AoS 2 - Ogor Mawtribe Discussion

AthelLoren

Ogor Mawtribes Poll  

503 members have voted

1. 1. What tier do you feel Ogors are pre-battletome?

• High-tier
    • Mid-tier
    • Low-tier
  2. 2. What kind of army will you be running?

• Entirely Gutbusters
    • Mostly Gutbusters
    • Mixed forces
    • Mostly Beastclaw Raiders
    • Entirely Beastclaw Raiders

43 minutes ago, Warbossironteef said:

Has anyone ever converted the Mournfang Riders into Ironguts? I know they are kinda of crouched down and in a sitting pose but do you think it's possible?

I've done it with leadbelchers and it looks like they are bracing to shoot, ironguts would just look odd. You could try putting a gnobler in front of the model to block the view of the legs

2 hours ago, Kramer said:

The legs wil be too bendy fo my tastes. I'll add a side by side in a minute. The weapon swap does work and does look cool though. Thinking of getting a Start collecting and don't want to field Mournfang?

Side by side  (and the latest addition to show my painting progress since getting back in the hobby 😂)

4FE9AD1E-DF5C-411E-B590-53F94778B777.jpeg.10bf00888d56b51723ad3d55f293f3c3.jpegA35A72CC-E606-4E00-98FB-A87E5A60EDB3.jpeg.8bd39f3c0d87ec8a4791c03be170589e.jpeg

Thanks for the pictures. Maybe with some greenstuff I can reposition. I'm going to give it a try. I'm not a fan of Mournfang and I have 8 on the way.

• Like 1

On 11/25/2019 at 5:18 AM, Hebroseph said:

The CA is decent, the relic is one of the better ones forced on you for taking a tribe. Our spell lore is in the running for one of the best in the game, except for the 7 to cast on most and no "good" ways to get bonuses.  I think it was Doom and Darkness review where he said casting spells in mawtribes is like gambling. You are just hoping one goes off, not counting on all of them to go off." Or something along those lines and thats pretty close to the truth. Our spells are so decent, that just one going off is enough to help your army win whatever fight its about to embark on and that is saying something. I just see so many people say they played into army X with +1/2/3/4/whatever to deny and they didnt cast anything all game. 

Has anybody had any success with Firebelly and a balewind vortex? Seems kinda cheeky and sneaky to hang out behind your line and deal consistent mortal wounds to people who engage your gluttons. 

The relic of bloodgullet tribe only works well in a frostlord. You must wound an enemy with his weapon, is easy in the case of frostlord (4 attacks of +3+3 with rend -1) but is very poor in a huskard (3 attacks of +3+4 without rend).

Edited by Sartxac

11 hours ago, Nordrim said:

Heres my conversions of slaughtermaster and butcher since i was not fan of the origonal models.

Meats back in the menu!

20191126_180055.jpg

20191126_180044.jpg

20191126_180033.jpg

Nice conversions. Its a personal pet peeve when people "Convert a new butcher" and its just an irongut with gutplate and a different hand. 

1 hour ago, Hebroseph said:

Nice conversions. Its a personal pet peeve when people "Convert a new butcher" and its just an irongut with gutplate and a different hand. 

This one has body of ironblaster gunner, hands from regular ogres, head from beastriders, weapon and loincloth from mawkrusha megaboss. And lots of different meats and bucherlike bling bling from various mawtribe kits.

And ofc some greenstuff.

Wanted to make it look like he is screaming that dinner is ready.

Edited by Nordrim

On 11/17/2019 at 3:10 AM, MKsmash said:

Yes, you can do this. You can even do something crazy like:

FLoSH

FLoSH

SHBR

SHBR

SHBR

SHBR

Is this true? is there no 4/4 behemoth limit when we take our Beastriders as Battleline? 
I thought that they count as behemoths. 
And if it's true, what conditions do i have to fullfill to play more then 4 behemoths in a 2k Points game? 

is it like the FEC Court, where Therrorgheist and Zombiedragons loses ther Monster Keyword with a special Court or something like this? 

25 minutes ago, DestructionKev said:

Is this true? is there no 4/4 behemoth limit when we take our Beastriders as Battleline? 
I thought that they count as behemoths. 
And if it's true, what conditions do i have to fullfill to play more then 4 behemoths in a 2k Points game? 

is it like the FEC Court, where Therrorgheist and Zombiedragons loses ther Monster Keyword with a special Court or something like this? 

The way it works is the Beastriders when taken as battleline lose the behemoth status. So you are still limited to 4 behemoths. The FAQ explains it best: https://www.warhammer-community.com/faqs/

So you can take 4 leaders as your 4 behemoths and fill the rest with Beastriders

Edited by Kramer
  • Like 1

Hey guys,

What do you think about this,  is it a bit too much? too little objective grabbers? or you think it will be ok? Probably worst part is the lack of Screens unless i screen with ironguts/leadbelchers for alpha

- Butcher stays on cauldron gives extra dmg to one of the stonehorns that then goes charging around

- Slaughtermaster goes with the gluttons for the heavy objective grabbing, sniping low heroes and giving the pile in 6 to glutton and repeat wound rolls +1 attack and double cauldron.

- Ironguts and Leadbelchers go for secondary objective controllers / support

- Ethereal amulet FL goes on his own killing threats or solid objective grabber

-  Splatter FL goes support, flanking with gluttons or helping leadbelchers/ironguts in securing secondary objectives/healing or destroying

Allegiance: Ogor Mawtribes
- Mawtribe: Bloodgullet
Mortal Realm: Shyish

Leaders
Frostlord on Stonehorn (400)
- Artefact: Ethereal Amulet
- Mount Trait: Metalcruncher
- Artefact: Splatter-cleaver
- Mount Trait: Black Clatterhorn
Slaughtermaster (140)
- General
- Trait: Nice Drop of the Red Stuff!
- Lore of Gutmagic: Blood Feast, Fleshcrave Curse
Butcher (140)
- Cleaver
- Lore of Gutmagic: Molten Entrails, Greasy Deluge

Battleline
12 x Ogor Gluttons (400)
- Clubs or Blades with Iron Fists
4 x Leadbelchers (160)
4 x Ironguts (220)

Battalions
Goremand (140)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 120

Edited by Bululu
  • Like 1

I think if you're going with two Frostlords then you should consider Boulderhead. That way one can have Ethereal Amulet and the other can have the Svard Brand (which mixed with clatterhorn is amazing). Plus they'll each get +1 wound and the other benefits. When half of your army are these two dudes, you want them to have every advantage. Bloodgullet would work better if you had a second 12x Glutton unit.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mutton said:

I think if you're going with two Frostlords then you should consider Boulderhead. That way one can have Ethereal Amulet and the other can have the Svard Brand (which mixed with clatterhorn is amazing). Plus they'll each get +1 wound and the other benefits. When half of your army are these two dudes, you want them to have every advantage. Bloodgullet would work better if you had a second 12x Glutton unit.

Had a go at this myself - 

- Mawtribe: Boulderhead

Leaders
Frostlord on Stonehorn (400)
- Artefact: Brand of the Svard
Slaughtermaster (140)
- General
- Trait: Lord of Beasts
- Lore of Gutmagic: 

Battleline

3 x Ogor Gluttons (120)
12 x Ogor Gluttons (400)
- paired Clubs or Blades 
4 x Leadbelchers (160)
4 x Ironguts (220)

Battalions
Goremand (140)

Total: 1980 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Wounds: 125

Awkward having to give the Lord of Beasts to the slaughter master as he needs to be the general to fulfil the battleline requirements. Also didn’t know what single spell would be best, Entrails to buff the FLoSH or something else to buff the gluttons he’ll likely be hanging around with. Figured an extra unit of ogors outweighs the butcher outside of bloodgullet though.

Thoughts?

• Like 1

On 11/26/2019 at 1:18 PM, Warbossironteef said:

Has anyone ever converted the Mournfang Riders into Ironguts? I know they are kinda of crouched down and in a sitting pose but do you think it's possible?

I used the armor, weapons and and arms from the mournfang but i used standing bodies from the gluttons kit. With the way the legs are bent on the mounted ogor models i imagine itd be tough to put them in a good looking standing pose without some pretty significant cutting and greenstuff work.

7 hours ago, Ajay29 said:

Leaders
Slaughtermaster (140)
- General
- Lore of Gutmagic: 

Battleline

3 x Ogor Gluttons (120)
12 x Ogor Gluttons (400)
- paired Clubs or Blades 
4 x Leadbelchers (160)
4 x Ironguts (220)

Battalions
Goremand (140)

Awkward having to give the Lord of Beasts to the slaughter master as he needs to be the general to fulfil the battleline requirements. Also didn’t know what single spell would be best, Entrails to buff the FLoSH or something else to buff the gluttons he’ll likely be hanging around with. Figured an extra unit of ogors outweighs the butcher outside of bloodgullet though.

Thoughts?

I had just come up with a list today almost identical to yours, just with 2 mournfang replacing your 3 ogors unit to tag along with one of the frostlords and screen for him so he can hit his intended target. Otherise it is identical. I have no idea if its good cause im not a great player, but it certainly sounds fun!

Putting together a concept of my frostlord on stonehorn with the metalcruncher mount trait. The idea is the gnoblar crew blast the big cannon into the enemy point blank and that is what the d6 mortal wounds at the start of the combat phase comes from. My army is mostly gutbusters themed so i attached some other gutbuster odds and ends to the stonehorn to fit in.

20191127_230535.jpg

20191127_230542.jpg

20191127_230549.jpg

20191127_230610.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Mutton said:

Yeah thats a good option too, quite more efficient duo there ill think about it thanks

10 hours ago, Ajay29 said:

Leaders
Slaughtermaster (140)
- General
- Lore of Gutmagic: 

Battleline

3 x Ogor Gluttons (120)
12 x Ogor Gluttons (400)
- paired Clubs or Blades 
4 x Leadbelchers (160)
4 x Ironguts (220)

Battalions
Goremand (140)

Thoughts?

isnt it better to remove the 3 glutton unit in exchange of a unit of gnoblars and  2 frost sabres for screening/disturbing

25 minutes ago, Bululu said:

isnt it better to remove the 3 glutton unit in exchange of a unit of gnoblars and  2 frost sabres for screening/disturbing

Actually I was thinking just now about dropping 2 leadbelchers which would give me 20 gnoblars with the 20 points left over...

Hello everyone. 

I just bought 2 second hand ogor halves of the Feast of Bones boxes, but now i can see that i didn´t get any assembly instructions with them.  Is there anywhere i can find them online, or is someone here able to be helpful and upload some pictures of them? 

1 hour ago, Ahemme said:

Hello everyone. 

I just bought 2 second hand ogor halves of the Feast of Bones boxes, but now i can see that i didn´t get any assembly instructions with them.  Is there anywhere i can find them online, or is someone here able to be helpful and upload some pictures of them? 

Check reddit warhammer instructions they might have them posted, otherwise you can always contact GW customer service via email and say your box was missing the instructions, they usually send a pdf back!

Edited by Xasto

4 hours ago, Ahemme said:

Hello everyone. 

It’s also in the mawtribes Facebook group.