads of Ironguts, which is kinda the point of what you're doing, so that's fair enough.

This is what I've ran in a couple of practice games, really enjoyed it so far.  Quite a different direction to where you're going, but I think both look like fun!

Spoiler

Allegiance: Ogor Mawtribes
- Mawtribe: Bloodgullet

Leaders
Frostlord on Stonehorn (400)
- General
- Command Trait: Nice Drop of the Red Stuff!
- Artefact: Splatter-cleaver
- Mount Trait: Black Clatterhorn
Huskard on Stonehorn (320)
- Blood Vulture
- Artefact: Skullshards of Dragaar
- Mount Trait: Metalcruncher
Butcher (140)
- Cleaver
- Lore of Gutmagic: Blood Feast
- Bloodgullet 2nd Spell: Ribcracker

Battleline
12 x Ogor Gluttons (400)
- Clubs or Blades with Iron Fists
2 x Mournfang Pack (140)
- Culling Clubs or Prey Hackers with Iron Fists
2 x Mournfang Pack (140)
Stonehorn Beastriders (300)

Battalions
Eurlbad (140)

Total: 1980 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 116

• Like 2

On 12/3/2020 at 10:19 PM, PlasticCraic said:

I ran Ogors at a 2-day event in Canberra last weekend, check it out if you're interested!

https://plasticcraic.blog/2020/12/03/everwinter-tournament-review/

Very nice report mate! 

I had a lot of fun with exactly the same list and it's nice to see how it's done in a tournament scene! 

Sexy dread maw riding ogor you got there! 

• Like 1

On 12/3/2020 at 10:19 PM, PlasticCraic said:

I ran Ogors at a 2-day event in Canberra last weekend, check it out if you're interested!

https://plasticcraic.blog/2020/12/03/everwinter-tournament-review/

Brilliant article, I've enjoyed it so much. Congratulations. 

Eurlbad is a very competitive list, I was wrong when the book came out to judge weak the Ogors Mawtribes. I'm having lots of glorious times with them even with Underguts and Torbad. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/3/2020 at 9:20 PM, PlasticCraic said:

Cool list!  Yeah I'm thinking of running Bloodgullets too, I can't stop myself having a 12-block of Gluttons though (love those models, they still look amazing in a 12-block!).

I really want the Frostlord as my General so he's up front and centre, charging through screens then piling into the good stuff.  But then you obviously hit Battleline problems if you're running loads of Ironguts, which is kinda the point of what you're doing, so that's fair enough.

This is what I've ran in a couple of practice games, really enjoyed it so far.  Quite a different direction to where you're going, but I think both look like fun!

Hide contents

- Mawtribe: Bloodgullet

Leaders
Frostlord on Stonehorn (400)
- General
- Command Trait: Nice Drop of the Red Stuff!
- Artefact: Splatter-cleaver
- Mount Trait: Black Clatterhorn
Huskard on Stonehorn (320)
- Blood Vulture
- Artefact: Skullshards of Dragaar
- Mount Trait: Metalcruncher
Butcher (140)
- Cleaver
- Lore of Gutmagic: Blood Feast
- Bloodgullet 2nd Spell: Ribcracker

Battleline
12 x Ogor Gluttons (400)
- Clubs or Blades with Iron Fists
2 x Mournfang Pack (140)
2 x Mournfang Pack (140)
Stonehorn Beastriders (300)

Battalions
Eurlbad (140)

Total: 1980 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 116

Ooh yeah, that's a great Bloodgullet option too.  I have 2x4 Mournfangs that I've still not finished painting.  Could swap out 9 Gluttons for the extra Mournfangs, and I'd probably go with a Slaughtermaster instead.  But that would be very similar and get all the BCR battlelines taken care of.

• Like 1

I'm trying to decide what more to add to ogre collection. I like to change lists up regularly but do want to stick mostly to infantry.

I currently have

2 tyrants, 1 butcher (converted), 1 slaughtermaster (converted)

18 gluttons (12ironfists, 6two hand weapon) ,16 ironguts, 8leadbelchers, 6 maneaters (converted, 3 of which would make good hunters)

2 gorgers, 6 frost sabers, 3 yhetees, 1 iron blaster, 1 scraplauncher, 40 gnoblars,  4 mournfang, 1 giant 

What should I get more of?

Should i double up on my wizards?, any point in more  leadbelchers?

Please give me your thoughts

Edited by Blair

Hello, New ogor here.

im looking for some ideas on what I should do with the models I own.

Leaders
Frostlord on Stonehorn (400)
Tyrant (160)

Battleline
6 x Ogor Gluttons (240)
- Clubs or Blades with Iron Fists

Units
6 x Leadbelchers (240)
4 x Mournfang Pack (280)
- Gargant Hackers

Artillery
Ironblaster (120)

Total: 1440 / 2000
Wounds: 102

I am making a pirate themed list so I hope I can make the leadbelchers usefull.

the stonehorn is magnetized so he can be either a frostlord or huskard.

any suggestions on what to add/change to this list?

also is the kraken eater gargant worth taking? He would fit in great with the theme.

thanks.

• Like 1