AoS 2 - Ogor Mawtribe Discussion

AthelLoren

Ogor Mawtribes Poll  

503 members have voted

1. 1. What tier do you feel Ogors are pre-battletome?

• High-tier
    • Mid-tier
    • Low-tier
  2. 2. What kind of army will you be running?

• Entirely Gutbusters
    • Mostly Gutbusters
    • Mixed forces
    • Mostly Beastclaw Raiders
    • Entirely Beastclaw Raiders

2 hours ago, Lord Krungharr said:

Well I'll still run my Gluttons, as they're all nicely painted so it would suck to try and convert them to Maneaters.  So I'll make some Maneaters!  Still Gluttons with IronFists can get some MW in if they take a whole bunch of saves. Maybe bless them with a 6++ from HoTT and add an All Out Defence vs a nonrendy enemy?    

Leadbelchers should be able to Unleash Hell with D6 shots per dude I think, so that's something maybe worth extra points?  

They only get the d6 if they're not in combat, so you'll need a screen of some sort to do it.

There has to be a warscroll change to gluttons. Coherency changes, base size and range of 1 inch means they have to change something. Also, as someone with 12 mournfang they couldn't put them in units of 4? I thought they were changing the units to how they are sold in the boxes?

• Thanks 1

There's some mercenary rules in the new white dwarf for these two named characters and some good siege of excelsis battlepans etc. Not read through most of it yet though

Edited by CDM
  • Thanks 1

I've been playing around with some lists for the new edition trying to figure out my next project (my poor BCR are grey still), but I've come up with this list so far.

Allegiance: Ogor Mawtribes
- Mawtribe: Boulderhead

Battalions:

-Command Entourage (Artifact)

-Battle Regiment

Leaders
Frostlord on Stonehorn (430)
- Artefact: Brand of the Svard
- Mount Trait: Black Clatterhorn
Frostlord on Thundertusk (385)

-artifact: Amulet of Destiny (5+ ward)
- General
- Command Trait: Lord of Beasts
- Mount Trait: Rimefrost Hide
Firebelly (125)
Icebrow Hunter (125)

Battleline
3 x Icefall Yhetees (120)
3 x Icefall Yhetees (120)
4 x Mournfang Pack (320)
- Gargant Hackers
4 x Mournfang Pack (320)
- Gargant Hackers

Units
2 x Frost Sabres (55)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 116

Obviously there's some room for improvement, SH beastriders are probably better than a 4 model mournfang pack, but I think the FLoTT stocks are way up. This build gives him a 3+/5++ that reduces incoming rend by 1, and has a -1 to be hit in melee. MSU yhetees feel like they might be interesting to block unleash hell and be objective grabbers, and the deepstriking hunter + cats can threaten open objectives although they're mostly there to fill out command entourage.

The one thing I was having trouble deciding was whether to go boulderhead or not. Tribeless would let me either take a CT to stop things retreating from the FLoTT, or Winter Ranger for d3 command points per turn from a hunter (although I think you lose out on the 1 CP per turn if your general is in reserve so that might be weaker in general) although leaving boulderhead would make taking the FLoSH a worse choice since he wouldn't get a free mount trait.

21 minutes ago, Bayul said:

Love that they have Glutttons listed first in the “biggest winners” section. Way to read the room on your own rules GW. 

Gluttons are absolute trash. Unit coherency on top of losing the block purchase discount makes them absolutely dreadful. I am not sure why you’d ever take them over Ironguts or Leadbelchers who are both far more coherency resistant. 

Their analysis on Leadbelchers is good though and I think overlooked in some early comments on here. They are an excellent unit for Unleash Hell

14 hours ago, HostilSpike said:

Honestly feels like we got off better than a lot of factions. 

Just realised the effective 120pts increase on 12 Gluttons, ooooof.

So we don't get the 12man unit discount anymore? or is this still possible?

I'll be testing the new rules as we know them so far tomorrow with my all Gutbusters (or maybe a HoTT to try the priestly class).  Vs Blades of Khorne.  

My initial thoughts are to put the Gluttons in a Vanguard, and run them up as a screen early on.  Then the Ironguts and Leadbelchers can be more choosy about where to go coming up from behind.  If I take Alvagr Ancient on the HoTT near some Ironguts where I think a heavy hitter will charge, then that's a good chance the Ironguts get to eat first.  My friend is a skilled player, but not too much experience with Khorne.  Luckily I have plenty of experience playing with and against Khorne.  Skulls for fiber, blood to wash it down.....

1 minute ago, Sigmarusvult said:

The article is strange, it suggests that you can stack both Bloodbath and All Out Attack on a single unit of Gluttons but in the core rule it is said that a unit cannot receive more than one command ability per phase. 

The recipient of the Bloodbath command is the butcher, who then has an aura.

The new rules still allow stacking command abilities, but you need to have command abilities written for different phases and/or auras.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sigmarusvult said:

So butcher can issue bloodbath and has to receive it even if Bloodbath only affect gluttons that are in the aura? 

Yeah, exactly.
AoSFFOgorMawtribes Jun18 Boxout2d

If you read the ability it asks you to pick a Butcher as a target, and the effect is reroll wounds for gluttons within 12 of the butcher. Most aura command abilities function this way too, like the Frostlord's Bellowing Voice

• Like 1

11 hours ago, HostilSpike said:

So with our Battalions gone, I can't help but wonder what the point of a Huskard on Stonehorn is now. They really should make it a Priest to give it a purpose

Yeah, agreed. Or at least give it a profile that's not strictly worse than the Beastriders. I can't think why I'd take one, now - might have to break the Stonehorn's head off and replace it with a Thundertusk.