AoS 2 - Ogor Mawtribe Discussion

AthelLoren

Ogor Mawtribes Poll  

503 members have voted

1. 1. What tier do you feel Ogors are pre-battletome?

• High-tier
    • Mid-tier
    • Low-tier
  2. 2. What kind of army will you be running?

• Entirely Gutbusters
    • Mostly Gutbusters
    • Mixed forces
    • Mostly Beastclaw Raiders
    • Entirely Beastclaw Raiders

Ok, that would mean Hunter as general, Frostsabers (actually classic fenrisian wolves 😁) as Battleline, right?

Isn‘t a block of 12 Ogor a bit unwieldy, meaning that oftentimes only a part of them gets to fight anyway? On the plus side, as you say, they would be the perfect target for Slaughtermasters buffs and the Tyrant command...

Hmm

15 minutes ago, Lucentia said:

You might want to consider upgrading the beast riders to a huskard instead, more expensive, but gets you access to prayers and a mount trait, which could be worthwhile.

Still an option. Luckily I’ve magnetized the riders 😅

As far as I see, though, the Huskards Prayers only work on BCR units, so no healing the Ogors. May still be worth it though.

speaking of magnetization, it seem that there are 5 variants of big guys, am I right?

Frostlord / Beastriders  ON Stonehorn

Huskard / Frostlord / Beastriders ON Thundertusk

Is the total magnetization possible? Or does it render like trash? If you have to sacrify on or 2 build for an easy magnetization, how would you do it?

Sadly yes, I don't think you can heal gutbusters via the prayer.  I'm contemplating a TT huskard with the mortal wound prayer and always strikes last aura huddled behind a line of ironguts (or whatever) is an interesting charge deterrent that can still threaten at range.

12 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

speaking of magnetization, it seem that there are 5 variants of big guys, am I right?

Is the total magnetization possible? Or does it render like trash? If you have to sacrify on or 2 build for an easy magnetization, how would you do it?

Magnetizing riders wasn’t that big of a problem, even for a beginner like me.  If you put two saddles on, and buy a third optional rider from bitzstores, you have all three options. 

I am somewhat doubtful as to magnetizing the heads of the beasts, though. It makes the whole sculpt a lot more fragile .

1 minute ago, Beastmaster said:

Magnetizing riders wasn’t that big of a problem, even for a beginner like me.  If you put two saddles on, and buy a third optional rider from bitzstores, you have all three options. 

I am somewhat doubtful as to magnetizing the heads of the beasts, though. It makes the whole sculpt a lot more fragile .

So, you mean that with 2 or more kits, you are ready to get everything you need?

15 minutes ago, Beastmaster said:

Actually a sign of a healthy army, when the most basic troops are the first must-haves amiright? 😅

Either that or a boring one, where the "fun stuff" is overpriced and not worth taking (example - KO springs to mind).  We shall just have to wait and see.

• Sad 1

I'm waiting the end of the week to see if I am delivered of the ordered feast of bones. Then, I'll complete the ogors with SC!. 

According to what we know and your experience, how many big kits (stonehorn/thunderstuck with all head magnetized) do we need to be ok to play almost all buids? 2, 3 or 4? My guess is 3 but I don't know this army.

Edited by GeneralZero

I'm toying with the idea of a list with 2 Huskards on Thundertusks and a Frost Lord on Stonehorn with a Butcher to man the pot. Frost Lord has ethereal amulet, reroll wounds command trait, and +1 hit mount trait. Throw mystic shield on him shoot him into your opponents face. 3+ rerolling 1s unrendable save with a 5++ makes him pretty much unkillable while he still has damage to threaten most units. Thundertusks can snowball horde units to help with objective control and heal up the Frost Lord. Butcher can use the pot to heal everyone up when need be. Remaining points can be filled with gnoblars/gluttons for screening/counter screening as needed. Not sure how viable this will be as you'll be putting A LOT of points into those 3 big boys but I think the Might Makes Right rule gives this some legs. My main fear would be something somehow gacking the Frost Lord early on or the Thundertusks getting brought down due to lack of screening.

3 hours ago, GeneralZero said:

There's a 6th option -- Huskard On Stonehorn.  Previously, most didn't go this route though

3 hours ago, Beastmaster said:

Still an option. Luckily I’ve magnetized the riders 😅

As far as I see, though, the Huskards Prayers only work on BCR units, so no healing the Ogors. May still be worth it though.

You can take a prayer from the lore that chooses a spot within 18" and damages things.
from 1d4 chan:

1. Pulverising Hailstorm: 4+, pick a point on the battlefield within 18" of the model chanting this prayer. Roll 1 dice for each unit within 3" of this point. On a 3+ that unit suffers D3 mortal wounds.

23 minutes ago, DingK86 said:

The first one doesn't seem too bad. *Ducks* AoS newbie speaking, so not sure my opinion holds much weight. Happy to be corrected.

All three lists just are there to show off the ability to make very different kind of lists. It’s a marketing tool and not, as @Nezzhil seems to have expected, a guide to make powerful lists. 

first shows a good trick with stacking damage on the mournfang but it’s there to show a mounted list. I think for games where the goal isn’t top tournament practice it will be fun and good to play.