AoS 2 - Ogor Mawtribe Discussion

AthelLoren

Ogor Mawtribes Poll  

503 members have voted

1. 1. What tier do you feel Ogors are pre-battletome?

• High-tier
    • Mid-tier
    • Low-tier
  2. 2. What kind of army will you be running?

• Entirely Gutbusters
    • Mostly Gutbusters
    • Mixed forces
    • Mostly Beastclaw Raiders
    • Entirely Beastclaw Raiders

Just now, Lord Krungharr said:

Forgot about refilling the Pot, and you're right, that Cleaver is really deadly.

Yeah it keeps surprising my regular opponents for some reason. My main opponent has repeatedly charged his endrinriggers into my butcher for example thinking him a weak wizard to take out. I don't think he ever did and I usually kill one in return, heal the next hero phase and basically win that trade off hands down. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lord Krungharr said:

I must admit I was very very tempted to get into the Sons of Behemat; but after reading many people's thoughts and preliminary experiences with them, I think I'm just gonna stick with Mawtribes.  Defeating them will feed us for a week  :D

Picked up 10 more Leadbelchers and bashed together 8 more Ironguts with bits; wondering if I should use the remaining bodies and bits for some Maneaters to give the Gutbusters a speedy bumrush unit (as opposed to Mournfangs with my BCRs).

Regarding Butchers, is it ever worth taking one of them over another Slaughtermaster?  I do like their warscroll spell; but with a Bloodgullet army, seems like the Slaughtermaster is more useful overall.  Anybody have any specifically better uses for the Butcher besides babysitting the Mawpot and his really cool spell?

Butcher with balewind and Fleshcrave curse sitting on the pot can put out some serious damage, but I wouldn't take one unless I already had at least 1 slaughtermaster

1 hour ago, Lord Krungharr said:

I must admit I was very very tempted to get into the Sons of Behemat; but after reading many people's thoughts and preliminary experiences with them, I think I'm just gonna stick with Mawtribes.  Defeating them will feed us for a week  :D

Picked up 10 more Leadbelchers and bashed together 8 more Ironguts with bits; wondering if I should use the remaining bodies and bits for some Maneaters to give the Gutbusters a speedy bumrush unit (as opposed to Mournfangs with my BCRs).

Regarding Butchers, is it ever worth taking one of them over another Slaughtermaster?  I do like their warscroll spell; but with a Bloodgullet army, seems like the Slaughtermaster is more useful overall.  Anybody have any specifically better uses for the Butcher besides babysitting the Mawpot and his really cool spell?

Butcher with balewind and Fleshcrave curse sitting on the pot can put out some serious damage, but I wouldn't take one unless I already had at least 1 slaughtermaster

Got some days off next week so hopefully my buddies can get some games in.  I want to try out an all Gutbusters BloodGullet army; here's what I can have ready:

Tyrant (general, Nice Drop, Splatter Cleaver, Fateseeker for the Big Name)

Butcher (Ribcracker, Greasy Deluge)

SlaughterMaster (Shrunken Head for the 5++, Blood Feast, Greasy Deluge in case the Butcher dies or wants to cast the Voracious Maw spell)

Firebelly (Billowing Ash Cloud...though looking at Firey Whirlwind, that could be pretty strong if he can get close enough, and easier to cast)

6 Gluttons w Fists

8 IronGuts

4 Leadbelchers

4 more IronGuts.....or 6 more Leadbelchers?

Goremand

Balewind Vortex/ Emerald Lifeswarm/ Chronomantic Cogs/ Extra CP

1980 points

I could dump the Firebelly for more Gluttons, or even the Tyrant's Gutguard I guess, then I could get the Bloodrock Talisman on the Butcher too and dump the extra CP probably.  I think the Tyrant could get the Splatter Cleaver to work about as well as the FLoSH could if he gets into combat.   I've never used the Cogs but in this type of army I think they could be useful for the extra spell or the extra charge range if needed.

Should be good fun, as I want to try my 5 Stonehorn/1 Thundertusk army against the same enemy army and mission to compare performance.  Will magic and healing be as wonderful as the resilient brute monster force?  I'll make sure to find out!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lord Krungharr said:

Got some days off next week so hopefully my buddies can get some games in.  I want to try out an all Gutbusters BloodGullet army; here's what I can have ready:

SlaughterMaster (Shrunken Head for the 5++, Blood Feast, Greasy Deluge in case the Butcher dies or wants to cast the Voracious Maw spell)

Firebelly (Billowing Ash Cloud...though looking at Firey Whirlwind, that could be pretty strong if he can get close enough, and easier to cast)

6 Gluttons w Fists

8 IronGuts

4 Leadbelchers

Goremand

1980 points

I could dump the Firebelly for more Gluttons, or even the Tyrant's Gutguard I guess, then I could get the Bloodrock Talisman on the Butcher too and dump the extra CP probably.  I think the Tyrant could get the Splatter Cleaver to work about as well as the FLoSH could if he gets into combat.   I've never used the Cogs but in this type of army I think they could be useful for the extra spell or the extra charge range if needed.

Should be good fun, as I want to try my 5 Stonehorn/1 Thundertusk army against the same enemy army and mission to compare performance.  Will magic and healing be as wonderful as the resilient brute monster force?  I'll make sure to find out!

Firebelly in a Bloodgullet tribe?! How dare you?😂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lord Krungharr said:

6 Gluttons w Fists

8 IronGuts

4 Leadbelchers

Goremand

1980 points

Im personally the biggest fan of units of 10 leadbelchers do I would choose the 6 extra leadbelchers and make it a unit of 10. Lowers your drop a bit as well. Although even with 4 drops you won’t get to decide most of the time. 

im curious to see if you would get the tyrant to do work. I haven’t been able to. So I would drop him and up the gluttons. but again I would rather hear how you have made him work 😅

what mission and opponent will you be playing? It’s a nice experiment. Love that a year later players are still experimenting with this book. Such a good book 💪

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lord Krungharr said:

Please do a battle report on this! 

• Like 1

Hello 👋

@Lord Krungharr

I'm going for a Bloodgullet tribs too. I have considering a Ethereal amulet FloS before the patch. I have considering playing spamm gluttons pack. I was trying to take some right list. I think the hunter is a must have and have to be considering. Ironguts are too strong, but the gluttons pack have a fnp on shooting. Considering the meta ... (Magic + shoot). I prefer to don't go for a big pack of Ironguts (4 ironguts can deal really good).

My list was something like that

Édit : The extra artefact you have the choice (Fnp on Slaughtermaster/ Bloodrock talisman for butcher or Kattanak for hunter)

Screenshot_20201003-235711_WH AoS.jpg

Screenshot_20201003-235950_WH AoS.jpg

Screenshot_20201003-235957_WH AoS.jpg

Edited by Zorki
  • Like 2

On 10/16/2020 at 3:05 AM, Zorki said:

Hello 👋

@Lord Krungharr

I'm going for a Bloodgullet tribs too. I have considering a Ethereal amulet FloS before the patch. I have considering playing spamm gluttons pack. I was trying to take some right list. I think the hunter is a must have and have to be considering. Ironguts are too strong, but the gluttons pack have a fnp on shooting. Considering the meta ... (Magic + shoot). I prefer to don't go for a big pack of Ironguts (4 ironguts can deal really good).

My list was something like that

Édit : The extra artefact you have the choice (Fnp on Slaughtermaster/ Bloodrock talisman for butcher or Kattanak for hunter)

Screenshot_20201003-235711_WH AoS.jpg

Screenshot_20201003-235950_WH AoS.jpg

Screenshot_20201003-235957_WH AoS.jpg

That's a very meaty army!  The masses of IronFist retaliation could be excellent.  I tried the Hunter and 6 cats once so far, and it did net me some objective points.  So many units to paint now.   The Ogors are pretty fast, so I'm hoping they can plow through blockades; not sure if I'll get one but that Screaming Skull Bridge endless spell could be very good for massed Leadbelchers.

On 10/16/2020 at 2:07 AM, Kramer said:

Im personally the biggest fan of units of 10 leadbelchers do I would choose the 6 extra leadbelchers and make it a unit of 10. Lowers your drop a bit as well. Although even with 4 drops you won’t get to decide most of the time. 

im curious to see if you would get the tyrant to do work. I haven’t been able to. So I would drop him and up the gluttons. but again I would rather hear how you have made him work 😅

what mission and opponent will you be playing? It’s a nice experiment. Love that a year later players are still experimenting with this book. Such a good book 💪

Yeah I think i will do the extra Leadbelchers.  Got my 40mm bases yesterday so they're on deck.  I guess maybe the Tyrant needs extra speed to get into combat to use his Splatter Cleaver, perhaps Longstrider is better?  And keeping him close to a unit for Look Out Sir, running through cover.  Not sure about which mission, I also need to try out those new secondary missions.  It's pretty amazing how many units the Mawtribes have, never realized that til I got the book!

Battle report for sure, with pictures.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Lord Krungharr said:

eah I think i will do the extra Leadbelchers.  Got my 40mm bases yesterday so they're on deck.  I guess maybe the Tyrant needs extra speed to get into combat to use his Splatter Cleaver, perhaps Longstrider is better?  And keeping him close to a unit for Look Out Sir, running through cover.  Not sure about which mission, I also need to try out those new secondary missions.  It's pretty amazing how many units the Mawtribes have, never realized that til I got the book!

Battle report for sure, with pictures

Pictures or it didn’t happen of course. 

yeah the mawtribes book is 100% the best book GW did.  Of course very subjective. ;) 

hmm it’s a good question between speed or better save. 

Has anyone played with a Frostlord on Thundertusk since the point drop/artifact changes? He seems like he might actually be a powerful anvil with Rimefrost hide (reduce rend characteristic of attacks against him by 1) and Plate of Perfect Protection (Ignore rend -1) coupled with the natural -1 to be hit.

On 10/17/2020 at 3:06 PM, Kramer said:

Pictures or it didn’t happen of course. 

yeah the mawtribes book is 100% the best book GW did.  Of course very subjective. ;) 

hmm it’s a good question between speed or better save. 

Well it didn't happen because I forgot my blasted iphone at home, but the 5 Stonehorns/1HoTT came out on top of the Bloodgullet Goremand Gutbusters, but just barely!

Mission: Scorched Earth.  BCR auxiliaries were Invader/Headhunter.  Gutbusters' auxiliaries were Territorial/Prey on the Weak.  Gutbusters had only 4 drops so decided to go first.

-You know it's really hard to deploy Mawpots where we want to sometimes.  I ended having my Butcher on the right corner objective next to the Mawpot and he could barely reach anything to do his spells.  But turn 1 he buffed up the 8 Ironguts with Bloodfeast, Firebelly got his Billowing Ash going, and the Ironguts moved up and made a massive 11" charge into a SHBR....and so did the Firebelly!  Needless to say, that SHBR was lunch for the Ironguts.  So the Gutties got 5 points turn 1.  6 Gluttons on the far left, Slaughtermaster, and the Tyrant with 10 Leadbelchers just moved up far enough to score their objectives, but keep any intercepting enemies (theoretically) from reaching those objectives.

-Bottom of turn 1, 2 more SHBRs came to fight the Ironguts, with one charging into and then killing the Firebelly easily, BUT because the splitting of attacks happens simultaneously that SHBR didn't do much to hurt the Ironguts, whiffing mostly.  The two SHBRs then had 4 Ironguts splitting attacks between them, because 2" reach is really useful!  They ended up down to like 4 and 5 wounds or so.  Then 3 Ironguts got erased from that 2nd SHBR later on.  Meanwhile the Huskard was scoring a point and failing to do much with his prayers and frosty breath to the Leadbelchers.  All the vultures and harpoons got a few wounds off the Butcher and Slaughtermaster, as I figured with the Firebelly next to the Ironguts earlier he'd be too hard to hit (and he had a SHBR coming at him).  The 2 Frostlords had gone off to eat the Tyrant and Gluttons.  The Clatterhorn general (with Svard) just mulched the Gluttons after making a 9" charge, and with the pile-in had enough distance to capture and then raze that objective (in retrospect he probably should not have razed it); their ironfists did nothing in return.  The Metalcrucher FLoSH ate the Tyrant, easily, with the trample and metalcruncher.  No splatter cleaver action at all :(  Only 4 points though for BCR, just got 1 for the razing.  MEH

-Turn 2 Gutties got priority roll, and the Butcher moved up to go for the BCR back left objective Slaughtermaster moved up to be just behind the Ironguts but not too close to SHBRs.  They had whittled down the SHBRs in the hero phase a bit with Arcane Bolts and the Voracious Maw spell, which has trouble chewing stone skeletons.  Leadbelchers, stuck in with the Metal FLoSH, of course did not move and unloaded 36 shots in his face!  And it did I think 3 wounds.  Ironguts finished off the 2 SHBRs though, and Gutties got their Prey on the Weak auxiliary (kill all enemy battleliners)!  Then razed the objective for 2, giving them another 5 VPs (now 10-4).

-Bottom of 2 BCR needed to get those objectives on the enemy side for the extra points but also make sure the Ironguts wouldn't romp over the backfield.  Huskard got rid of an Irongut with the vulture and breath, actually healed the Metal FLoSH, and did get the hailstorm prayer off....but the hail missed.   He moved forward to charge the Leadbelchers, took out at least 1 with the trample, but then used the pile-in to score that back enemy objective (and then after failing to do any damage with tusks, cuz Thundertusks SUCK for some reason, FLoSH ate the Leadbelchers after they failed to do but a wound or two to him).  The Clatterhorn general meanwhile had run back over to his starting objective to score it, which he had chosen not to do turn 1.  Another 4 VPs for BCR.  10-8

-Turn 3 Gutties managed to get another priority roll, but had little to do.  Butcher ran up to nab another backfield objective and razed that but just for 1 point.  Ironguts and Slaughtermaster came over the Huskard's old objective and razed that for 2.  Another 5 VP for them.  But so low on models now not looking good!  15-10 VPs now

-Bottom of 3 BCR used a CP to get the Huskard over to the Gutties objective.  He did not raze it.  The Metalcruncher naturally ran over very fast to be near the Huskard for going after the Butcher's old one the next turn.  Clatty was coming around a big tower to intercept the remaining Ironguts/Slaughtermaster but failed the charge.  No biggie.   15-10 VPs

-Turn 4 BCR got priority.   They wanted to keep at least one model in Gutties zone for Invader, but also wanted to kill all the heroes for Headhunter.  Tough order as the Metalcruncher had to go over to score the far corner Gutties objective.  Huskard pretty much just had to stay over there, I think he got a vulture wound on the Slaughermaster but that's it.  Clatty FLoSH finished off the rest of the Ironguts and Slaughermaster.  Another 3 VPs for them.  15-13 VPs.

-Bottom of 4 Butcher just ran deep into enemy territory to deny the Headhunter.  No VPs scored though.  15-13.

-Turn 5 Metalcruncher couldn't hope to reach and eat the Butcher so he and the Huskard razed both objectives for a luck 5 points and clinched the Major Victory!

My brain hurt after this game as I had rolled all the random terrain stuff and did the auxiliary objectives.  Really trying to remember all the pertinent effects and stuff these days.  Gotta say I was again not super impressed with the HoTT.  He does a little but I'm doubtful that he's more worth the points than say 4 Mournfangs or 2 Slaughtermasters with the Stonehorns.  I like the 10 model-count for objectives, and the trample can come in handy, but his prayers just don't go off enough and really are they any better than a Slaughtermaster with a good spell?  The +1 to wound is super good but only on a 4+.  If his tusks did anything in combat worth noting then I'd be more of a fan but they just really fall flat.

Also not really liking the Leadbelchers.  I knew Gluttons wouldn't do much, really just use them to get a Goremand, but thought 10 Leadbelchers would do something, even to a FLoSH.  I've never been a super big fan of shooty armies but thought I'd give them a whirl.  Guess they really need the Tyrant with trophy rack, the extra to hits would've helped a bunch vs the hero/monster.  Perhaps they're more apt to be horde cleaners?  Still, I prefer Ironguts.  They clean anything.

Splattercleaver needs to be on a FLoSH probably, or a deliberately fast Tyrant, but then I don't think one can take it anyways (need that CT gutplate I think + Longstrider, then he could move like 12" to engage weak enemies).  But still, suboptimal probably.  

Firebelly was cool, but I think he might be better next to the Leadbelchers as they don't need to really run into melee.  They could slow march while blasting amidst the ash cloud enjoying the protection, perhaps through cover if available.  Really wish Firebelly had the Butcher keyword!  But Bloodgullet doesn't like to cook their food.

The Everwinter never did anything this game but that's usually just ICING on the cake  :D

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

I was able to get in a game against Skryre Skaven. 

My list: 

Winterbite, FL Stonehorne w/Frostfang, Huskard Thudertusk, Icebrow, Beast Riders on Stonehore, 2x 4 Mournfang, 6 yheti, 4 Sabres.

His list - all the Storm Fiends, Two Cannons, Warlord and Rocket Liutenant, Verminlord and the endless spells.

I believe he won off the deployment and my decision for unit placement. We played Knife to the Heart. He dropped gnawholes on each site of my objective and kept his verminlord in the tunnels. I left my Beastriders back on my objective. I won first and pushed everything forward. I missed one critical charge with the Huskard on his right flank which left my Yheti's to deal with 6 storm fiends alone. My lord made his charge but his Mournfang support did not. 

That choke point in the third photo ended up being critical for my opponent. I couldnt get through the terrain to bring my full charge, and his shooting was great. Then he dropped his endless spell (the tri lightning) over the choke point and my hammer melted away. Very bloody game, we called it on turn 4, he won on the minors. My Beastriders stayed on my objective the full game, which I think was my first mistake. I should have left the Icebrow and sabres back to guard my objective instead and brought the two stonehorns to collapse his left flank by turn two. 

I am loving the Winterbite. Doesn't feel crazy overpowered, fairly straight forward list with some flexibility, and my oppponents have all said it was a tough but fun game. The relic is a bit silly, usually doing nothing but i've had a couple of games where it was stupid. The Yheti's have been surprising every game, getting work done and being able to bring one back a turn always generates groans. Sabres and Icebrow underperform every game so have become my throwaway harassers. I am really enjoying this army!

IMG_1335.JPG

IMG_1325.JPG

IMG_1326.JPG

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

Cool!  I haven't fought the Skaven in a long time and never the Skryre (I made a full Clans Eshin army but really wish I had done Skryre or Pestilens instead).  

Those Yhetis seem like fun, I'll have to see what I can find to bash a few together.   I wonder how Winterbite would compare to Thunderbellies in terms of performance in this matchup?

Really nice paint jobs too!  I was gonna paint more Ironguts next but looking at these, time for the Mournfangs instead.

37 minutes ago, Lord Krungharr said:

(I made a full Clans Eshin army but really wish I had done Skryre or Pestilens instead).  

Your day will come, especially now that we are surely on the cusp of exploring Ulgu 😁

14 hours ago, Lord Krungharr said:

Well it didn't happen because I forgot my blasted iphone at home, but the 5 Stonehorns/1HoTT came out on top of the Bloodgullet Goremand Gutbusters, but just barely!

Well to reply to the not happening battle report 😂,

What happened to your Tyrant is what I find so hard with the model. I can build him to do decent damage. But I can't get him in reliably, and I always want to choose some other unit to go first. In smaller games, different story. Then giving him the Destructive bulk trait and an offensive artefact goes a long way comparatively. 

14 hours ago, Lord Krungharr said:

Also not really liking the Leadbelchers.

How many wounds did they do together with the combat? Because they always perform for me. Although I do try to get the Ironguts into the hard things. But you where facing 5 of those so that's close to impossible in a 5 turn game 😅
I use them a bit as a 'second wave' kind of thing. So the Gluttons and Ironguts preferably go into respectively hordes and elites. Big unit of Gluttons grabbing an objective.
They Leadbelchers then go in where I need them. Attacking or grabbing an objective. So there might be a bit of discrepancy in how I experience them because that means it's usually not target priority one they are attacking. But they do solid work or me. Shoot, charge damage, combat. Going by absolute averages that means: 3,5 mw +

1883078641_Screenshot2020-10-24at22_30_10.png.a380f402dda4712ecf945acc6e8fc20d.png

This is vs 5+ save with everybody in range.

Should be a bit less because usually I can't get everyone in . But occasionally a bit more shots because you don't need the move before the charge or are already in combat.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Kramer said:

Your day will come, especially now that we are surely on the cusp of exploring Ulgu 😁

Well to reply to the not happening battle report 😂,

What happened to your Tyrant is what I find so hard with the model. I can build him to do decent damage. But I can't get him in reliably, and I always want to choose some other unit to go first. In smaller games, different story. Then giving him the Destructive bulk trait and an offensive artefact goes a long way comparatively. 

How many wounds did they do together with the combat? Because they always perform for me. Although I do try to get the Ironguts into the hard things. But you where facing 5 of those so that's close to impossible in a 5 turn game 😅
I use them a bit as a 'second wave' kind of thing. So the Gluttons and Ironguts preferably go into respectively hordes and elites. Big unit of Gluttons grabbing an objective.
They Leadbelchers then go in where I need them. Attacking or grabbing an objective. So there might be a bit of discrepancy in how I experience them because that means it's usually not target priority one they are attacking. But they do solid work or me. Shoot, charge damage, combat. Going by absolute averages that means: 3,5 mw +

1883078641_Screenshot2020-10-24at22_30_10.png.a380f402dda4712ecf945acc6e8fc20d.png

This is vs 5+ save with everybody in range.

Should be a bit less because usually I can't get everyone in . But occasionally a bit more shots because you don't need the move before the charge or are already in combat.

Yeah I probably just didn't use the Leadbelchers right.   What is this fancy pants Mathhammer app I've been seeing?  Looks nice!

56 minutes ago, Lord Krungharr said:

Yeah I probably just didn't use the Leadbelchers right.   What is this fancy pants Mathhammer app I've been seeing?  Looks nice!

http://tools.druchii.net/AoS-Combat-Calculator.php

Yeah it’s super good. Only thing it doesn’t do is ‘x happens on sixes’.

Well my happiness with them might be match up related. I don’t know. I just always find myself going for the tricksy utility units in AoS. And leadbelchers and the hunter are about the most tricksy thing we get 😂

Wondering if a 3x8 ironguts army is worth doing with the Tyrants gutguard battalion?  Then just add a butcher and Slaughtermaster in bloodgullet and chronocogs and have 40 points under to net a triumph?  

Or is the lower drop count not worth the Tyrant and battalion tax?   That 280 could be a hunter and some cats I guess but do they really do anything like ever?  Maybe grab one objective or if lucky eat one unsuspecting weakling hero?

The cogs and triumph could be replaced with an iron blaster too.  

Sure do like their huge damage potential!  And less rules to remember with spam armies. 

Did anybody else watch this discussion between AOSCoach and @heywoah_twitch?

It's pretty in depth and discussed from a competitive standpoint I guess. Might the first list from the video a trap for a casual player? 

Allegiance: Ogor Mawtribes
- Mawtribe: Boulderhead
Mortal Realm: Chamon

Leaders
Huskard on Stonehorn (320)
- General
- Blood Vulture
- Command Trait: Lord of Beasts
- Artefact: Brand of the Svard
- Mount Trait: Metalcruncher
Huskard on Thundertusk (300)
- Blood Vulture
- Artefact: Plate of Perfect Protection
- Prayer: Pulverising Hailstorm
- Mount Trait: Rimefrost Hide

Battleline
2 x Mournfang Pack (140)
- Culling Clubs or Prey Hackers with Iron Fists
2 x Mournfang Pack (140)
- Culling Clubs or Prey Hackers with Iron Fists
Stonehorn Beastriders (300)

Battalions
Eurlbad (140)

Total: 1940 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 84

• Like 1

On 10/23/2020 at 9:53 AM, Ganigumo said:

Has anyone played with a Frostlord on Thundertusk since the point drop/artifact changes? He seems like he might actually be a powerful anvil with Rimefrost hide (reduce rend characteristic of attacks against him by 1) and Plate of Perfect Protection (Ignore rend -1) coupled with the natural -1 to be hit.

Yes, though his damage is underwhelming since thundertusks in melee are are super weak, finding some sort of anvil to camp an objective on the snowballing points battleplans is very important now that ethereal amulet is gone. It was a much bigger competitive hit than I thought it would be.

2 hours ago, Bayul said:

Did anybody else watch this discussion between AOSCoach and @heywoah_twitch?

It's pretty in depth and discussed from a competitive standpoint I guess. Might the first list from the video a trap for a casual player? 

Possibly - a casual player who often forgets to use Triumphs would be much better served by upgrading the huskard on TT to a frostlord version for the extra armor (and at least some melee damage). The 5-monster lists play very cagey and lean heavily on the capture-10 gameplay/objectives, often retreating, measuring defensively to not get charged early game, etc. I'd hoped to show that list in the video as a talking point about all the different options you could have gone with and how each might make sense with different ideas, rather than a 'This Is The List' kind of example. I think it depends on what the person likes, casual or otherwise.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, heywoah_twitch said:

Possibly - a casual player who often forgets to use Triumphs would be much better served by upgrading the huskard on TT to a frostlord version for the extra armor (and at least some melee damage). The 5-monster lists play very cagey and lean heavily on the capture-10 gameplay/objectives, often retreating, measuring defensively to not get charged early game, etc. I'd hoped to show that list in the video as a talking point about all the different options you could have gone with and how each might make sense with different ideas, rather than a 'This Is The List' kind of example. I think it depends on what the person likes, casual or otherwise.

I use Warcry tokens to remind me of these kinds of things. There sure was very impressive insight in the video. It might have convinced me to start a BCR army.

Thanks for the reply. I was under the impression that you weren't active in this forum anymore. Good to see.