AoS 2 - Ogor Mawtribe Discussion

AthelLoren

Ogor Mawtribes Poll  

503 members have voted

1. 1. What tier do you feel Ogors are pre-battletome?

• High-tier
    • Mid-tier
    • Low-tier
  2. 2. What kind of army will you be running?

• Entirely Gutbusters
    • Mostly Gutbusters
    • Mixed forces
    • Mostly Beastclaw Raiders
    • Entirely Beastclaw Raiders

10 minutes ago, Soolong said:

Q: Do I have to choose the targets for all of the attacks made by a unit before I roll (to hit, etc.) for any of them?

A: Yes

From an FAQ also I checked core rules. Page 6, picking targets says the same thing

Yeah thats rolling to hit. Gotta know how many attacks you have before you can split them either way. 

5 minutes ago, Arcce said:

Yeah thats rolling to hit. Gotta know how many attacks you have before you can split them either way. 

Oh I forgot they were d3 damage, teach me to read forums when I just woke up. 

Core rules says multiple attack weapons can be split between any eligible units. Page 6.

So I'm guessing you would need to say what units you are attacking then roll d3 per leadbelcher then say were the attacks  are going to do it right? 

Hallo you all, I am playing a campaign game against Nighthaunts tonight.

this is the List I came up with.

It is magic heavy, has a lot of characters, not so many troops .

may aim was to have a medium hard list, but maybe ist is too weak.

I only own  one stonehorn, this I can not change.

What do you think?

0FEEEF74-90E3-4C0A-8CED-168F1BA8E3A5.jpeg

New game to have more power in the forest.

This time I played with the battalion that every 6 to hit with weapons (not mounts) are additional mortal wounds.

I won the deployment and decided to go second, the friends of the woods advanced a little, enough to take their three objectives and sent two units to the front with DR to capture two objectives from my territory, in their firing phase only the arches did 3 damage to one of my mournfang pack.

On my turn everyone moved as far forward as possible to try to load, only three could load.

After the charge and the combat I was left alone.

In my first turn I won 5 objectives, luckily we rolled dice and it was my turn twice, all my miniatures moved and charged, in the charges I made many mortal wounds and later in the combat phase I managed to kill everything in front of me.

My opponent also gets a double turn and my beasts hold the attack, now I have to respond and they do so, leaving my opponent almost without miniatures and without the possibility of getting objective points.

The game ends on turn 4 and the beastclaws go home with a belly full of food

IMG_20200819_223959.jpg

IMG_20200819_234109.jpg

IMG_20200819_234145 (2).jpg

IMG_20200819_234445.jpg

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Lord Krungharr said:

Nice game setup!  It's good for Ogors to get some fiber now and then :)

I thought Eurlbad made all attacks by the models do a MW on an unmodified 6.  Does that not include mounts?

It does include Mounts.

The only things that don't include Mounts by default are Command Traits and Artefacts.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hello friends, first of all, thank you for the help and guidance of the group with my ogors gunline, because of the covid I have not yet been able to play here in Chile, meanwhile already arming the entire army and painting what I can do the most, I wanted to consult you with magic, I don't know what will be better if butcher or slaughtermaster this goes with gnoblar blast which one will be better for a guts line? (gunline)

underguts mawtribe
tyrant guard battalion

tyrant:
mass of scars
 trophy rack
fateseeker

slaughtermaster or butcher 

8 x irongut
4 x ironblast
8 x leadbelchers
8x leadbelchers

1980pts

Edited by Nicorko

On 8/16/2020 at 10:33 AM, SerialMoM said:

What do you think?

Do you have any feedback on this list ?

4 hours ago, Nicorko said:

Hello friends, first of all, thank you for the help and guidance of the group with my ogors gunline, because of the covid I have not yet been able to play here in Chile, meanwhile already arming the entire army and painting what I can do the most, I wanted to consult you with magic, I don't know what will be better if butcher or slaughtermaster this goes with gnoblar blast which one will be better for a guts line? (gunline)

underguts mawtribe
tyrant guard battalion

tyrant:
mass of scars
 trophy rack
fateseeker

Slaugtgermaster or Butcher

8 x irongut
4 x ironblast
8 x leadbelchers
8x leadbelchers

1980pts

It seems to me a very hard list, in your case I would use the butcher.

Mucho ánimo y fuerza para Chile desde España

11 hours ago, SerialMoM said:

Do you have any feedback on this list ?

I like that army list.  You have many tools at your disposal.

I would probably go with the Billowing Ash Cloud spell on the Firebelly and keep him running up close to the iron guts or stonehorn.  

Take the vulture on the Huskard    Good for sniping little heroes and it avoids the to hit roll altogether    Also he’s only 300 points now per the FAQ/Errata    

I would also probably change the Metalcruncher to Black Clatterhorn; if the Stonehorn runs into a tar pit horde of low save guys metalcruncher wont do much.  The rend-2 Frosthoof Mount trait can be pretty good too actually.  

Do you have a few bits you from which can make a cauldron?  Then one of your butchers could become a Slaughtermaster.   Same points but extra utility away from the mawpot.  

Hi guys,
Played with my 2k bloodgullet lists that I posted a few days ago.

Opponent had Arkhan the black but I was able to still cast some spells.

slaughtermaster was MVP - managed to survive a charge from a vampire Lord on zombie dragon, heal himself up with the pot next turn and allow a FL on Stonehorn and some iron guts to counter charge and eat the VL.

Giant was as expected: fun but ineffective. Had to make a 3 inch charge, rolled double 2 and fell. Then next turn got charged by a unit of 40 buffed skeletons and turned into red paste. Overall 4 mortal wounds for 160 odd points, but did distract from the rest of my army.

On 8/16/2020 at 9:33 AM, SerialMoM said:

What do you think?

Just noticed you have 2 artifacts: the mandatory splatter-cleaver on the FL but also have another on the first butcher.

Unless I'm mistaken, you have no battalion so you need to drop the wizardflesh apron.

I'm (hopefully) going to be playing vs my friend's Gloomspite Gobbo packed horde this coming Friday.  Here's what I'm bringing:

Hunter (general, Winter Ranger for CP generation)

6 Frost Sabres

Eurlbad w

HoSH (vulture, Black Clatterhorn)

2x4 Mournfang Cavalry (clubs/fists/banner/horn)

SHBR (vulture)

Slaughtermaster (Bloodrock Talisman for anti-spell help, Greasy Deluge to give the Gobbos some -1 to hit payback)

Tyrant (Sky-Titan Pistols, Fateseeker or whichever that +1 to saves is)

4 Leadbelchers

I think I should have some good hero sniping ability, and with luck, be able to do enough damage to whittle his gobbos down and take objectives.  Gonna be a rough one but a fun one, big guys vs many many many little ones.  I really hope he has movement trays 😵

I've got a local tournament coming up, taking BCR as usual. My normal list has two FLoSHs, a HoSH, SH Riders, 4x Mournfangs, 2x Mournfangs and a Eurlbad. However, with the GHB points changes I've realised I can now go ALL MONSTERS ALL THE TIME:

Frostlord on Stonehorn (General, Lord of Beasts, Brand of the Svard, Metalcruncher)
Frostlord on Stonehorn (Black Clatterhorn)
Huskard on Thundertusk (Alvagr Ancient)
Stonehorn Beastriders x3

There's some interesting trade-offs, I think.

The monster list has fewer wounds overall. In not taking the Eurlbad, I give up the additional mortal wounds, an artefact, and a command point, and the army is six drops instead of three so I'll have less control over who gets first turn.

However, the list is arguably more resilient, given a greater proportion has 5+ shrugs and the HoTT can heal. The monsters hit harder, and the HoTT can give out +1 to wound. I won't miss the artefact much, since I can't use the Malign Portents ones any more. It's pretty efficient on command point usage anyway with Bellowing Voice. Plus, I can soften up my opponents a bit (or clear out some screens) with Frost-Wreathed Ice and Pulverising Hailstorm, as well as sniping out heroes with four Blood Vultures. And the monsters are actually significantly better at holding objectives.

Anyway, really looking forward to playing this list. The previous version was already a joy to take to tournaments - easy to transport, super quick to play, hits like a brick to the face - and this new version seems like that, only more so. Thoughts?

Edited by Kadeton
  • Like 3

This was was my precise overarching goal with Ogors.....of course I have 18 Gluttons, 8 Ironguts, 4 Leadbelchers, 2 Tyrants, a Butcher, Slaughtermaster, Firebelly, 8 Mournfangs, a Hunter and 6 Frost Sabres now too.  But only 1 SHBR away from the big 6!  I agree with all your points.  Not sure the first turn is super great for them either, as we want the enemy closer to get those trampling charges off.

I'll do a battle report when I get to try it out.  I'll do one after this Friday's game too.

• Like 1

Yeah, I almost always force my opponent to take first turn if I can. Either they step up into easy range for a massive Stonehorn charge, or they waste a turn (20% of their entire game!) cowering in their deployment zone. Plus, if you're lucky enough to get the 1-2 double turn as BCR that will often be game over on the spot. It's only really against armies that can do a reliable Turn 1 alpha strike (e.g. Kharadrons) that I prefer to try to rush them first. Either way I'd rather be in control of that choice if possible!

Six drops is still more or less middle-of-the-pack - I should still get to choose the initial turn order in plenty of matchups. And there are a few one- and two-drop armies around these days, against whom it wouldn't matter either way. The tournament I'll be playing is also a team tournament, so there's the opportunity to tweak the matchups somewhat and hopefully avoid lists that the monsters will struggle against.

It looks like the group I normally play against has added two new opponents that I have yet to face. One is fyreslayers and the other is slaanesh (never versed either before)......does anyone have any advice as what I may be up against and what I should be taking.

Usually I play either meatfist or bloodgullet, always take a frostlord but the rest is all gutbuster units. Sometimes I'll bring hrothgorn for the deep strike.

Cheers guys

30 minutes ago, Gutlord said:

It looks like the group I normally play against has added two new opponents that I have yet to face. One is fyreslayers and the other is slaanesh (never versed either before)......does anyone have any advice as what I may be up against and what I should be taking.

Usually I play either meatfist or bloodgullet, always take a frostlord but the rest is all gutbuster units. Sometimes I'll bring hrothgorn for the deep strike.

Cheers guys

Fyreslayers is...tough. Their Hearthguard berserkers do a lot of damage. A lot. With mortal wounds. Attacking twice. Additionally, they're difficult to kill. Targeting their heroes will weaken them, but it'll still be dificult. Fyreslayers is probably the best melee army in the game.

Slaanesh has big nasty things called Keeper(s) of Secrets. They move fast and hit hard. Slaanesh also has good magic and some mean tricks, such as making you fight last. If you survive all this, they're relatively easy to kill. Be warned though: for every 2 Keepers you kill, he'll someone another one. Slaanesh has a lot of summoning, and it will be all KoS's.

Bloodgullet will give you the tools you need to buff your units. I have found no reason to use Meatfist - bad ability, bad artefact, mediocre CA, and mediocre CT.

Use FLoSH's - they're fast, powerful, and hard to kill. Ironguts are also solid, doing lots of damage. I would not take Leadbelchers against Fyreslayers, their shots won't be enough to be effective. They wouldn't be bad against Slaanesh, though. Gluttons will at the very least provide a great screen, they should be able to do damage. Fyreslayers are very strong in general, Slaanesh is pretty good but punishes the high wound count of Mawtribes.

Edited by MKsmash
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1