AoS 2 - Ogor Mawtribe Discussion

AthelLoren

Ogor Mawtribes Poll  

503 members have voted

1. 1. What tier do you feel Ogors are pre-battletome?

• High-tier
    • Mid-tier
    • Low-tier
  2. 2. What kind of army will you be running?

• Entirely Gutbusters
    • Mostly Gutbusters
    • Mixed forces
    • Mostly Beastclaw Raiders
    • Entirely Beastclaw Raiders

5 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

Yes but why take a tribe that makes a ****** warscroll mediocre when there are presumably ones that make good warscrolls better? 

Some people don't mind if they have a weak army that takes units they like. At the moment I'm looking at these previews and trying to work out if this army is worth investing in. 

Sure I like the models, but if I'm going to lose to the top armies even if I play well then I will look elsewhere. 

You haven't even see that subfaction rules. Stop with this "Oh, no it's useless" approach.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Based on flimsy evidence, and if they keep the rest of the Stonehorn's warscroll the same, they will now do insane amounts of damage on the charge with the two new charge rule changes. And if they are now  +2" move (14"?! plus can charge and run?!) , and they count as 10 models for objective purposes, we now have a BCR army that is at least viable. Still a lot to learn, but I like what I see so far....

10 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

Yes but why take a tribe that makes a ****** warscroll mediocre when there are presumably ones that make good warscrolls better? 

Some people don't mind if they have a weak army that takes units they like. At the moment I'm looking at these previews and trying to work out if this army is worth investing in. 

Sure I like the models, but if I'm going to lose to the top armies even if I play well then I will look elsewhere. 

Dude seriously it has nothing to do with minding a weak army. Let’s take your investing angle. 
right now your speculating based on marketing. Sure shows you a bit but not the whole story. It might turn out better, might be worse. And just like a business investment, and be honest, no way your investing without seeing the numbers. And we ain’t seen the numbers. 

top dog Slaanesh isn’t winning because of their warscroll. It’s the allegiance abilities. So until that point this is all just ***** negative whining. Case and point assuming the tribe makes them mediocre. Maybe they’ll be ineffective maybe they’ll be tournament winning. You’r assumption is automatically it’s 💩  and that’s what annoys me in these responses  

but you’re right,  if the majority in the thread prefers to spend their time on unfounded speculation and that turns out this negative... then this is not the conversation for me. And I’ll look back here when their is room for positivity in the hobby. 

Edited by Kramer
  • Like 6

5 minutes ago, Kramer said:

Dude seriously it has nothing to do with minding a weak army. Let’s take your investing angle. 
right now your speculating based on marketing. Sure shows you a bit but not the whole story. It might turn out better, might be worse. And just like a business investment, and be honest, no way your investing without seeing the numbers. And we ain’t seen the numbers. 

top dog Slaanesh isn’t winning because of their warscroll. It’s the allegiance abilities. So until that point this is all just ***** negative whining. Case and point assuming the tribe makes them mediocre. Maybe they’ll be ineffective maybe they’ll be tournament winning. You’r assumption is automatically it’s 💩  and that’s what annoys me in these responses  

but you’re right,  if the majority in the thread prefers to spend their time on unfounded speculation and that turns out this negative... then this is not the conversation for me. And I’ll look back here when their is room for positivity in the hobby. 

I'm not saying the whole army will be ******. Just that 1) shooting is already weak 2) the warscroll is weak and 3) the decent abilities we've seen so far appear to favour movement and charging. 

Put all that together and based on the limited evidence we have so far I'm strongly leaning to the idea that I would not want leadbelchers. The same cost in other units are likely to be more wound efficient. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If Leadbelchers end up being 120 points or less, I'd like using them as small 2-man screens.

I'd also like to point out 1) How good Hungry vs. Eating is. It means all of our Ogors move 8" and our Bravery suddenly becomes respectable in combat. 2) How good trample is, even for non-monsters. So any unit gets to roll equal to the charge roll and on 6's do bonus mortal wounds---it's free real estate!

Also if Ogor Gluttons end up getting 3's to hit as well...that'd be huge.

Edited by Mutton

Hello there Ogors. As a massenger of Gorkamorkma...erm I mean the Everwinter I invite you to devour the southern reaches of Chamon!
Sign up here (blood also counts as ink, and yes: You may use a bone to write down your name).
https://forms.gle/917Hd7zB9VkVBE9TA

All Rules and the Map can be found right here:

happy ... Mawtribing...?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, Walrustaco said:

Relieved and delighted that my butcher with cauldron did not die with the new battletome. He's now a slaughtermaster! 20191023_193656.jpg.c8a825d14a850b7e26fb0ba96d18dca7.jpg20191023_193705.jpg.81239df74c0a522290ca8228bdddc253.jpg20191023_193715.jpg.6d4333d6f4296ef663c5539cb594ea75.jpg

Great looking model mate! 

Whats the base size? 

Do you guys think Greasus/Overtyrant have a role in this? Would hate to see that awesome model go to waste! 

There was a part in the preview where they showed flavour text about an Overtyrant big as a Gargant. Is that a hint of a new model perhaps? 

Edited by Dejnar

14 minutes ago, Dejnar said:

Great looking model mate! 

Whats the base size? 

Do you guys think Greasus/Overtyrant have a role in this? Would hate to see that awesome model go to waste! 

There was a part in the preview where they showed flavour text about an Overtyrant big as a Gargant. Is that a hint of a new model perhaps? 

It's a 105×70mm base. Thanks!

Hi! I know that this would be mostly guesstimates at the moment, but I'd love to hop onto the Mawtribes Bandwagon, as I really love both the Beastclaw Rider and Gutbuster models, and almost bought the BCR starter many times :D

I'm planning on buying the Beastclaw Start collecting, and either one or two of the Mawtribe halves of the new starter. Would it be worth buying two of the starter set halves? From what I'm seeing in the box-splitting groups, it's mostly "get a free Ironblaster" deal, and I'm not sure if it makes sense - I could always convert the second Tyrant into Butcher/Maneater/..., and I'm guessing that usining two artillery pieces is not gonna be that good/wise, but since it would be free money-vise...

Thanks for your thoughts!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, joza said:

I'm planning on buying the Beastclaw Start collecting, and either one or two of the Mawtribe halves of the new starter. Would it be worth buying two of the starter set halves? From what I'm seeing in the box-splitting groups, it's mostly "get a free Ironblaster" deal, and I'm not sure if it makes sense - I could always convert the second Tyrant into Butcher/Maneater/..., and I'm guessing that usining two artillery pieces is not gonna be that good/wise, but since it would be free money-vise...

The Ironblaster kit can also be built as a Gnoblar Scraplauncher so if you grabbed two you could build them as one of each :) 

• Thanks 1

The counts-as 2/10 models is suuuuper nice for a faction that also (supposedly) comes stock with easy access to gnoblars :D Can make some nasty objective stealing/fortifying moves with that. Very curious to see where they take gnoblars and the big sky cannon respectively. Gorgers being close to my favourite ogor unit will also be on my list for things I hope they did justice :O 

(to be clear, nice because it's a good combo, not because gnoblars would count as 2, since they don't ;)

Edited by Mayple

12 minutes ago, eliminatorjr said:

Quick question — my apologies if this has been covered already.

Will the Mawtribes book be going up for preorder this weekend alongside the Ossiarch / Ogres box?

Looking forward to getting the large lads back on the table! 

Yep! Preorder this weekend, release next weekend

12 minutes ago, Kyriakin said:

Still no official mention and/or sighting of Icefall Yhetees?

Yup, no sighting in any art or conversation. They did mention that there were no cuts though.
Honestly, I am hoping they're gone. That, or a company comes out with a good Yeti proxi for me to buy.

6 minutes ago, Shankelton said:

Yup, no sighting in any art or conversation. They did mention that there were no cuts though.
Honestly, I am hoping they're gone. That, or a company comes out with a good Yeti proxi for me to buy.

I hope they aren't gone.

Conceptually, they are such a big part of the icy/everwinter theme of the original BCR army.

I feel GW want to kill the Everwinter thing, and go full classic "bish-bosh, get in my belly" Ogres. However, they realised it might cause some anger from the playerbase, and threw the Everwinter Ogres a half-hearted bone.

In that regards, it's kinda like Spiderfang. But at least they got Endless Spells.

Edited by Kyriakin
  • Like 1