WA Champion (first attempt at NMM)

RuneBrush

I'm off to Warhammer Achievements in a few weeks time, so am in the process of converting up a champion model for my Legion of Grief.  As I get an extra achievement point for trying to do NMM, I thought I'd go the whole hog and paint all of the armour in NMM!

Basic concept is the model is principally a suit of armour filled with souls, on his warscroll he get a pistol attack, so I'm leaning on the narrative and the floating spirits are going to act as his ranged attack.  He's going to have a skull for a head (likely floating on a piece of wire) and I've whittled a scythe out of plasticard and putty - didn't want to glue it in place for fear of breaking it.

The armour trim is going to be black (I've done one shin-pad and the skull on the other) as this ties into the rest of the army and ensures that he doesn't start veering into looking like a Tzeentch model.

I've actually really enjoyed doing this.  It's very much a case of you can't rush getting the blends right and overall I'd say that the blends are reasonable.  I certainly need to brush up on my theory on where to place reflections - the concept of more than one light source baffled me for this too (I stuck with one), but certainly something I'll have a play with in the future.

EG8zj2vXkAEeE_t.jpg:large

• Like 6

On 10/17/2019 at 12:01 AM, Warmill said:

That's beautiful, I never know how people manage such fine beushwork!

Bit of practice and not rushing things if I'm honest!  Having a comfortable working area is also a massive contributor.  If you're working in an uncomfortable or cramped environment that won't help!

• 2 weeks later...

Bit of an update since I last posted - and infact the base has been almost finished since this pic too!

EHRe-WEWkAAwmA9.jpg:large

EHRe_UMXUAMIghh.jpg:large

Just need to finish the rocks, the Scythe and glue the head in place 🙂  Would like to push the highlights on the spirits but think that'll have to come afterwards

• LOVE IT! 1