With Cities of Sigmar now a thing, what Made to Order runs do you want?

Kyriakin

26 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

Getting any Archers to me is not yet possible under some $80.

I think I'm just going to invest in more greenstuff to change my bretonnian archer bodies to be more like the empire archers.

Yeah, that is steep. Mind you theres nothing that actually says that a freeguild army has to be in the Imperial style, rather than the Bretonnian style.

9 minutes ago, EccentricCircle said:

Yeah, that is steep. Mind you theres nothing that actually says that a freeguild army has to be in the Imperial style, rather than the Bretonnian style.

Empire archers are squatted as well, I simply really like them and would gladly use them as shadow warriors (of course, armed with swords). This mimics the hunters I use in the Markus Wulfhart campaign somewhat.

My Outriders use Bretonnian horses (to distinguish them easily from the Pistoleers), my Bretonnian Knights have received a crossbow, and are now Dark Riders (atop Empire Knight horses, and joined by them)), and my Crossbowmen all use Bretonnian Bowmen bodies, so I am far from pure in my Empire outfit. (I do try and use helmets that fit though, because Greathelms are the one thing that absolutely stands out as ridiculous to me combined with a ranged weapon)

Edited by zilberfrid
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

Empire archers are squatted as well, I simply really like them and would gladly use them as shadow warriors (of course, armed with swords). This mimics the hunters I use in the Markus Wulfhart campaign somewhat.

My Outriders use Bretonnian horses (to distinguish them easily from the Pistoleers), my Bretonnian Knights have received a crossbow, and are now Dark Riders (atop Empire Knight horses, and joined by them)), and my Crossbowmen all use Bretonnian Bowmen bodies, so I am far from pure in my Empire outfit. (I do try and use helmets that fit though, because Greathelms are the one thing that absolutely stands out as ridiculous to me combined with a ranged weapon)

Nice. My European themed freeguild consists of mostly old Empire pike and shot men, greatswords and cannon, mixed with Bretonnian Archers. My knights have a mix of bretonnian and Empire riders on Bretonnian horses. Plus a gondorian trebuchet for good measure.

The mordheim freelance knight model would be nice to see again. I was holding out hope for a new plastic General with the cities release but it was not to be and that guy would be a good stand in.  Most of the made to order classics though I have managed to source over the years on eBay. The other set I would like to get is the empire villagers. Some very characterful models right there.

• Like 1

On 10/8/2019 at 11:12 PM, mojojojo101 said:

If they had the old 7th edition exectutioners, the ones without the stupid skull masks, I would buy tonnes of them. Probably my favourite models from when I played as a kid that I then ruined and lost :(

I bought 20 more some time ago and while they rarely saw the table... i mostly bought them for painting. They are a real treat to paint 😍

On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 7:02 PM, Not-not-kenny said:

Do you mean the old versions of those units? 'Cause all of those kits are still in production.

As for me, it'd be the old empire engineers (even the mechanical steed one) or the old bright mage, I mean just look at this madman!

In the meantime you can sculpt your own very similar flames. I found that it takes quite a long time but its not technically difficult.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wK_pVa1JUPE.

On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 10:55 PM, Barbossal said:

Kislev.

Have you seen the Scibor dwarven bears? Can't use them at GW event obviously but they are amazing looking sculpts. They're not cheap but they're not more expensive than typical GW prices either.

https://www.sciborminiatures.com/en_,shop.php?group=139

They do one bear with a cannon which I'm very tempted by for a steam tank proxy.

On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 8:04 PM, Barbossal said:

Thought a bit more about this - and aside from the entirey of Kislev, I think a few choice selections from Dogs of War could be a ton of fun.

Lumpin Croop's Fighting ****** & the Halfling Hotpot

Long Drong's Slayer Pirates

I second both of these.