AoS 2 - Ogor Mawtribe Discussion

AthelLoren

Ogor Mawtribes Poll  

503 members have voted

1. 1. What tier do you feel Ogors are pre-battletome?

• High-tier
    • Mid-tier
    • Low-tier
  2. 2. What kind of army will you be running?

• Entirely Gutbusters
    • Mostly Gutbusters
    • Mixed forces
    • Mostly Beastclaw Raiders
    • Entirely Beastclaw Raiders

"Hello tyrants" 🙂

I'm building a list for a local 2k points match. I will face Tzeentch / Stormcast / Ogor (Boulderhead 1 FoS / 1 HoS + mournfang & co) / Idoneth.

**This is not the top tier Mawtribes list**

I just want to know your feeling about the strengh/weak point :

Bloodgullet 

Leader

- Tyrant : (General)

Trait Nice drop on the red stuff

Artefact : Splatter-cleaver

Big-name : Fateseeker

- Slaughtermaster 

Spell(s) : Blood feast / Greasy Deluge

Artefact : Shrunken Priest head

- Butcher 

Spell(s) : Ribcracker / Fleshcrave curse

Cleaver

- Hrothgorn + Hrothgorn's mantrappers (2 drops including the trap + the free frost sabre)

Battleline

- 8 Ironguts (full option)

- 12 gluttons (Beast skull bearer + tribal banner bearer/lock-out gnoblar) Paired blades.

- 6 gluttons (Beast skull bearer) Blades + iron fist.

Other

- 2 Leadbelchers (Thunderfist)

- 20 gnoblars (Groinbiter)

Warscroll batalion :

- Goremand 

6 drop

2000/2000 pts.

Edited by Zorki

On 5/1/2020 at 1:47 AM, Kramer said:

I very much disagree with this. So take and test both arguments and see what works for you. 
leadbelchers arent good shooters for their points. That’s true. But with their rend they are better than gluttons in many situations. (Remember re-roll fails happens before applying the rend). 
So far for me 10 leadbelchers has been very good in combination with 12 gluttons. It gives you options. Something that can reach of screens and if need be can reach out from an objective. 
so don’t play them as shooters but the same as your gluttons except get them after re-rolling save/high save enemies .

so for me a second big unit of gluttons has never felt like a good choice while 10 leadbelchers always paid for their points. 

and yes for footsloggin  combat punch nothing beats ironguts. But those 10 leadbelchers will do around 20 wounds without shooting against those clanrats as well ;) 

For me list 2 gives you the most options and would have my vote. Although personally I wouldn’t go for a skal but a Goremand. Makes the slaughtermaster a  more reliable buff piece. Does mean dropping 2 sabres. So 6 and 4 division? 
That’s pretty much my list which has been great fun and pretty successful so far. 

I agree with you that belchers are Good! Nice utility unit. 

Thanks for the input! But...

Correct me if i'm wrong, but does'nt your recommended change come out at 2020p? Please share the list you mean! 😄

if so, maybe just go for one unit of 8 cats with the hunter? 

I know that FoS are amazing! Just want to try out things that looks fun and still maintaine some "teeth" atleast! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kimbo said:

I agree with you that belchers are Good! Nice utility unit. 

Thanks for the input! But...

Correct me if i'm wrong, but does'nt your recommended change come out at 2020p? Please share the list you mean! 😄

if so, maybe just go for one unit of 8 cats with the hunter? 

I know that FoS are amazing! Just want to try out things that looks fun and still maintaine some "teeth" atleast! 

Ehm if so your list might be 2020pts already 😅

I’ll check the points later. 

Yeah dropping cats is the easiest way to free those points up. 

Edited by Kramer

On 5/17/2020 at 6:37 AM, Drazhoath said:

Yesterday I played against a Horror-Flamers List of Tzeentch. Boy, what a slaughterhouse.

These shooting lists are total insane. So everyone knows what a Mawtribe can do against those massive shooting?

Wait until you see what Salamanders can do.

Fun Fact

Lord Kroak: 320 points

Huskard on Thundertusk: 340 points

Good luck !

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, PlasticCraic said:

Wait until you see what Salamanders can do.

Fun Fact

Lord Kroak: 320 points

Huskard on Thundertusk: 340 points

Good luck !

I actually play Seraphon as my other army and this is a bit misleading.

Salamanders are definitely super good, short range not withstanding. They are in the same ballpark as stationary Leadbelchers though.

Kroak honestly is very good at hero sniping due to his ability to aim mortal wounds around, but he wouldnt have the best matchup vs. Ogres. His abilities spread out mortal wounds at a high efficiently against multiple units (which is why he is good at sniping characters), but would seriously struggle vs. big Ogre blobs where you have 3-5 huge wound soaking units. To optimize Kroak, you also need to also spend another 300pts+ on support, like a banner and Guard.

Seraphon are a super weird rock paper scissors match-up for Mawtribes bc the Coalesced 'take 1 less damage per attack'  probably hurts us more than any other faction due to our prolific 2d attacks, but I think we have a great matchup vs. starborne, and leadbelcher / frost sabre lists dont really care.

Edited by Valentine009

18 minutes ago, PlasticCraic said:

I would confidently take a bet on which book racks up more 5-0s.  As long as I don't have to bet on Mawtribes.

Yeah, bc we have no ways of dealing with top tier meta like OBR and Tzeentch when we have almost no AP, weak spell casting, and limited mortal wound generation.

In a tournament I'd rather have my Seraphon, but in a random pick up game I think I'd rather have Ogres bc their raw brute force is strong unless you are playing against some sort of tournament skew.

4 hours ago, PlasticCraic said:

I think that's where we have a fundamental disagreement, I don't see tournament lists as "some sort of skew". 

It's what I play against all the time, so for me it's the relevant frame of reference.

Well then you are going to have a bad time unless you pick a top tier meta army... most factions in the game cant deal with army wide 2 or 3+ rerolling saves for instance. It's skew bc you either have the AP or you dont deal with it.

Hi guys,

Im doing the classic eurlbad :

2 x FLSH

1 x HKSH

1 x BRSH

1 x  2  Mourffang

1 x  4  Mourfang

Eurlbad

The thing is, for the 2 mourfang unit will have ironfist to return mortal dmg, but what about the 4 mourfang unit ? should i go ironfist too? or should i go gargant hackers?

Thanks!

47 minutes ago, Rakkzul said:

@Kramer I think that's supposed to be a lower part of skin, between the tense muscles that are opening the mouth. There's a similar spot on the left side too

I started working on my own Thundertusk/stonehorn, with magnetized heads and all that 

slm3nBd.jpg

He just saw that one on Facebook! Great scheme! 
yeah the dent on the other side seems more natural. Maybe it’s just looks weird to me.