AoS 2 - Ogor Mawtribe Discussion

AthelLoren

Ogor Mawtribes Poll  

503 members have voted

1. 1. What tier do you feel Ogors are pre-battletome?

• High-tier
    • Mid-tier
    • Low-tier
  2. 2. What kind of army will you be running?

• Entirely Gutbusters
    • Mostly Gutbusters
    • Mixed forces
    • Mostly Beastclaw Raiders
    • Entirely Beastclaw Raiders

11 minutes ago, Beastmaster said:

Just out of interest, how do you all test a tome that’s not even out yet? 😳

1 week before release (pre order date) previewers are allowed to publicly share information from the tomes they received early. With the modern internet it gets spread like wildfire. There are many sites and youtube channels that just post / read the book cover to cover. Here are 2 of them. There are countless others.

Reddit:

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Age_of_Sigmar/Tactics/Destruction/Ogor_Mawtribes

GMG Youtube:

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, svnvaldez said:

In order to re live the glory days of 2 FLoSh with battle brew this is the list I'm painting up. I already own the models so I don't really have to worry about how good it is. I think it will be a ton of fun to run 3 FLs together dealing impact hits.

Tribe Meatfist Mawtribe    

Battle trait: Add 1 dice for MW charge    
Command ability: Add +1 attack for bite    

Frostlord on Stonehorn   400 2000
   Mount trait: Add +1 hit for horn    
   Artifact: Reroll saves of 1    
   Command trait: Hero phase + 1 CP if eating    
Frostlord on Stonehorn   400  
Frostlord on Stonehorn   400  
12 Ogor Gluttons   400  
2 Leadbelchers   80  
2 Leadbelchers   80  
Butcher   140  
   Spell: Cast on 7 +1 attack for  gluttons    
Gnoblars   100  

Only problem is you only have 1 battleline 

16 minutes ago, ageofpaddsmar said:

Anyone know the base size for the slaughter master think mines base is too big. I originally put it on a 120 oval because that the time the old monster bases all seemed to go up to 120 ovals. But looking at the new pictures it seems to be on a 105 oval

It's a 105×70mm base, yeah

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Ragnar72 said:

Anybody all the sizes ?

yetees are now on 50mm as the gorgers.

heros everybody on 50mm

and the rest? Cannon ? Monsters? Cavalry?

If you google Age of Sigmar base sizes you should find a big list. And nothing changed (as per specification by GW) when the book comes out.

17 minutes ago, Pitloze said:

If you google Age of Sigmar base sizes you should find a big list. And nothing changed (as per specification by GW) when the book comes out.

They changed a few of them... If you look at the photos you will notice that some of them are in bigger bases...

• Like 1

I picked up a Feast of Bones box and a whole stack of Ironguts, Gluttons, and Leadbelchers. Up until now I've been struggling to find the one Sigmar army that I just HAD to play, tinkering with the odd idea like an all Dragon Ogor force, or all Trogs. Gutbusters are the first Sigmar army that jumped out and demanded I build them ASAP, or else.

To that end.

Does anyone know which, if any, kits come with a good number of Ogor flintlock pistols? I want to convert a box of gluttons into Maneaters, and I'm trying to piece together enough oversized cutlasses and Flintlocks to give them a vaguely swashbuckler mercenary vibe. Preferably some guns that I can mount on belts or under arm slings, and some I can put in hand, with left and right handed cutlasses. Been shopping around for a bit now with only mild success.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Tyrant said:

I picked up a Feast of Bones box and a whole stack of Ironguts, Gluttons, and Leadbelchers. Up until now I've been struggling to find the one Sigmar army that I just HAD to play, tinkering with the odd idea like an all Dragon Ogor force, or all Trogs. Gutbusters are the first Sigmar army that jumped out and demanded I build them ASAP, or else.

To that end.

Does anyone know which, if any, kits come with a good number of Ogor flintlock pistols? I want to convert a box of gluttons into Maneaters, and I'm trying to piece together enough oversized cutlasses and Flintlocks to give them a vaguely swashbuckler mercenary vibe. Preferably some guns that I can mount on belts or under arm slings, and some I can put in hand, with left and right handed cutlasses. Been shopping around for a bit now with only mild success.

I'm planning to rely heavily on Mournfang pistols as mentioned.  Also, there are some good ranged weapons in the Beastriders kit that I'm going to use for some variety and character.  There's a crossbow, chaintrap, the vulture, maybe one or two more.  Should be able to mix that with Glutton and Irongut kits to make some cool Maneaters.  I'm planning at least 6, so some with pistols/other ranged weapons, and some with bigger melee weapons like gargant hackers, and a few mixed.

Another thing I've seen suggested is to use human sized black powder weapons, which should be roughly pistol sized to an Ogor.  I'm not sold on this one but it might be an ok option for hanging from a belt or something.

10 minutes ago, FPC said:

I'm planning to rely heavily on Mournfang pistols as mentioned.  Also, there are some good ranged weapons in the Beastriders kit that I'm going to use for some variety and character.  There's a crossbow, chaintrap, the vulture, maybe one or two more.  Should be able to mix that with Glutton and Irongut kits to make some cool Maneaters.  I'm planning at least 6, so some with pistols/other ranged weapons, and some with bigger melee weapons like gargant hackers, and a few mixed.

Another thing I've seen suggested is to use human sized black powder weapons, which should be roughly pistol sized to an Ogor.  I'm not sold on this one but it might be an ok option for hanging from a belt or something.

How many pistols come in a Mournfang box? One for each, or just for the leader?

7 minutes ago, Tyrant said:

How many pistols come in a Mournfang box? One for each, or just for the leader?

1 being held (that could fit any Ogor left arm I believe) and one holstered. I bought 2 SC Beastclaw boxes and are probably just not going to use those pistols for the Mournfangs.  I'm less worried about the WYSIWYG on their leader than I am on the Maneaters, since they're conversion.

If I'm reading the Pitched Battle Profiles correctly, it looks like  Beastriders will be battleline and NOT behemoth in an Ogor Mawtribes army if the general is a Beastclaw Raider.

So a valid list would be 
1x Frostlord on Stonehorn

- General

2x Thundertusk Beastriders

2x Stonehorn Beastriders

Making it 2000 points, 2 leaders, 4 battlelines, 2 behemoths.

Am I reading that right? 

1 minute ago, ryanguy88 said:

If I'm reading the Pitched Battle Profiles correctly, it looks like  Beastriders will be battleline and NOT behemoth in an Ogor Mawtribes army if the general is a Beastclaw Raider.

So a valid list would be 

- General

2x Thundertusk Beastriders

2x Stonehorn Beastriders

Making it 2000 points, 2 leaders, 4 battlelines, 2 behemoths.

Am I reading that right? 

Looks like it. Would match the ruling regarding battleline behemoths in cities of sigmar.

Regarding Firebellies.

Does this spell also mean pile ins?

Tongues of Flame: CV 6. Pick 1 enemy until that has 5 or more models that are within 18" of the caster and visible to them. Until the start of your next hero phase, each time that unit finishes any type of move it suffers D3 mortal wounds.

Edited by Dejnar

6 minutes ago, Dejnar said:

Regarding Firebellies.

Does this spell also mean pile ins?

Tongues of Flame: CV 6. Pick 1 enemy until that has 5 or more models that are within 18" of the caster and visible to them. Until the start of your next hero phase, each time that unit finishes any type of move it suffers D3 mortal wounds.

Yes. Normal moves/running, charging, and piling in.

10 hours ago, Lucank said:

Tyrant is a total bummer. BS immune is cool on Gnoblars, the rest has a high enough Bravery imo. Damage output is very lackluster.

I'm surprised his damage out was low. Looking at his warscroll he looks like a very killy hero for 160 points.