AoS 2 - Ogor Mawtribe Discussion

AthelLoren

Ogor Mawtribes Poll  

503 members have voted

1. 1. What tier do you feel Ogors are pre-battletome?

• High-tier
    • Mid-tier
    • Low-tier
  2. 2. What kind of army will you be running?

• Entirely Gutbusters
    • Mostly Gutbusters
    • Mixed forces
    • Mostly Beastclaw Raiders
    • Entirely Beastclaw Raiders

7 minutes ago, Kramer said:

It is. The malign sorcery rules are still in play. There is weird argument that gets repeated about it not having the HARBRINGER keyword. But that was never a thing. If you read the malign sorcery text it becomes clear that the fungoid cave shaman is still eligible and there are no newer rules that overwrite it not a faq/ errata declaring the rules outdated 

(also most list building unclarities stem from those two tools. I would suggest using the actual rules because those tool are just to riddled with bugs to use as a check for correct lists)

Thanks.  Read through as many rules and FAQs as I can but, to your point, sometimes struggle with “extras” like Malign Sorcery.  Original confusion comes from new tome which only lists Troggoths and Aleguzzler Gargants.  But wasn’t sure if they ever listed stuff like Fungoid...

5 hours ago, Beer & Pretzels Gamer said:

Thanks.  Read through as many rules and FAQs as I can but, to your point, sometimes struggle with “extras” like Malign Sorcery.  Original confusion comes from new tome which only lists Troggoths and Aleguzzler Gargants.  But wasn’t sure if they ever listed stuff like Fungoid...

Yeah I get it. It’s getting a bit bloated. Hopefully ghb 2020 doesn’t change or add much. But does gather all separate rules into one tome (kinda like the gaming book did with the generic artefact rules)

as to your final point. You remember it correctly. They never were listed as allies. 

Allegiance: Ogor Mawtribes
- Mawtribe: Bloodgullet

Leaders
Butcher (140)
- General
- Cleaver
Frostlord on Stonehorn (400)
Slaughtermaster (140)
Icebrow Hunter (120)

Battleline
8 x Ironguts (440)
4 x Leadbelchers (160)
12 x Ogor Gluttons (400)
- Clubs or Blades with Iron Fists

Units
6 x Frost Sabres (120)

Total: 1920 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 142

So I’m liking the look of this list, I’m just not sure how to finish it off. Originally was going to use the leftover 80pts on endless spells but I’m thinking maybe some frost sabers to screen? Or 2 more leadbelchers? What would you guys do?

4 hours ago, Xelotath said:

Allegiance: Ogor Mawtribes
- Mawtribe: Bloodgullet

Leaders
Butcher (140)
- General
- Cleaver
Frostlord on Stonehorn (400)
Slaughtermaster (140)
Icebrow Hunter (120)

Battleline
8 x Ironguts (440)
4 x Leadbelchers (160)
12 x Ogor Gluttons (400)
- Clubs or Blades with Iron Fists

Units
6 x Frost Sabres (120)

Total: 1920 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 142

So I’m liking the look of this list, I’m just not sure how to finish it off. Originally was going to use the leftover 80pts on endless spells but I’m thinking maybe some frost sabers to screen? Or 2 more leadbelchers? What would you guys do?

People are getting a lot of mileage out of the Balewind Vortex for Butchers (especially if they park near the pot), so I would go that route, or in the alternative take 2 min units of Frost Sabers and a Skaal battalion for the CP and extra artifact more than anything else.

41 minutes ago, ajax_xaja said:

Interesting list featured in a BoLS article today:

https://www.belloflostsouls.net/2020/03/aos-list-of-the-week-the-ogor-mawtribes-have-guts.html

Looks like Boulderhead, and like nothing I've really seen before.

Anyone have any insight/thoughts on this one?

Thats really interesting. I will definitely try that when I have the chance. 4 drops and has a good amount of everything. I may trade 6 sabres for a firebelly or 3 gluttons though.

Has 2 battallions so starting with 4 cp in total if you include the Hunters artifact generating 1 first turn. Lets you use all your CA's freely and still be able to reroll 1s for that extra reliability on a Molten Entrailed FLoSH.

Pretty cool tbh.

Seems like a cool build. Sacrifices some of the hitting power of the usual BCR list for some tricksy objective-grabbing, magic, and extra Command Points. I'd be a bit worried about giving up the second FLoSH for that stuff, but there's no doubt it's a more well-rounded list as a result.

4 minutes ago, Izikail said:

Hi guys, quicky. How pivotal is a maw pot to a mono beast claw list, is it the just for a one of heal and done, Or is it used to support prayers and be refilled?

The pot only helps when casting spells, not prayers. And a full BCR list often run up the board, leaving the pot behind so i guess it's not as good as when you use butchers and slaughtermaster. 

But using the pot is free so the benefits you get are just bonuses. 

Good morning, I currently have an Eurlbad Battalion I am using but I am thinking of changing it up to throw in some Iron Guts/Frost Sabres. I was wondering what everyone thought of this list for competitive play? Thanks!

LEADERS

Frostlord on Stonehorn (400)

Icebrow Hunter (120)

UNITS

8 x Ironguts (440)

2 x Frost Sabres (40) 2 x Frost Sabres (40) 2 x Frost Sabres (40)

BATTALIONS Skal (100)

Ah, triple Frostlords, truly living the dream. :)

What role do you see the Ironguts playing in your battle plan? I feel like you've got more than enough hammers already. (I must admit, I'd be sorely tempted to drop them for a fourth Frostlord and another couple of Sabres!)

There's definitely some internet wisdom floating around in favour of both minimum units and units of four.

The main benefit of fours is obviously getting the standard and musician. In the previous version of the book this was a much better deal (e.g. 3d6 take the highest for charging), but those unit upgrades were severely weakened with this release and now it's not as much of a concern.

The benefits of twos are not just the extra pistols and battleline choices, but also simply the ability to make twice as many charge rolls for extra trampling. In a low-model-count army, it can also be handy to be able to be in two places at once.

I haven't seen anyone advocating for units of more than four.