AoS 2 - Ogor Mawtribe Discussion

AthelLoren

Ogor Mawtribes Poll  

503 members have voted

1. 1. What tier do you feel Ogors are pre-battletome?

• High-tier
    • Mid-tier
    • Low-tier
  2. 2. What kind of army will you be running?

• Entirely Gutbusters
    • Mostly Gutbusters
    • Mixed forces
    • Mostly Beastclaw Raiders
    • Entirely Beastclaw Raiders

4 minutes ago, IkedaT said:

I was under the impression Mawtribes had access to both Prayers and Spells, is that incorrect?

No you’re correct. A spell lore for Butchers and a lore for Firebellies, plus a prayer list for Huskards. No endless spells tho.

Ooooh! Another question for y’all, aside from my conversion question earlier. Am I correct in reading that an army built with an equal number of frostsaber units to hunters alongside gorgers could be deployed entirely in reserve? The abilities on the warscrolls don’t seem to have any wording to stop this, like army reserve abilities tend to  

Hunters as general make the kitties battleline, so this could be a humorous and interesting game plan. Heck, take Skal, and you could have a 1 drop army entirely in reserve, should easily be able to either let your opponent go first and only be able to move around, or go first yourself and drop a bunch of people most anywhere you would like. 

14 minutes ago, Fyrm said:

Ooooh! Another question for y’all, aside from my conversion question earlier. Am I correct in reading that an army built with an equal number of frostsaber units to hunters alongside gorgers could be deployed entirely in reserve? The abilities on the warscrolls don’t seem to have any wording to stop this, like army reserve abilities tend to  

Hunters as general make the kitties battleline, so this could be a humorous and interesting game plan. Heck, take Skal, and you could have a 1 drop army entirely in reserve, should easily be able to either let your opponent go first and only be able to move around, or go first yourself and drop a bunch of people most anywhere you would like. 

Yes that’s fine and I love me my cats having 20 of them. However they’re more screens and glass cannons so wouldnt really stand up as an entire army. Plus the hunter is ok as a one off general to unlock battle line cats but even at 120 they are not a great deal (still better than when they were 140 and without the ability to bring cats along in ambush natively)

2 cats to use up opponents melee activation plus a unit of yeti coming in from 6” pile in (run to 6” don’t charge) works as a great combo though. 

17 minutes ago, Fyrm said:

Am I correct in reading that an army built with an equal number of frostsaber units to hunters alongside gorgers could be deployed entirely in reserve?

I can't remember if AoS has one like it, but if my memory is correct, 40k has a rule that says an army deployed entirely in reserve automatically looses.

4 minutes ago, grimshwiz said:

Quick question, I saw in the Battletome that we have Troggoths as allies and no mention of anything else if I remember correctly. Can we still ally the Fungoid Cave Shaman from Malign Portents, since I was thinking of picking up one. 

Thank you 

Gargants and Troggoths are it AFAIK

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

Has there been any word on if there is a Big Waaagh style for Mawtribes? Combo Gutbusters + BCR?

That's actually the default state of the book. the only thing that changes the "style" is choice of general, which dictates what's battleline, and what isn't. It's a much better outcome than "one book two factions" some buffs only affect specific units by keyword, but the vast majority of stuff just activates off the OGOR keyword.

Rejoice and Feast!

edit: to the above, wasn't there a box out somewhere that allowed the malign portents heroes to be used regardless of ally status? can't remember where since I never personally used one.

Edited by WindstormSCR
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, WindstormSCR said:

That's actually the default state of the book. the only thing that changes the "style" is choice of general, which dictates what's battleline, and what isn't. It's a much better outcome than "one book two factions" some buffs only affect specific units by keyword, but the vast majority of stuff just activates off the OGOR keyword.

Rejoice and Feast!

Ooh nice! 

1 hour ago, Oceanic_Eyes said:

Do the Malign Portents heralds still have that rule where they can be allies as long as they come from the same Grand Alliance as the army they're being put in? If so you should be able to ally a Fungoid into a Mawtribes list.

If tournaments are anything to go off on then yes.  Pretty sure they are still being taken to the point of orruk warclans that is. But still. 

@IkedaT @FPC regarding prayers and spells. PRAYER is currently just a different name for an ability that activates on an X up. For example the Wardokk has spells and an ability that’s exactly the same mechanic as praters. just calls it a dance though. 

What I can come up with including those already named: stormcast skaven, cities of sigmar, daughters of Khaine, Mawtribes (nurgle in a sense), 

that don’t call it prayers: orruk warclans, slaves to darkness, (and this group is probably a lot bigger)

lrayers no spells: khorne, 

Sont know enough about death to comment there though. 

Trying the following list in a couple of days (really can`t find a list where you can effectively mix GB and BCR):

Bloodgullet Mawtribe

Tyrant                               General, Bloodgullet Atrifact, +2 W trait, 3+ save name                                    
Butcher                            Spell +1 Attack, -1 to hit
Slaughtermaster        Spell -1 Attack

Ogor Gluttons 12x    
Ogor Gluttons   6x    
Leadbelchers     2x     
Ironguts                4x    
Ironguts                4x    
Gnoblar              20x    
Gnoblar              20x    

Goremand         
Extra CP 

1990 total

3 cp to start with for BS immunity

1 hour ago, Soolong said:

Quick question, does the battalion 'Butchers band' allow me to use a slaughtermaster as the butcher as he has the butcher keyword? Arguing with a friend about it, AOS uses keywords for things like this so I think it is fine.

Yes, because keyword

I just ordered some KO Endrinrigger balloons an rudders to kitbash with my Ironguts.  I've been wanting to do a pirate themed Ogor army, but I wasn't sure how to make the Ironguts fit thematically. Now I'm thinking give them old-timey brass diving helmets and the KO floaty bubbles and make them underwater monster hunters.

I'll have to snag an Endrinmaster to ride Master Blaster style on the back of an Ogor to use as a second Tyrant. He'll be the one who makes and maintains all the tech for my Gutbusters.

I was all happy that I got a huge lot of Ogors for cheap, but now that I want to stick KO bits on everything this could turn out to be a pretty expensive army.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, gedrekt said:

I just ordered some KO Endrinrigger balloons an rudders to kitbash with my Ironguts.  I've been wanting to do a pirate themed Ogor army, but I wasn't sure how to make the Ironguts fit thematically. Now I'm thinking give them old-timey brass diving helmets and the KO floaty bubbles and make them underwater monster hunters.

I'll have to snag an Endrinmaster to ride Master Blaster style on the back of an Ogor to use as a second Tyrant. He'll be the one who makes and maintains all the tech for my Gutbusters.

I was all happy that I got a huge lot of Ogors for cheap, but now that I want to stick KO bits on everything this could turn out to be a pretty expensive army.

That sounds cool. Ive been brainstorming using bits from the Brutes kit for Ogors. Theme it like they beat and ate a warclan then looted their stuff lol

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Soolong said:

Quick question, does the battalion 'Butchers band' allow me to use a slaughtermaster as the butcher as he has the butcher keyword? Arguing with a friend about it, AOS uses keywords for things like this so I think it is fine.

No, because the battalion requires a Butcher, not a keyword butcher, when looking at the requirements. It's referring to the name of the units required, and not the keywords required. So you have to take a regular Butcher for Butcher's Band.

15 minutes ago, gedrekt said:

The Brutes kit does have some big and nasty looking weapons, and with the way Ironguts just seem to strap shields and bits of armor to themselves I'm sure a lot of the armor plates could be looted as well.

I think Brutes are roughly similar size to Ogors as well and both have giant arms so it could work