AoS 2 - Ogor Mawtribe Discussion

AthelLoren

Ogor Mawtribes Poll  

503 members have voted

1. 1. What tier do you feel Ogors are pre-battletome?

• High-tier
    • Mid-tier
    • Low-tier
  2. 2. What kind of army will you be running?

• Entirely Gutbusters
    • Mostly Gutbusters
    • Mixed forces
    • Mostly Beastclaw Raiders
    • Entirely Beastclaw Raiders

Yeah Skullshards is basically my own 3rd pick.  If I'm running two Frostlords I'll usually take Alvagr, if I've only got one (and the second artefact needs to go on a Huskard) then I'll take Skullshards, because Alvagr is a lot less impactful on a 4+ save.

This is my current Boulderhead list (with Alvagr):

Spoiler

Allegiance: Ogor Mawtribes
- Mawtribe: Boulderhead
Mortal Realm: Shyish

Leaders
Frostlord on Stonehorn (400)
- General
- Command Trait: Lord of Beasts
- Artefact: Brand of the Svard
- Mount Trait: Black Clatterhorn
- Artefact: Alvagr Rune-tokens
- Mount Trait: Metalcruncher
Huskard on Stonehorn (320)
- Blood Vulture
- Mount Trait: Old Granitetooth

Battleline
2 x Mournfang Pack (140)
- Culling Clubs or Prey Hackers with Iron Fists
2 x Mournfang Pack (140)
2 x Mournfang Pack (140)
Stonehorn Beastriders (300)

Battalions
Eurlbad (140)

Total: 1980 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 86

And Bloodgullets (with Skullshards):

Spoiler

- Mawtribe: Bloodgullet

Leaders
- General
- Command Trait: Nice Drop of the Red Stuff!
- Artefact: Splatter-cleaver
- Blood Vulture
- Artefact: Skullshards of Dragaar
Slaughtermaster (140)
- Lore of Gutmagic: Blood Feast
- Bloodgullet 2nd Spell: Molten Entrails

Battleline
12 x Ogor Gluttons (400)
- Pairs of Clubs or Blades
2 x Mournfang Pack (140)
2 x Mournfang Pack (140)

Battalions
Eurlbad (140)

Wounds: 116

They're both strong and fun to run, but I do think the Boulderhead list is probably the stronger of the two tbh.

12 hours ago, PlasticCraic said:

Yeah Skullshards is basically my own 3rd pick.  If I'm running two Frostlords I'll usually take Alvagr, if I've only got one (and the second artefact needs to go on a Huskard) then I'll take Skullshards, because Alvagr is a lot less impactful on a 4+ save.

This is my current Boulderhead list (with Alvagr):

Reveal hidden contents

- Mawtribe: Boulderhead
Mortal Realm: Shyish

Leaders
- General
- Command Trait: Lord of Beasts
- Artefact: Brand of the Svard
- Artefact: Alvagr Rune-tokens
- Blood Vulture
- Mount Trait: Old Granitetooth

Battleline
2 x Mournfang Pack (140)
2 x Mournfang Pack (140)
2 x Mournfang Pack (140)

Battalions
Eurlbad (140)

Wounds: 86

And Bloodgullets (with Skullshards):

Reveal hidden contents

- Mawtribe: Bloodgullet

Leaders
- General
- Command Trait: Nice Drop of the Red Stuff!
- Artefact: Splatter-cleaver
- Blood Vulture
- Artefact: Skullshards of Dragaar
Slaughtermaster (140)
- Lore of Gutmagic: Blood Feast
- Bloodgullet 2nd Spell: Molten Entrails

Battleline
12 x Ogor Gluttons (400)
- Pairs of Clubs or Blades
2 x Mournfang Pack (140)
2 x Mournfang Pack (140)

Battalions
Eurlbad (140)

Wounds: 116

They're both strong and fun to run, but I do think the Boulderhead list is probably the stronger of the two tbh.

How would you change that Boulderhead list in 3.0 without the battalion?

11 hours ago, Malakithe said:

How would you change that Boulderhead list in 3.0 without the battalion?

Honestly I think it's a "ground up" job at that point. We don't know what else will change, and for example it might just swap straight out with one of the new generic Battalions.  

If I was just stripping out the Battalion the first thing is that I'd want some Gnoblar screens in there with the spare points if my drops went up, but really it's a "wait and see" job at this point.

My Chaos themed Sons of Behemat beat my Bloodgullet Stonehorns today.  

FLoSH/splattercleaver/nice drop 

FLoSH

3 SHBRs

2 Slaughtermasters 

vs 

Breaker Tribe (Bossy Pants)

Gatebreaker/ Monstrously Tough/ Portcullis

Gatebreaker

Kraken-Eater

3 Mancrushers 

Battle for the pass, the giants let the Ogors go first.  They moved up and scored 5 points staying as far back needed to score.  

Then the giants moved up with gate breakers on either side, kraken eater stayed in the center back by their own zone objective.  3 Mancrushers unit stayed near the General and helped kill a slaughtermaster near the mawpot in the center with boulder chucking.   General gate breaker killed one frostlord      Other gate breaker failed to do much to the frostlord General and was taken down to like 20 wounds by him and a fellow beastrider.  Giants only scored 3 points turn 1.  

Giants got first turn round 2.  Tried and failed to snipe the other slaughtermaster or do any damage to the the frostlord General with boulders.   Kraken eater kicked that back objective towards the center but only 6” so it was still only worth 1 point cuz still in giant zone.  Worth a try.  He marched forth to help the Skaven gatebreaker.  Ended up finishing off the frostlord General and Skaven mega took down the beastrider to 5 sounds.  Gate breaker general finished off the other slaughtermaster and did a bit of damage to center beastrider.  Mancrushers whooped the ****** out of the left beastrider.  Giants scored 5 points that turn.  

Right beastrider managed to finish off the Skaven mega but then got finished off by kraken eater barely.  General gate breaker narrowly survived and failed to kill the center beastrider. 

Packed it up as those Mancrushers and kraken eater were free for a turn three assault on the center beastrider even if they went second.  

Stonehorn durability only held so long. Scoring density of the giants is potent though they lack great armor or shrug saves.  Boulder head would be better than bloodgullet.  Slaughtermasters are there for the free buffs anyways and the healing of the splatter cleaver is limited.  If the Stonehorns would have gotten the first charges it might have been different but I don’t think that much....or maybe a bunch?!   Eurlbad would have helped I think; HoTT also may have been better but I guess prayers and cauldron pulls are both swingy , as is the frost breath attack.  

Oh yeah , and destroying the enemy Mawpot is pretty fun for giants.  No soup for you!   

• Thanks 1

Cool!  I was wondering how those Wind Aelves perform.  They're fast right?  Not fast enough I guess.

They're like an after-dinner mint for the Gluttons :D

Did your surprise Frost Sabres and Hunter successfully distract some archers?  Wasn't sure if 4 cats would be enough for that.

Edited by Lord Krungharr
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lord Krungharr said:

Cool!  I was wondering how those Wind Aelves perform.  They're fast right?  Not fast enough I guess.

They're like an after-dinner mint for the Gluttons :D

Did your surprise Frost Sabres and Hunter successfully distract some archers?  Wasn't sure if 4 cats would be enough for that.

They ar fast realy fast but hade to come bak to try to save heros and objektivs

Glutons and ironguts klled them like no tomorw

The frostsabers was not enough they killed like one artcher and died in the shoting face

Down to the Ironguts!  Love those guys.  I got Blood Feast on them one time and wow, they clobbered.

I wish Gnoblars could sneak around a board edge if chaparoned by a hero.  Seems like something a bunch of puny goblins would do.  But guess I'll make an Icebrow Hunter.  He and a few cats are pretty cheap and can snag something unguarded perhaps, or even a weakling unprotected hero of some sort.  If they waste a unit's shooting at them for a turn, it might be worth it, as then they're not targeting a better priority unit...like the Ironguts.

Quick/weird question;

been out of the game for a little bit, coming back with a path to glory at the local club. I’m taking a slaughtermaster as my leader (this is set in stone). What’s the best options for the 4 followers? My kneejerk was 2 units of 6 gluttons, or am I missing a better choice?

Edited by Ajay29
  • Like 1

On 5/23/2021 at 11:44 AM, Ajay29 said:

Quick/weird question;

been out of the game for a little bit, coming back with a path to glory at the local club. I’m taking a slaughtermaster as my leader (this is set in stone). What’s the best options for the 4 followers? My kneejerk was 2 units of 6 gluttons, or am I missing a better choice?

Hmmm, I'm not familiar with path to glory, but I'd say Ironguts would be a good thing.  Slaughtermaster can buff them to absurd heights in regular games.  

Thinking ahead to Kragnos, while I'm not sure how actually amazing he'll be as an ally to the Mawtribes, I prepaid for him so thinking:

Underguts/Goremand

Slaughtermaster

3 Gluttons

4 Ironguts

3x6 Leadbelchers

That's at 1340 points.  Hoping Kragnos isn't more than 600, really hoping he's no more than 550 (then he could be with Sons of Behemat too).  Shooties to clear chaff.

Here's my new idea for a mass of Ironguts:

no Tribe

Tyrant (general, Crushing Bulk, Longstrider, Ghur's Gutplate maybe?)

Slaughtermaster (Bloodfeast, Bloodrock Talisman)

3x8 Ironguts (battleline)

2x20 Gnoblars, maybe 1x40 instead for less drops

Tyrants Gutguard

extra CP

1990 total

The Tyrant could make all 3 units of Ironguts fearless on turn 1 I think with 3 CPs to start.  Bloodfeast to give a unit an extra attack, which on Ironguts is awesome.  Gonna give it a whirl next time I get a chance with Gluttons proxying as Ironguts.  

11 hours ago, Lord Krungharr said:

Here's my new idea for a mass of Ironguts:

no Tribe

Tyrant (general, Crushing Bulk, Longstrider, Ghur's Gutplate maybe?)

Slaughtermaster (Bloodfeast, Bloodrock Talisman)

3x8 Ironguts (battleline)

2x20 Gnoblars, maybe 1x40 instead for less drops

Tyrants Gutguard

extra CP

1990 total

The Tyrant could make all 3 units of Ironguts fearless on turn 1 I think with 3 CPs to start.  Bloodfeast to give a unit an extra attack, which on Ironguts is awesome.  Gonna give it a whirl next time I get a chance with Gluttons proxying as Ironguts.  

Thats a scary amount of Ironguts. Ive started making lists without battalions in anticipation of 3.0. Also I wouldnt worry about drops right now since we dont know if drops will be a thing in 3.0

I've been thinking about AoS 3 and the rumour that the board will shrink and I think it could create a window of opportunity for the thunderbellies to shine.

Run and charge on mournfang within 12 of the board edge becomes way better if the size of the board shrinks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Rors said:

I've been thinking about AoS 3 and the rumour that the board will shrink and I think it could create a window of opportunity for the thunderbellies to shine.

Run and charge on mournfang within 12 of the board edge becomes way better if the size of the board shrinks.

Good point, especially since it's the wide dimension (where you can get lost on the periphery) that's changing most.  Worth a try for sure.

Howdy all!

With AOS 3 around the corner, I thought I would post some pictures of my first (of many) Start Collecting to inspire y'all to get some paint on your chonccy bois! Enjoy some cool (If poor) pictures of the Rubblebelt Raiders! Comments and Criticism welcome, Cheers!

Lord Choncc.jpg

Mournfang.jpg

Lord Choncc Zoom.jpg

Mournfang Zoom.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, Pariah255 said:

Howdy all!

With AOS 3 around the corner, I thought I would post some pictures of my first (of many) Start Collecting to inspire y'all to get some paint on your chonccy bois! Enjoy some cool (If poor) pictures of the Rubblebelt Raiders! Comments and Criticism welcome, Cheers!

Lord Choncc.jpg

Mournfang.jpg

Lord Choncc Zoom.jpg

Mournfang Zoom.jpg

Mate those markings on the Stonehorn are insane!! I love them!!

Hi All,

I'm new to the game and would like to start an Ogor Mawtribe army. I want to go gutbuster heavy and later maybe one frostlord on stonehorn orso. I am playing 40k and used to play Warhammer fantasy, So I'm kind of familliar with the game.

But is this a good time to start? Or should I wait till the new edition is out, to see whats gonna work and what not?

Do you reckon new battlethomes will come out soon after the new edition? Or will we stay with the current one for a while?

All advice is welcome, thanks!

P.s. sorry if there's some typos, English is not my first language.

12 minutes ago, yacob said:

Hi All,

I'm new to the game and would like to start an Ogor Mawtribe army. I want to go gutbuster heavy and later maybe one frostlord on stonehorn orso. I am playing 40k and used to play Warhammer fantasy, So I'm kind of familliar with the game.

But is this a good time to start? Or should I wait till the new edition is out, to see whats gonna work and what not?

Do you reckon new battlethomes will come out soon after the new edition? Or will we stay with the current one for a while?

All advice is welcome, thanks!

P.s. sorry if there's some typos, English is not my first language.

If you're okay buying second hand models there's likely going to be an increase in people off loading old armies with the start of 3rd to start something new/adapt to a new meta.

You'll potential get a new army for a whole lot cheaper.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rors said:

If you're okay buying second hand models there's likely going to be an increase in people off loading old armies with the start of 3rd to start something new/adapt to a new meta.

You'll potential get a new army for a whole lot cheaper.

Yes, I was already looking on trolltrader and I can get a whole 1000 points army for like 100/150 euro's. I was thinking to start with 12 gluttons, 8 Ironguts, 4 Leadbelchers, Icebrow Hunter and a Slaughtermaster. Then I probably only have to buy the Slaughtermaster and a Mawpot new. Later I can expend it with some Frostlord and other cool stuff. Would that be good start you'd reckon?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think 12 gluttons is scary but they can only be in one place at a time and they'll be targeted by anything with range. Multiple units might give you more board control. Same goes for iron guts.

A firebelly can create an aura of -1 which might be helpful to protect your units as they hit very hard but lack the armour to take many hits back. Could be worthwhile as an alternative to the hunter.