AoS 2 HammerHal

Acid_Nine

I have a rules question. Normally per the core rules a weapon type artifact can only affect a weapon of a hero and not the hero's mount attacks. However, since the twin stones artifact creates a bubble of +1 to hit for melee attacks by all friendly hallowheart units, it isnt really directly affecting an attack profile of the bearer as a normal weapon artifact. So, it would seem to me, since the artifact is creating an area buff that applies to all hallowheart units within the aoe, and not directly buffing the hero's attacks like a weapon artifact, this would bypass the normal mount restriction right? The +1 to hit would also apply to the griffin attacks on a freeguild general on griffin?

I guess the same question could apply to the aggressive general and blood of the twelve command traits too. Since these command traits or artifacts create an aoe buff that affects all hallowheart units in range then the bearer of the artifact would have that effect applied not as a result of being the bearer of the artifact, but rather as a result of being a unit in range of that effect and therefore would be treated like any other unit?

I figure this must be something that has been deliberated on and decided right? It would seem so odd if these aura buffs would apply to a nearby freeguild general's griffin but arbitrarily wouldnt apply to the griffin being ridden by the bearer just because they are the bearer. I feel like the core rule is intended for artifacts that are weapons and command traits that refer to the physicality or strength of the general themself as opposed to saying an aura of effect created by an artifact or command trait can't affect the bearer's mount. Would someone let me know if there is an faq or errata somewhere that answers this question? 

I see the core rules faq that says an artifact cant affect the bearer's mount. Its a very general statement, so i guess unless there is a more specific faq somewhere that says otherwise the answer to my questions is no. Just sems so bizarre to me that auras like that will affect all mounts except for the bearer's. Makes me want to throw an artefact like that on a fast moving cheap hero just to follow around a behemoth leader, but thats probably not worth it

Edited by ccconner777

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/2/2020 at 7:49 PM, ccconner777 said:

I have a rules question. Normally per the core rules a weapon type artifact can only affect a weapon of a hero and not the hero's mount attacks. However, since the twin stones artifact creates a bubble of +1 to hit for melee attacks by all friendly hallowheart units, it isnt really directly affecting an attack profile of the bearer as a normal weapon artifact. So, it would seem to me, since the artifact is creating an area buff that applies to all hallowheart units within the aoe, and not directly buffing the hero's attacks like a weapon artifact, this would bypass the normal mount restriction right? The +1 to hit would also apply to the griffin attacks on a freeguild general on griffin?

I guess the same question could apply to the aggressive general and blood of the twelve command traits too. Since these command traits or artifacts create an aoe buff that affects all hallowheart units in range then the bearer of the artifact would have that effect applied not as a result of being the bearer of the artifact, but rather as a result of being a unit in range of that effect and therefore would be treated like any other unit?

I figure this must be something that has been deliberated on and decided right? It would seem so odd if these aura buffs would apply to a nearby freeguild general's griffin but arbitrarily wouldnt apply to the griffin being ridden by the bearer just because they are the bearer. I feel like the core rule is intended for artifacts that are weapons and command traits that refer to the physicality or strength of the general themself as opposed to saying an aura of effect created by an artifact or command trait can't affect the bearer's mount. Would someone let me know if there is an faq or errata somewhere that answers this question? 

I see the core rules faq that says an artifact cant affect the bearer's mount. Its a very general statement, so i guess unless there is a more specific faq somewhere that says otherwise the answer to my questions is no. Just sems so bizarre to me that auras like that will affect all mounts except for the bearer's. Makes me want to throw an artefact like that on a fast moving cheap hero just to follow around a behemoth leader, but thats probably not worth it

I believe the "unless stated otherwise" as seen in the core rules is important here.

Twin Stones for instance say friendly units wholly within 12", which includes itself. So you will get the buff for all of the profiles on the hero + mount.

An example where this is not stated is Ironoak Artisan command trait in living city. That says "this general", which excludes the mount.

• 1 month later...

So after 10 months of working with Freeguild of Hammerhal, I've now come up with my perfected Semi-competitive to potentially competitive list. I reckon it can go 3-2 at a tournament depending on matchups/ missions. It has a roughly 75% winrate vs StoD and so far a 100% winrate vs Tempest's Eye. Unfortunately I can't test against other armies due to the pandemic, but I go up against strong shooting or board control every game, both with high armor.

The purpose of this post is to help other people with their lists, and not to improve what I already have.

This list usually generates an additional CP a turn thanks to banners, 2 if I'm lucky, and combined with the 1CP from the battalion gives it a healthy number to work with. Note I do not have any retinues/ adjutants in this list, nor do I need one.

Heroes:

My list has just 2 heroes, however both are reasonably durable. The meta is not kind to single foot heroes with all the magic and shooting going on, and frankly, there are none that fit this aggressive list. I originally ran Saint's Blade on my Griffon, but found it to be overkill most of the time, so I've now opted for +1 save. The Griffon takes opportunistic high priority picks, but I try to reserve him for turn 2-3 if I can. His Knights will be doing most of the work, and so he needs to stay alive. Blood of the Twelve ensures consistency of damage.

The Luminark is more valuable than the Hurricanum in this build, especially because I gave him Twinstone. I do not rely on its magic, but in the 50% of games I get to play in Hysh, it does become more reliable. In a single caster build, the Luminark does not need to juggle Wings of Fire with Cindercloud, thanks to Pha's Protection. While it's not a powerful caster, nor are its spells critical, it is a useful toolbox which has a spell for everything; an emergency hoard clear with Burning Gaze, durability with Pha's Protection, or mobility with Wing's of Fire. The Searing Beam of Light racks up good damage over the game and forces the opponent to move units in ways they wouldn't normally have to. This is also great for bullying small heroes. The Luminark is usually beside my Greatswords, and proxies as a Freeguild hero thanks to Twinstone.

Core:

My core consists of my 30 Greatswords and 20 Gunners. The recent points drop of the Greatswords put them back on the table, and in this build they are critical to the success of the Lancers. Through trial and error, I've discovered that Hammerhalian Lancers works best when there's a second big threat on the table, that being the Greatswords. They will blend whatever they touch, but actually serve as an extremely bright distraction, as if they're ignored they will annihilate a front line. When protected by a Luminark, they usually last long enough to do their job, and fight over objectives, but again, their purpose is to create breathing room for the Lancers.

The 20 Gunners simply provide fire support, and in some circumstances, are used to screen. I do not have a Freeguild General in this list, as this list is too aggressive for standing still, and I find the game moves too quickly for him, and so he has no place in this list. Gunners are important for peeling stragglers off Demigryphs.

Support Elements:

Two units of 10 guard are my support in this list. They provide screens and objective holders. Note the reason I have 10 Halberdiers and not shields is because they're painted, and anything hitting either unit will destroy them anyway. (They're also Manann's Blades).

The Hammer:

My hammer is a minimum sized Hammerhalian Lancers battalion. I often deploy 1 unit on one side of the board, while 2 units work alongside my Griffon. One obviously won't be getting the benefits of the battalion, but some missions require the flexibility. I usually hide them in cover until they get the chance to charge, or against aggressive lists, I put out a screen to net fast units or stall them, and then counter strike. Sometimes, a bold unit sprinting up the center of the board with an At the Double can serve as a spanner and/ or distraction in the works, as they require a dedicated enemy unit to remove, and if ignored in favor of the main battalion, will be in a prime spot for later turns. The Lancers are great at coming from multiple angles, with the Griffon pinning targets while the Knights deliver the blow. They regularly run through 30 2+/3+ save Longbeards or StoD something with reroll saves and ward save. Their damage is great, and usually won't get bogged down unless caught out of position, which is another element which is critical to its success; positioning and foresight is the most important thing to consider when using this battalion, as it relies on them charging. This is why the Greatswords creating breathing room is so important, as without them, the opponent will just castle the side that the lancers are on. They can however fight better than most other cavalry off the charge, so a protracted fight is not always a failure. The goal of the Hammerhalian Lancers is to plow straight through a flank of the enemy, and to keep activating with Righteous Purpose to dig farther and farther into the center of the board. With good charge rolls and enough CP (which is likely), the whole battalion can be fighting twice, and carving through the flank. If multiple units are tagged they'll be causing a chain reaction of pile ins, blunted retaliations and 2nd activations that can win through causing the enemy's force to crumble frighteningly fast, while maintaining a strong infantry presence elsewhere on the board.

Do be aware that in missions where the territories are smaller, you will need to be even more careful with your targets. Unfortunately, Hammerhal is weaker in these missions, but that's not to say they can't win. If playing the missions with full territory coverage, Freeguild of Hammerhal can be a very potent force.

Weaknesses:

Mortal wounds are a problem, and so the Luminark is important even just to save some wounds.

Movement disruption is another weakness, such as Be'lakor, Khorne Daemon Princes and Endless Spell blocks, however Wings of Fire is a useful tool for these situations. I've become so used to these disruptions that they're rarely a problem for me anymore, and just add to the positioning game the Lancers need to play. With enough experience, they shouldn't be stopping you too often.

Other Advice:

This is a 6 drop list, so it's quite possible to decide who goes first. Unless the scenario requires a quick objective grab, aim to go second, even against a shooting army that wants to attack first. You need the opponent to move up first before you can commit to a Lancer charge. If they're not budging, throw your Greatswords forwards and bait them; they're a juicy target and open up areas to exploit if the bait is taken.

Place your Demigryphs in cover during set up if you're concerned with alpha strikes; a 2+ save ought to keep them safe. Keep the Griffon safe at all costs. Use the Guard to create space.

ywRtVwE.jpg

Edited by Dankboss
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dankboss said:

So after 10 months of working with Freeguild of Hammerhal, I've now come up with my perfected Semi-competitive to potentially competitive list. I reckon it can go 3-2 at a tournament depending on matchups/ missions. It has a roughly 75% winrate vs StoD and so far a 100% winrate vs Tempest's Eye. Unfortunately I can't test against other armies due to the pandemic, but I go up against strong shooting or board control every game, both with high armor.

The purpose of this post is to help other people with their lists, and not to improve what I already have.

This list usually generates an additional CP a turn thanks to banners, 2 if I'm lucky, and combined with the 1CP from the battalion gives it a healthy number to work with. Note I do not have any retinues/ adjutants in this list, nor do I need one.

Heroes:

My list has just 2 heroes, however both are reasonably durable. The meta is not kind to single foot heroes with all the magic and shooting going on, and frankly, there are none that fit this aggressive list. I originally ran Saint's Blade on my Griffon, but found it to be overkill most of the time, so I've now opted for +1 save. The Griffon takes opportunistic high priority picks, but I try to reserve him for turn 2-3 if I can. His Knights will be doing most of the work, and so he needs to stay alive. Blood of the Twelve ensures consistency of damage.

The Luminark is more valuable than the Hurricanum in this build, especially because I gave him Twinstone. I do not rely on its magic, but in the 50% of games I get to play in Hysh, it does become more reliable. In a single caster build, the Luminark does not need to juggle Wings of Fire with Cindercloud, thanks to Pha's Protection. While it's not a powerful caster, nor are its spells critical, it is a useful toolbox which has a spell for everything; an emergency hoard clear with Burning Gaze, durability with Pha's Protection, or mobility with Wing's of Fire. The Searing Beam of Light racks up good damage over the game and forces the opponent to move units in ways they wouldn't normally have to. This is also great for bullying small heroes. The Luminark is usually beside my Greatswords, and proxies as a Freeguild hero thanks to Twinstone.

Core:

My core consists of my 30 Greatswords and 20 Gunners. The recent points drop of the Greatswords put them back on the table, and in this build they are critical to the success of the Lancers. Through trial and error, I've discovered that Hammerhalian Lancers works best when there's a second big threat on the table, that being the Greatswords. They will blend whatever they touch, but actually serve as an extremely bright distraction, as if they're ignored they will annihilate a front line. When protected by a Luminark, they usually last long enough to do their job, and fight over objectives, but again, their purpose is to create breathing room for the Lancers.

The 20 Gunners simply provide fire support, and in some circumstances, are used to screen. I do not have a Freeguild General in this list, as this list is too aggressive for standing still, and I find the game moves too quickly for him, and so he has no place in this list. Gunners are important for peeling stragglers off Demigryphs.

Support Elements:

Two units of 10 guard are my support in this list. They provide screens and objective holders. Note the reason I have 10 Halberdiers and not shields is because they're painted, and anything hitting either unit will destroy them anyway. (They're also Manann's Blades).

The Hammer:

My hammer is a minimum sized Hammerhalian Lancers battalion. I often deploy 1 unit on one side of the board, while 2 units work alongside my Griffon. One obviously won't be getting the benefits of the battalion, but some missions require the flexibility. I usually hide them in cover until they get the chance to charge, or against aggressive lists, I put out a screen to net fast units or stall them, and then counter strike. Sometimes, a bold unit sprinting up the center of the board with an At the Double can serve as a spanner and/ or distraction in the works, as they require a dedicated enemy unit to remove, and if ignored in favor of the main battalion, will be in a prime spot for later turns. The Lancers are great at coming from multiple angles, with the Griffon pinning targets while the Knights deliver the blow. They regularly run through 30 2+/3+ save Longbeards or StoD something with reroll saves and ward save. Their damage is great, and usually won't get bogged down unless caught out of position, which is another element which is critical to its success; positioning and foresight is the most important thing to consider when using this battalion, as it relies on them charging. This is why the Greatswords creating breathing room is so important, as without them, the opponent will just castle the side that the lancers are on. They can however fight better than most other cavalry off the charge, so a protracted fight is not always a failure. The goal of the Hammerhalian Lancers is to plow straight through a flank of the enemy, and to keep activating with Righteous Purpose to dig farther and farther into the center of the board. With good charge rolls and enough CP (which is likely), the whole battalion can be fighting twice, and carving through the flank. If multiple units are tagged they'll be causing a chain reaction of pile ins, blunted retaliations and 2nd activations that can win through causing the enemy's force to crumble frighteningly fast, while maintaining a strong infantry presence elsewhere on the board.

Do be aware that in missions where the territories are smaller, you will need to be even more careful with your targets. Unfortunately, Hammerhal is weaker in these missions, but that's not to say they can't win. If playing the missions with full territory coverage, Freeguild of Hammerhal can be a very potent force.

Weaknesses:

Mortal wounds are a problem, and so the Luminark is important even just to save some wounds.

Movement disruption is another weakness, such as Be'lakor, Khorne Daemon Princes and Endless Spell blocks, however Wings of Fire is a useful tool for these situations. I've become so used to these disruptions that they're rarely a problem for me anymore, and just add to the positioning game the Lancers need to play. With enough experience, they shouldn't be stopping you too often.

Other Advice:

This is a 6 drop list, so it's quite possible to decide who goes first. Unless the scenario requires a quick objective grab, aim to go second, even against a shooting army that wants to attack first. You need the opponent to move up first before you can commit to a Lancer charge. If they're not budging, throw your Greatswords forwards and bait them; they're a juicy target and open up areas to exploit if the bait is taken.

Place your Demigryphs in cover during set up if you're concerned with alpha strikes; a 2+ save ought to keep them safe. Keep the Griffon safe at all costs. Use the Guard to create space.

ywRtVwE.jpg

Before I dig in I'd be interested to hear what other iterations you have tried and why you didn't like those as much! If you don't mind sharing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rune said:

Before I dig in I'd be interested to hear what other iterations you have tried and why you didn't like those as much! If you don't mind sharing.

I've tried massed infantry, gunline and target saturation (using all min sized units) but felt they lacked focus or were otherwise compromised too easily. My current build allows for half to be aggressive cavalry, and the other half to be a core of infantry.  I've certainly had the best results with my current list, in fact the last few games I've won before turn 2 is over due to my opponent conceding due to army losses/ the inability to respond to both threats at once. My regular opponent has played against this list numerous times using numerous builds with two armies, so it's going well for me so far.

Edited by Dankboss
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Dankboss said:

I've tried massed infantry, gunline and target saturation (using all min sized units) but felt they lacked focus or were otherwise compromised too easily. My current build allows for half to be aggressive cavalry, and the other half to be a core of infantry.  I've certainly had the best results with my current list, in fact the last few games I've won before turn 2 is over due to my opponent conceding due to army losses/ the inability to respond to both threats at once. My regular opponent has played against this list numerous times using numerous builds with two armies, so it's going well for me so far.

Do you see yourself often using the fighting twice ability? I'm usually running a Prime to benefit from the fighting twice, as I find it easy to get wholly within enemy territory. 

I like the idea of Greatswords though. They are looking decent now with the discount.

2 minutes ago, Rune said:

Do you see yourself often using the fighting twice ability? I'm usually running a Prime to benefit from the fighting twice, as I find it easy to get wholly within enemy territory. 

I like the idea of Greatswords though. They are looking decent now with the discount.

Min sized Demigryph squads and the Griffon can easily fight twice, and they're the ones you want to be doing it anyway. If the Greatswords are, then your opponent has seriously messed up XD. More often than not, I'm not fighting twice because nothing's left to activate against. Wings of Fire can let a Demigryph squad hop a target to ensure the opportunity.

And I'd love to fit the Prime in, but the numbers just don't quite add up in this list. The Luminark would be the thing to go, possibly, but I need the toolbox it provides and when I start moving things around, the list starts getting messy and strays from it's intended playstyle. But yeah, the Prime is excellent, but that would leave me with just one hero on the board for maybe 2 turns, which is risky. Although, the whole reason I can survive with just 2 in the first place is battleshock immunity.

17 hours ago, Dankboss said:

Min sized Demigryph squads and the Griffon can easily fight twice, and they're the ones you want to be doing it anyway. If the Greatswords are, then your opponent has seriously messed up XD. More often than not, I'm not fighting twice because nothing's left to activate against. Wings of Fire can let a Demigryph squad hop a target to ensure the opportunity.

And I'd love to fit the Prime in, but the numbers just don't quite add up in this list. The Luminark would be the thing to go, possibly, but I need the toolbox it provides and when I start moving things around, the list starts getting messy and strays from it's intended playstyle. But yeah, the Prime is excellent, but that would leave me with just one hero on the board for maybe 2 turns, which is risky. Although, the whole reason I can survive with just 2 in the first place is battleshock immunity.

I wouldn't drop the Luminark, it's a key piece. 

Luminark and Prime together is pretty disgusting to snipe enemy heroes. It's entirely possible to kill 5 wound heroes turn 1.

To me, it's more the screens Vs the prime.

Something along the lines of 3 big heroes, 30 Greatswords, 9 demis and a unit of Aetherwings.

But just thoughts. I'm going to try both things out :).

In my iteration of your list I'm going to try changing the two units of Guards to a unit of shadow warriors and a unit of Aetherwings. To give more flexibility on missions that require that sort of objective grabbing, instead of using a unit of Demi's for it. Two banners less though, that's the price.

Edited by Rune
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rune said:

I wouldn't drop the Luminark, it's a key piece. 

Luminark and Prime together is pretty disgusting to snipe enemy heroes. It's entirely possible to kill 5 wound heroes turn 1.

To me, it's more the screens Vs the prime.

Something along the lines of 3 big heroes, 30 Greatswords, 9 demis and a unit of Aetherwings.

But just thoughts. I'm going to try both things out :).

In my iteration of your list I'm going to try changing the two units of Guards to a unit of shadow warriors and a unit of Aetherwings. To give more flexibility on missions that require that sort of objective grabbing, instead of using a unit of Demi's for it. Two banners less though, that's the price.

That's good; my post was about helping others to attain their perfected list using my experiences, so I'm glad you're creating your own variant. I could add some Shadow Warriors by removing 10 Gunners, but as a 10 I'm not sure what the remaining 10 are doing by themselves other than screen.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I tried a list using the 10 Shadow warriors; they scored a point and denied on Blades Edge early and tied up an enemy unit for a bit so they definitely had more of an impact than 10 gunners, so I reckon they can stay.

As for the rest of the army, I had my Griffon and 5 Demigryph Knights go through: Chaos Lord on Manticore, Chaos Lord on Daemonic Mount (10 wounds), a Soulgrinder and 5 Chaos Knights in one round of combat for a total of 53 damage. The rolls were standard and the Griffon fought twice. As per my writeup, the second pile in let my Griffon move into the Soulgrinder, causing a chain reaction of destruction. That entire flank was removed in one combat phase.

The 40 Marauders teleported behind my 30 Greatswords, but lost that fight badly.

• 1 month later...

Hy fellow Hammerhalians,

We are thinking of playing a little fun-tournament in our local gaming community. 1500 Points (Battlehost 2000-500). 

My Idea is trying a "fun" Hammerhalian Lancers List with a low Drop-Count that is still able to keep up with other lists.

Allegiance: Cities of Sigmar
- City: Hammerhal
Mortal Realm: Ghyran

Leaders
Freeguild General on Griffon (320)
- General
- Shield & Runesword
- Command Trait: Blood of the Twelve
- Artefact: The Twinstone
Knight-Incantor (120)
- Artefact: Armour of Mallus
- Lore of Cinder: Wings of Fire

Battleline
3 x Demigryph Knights (180)
- Lance and Sword
- Lance and Sword
- Lance and Sword
- Lance and Sword
- Lance and Sword

Battalions
Hammerhalian Lancers (140)

Total: 1480 / 1500
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 78

It would be a fast two-drop-list with a little (defensive) magic support. The Battalion and generating a lot of CPs would help to buff the Demis so they become hard-hitters. 

I am still unsure about the choice of artefacts - the armor would suit the general as well, but a 2+ save-incantor is tempting and so he should be able to defend an objective in the back against a unit of scouts.

What that list really lacks is a decent screen - thats why I am thinking of switching the Incantor for sisters of the thorne - they would be a decent screen witch huge coverage and would additionaly be able to dispel, but the second artefact would be lost.

What is your opinion? Do you have ideas for improvement?

• 1 month later...

IMG_20201101_193952.jpg.6a87dbffb71f6c15f9b021e9fbd25d5e.jpg

This is my 2000 points list I am about to paint until the end of the year:

Spoiler

Leaders
Freeguild General on Griffon (320)
- General
- Shield & Lance
- Command Trait: Blood of the Twelve
- Artefact: Armour of Mallus
Dreadlord on Black Dragon (300)
- Lance of Spite & Tyrant Shield
- Artefact: The Twinstone
Knight-Azyros (100)

Battleline
6 x Demigryph Knights (360)
- Lance and Sword
3 x Demigryph Knights (180)
- Lance and Sword
- Lance and Sword
20 x Freeguild Guard (160)
- Halberds

Units
10 x Drakespawn Knights (260)

Battalions
Hammerhalian Lancers (140)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1

The Pegasus Knight is the Knight-Azyros at the moment, but wil get replaced by this guy:

IMG-20201111-WA0017.jpg.345c737973e40505a8081f2eafbc5daa.jpg

What do you think about the list? Can it be used competitively? What´s your experience with similar lists?

The last few weeks I had three games with it. I won against Overlords and Nighthaunt but got crushed by Ogor Mawtribes (with three Frostlords on Sonehorn and a Gatebreaker Megagargant).

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Mortal Realm: Aqshy

Leaders
Assassin (80)
Runelord (90)
Lord-Arcanum on Celestial Dracoline (210)
- General
- Command Trait: Aggressive General 
- Lore of Cinder: Wings of Fire
Celestant-Prime (300)

Battleline
10 x Ironbreakers (110)
10 x Longbeards (100)
- Ancestral Weapons & Shields
10 x Dreadspears (90)

Units
1 x Gyrocopters (70)
1 x Gyrocopters (70)
1 x Gyrocopters (70)
20 x Hammerers (280)
6 x Evocators on Dracolines (520)
- 1x Grandstaves

Total: 1990 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 117

List I'm thinking of running at a 1 dayer, thoughts?

Version 2 😮

Mortal Realm: Aqshy

Leaders
Assassin (80)
Runelord (90)
Sorceress (90)
Lord-Arcanum on Celestial Dracoline (210)
- General
- Lore of Cinder: Cindercloud
Celestant-Prime (300)

Battleline
10 x Freeguild Guard (80)
- Swords and Shields
10 x Freeguild Guard (80)
- Swords and Shields
10 x Dreadspears (90)
10 x Longbeards (100)
- Ancestral Weapons & Shields

Units
1 x Gyrocopters (70)
20 x Hammerers (280)
6 x Evocators on Dracolines (520)
- 1x Grandstaves

Total: 1990 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Wounds: 124

• 1 month later...

That’s a neat smorgasbord army.  That’s one of the things I really like about Cities!   

I like V2 better.  I think you’ll score more objectives better with that than you’ll kill off enemies in them with extra gyrocopters.   

I’m not sure the Celestant Prime is all that but he sure does some interesting effects.   That guy deserves a ward save. 

On 11/16/2020 at 12:46 PM, Uziel said:

Hide contents

Leaders
- General
- Shield & Lance
Knight-Azyros (100)

Battleline
- Lance and Sword
- Lance and Sword
- Lance and Sword
- Halberds

Units

Battalions

The Pegasus Knight is the Knight-Azyros at the moment, but wil get replaced by this guy:

What do you think about the list? Can it be used competitively? What´s your experience with similar lists?

The last few weeks I had three games with it. I won against Overlords and Nighthaunt but got crushed by Ogor Mawtribes (with three Frostlords on Sonehorn and a Gatebreaker Megagargant).

I was also thinking about doing the Lancers battalion.   Guess with that one lances make the most sense.  Really neat thematically to have the Black dragon and Drakespawn knights in there too.  

What mission was your game vs the Ogors?  I have been using the monster mash Mawtribes last year.  Lost narrowly vs Tzeentch Horror spam changehost and ask narrowly vs Khorne Beasts Of chaos.   

On 11/17/2020 at 2:46 AM, Uziel said:

Reveal hidden contents

Leaders
- General
- Shield & Lance
Knight-Azyros (100)

Battleline
- Lance and Sword
- Lance and Sword
- Lance and Sword
- Halberds

Units

Battalions

Instead of the dreadlord and drakespawns, I used the celestial hurricanium and handgunners. 

Gives you a source of shooting, spells and mortal wounds, so it'll be better vs pure melee.

• Like 1

On 20.1.2021 at 3:47 PM, Lord Krungharr said:

I was also thinking about doing the Lancers battalion.   Guess with that one lances make the most sense.  Really neat thematically to have the Black dragon and Drakespawn knights in there too.  

What mission was your game vs the Ogors?  I have been using the monster mash Mawtribes last year.  Lost narrowly vs Tzeentch Horror spam changehost and ask narrowly vs Khorne Beasts Of chaos.   

At the moment I don't know the english name of the mission. It has six objectives and the player going second can remove one of it.

6 hours ago, Evantas said:

Instead of the dreadlord and drakespawns, I used the celestial hurricanium and handgunners. 

Gives you a source of shooting, spells and mortal wounds, so it'll be better vs pure melee.

At the start of last year I also added some shooting to the lancer battalion. But for this list I tried to use as much painted models as possible, to minimize the efford to fully paint a 2000 point list. Sadly I could not complete it last year, as planned. But when it is finished, the hurricanum is the next on my list to be converted in a bretonnian style.

I am getting ready to start playing aos - looking for feedback on my aelves of hammerhal lists:

I am at the stage where I can put this on the table. Any feedback or advice is most welcome. I feel like it is not 'focussed' enough but I am a little limited in models. I am concerned that I have no magic, but don't yet have a proxy for the hurricanum that would suit the all alves nature of the list. 

City: Hammerhal. 

LEADERS
Anointed of Asuryan on Frostheart Phoenix (320)
Anointed (100)
- General      Command ability: "Blood of the twelve" re-roll wounds to hammerhal units within 12"

- Armour of Mallus (to give 2+ save)

Black Ark Fleetmaster (60) (Adjutant)

UNITS
20 x Sisters of the Watch (320)
10 x Phoenix Guard (160)
20 x Phoenix Guard (320)
10 x Phoenix Guard (160)
5 x Drakespawn Knights (130)
TOTAL: 2000/2000 WOUNDS: 116
LEADERS: 4/6 BATTLELINES: 3 (3+) BEHEMOTHS: 2/4 ARTILLERY: 0/4

My thinking is that the Pheonix Guard supported by the archers and the command abilities through the game (hoping to generate some CP, with 5 units with banners and an adjutant/ general combo) will hold and / or push a line. 

The dragon and dragon princes (drakespawn knights) are to claim objectives or screen / support the line. I included them for the mobility. 

My other option is to consider something like: 

LEADERS
Battlemage (110)
- City Role: General's Adjutant
Freeguild General (100)
- General
UNITS
10 x Phoenix Guard (160)
30 x Phoenix Guard (420)
10 x Freeguild Greatswords (140)
10 x Shadow Warriors (110)
TOTAL: 1960/2000 WOUNDS: 122
LEADERS: 3/6 BATTLELINES: 3 (3+) BEHEMOTHS: 1/4 ARTILLERY: 0/4
ARTEFACTS: 0/1 ENDLESS SPELLS: 0/3 ALLIES: 0/400

Which seems a lot more static, but more compentent in close combat. (I have 30 high swordmasters who would be the greatswords).

11 hours ago, Bassie said:

I am getting ready to start playing aos - looking for feedback on my aelves of hammerhal lists:

I am at the stage where I can put this on the table. Any feedback or advice is most welcome. I feel like it is not 'focussed' enough but I am a little limited in models. I am concerned that I have no magic, but don't yet have a proxy for the hurricanum that would suit the all alves nature of the list. 

City: Hammerhal. 

LEADERS
Anointed (100)
- General      Command ability: "Blood of the twelve" re-roll wounds to hammerhal units within 12"

- Armour of Mallus (to give 2+ save)

Black Ark Fleetmaster (60) (Adjutant)

UNITS
10 x Phoenix Guard (160)
20 x Phoenix Guard (320)
10 x Phoenix Guard (160)
TOTAL: 2000/2000 WOUNDS: 116
LEADERS: 4/6 BATTLELINES: 3 (3+) BEHEMOTHS: 2/4 ARTILLERY: 0/4

My thinking is that the Pheonix Guard supported by the archers and the command abilities through the game (hoping to generate some CP, with 5 units with banners and an adjutant/ general combo) will hold and / or push a line. 

The dragon and dragon princes (drakespawn knights) are to claim objectives or screen / support the line. I included them for the mobility. 

My other option is to consider something like: 

LEADERS
Battlemage (110)
- City Role: General's Adjutant
Freeguild General (100)
- General
UNITS
10 x Phoenix Guard (160)
30 x Phoenix Guard (420)
TOTAL: 1960/2000 WOUNDS: 122
LEADERS: 3/6 BATTLELINES: 3 (3+) BEHEMOTHS: 1/4 ARTILLERY: 0/4
ARTEFACTS: 0/1 ENDLESS SPELLS: 0/3 ALLIES: 0/400

Which seems a lot more static, but more compentent in close combat. (I have 30 high swordmasters who would be the greatswords).

I personally like the first list more than the second. The second one feels a bit too slow for me. But I would put the Drakespawn in a single unit an give the Twinstone to the Dreadlord, to buff the Drakespwan a bit more. They need it.

By the way, here are some conversions I painted recently for my bretonnian style list:

greif.jpg.40e3e38614e52b0194352c7394f3defc.jpg

ritter.jpg.0bb6ac464dbdef34e634191c78865c58.jpgIMG_20210118_201730_1.jpg.75ded34ce48232b598ffbe7097d0eea2.jpg

Edited by Uziel
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

On 8/25/2020 at 9:49 PM, Dankboss said:

Heroes:

Core:

Support Elements:

The Hammer:

Weaknesses:

Other Advice:

ywRtVwE.jpg

I really like that list. If I was having a go at something similar I would probably do this -

- General

- Shield & Runesword

Luminark of Hysh with White Battlemage (270)

- Lore of Cinder: Cindercloud

Sorceress (90)

10 x Dreadspears (90)

10 x Dreadspears (90)

30 x Executioners (300)

Emerald Lifeswarm (50)

Wounds: 125

It's an extra drop but the sorceress and executioner block can get those long-range charges off which makes them more threatening than the greatswords early on.  I swapped the gunners out for shadow warriors for objective games, and upgraded the guard to dreadspears for the bonus save and magic sacrifice ability. That left me just enough for lifeswarm to keep everything topped up.

• Like 1