AoS 2 - Ogor Mawtribe Discussion

AthelLoren

Ogor Mawtribes Poll  

503 members have voted

1. 1. What tier do you feel Ogors are pre-battletome?

• High-tier
    • Mid-tier
    • Low-tier
  2. 2. What kind of army will you be running?

• Entirely Gutbusters
    • Mostly Gutbusters
    • Mixed forces
    • Mostly Beastclaw Raiders
    • Entirely Beastclaw Raiders

nah you dont get the realm spell, it only gets to use when you play a game on that realm

1 hour ago, Lord Krungharr said:

Did Mawtribes come out after Cities?  I can't remember.  If anything, Ironguts should get cheaper.  And them and Leadbelchers should get max unit size discounts.  Because I want more of them.

yes it did come after cities, so our points are unchanged on the book but will get updated on the pdf, so when i said our points get unchanged it was false.

4 hours ago, Bululu said:

nah you dont get the realm spell, it only gets to use when you play a game on that realm

yes it did come after cities, so our points are unchanged on the book but will get updated on the pdf, so when i said our points get unchanged it was false.

Any changes to general matched play?

8 hours ago, DestructionFranz said:

To lose Ethereal Amulet is hard to digest

I think it’s fine. We still keep the 5+ ward save. There are some characters that will get proper squishy comparatively. 
and everyone except gluttons brings rend to the party for us. 
but that’s of course influenced by local enviroments. 

6 hours ago, Kramer said:

I think it’s fine. We still keep the 5+ ward save. There are some characters that will get proper squishy comparatively. 
and everyone except gluttons brings rend to the party for us. 
but that’s of course influenced by local enviroments. 

No, games workshop change the salvation roll. Now we must select one salvation like 40k. For example, is you receive mortal wounds we have the +5 salvation, but if you receive normal damage you must choose between special (+5) or normal (+3+rend).

1 minute ago, Sartxac said:

No, games workshop change the salvation roll. Now we must select one salvation like 40k. For example, is you receive mortal wounds we have the +5 salvation, but if you receive normal damage you must choose between special (+5) or normal (+3+rend).

Is that a fact or speculation? Because that would be a major change and in no way is shown in the leaked point changes. 

Also source? 😅

Hey guys,

Is there any information how often you can use the mawpots healing ability in one hero phase?

Since the healing is not at the start of the hero phase and only one slain model within 6" is needed to fill it up again, you could use the healing, try to kill a model within range of the mawpot with an ability in the hero phase (e.g. Arcane bolt, prayer, BCR trait,...) and use the heal again afterwards. You could repeat this as long there is a unit with enough models or you go out of damaging hero phase abilities. 

Am I missing anything or is that legit? 

Edited by Charly2912
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Charly2912 said:

Hey guys,

Is there any information how often you can use the mawpots healing ability in one hero phase?

Since the healing is not at the start of the hero phase and only one slain model within 6" is needed to fill it up again, you could use the healing, try to kill a model within range of the mawpot with an ability in the hero phase (e.g. Arcane bolt, prayer, BCR trait,...) and use the heal again afterwards. You could repeat this as long there is a unit with enough models or you go out of damaging hero phase abilities. 

Am I missing anything or is that legit? 

I think that's legitimate.  Probably doesn't come up often though

I saw on 1d4chan Ogor tactics that if a unit of Frost Sabres is within range of multiple Icebrow Hunters that the abilities stack. Is that true?  Seems a little dubious but perhaps useful.  They also said somehow the cats can get 8 attacks each but I’m not seeing how that’s possible.   

Im thinking a Skal battalion might be good to have some backfield presence and distraction as another gameplay option for Ogors     

I've definitely used stacking mawpots. Sometimes 2d3 heal off a cheaky arcane bolt is better than a better spell.

Also, you can definitely stack the ice row hunter ability. I've used it 3 or 4 times on occasion with good effect. The sabres are still not amazing killers though and remain fragile so it's not that useful most of the time.

9 hours ago, Lord Krungharr said:

I saw on 1d4chan Ogor tactics that if a unit of Frost Sabres is within range of multiple Icebrow Hunters that the abilities stack. Is that true?  Seems a little dubious but perhaps useful.  They also said somehow the cats can get 8 attacks each but I’m not seeing how that’s possible.   

Im thinking a Skal battalion might be good to have some backfield presence and distraction as another gameplay option for Ogors     

You can use the Hunters command „Lead the Skal“ for +1 attack per command point invested. So for 5 command points you can get to 8 attacks per saber.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Valentine009 said:

You cant because the mawpot only refills when an enemy model is slain, not any model.

Its nice to know at least the Ogors have the decency and respect to not eat themselves (not counting Gnoblars).

Also, here's what I've gathered for my starter army.  The winds of the Everwinter blew my alarm clock away this morning so I missed the bid on a cheap lot of 12 more Gluttons, so I snatched up some cheap Stonehorns instead.  And my Bloodthirster army has been meh, so here's my new big monster army for now:

3x Frostlord on Stonehorns

2 Slaughtermasters

1 Butcher

2x6 Gluttons w Fists

1 Stonehorn Beastrider

They have some terrific spells, I'm thinking of trying BloodGullet to start and try to get the Stonehorns revved up for the stampede to start.  Being 10 models each they can actually storm objectives and take control (theoretically).  Nice thing is even when they take wounds they'll still count as 10 models, whereas my usual 10 little models would lose the objective.  When I get more regular dudes to make Leadbelchers and Ironguts I can make the battalions.  Guess I should get a few Mournfangs too.  Maybe do one Huskard hero as a Priest?  Prayers are good these days.

Edited by Lord Krungharr

26 minutes ago, Lord Krungharr said:

Its nice to know at least the Ogors have the decency and respect to not eat themselves (not counting Gnoblars).

Well they eat them and eahcother. But it hardly makes an unique offering. If there was a lumineth force in the area I wouldn’t be satisfied with a gnoblar. Give me a elf ear salade as a bare minimum. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Kramer said:

Well they eat them and eahcother. But it hardly makes an unique offering. If there was a lumineth force in the area I wouldn’t be satisfied with a gnoblar. Give me a elf ear salade as a bare minimum. 

Yeah. They are magically cursed to always be starving though. They eat dirt and rocks when there is nothing else. Butchers will chop off their own arms and eat them.

• Haha 1

Hi guys.

I have a little local tournament next week (the last one using GHB 2019), and I want to know your opinion of this list. I'm pretty new with Ogors so all help is welcome:

Allegiance: Ogor Mawtribes
- Mortal Realm: Shyish
- Mawtribe: Boulderhead
LEADERS
Frostlord on Stonehorn (400)
- Artefact : Ethereal Amulet
- Mount Trait : Metalcruncher
Frostlord on Stonehorn (400)
- Artefact : Brand of the Svard
- Mount Trait : Black Clatterhorn
Icebrow Hunter (120)
- General
- Command Trait : Lord of Beasts
Slaughtermaster / Butcher (140)
- Lore of Gutmagic : Ribcracker
UNITS
6 x Frost Sabres (120)
4 x Frost Sabres (80)
12 x Ogor Gluttons (400)
- Clubs or Blades with Iron Fists
4 x Ironguts (220)
BATTALIONS
Skal (100)
TOTAL: 1980/2000 EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 1 WOUNDS: 124
LEADERS: 4/6 BATTLELINES: 3 (3+) BEHEMOTHS: 2/4 ARTILLERY: 0/4
ARTEFACTS: 2/2 ALLIES: 0/400

My main concerns are if a Slaughtermaster/Butcher is any useful in this list, or it would be better to use a Tyrant to give BS immunity to the big gluttons unit, and if it will be better to distribute the Frost Sabers 8/2, 8 in ambush with the hunter and 2 for a little screen or objective holder, instead of 6/4.

Thank you in advance!

Edited by Seihoff
  • Like 1