AoS 2 - Ogor Mawtribe Discussion

AthelLoren

Ogor Mawtribes Poll  

503 members have voted

1. 1. What tier do you feel Ogors are pre-battletome?

• High-tier
    • Mid-tier
    • Low-tier
  2. 2. What kind of army will you be running?

• Entirely Gutbusters
    • Mostly Gutbusters
    • Mixed forces
    • Mostly Beastclaw Raiders
    • Entirely Beastclaw Raiders

Points!

Ironblaster 120
Scraplauncher 120
Ogor Gluttons 120 (for 3) / 400 (for 12)
Stonehorn Beastriders 300
Thundertusk Beastriders 300
Butcher 140
Firebelly 120
Hunter 120
Slaughtermaster 140
Tyrant 160
Frostlord on Stonehorn 400
Frostlord on Thundertusk 390
Huskard on Stonehorn 320
Huskard on Thundertusk 340
Frost Sabres 40 (for 2)
Gorgers 80
Gnoblars 100 (for 20) / 270 (for 60)
Yhetees 110 (for 3)
Ironguts 220 (for 4)
Leadbelchers 80 (for 2)
Maneaters 180 (for 3)
Mournfangs 140 (for 2)
Gutbuster Warglutt 80
Tyrant's Gutguard 120
Goremand 140
Butcher's Band 140
Junkmob 100
Alfrostun 80
Jorlbad 120
Eurlbad 140
Torrbad 120
Skal 100
Great Mawpot 0

Edited by Gareth 🍄
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

The nerfeated thunderstrusk for the same cost... Ridicolous (only 30p less with the frostlord). Must be exist extraordinary habilities of alliange for become good this sobrecosted monster.

For tother band, the frostloord on tonehorn for 400 is decent... But,  I'm expected for the mountain traits, in comparisson with other actual monsters as ghoul king on therrorgeist, keepers or the orruk in dragon of 460p, the beastclaw need better habilities than the showed for GW.

Good for the other units.

Edited by Sartxac

Looks like they just kept the old prices for the most part. Ironblaster at 120 explains why they didn't buff it much, really would have preferred larger buffs and a price increase, it's arguably the most complex model in the whole Gutbuster range to paint, I'm not going to have a stack of them no matter how cheap they are to field.

As expected, they still heavily overrate the Thundertusk, a model that is good at nothing.

GHB Price Comparisons I guess:

Both Butcher variants staying at 140 is a little weird, they went to the trouble of fixing the butcher with cauldron being a no-brainer no cost upgrade, and then didn't make the regular butcher any cheaper. Does anything the Butcher have equal the cauldron ability on the Slaughtermaster?

Gorgers went up 20 points, from 60 to 80.

Iron Guts got very slightly cheaper at 220 for 4 vs 180 for 3, a price savings of 20 points.

Leadbelchers slightly cheaper also at 80 for 2 vs 140 for 3.

Thundertusk Beastriders went down 20 points.

Frostlord went down 20 points on Stonehorn/30 points on Thundertusk

Huskard on Thundertusk went down 20 points

Everything else stayed the same.

So they did actually cheapen the Thundertusk slightly across the board, just not enough given that it was always overcosted. The fact that there were almost no price-adjustments in general though suggests they were taking a very conservative approach, we'll have to wait and see in next years GHB probably, it's too soon for them to be adjusted in the Winter FAQ.

• Sad 1

I am honestly very disappointed. I try to be not so negative, but everything which GW released for Destruction this year (despite Gloomspite Gitz) seems pretty mediocre rules-wise. They even nerfed our strongest units again. So even our only good unit (Thundertusk) is not worth taking anymore. And even after some of these nerfs they didn't really adjust anything points-wise.

I mean they were so many new battletomes and they often included better rules for most of the models.  But everytime something is released for Destruction it always turns out to be pretty mediocre or bad. 😞 

I have honestly expected so much more rules-wise. I still buy the book. But I have the feeling this will be one of the only Destruction releases for a long time. And for me, at least, it seems pretty mediocre.

The adjustments, again, seem like GW only listened to players fighting against BCR instead of the people who really play BCR.

Edit: But maybe I shouldn't been complaining. I have been waiting for a battletome since the beginning of AoS. Maybe there are rule-combinations which turn out to be great, which I don't realize at this moment. But all I have seen seems pretty mediocre to bad. Sorry if I might have been too negative. I know that negativity is not liked in these forums. But I just needed to express my frustration somewhere, because I waited such a long time for this and it hasn't turned out that great. 

Edited by Infeston
  • Sad 2

15 minutes ago, Infeston said:

I am honestly very disappointed. I try to be not so negative, but everything which GW released for Destruction this year (despite Gloomspite Gitz) seems pretty mediocre rules-wise. They even nerfed our strongest units again. So even our only good unit (Thundertusk) is not worth taking anymore. And even after all some of these nerfs they didn't really adjust anything points-wise.

I mean they were so many new battletomes and they often included better rules for most of the models.  But everytime something is released for Destruction it always turns out to be pretty mediocre or bad. 😞 

I have honestly expected so much more rules-wise. I still buy the book. But I have the feeling this will be one of the only Destruction releases for a long time. And for me, at least, it seems pretty mediocre.

The adjustments, again, seem like GW only listened to players fighting against BCR instead of the people who really play BCR.

Edit: But maybe I shouldn't been complaining. I have been waiting for a battletome since the beginning of AoS. Maybe there are rule-combinations which turn out to be great, which I don't realize at this moment. But all I have seen seems pretty mediocre to bad. Sorry if I might have been to negative. I know that negativity is not liked in these forums. But I just needed to express my frustration somewhere, because I waited such a long time for this and it hasn't turned out that great. 

I'm with you.

With the cp for attack as the monster didn't receive damage, i was thinking that the thunderstruk would be a extraordinary good unit (6MH range 18") always regardless the damage. The AOS ultra sniper. GW just killed this dream.

Edited by Sartxac

Command Traits

Tyrant
1. Furious Guzzler: at the start of your hero phase you can heal d3 wounds to your general if they're eating
2. Prodigious Girth: add 2 to general's wounds characteristic
3. Killer Reputation: general can take a 2nd big name. No duplicates.
4. Mighty Bellower: enemy units who fail battleshock within 6" of this general, an additional d3 models flee.
5. An Eye for Loot: the one previewed. RR hits and wounds in melee vs enemy w/ artefact
6. Crushing Bulk: general is treated as a monster for Trampling Charge

Butcher
1. Questionable Hygiene: subtract 1 for hit rolls for enemies within 6" of this general
2. Herald of the Gulping God: whilst this general is eating, friendly units wholly within 12" dont need to take battleshock tests.
3. Growling Stomach: subtract 2 from enemy bravery within 12" of this general whilst they are hungry.
4. Gastromancer: this general knows all spells from the Lore of Gutmagic
5. Rolls of Fat: add 2 to general's wounds characteristic
6. Spell-eater: previewed one where you can get an extra spell for dispelling endless spells

These are the ones I could be bothered to type out. Not so fussed on the BCR stuff but it's in the pic

Screenshot_20191026-122013_YouTube.jpg

• Like 2

And all these point changes also seem so low-effort. The Butcher and the Slaughtermaster are the perfect examples for this. The Slaughtermaster has everything which the Butcher has + the great Cauldron. Why are they the same points? I have the feeling the person who adjusted the points didn't even really look at the warscrolls before changing anything.

I don't really understand the reasoning behind these changes. All the changes seem so passionless to me. Like someone had to do the job to write the rules, who didn't want to write them or who realised shortly before the Deadline that he had to write a book. 😞 

Edit: The Command Traits seem to be pretty interesting to me

Edited by Infeston

34 minutes ago, Infeston said:

Edit: But maybe I shouldn't been complaining. I have been waiting for a battletome since the beginning of AoS. Maybe there are rule-combinations which turn out to be great, which I don't realize at this moment. But all I have seen seems pretty mediocre to bad. Sorry if I might have been too negative. I know that negativity is not liked in these forums. But I just needed to express my frustration somewhere, because I waited such a long time for this and it hasn't turned out that great

It’s fine. But I really like your post as a whole. It kind of sums up the whole thought process. From a tournament perspective not the best on paper (still think people are seriously underestimating 12 gluttons though) to your final note. It’s something we’ve been waiting for, for a long time. Not every release will be Slaanesh OP. But this is my release so I’m happy anyway. If I ever get the urge to be the best (cue Pokemon theme) I’m going have to catch the hype train at that moment anyway for the best factions.

and I’m sure as ****** happy that we got a cool new model because that one tyrant outshines the whole Bonereapers range for me. 

as long as the rules are fun and flavourful I’m happy to bring them any day. And as far as I can tell this tome will keep me a happy gamer for a while.  

5 minutes ago, Infeston said:

And all these point changes also seem so low-effort. The Butcher and the Slaughtermaster are the perfect examples for this. The Slaughtermaster has everything which the Butcher has + the great Cauldron. Why are they the same points? I have the feeling the person who adjusted the points didn't even really look at the warscrolls before changing anything.

I don't really understand the reasoning behind these changes. All the changes seem so passionless to me. Like someone had to do the job to write the rules, who didn't want to write them or who realised shortly before the Deadline that he had to write a book. 😞 

Edit: The Command Traits seem to be pretty interesting to me

I guess we hope for reasonable adjustments to our points down the line?

So let’s see....while some of the warscrolls remain underwhelming, we have in spells:

-a nice flat +1 attack

-a hero sniping d6 mortals (that also adds +1 to their attacks, but for wizards/support heroes I like it)

-a “subtract 1 from a units attack characteristic” debuff 

-a -1 to hit us aura

-a 12” Gaunt Summoner-esque spell that does mortals on 4+ 😮

-a +1 damage to mounts (Stornhorns??)

Not that these are guaranteed or anything but these are REALLY solid spells.

It does seem weird that both butchers cost the same..

Edited by FPC

So Mournfang Pack...mostly unchanged.

Culling Club hits on 3s now, which combined with fixed iron fist makes it by far the superior weapon choice. Huge bummer for me, as I only built the Hackers.

Hacker profile is unchanged, mount profile also looks the same except that instead of impact hits on the charge (which they get anyway from the allegiance ability) the mount attacks are damage 2 when charging, damage 3 if you have a Huskard on Stonehorn dropping a command point.

Definitely thinking Bloodgullet looks very strong. Extra spells and casting, reroll wounds for Gluttons as a CA,  6” pile ins, and healing if a butcher does wounds in combat. Thinking Glutton horde.

Also really think the indifference to the warscroll/point changes is a bit misplaced. Ogors of all kinds are now patently better. Not on the warscrolls mind you, but the potential for mortals on the charge, hungry/eating buffs, some GREAT spells, actual allegiance abilities and subfactions, bite attack, and, all cheaper for the most part across the board.  A buddy of mine made the point that Sylvaneth saw few major warscroll changes, but was much improved due to all the peripheral stuff.  Ogors probably don’t depose Slaanesh/Skaven/DoK anytime soon, but I don’t think any Destruction factions generally will.

• Like 1

Now that we have the full spread of rules, I'm thinking the potential reach of thunderbelly mournfangs is absolutely insane.  Keening gale +3". Jorlbad +D6", Hungry +2", and then run and charge near the table edge makes for a staggering amount of movement on a flank.  without gale you're going 11"+2d6" +2d6" which is 21" threat range on conservative rolling (5 on 2d6)

14 minutes ago, FPC said:

Definitely thinking Bloodgullet looks very strong. Extra spells and casting, reroll wounds for Gluttons as a CA,  6” pile ins, and healing if a butcher does wounds in combat. Thinking Glutton horde.

Also really think the indifference to the warscroll/point changes is a bit misplaced. Ogors of all kinds are now patently better. Not on the warscrolls mind you, but the potential for mortals on the charge, hungry/eating buffs, some GREAT spells, actual allegiance abilities and subfactions, bite attack, and, all cheaper for the most part across the board.  A buddy of mine made the point that Sylvaneth saw few major warscroll changes, but was much improved due to all the peripheral stuff.  Ogors probably don’t depose Slaanesh/Skaven/DoK anytime soon, but I don’t think any Destruction factions generally will.

Yeah blood gullet is what I was looking at. The pile in is the best bit for me, really counters the weakness of large bases with 1 inch weapons. Obviously you want to be running 12 glutton blocks.

The battalions are fairly easy to fill too, so not too hard to grab an extra cp, artefact and reduce the drop count. 

I wonder if the cogs spell might be handy too. 

4 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

Yeah blood gullet is what I was looking at. The pile in is the best bit for me, really counters the weakness of large bases with 1 inch weapons. Obviously you want to be running 12 glutton blocks.

The battalions are fairly easy to fill too, so not too hard to grab an extra cp, artefact and reduce the drop count. 

I wonder if the cogs spell might be handy too. 

12 is nice for the discount. I’m wondering if a few 9s will be ok too. Gets the 4+ charge mortals, is less unwieldy, and they don’t need 10 for wound rerolls.

EDIT: however...thinking about it more, targeted buffs are better on 12, ie. the very good Bloodgullet CA.

Edited by FPC

So far everythings looks quite good to me. There are several really cool synnergies that are also flavorfull. For example the Mawfist Tribe with 12 Gluttons, a Slaughtermaster with the Stonebite and the Command Abbility allows to chew through the enemy.

Also Thundertusks and Scraplaunchers are really neat ways to deal some harm to enemy hordes. I belive from what I saw in general that Mawtribes will scare the horde meta a bit away. Gutbusters Battalions seem suprisingly easy to achive and if the rumoured points are true they are also quite achiveble.

I also love the Artifacts. The fact that they are tied to special weapons allows gw stronger buffs as broken combinations can be easier avoided.

But the bigest question I still have: Which units are Battlelines now? And also I still have to get my head around which of the big Mawtribes work the best with which units. In general buffs seem to apply mostly to single warscrolls.

Edit: Ok, found the Battlelines. Gluttons unconditional. BCR Battlelines if BCR General, Ironguts and Leadbelchers (4+ models) with a Gutbusters General, and Frostsabers and Yheetees are cound to certain Heroes. All in all a big and diverse list.

Edited by Charleston
  • Like 1