AoS 2 - Ogor Mawtribe Discussion

AthelLoren

Ogor Mawtribes Poll  

503 members have voted

1. 1. What tier do you feel Ogors are pre-battletome?

• High-tier
    • Mid-tier
    • Low-tier
  2. 2. What kind of army will you be running?

• Entirely Gutbusters
    • Mostly Gutbusters
    • Mixed forces
    • Mostly Beastclaw Raiders
    • Entirely Beastclaw Raiders

31 minutes ago, Zorki said:

Hello,

Cool 1000 points list, the great mawpot is a most have on Boulderhead army. Specially when you have some Stonehorns.

Have fun 👍🙂

He has zero hero’s to baby sit so he can get away with not having it if he wants to save cash. Obviously if cash is no question then he should have it due to it being zero points but in his list it’s not a huge loss as often he may struggle to activate it. 

On 4/9/2020 at 4:56 PM, Kramer said:

Oh missed that! True that indeed. Point hungry army indeed. I’ll have a think. But @Kadeton might be right. You might need to start from scratch. 
check the rol of every unit. 12 Ogors are great and the offer board control and staying power. Ironguts less so but more punch. Same goes for the non eatheral stone horn. So do you drop something there? Or just duck out of  magic all together? Because as a buff piece the slaughtermaster is quite expensive and as a wizard the classic combo butcher on balewind is better. 

My best smashlist so far is: 

Butcher, ethereal stonehorn, 10 leadbelchers, 8 ironguts, 12 ogors, in butcher band and a balewind. 
two drops, 140 wounds, 1960 points. Still undecided on spending the remaining 40 on 2 sabre tusks for screening and objective grabbing, extra endless spell or just fish for the triumph. 

but honestly if we play a ‘competitive’ game I always start my list building with a hunter and 4 cats and go from there. Most fun thing from a gameplay perspective and arguably the most worthwhile as well. 

I also have love for the cats! I'm trying to make  a eurlbad list + hunter/Sabers. 

What do you think about this?

(Or anyone else on the forum aswell, of course!)

Leaders: 

FloSH 

Huskard

Hunter 

Battleline: 

4x Mournfang 

4x Mournfang 

1x SH Beastriders 

Other: 

8x Sabers 

Battalion:

Eurlbad 

2k on the nose! 

Hello,

For competitive list i think i will go for 1 pack of 2 mournfang pack to include skal batalion + more cats (screen or taking objectif) + 1 more cp + 1 more artefact.

Personnaly, if i go for Boulderhead tribs i don't like eurlbad.

2 FoS (1 etheral + metalcruncher and 1 brand of the Svard + black Catterhorns)

1 hunter (general with lords of beast trait)

1 butcher with ribcracker + balewind vortex

8 ironguts 

6 cats + 2x4 cats + 2x2 cats (screen /objectif)

Skal batalion 

3 hours ago, Zorki said:

Hello,

For competitive list i think i will go for 1 pack of 2 mournfang pack to include skal batalion + more cats (screen or taking objectif) + 1 more cp + 1 more artefact.

Personnaly, if i go for Boulderhead tribs i don't like eurlbad.

2 FoS (1 etheral + metalcruncher and 1 brand of the Svard + black Catterhorns)

1 hunter (general with lords of beast trait)

1 butcher with ribcracker + balewind vortex

8 ironguts 

6 cats + 2x4 cats + 2x2 cats (screen /objectif)

Skal batalion 

Looks cool. Have you tried it?

When I asked my pot it said: ‘ask again later’.

767D49C0-F2E5-4E35-A35B-75892744366D.jpeg.8d0734cdefbe35817f39a128fc2871f1.jpeg

what does yours say. Double magnet or is the one enough? 
their quite small and it seems to hold. 
only downside to a second magnet is I’m getting low on them  and don’t know when I will be able to order more. 😂

D87CAB62-F1DB-40E8-8682-69B6BC550AC0.jpeg.906ea8f238b7fba0c0d842004ff5d258.jpeg

49 minutes ago, Kramer said:

what does yours say. Double magnet or is the one enough? 
their quite small and it seems to hold. 
only downside to a second magnet is I’m getting low on them  and don’t know when I will be able to order more. 😂

I vote for a second Magnet, just for the feeling of Safety :)

Kimbo, go on YouTube and watch Doom & Darkness. He actually play this team comp (competitive tournament + training)

Personnaly i have make just 2 amateur games, it's strong and can make something agains OSB. Pray to don't face Fyreslayer it's our mega counter / Tzeentch too, mortal wounds can kill our FoS ... Sad.

Allegiance: Ogor Mawtribes
- Mawtribe: Boulderhead
Mortal Realm: Aqshy

Leaders
Frostlord on Stonehorn (400)
- General
- Command Trait: Lord of Beasts
- Artefact: Thermalrider Cloak
- Mount Trait: Metalcruncher
Frostlord on Stonehorn (400)
- Command Trait: Lord of Beasts
- Artefact: Brand of the Svard
- Mount Trait: Black Clatterhorn
Huskard on Stonehorn (320)
- Blood Vulture
- Mount Trait: Old Granitetooth

Battleline
4 x Mournfang Pack (280)
- Gargant Hackers
2 x Mournfang Pack (140)
- Culling Clubs or Prey Hackers with Iron Fists
Stonehorn Beastriders (300)

Battalions
Eurlbad (140)

Total: 1980 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 86

Anything I could do to make this list more competitive? I'm aiming tournament-level hardcore here. 

Thanks for all help

Edited by MKsmash

Hello MKsmash,

With your actual list, except including a butcher or/and skal.. I  just gonna change the artefact on your first FoS. I think you will gain more to go for the ethereal amulet from the Realm of Shyish.

Personnaly i think eurlbad batalion are to much. Stonehorns Beastriders are very poor. Mournfang pack was ok, you actually have no fap (like hunter) and no wizard (trying to make some buff like molten entrail + dispell some spells or sniping with mortal wound some hero + activate the great mawpot).

I think, if you want to stay on your actual list, add a butcher will be the best choice (and switch artefact).

That's my opinion, you have to train and practice to see the problem of your list.

Edited by Zorki
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Zorki said:

Hello MKsmash,

With your actual list, except including a butcher or/and skal.. I  just gonna change the artefact on your first FoS. I think you will gain more to go for the ethereal amulet from the Real of Shyish.

Personnaly i think eurlbad batalion are to much. Stonehorns Beastriders are very poor. Mournfang pack was ok, you actually have no fap (like hunter) and no wizard (trying to make some buff like molten entrail + dispell some spells or sniping with mortal wound some hero).

I think, if you want to stay on your actual list, add a butcher will be the best choice (and switch artefact).

That's my opinion, you have to train and practice to see the problem of your list.

Thank you for your help!

I've tried this list a few times, and have done pretty well. Stonehorns are quite deadly, and one more Beastrider as another beatstick I find to be very strong for 300 points. I've had lots of success with the Eurlbad, the ability is meh but it greatly reduces drops and gains me the extra artefact. 

I've gone back and forth on skal. Taking the minimum amount of models is a cheap way to reduce drops and get an extra artefact, but it requires you to take frost sabres. At best, their attack is 4/4+/2+/-1/1 attacking first. This is good, but not as good as an influx of Stonehorns.

Mournfang are meh, but they fit into battalions well and can be very versatile in usage. 

I've gone back and forth on the artefact. I've had a lot of good games with the Ethereal Amulet, and I may decide to take it. However, Stonehorns struggle a lot with hordes and with +4 movement and flight a FLoSH moves 18" with no terrain to stop him.

I may take out 2 mournfang from the unit of 4 mournfang for a slaughtermaster with molten entrails. 

Edited by MKsmash

Happy to help you, i'm just a Ogor Mawtribes fan 🙂.

I'm actually ok with you, but from me Eurlbad it's to much. I think it's depend of the board, playing with many objectifs or/and sniping army (like KO / Tzeentch) skal was obvious because you can easy grabb objectif, block a sniping units or focus an hero.

If on the board you have only something like 3 points to manage, just rush Stornhorns, obviously, and go in 🤣.

I agree with you Stornhorns have a massive impact on game (wait the next general book : probably up the cost of Stornhorns and down the cost of Thundertusk). 

Slaughtermaster or butcher are great, it's depend what you want (i prefer butcher if i have to make some mortal wounds and stay on the mawpot) you can already add the balewind vortex on him. 40 pts. 

3 minutes ago, Zorki said:

Happy to help you, i'm just a Ogor Mawtribes fan 🙂.

I'm actually ok with you, but from me Eurlbad it's to much. I think it's depend of the board, playing with many objectifs or/and sniping army (like KO / Tzeentch) skal was obvious because you can easy grabb objectif, block a sniping units or focus an hero.

If on the board you have only something like 3 points to manage, just rush Stornhorns, obviously, and go in 🤣.

I agree with you Stornhorns have a massive impact on game (wait the next general book : probably up the cost of Stornhorns and down the cost of Thundertusk). 

Slaughtermaster or butcher are great, it's depend what you want (i prefer butcher if i have to make some mortal wounds and stay on the mawpot) you can already add the balewind vortex on him. 40 pts. 

I can see the potential of Skal, but sabres and hunters just dont do enough for me to make it worth it.

I would take the vortex if I could, but I would be 20 points over. 

It's a shame the mawpot is such a bad piece of scenery. It looks so cool... 😔

OK Fellow Fatties

What's your own versions of the ultimate Gutstar?

With lockdown I'm doing lots of list building and I'm currently thinking:

- Tyrant (General - 'Drop of red stuff' trait - 'Splatter-cleaver' relic)

- Butcher ('Shrunken Head' relic - 'Blood Feast' & 'Ribcracker' spells)

- Slaughtermaster ('Fleshcrave' & 'Greasy Deluge' spells)

- 12 Gluttons, 12 Gluttons, 8 Ironguts, 2 Leadbelchers, Balewind, Extra CP.

Running it in Bloodgullet with Goremand battalion. Overall is 3 drops, 1990pts. 

So what's everyone else's ultimate Gutstar? 

What tweaks/tips have people got for using their versions of Gutstar? 

12 minutes ago, Tropical Ghost General said:

OK Fellow Fatties

What's your own versions of the ultimate Gutstar?

With lockdown I'm doing lots of list building and I'm currently thinking:

- Tyrant (General - 'Drop of red stuff' trait - 'Splatter-cleaver' relic)

- Butcher ('Shrunken Head' relic - 'Blood Feast' & 'Ribcracker' spells)

- Slaughtermaster ('Fleshcrave' & 'Greasy Deluge' spells)

- 12 Gluttons, 12 Gluttons, 8 Ironguts, 2 Leadbelchers, Balewind, Extra CP.

Running it in Bloodgullet with Goremand battalion. Overall is 3 drops, 1990pts. 

So what's everyone else's ultimate Gutstar? 

What tweaks/tips have people got for using their versions of Gutstar? 

Allegiance: Ogor Mawtribes
- Mawtribe: Bloodgullet

Leaders
Tyrant (160)
- General
- Command Trait: Nice Drop of the Red Stuff!
- Artefact: Splatter-cleaver
- Big Name: Fateseeker
Butcher (140)
- Cleaver
- Lore of Gutmagic: Ribcracker
- Bloodgullet 2nd Spell: Greasy Deluge
Slaughtermaster (140)
- Artefact: Shrunken Priest Head
- Lore of Gutmagic: Blood Feast
- Bloodgullet 2nd Spell: Fleshcrave Curse

Battleline
12 x Ogor Gluttons (400)
- Pairs of Clubs or Blades
12 x Ogor Gluttons (400)
- Pairs of Clubs or Blades
8 x Ironguts (440)

Units
20 x Gnoblars (100)
2 x Leadbelchers (80)

Battalions
Goremand (140)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 178

Great list !

I, too, like a butcher and slaughtermaster!

In fact, my list was identical to yours for a while. However, camping at the pot I found to be a little lackluster and leaves you weak in the long game.

I eventually realized the extra cp wasnt helping me much either and I tried out a unit of 20 gnoblars. They are fantastic! I use them for screening, mainly for ironguts or gluttons. If I'm fighting an army with deepstrike, ill use em to defend the wizards.

Edited by MKsmash
  • Like 1

Hello Tropical Ghost General,

Wow 2 x12 gluttons pack 🤣👍

I think the option to include 2 slaughtermaster instead of 1 Butcher + 1 Slaughtermaster can work. (This is an option if u want to max your 3 big packs).

Stayed on butcher and the mawpot with it, i probably prefer to go for the bloodrock talisman. Will make +3 to dispell 😎

You're actually looking for a competitive list ? Or amateur / fun ?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Zorki said:

You're actually looking for a competitive list ?

As competitive as possible? 

(which I know without any FLoSHs, means that it's not that competitive 😂

I was thinking Bloodrock, but even though with Bloodgullet and balewind, you can get 3 casts but only the single unbind. I figured the 5++ shrug would give a bit of a better longevity. 

Edited by Tropical Ghost General

3 minutes ago, Tropical Ghost General said:

As competitive as possible? 

(which I know without any FLoSHs, means that it's not that competitive 😂

That's not necessarily the case

Gutstars can be very good

People despise having to chew through 48 wounds of gluttonous mass

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tropical Ghost General said:

Does it not help having spare for stuff like reroll charges or the Bloodgullet command ability? 

Should the points be used for stuff like endless spells maybe? 

The Bloodgullet CA is only meh and your Gluttons are already rerolling charges.

Maybe they could be used for endless spells. You take the Geminids instead, which are pretty good.

• Like 1