Tempest Eye Discussion

Televiper11

I'm just getting started in a 1000 point campaign at my local club and I'm thinking about running this -

2x5 pistoliers 

10 darkshards

20 freeguild halberdiers

1 sorceress - aura of glory

1 knight azyros

1 dreadlord on black dragon - general, lance and shield, hawk eyed, patrician's helm

1 extra command point

The pistoliers and dragon lord make a pretty fast hammer. The sorceress accompanies the halberdiers and darkshards, boosting the number of attacks or handing out mortal wounds and debuffs. The knight azyros stands wherever he's needed most at the time.

I did contemplate the freeguild general on griffon instead of the dragon, but I have a dragon converted that I'd quite like to use and it looks like the dragon is the slightly better fighter for fewer points.

6 hours ago, ColsBols said:

Won my first game with Tempest Eye today! Beat back the filthy khazakidum of Slaanesh. I'll put the list at the bottom. Here's my thoughts:

Celestial Hurricanum is BONKERS and absolutely an autoinclude. Pray to Valaya that they don't FAQ the portents of battle to be "wholly within 10" because +1 to hit for all units within 10 is awesome, Storms of Shemtek did major work on two Keepers of Secrets.

Hammerers are also wicked good, a unit of 30 chewed through 5 hellstriders, two chariots, and finished off a KOS. 

Ironbreakers didn't do as well as I'd hoped, but maybe it's because I rolled terribly. 

Positioning with this army is going to be so key. I gambled with putting the irondrakes within 3" of the front line of breakers so they could shoot down an Epitome on turn one, but I paid for it when the KOS reached over and took out 10 with two hits. I've been contemplating using ten grundstock thunderers with their 18' reach and if you want to get some shots off on turn one, 16'" didn't really cut it.

This army played like I wanted it to but it definitely leans into the deathball and I realized very quickly that I didn't have any units with a move of more than 2D6. Gotta bring some copters next time. Luckily I ended up being able to run the 5 remaining ironbreakers onto the third objective (Total Conquest.)

My List:

General: Runelord (trait: reroll ones to wound for shooting), artefact: the one that gives you a CP on 4+

Runelord 

Warden King

Hammerers 30x 

Ironbreakers 20x

Irondrakes 20x

10x Longbeards

10x Longbeards

Thunderers I mean Freeguild Gunners 20x 

Steam Tank 

Hurricanum With Battlemage (Aura of Glory)

2000/2000

72631221_2873323106015756_6189782248519106560_n.jpg

Hurricanum has changed to models within 10 now not units. Not sure if this would have changed anything in your battle. Just a heads up for next time 😊

• Like 1

10 hours ago, zilberfrid said:

Really love seeing those proud dwarves standing up to demonlords. That's why I play cities (though more floppy hats on my side)!

I just ordered one of the shiny new plastic runelords but the old metal one at the bottom of the screen ended up being the last man standing and slew the keeper of secrets with his hammer and now I don’t know if I can replace him 😝

11 minutes ago, ColsBols said:

I just ordered one of the shiny new plastic runelords but the old metal one at the bottom of the screen ended up being the last man standing and slew the keeper of secrets with his hammer and now I don’t know if I can replace him 😝

"Stay back you young whippersnappers, let me show you how we did this in the old world!"

At least you'll have to name him.

• LOVE IT! 1

9 hours ago, SentinelGuy said:

I'm just getting started in a 1000 point campaign at my local club and I'm thinking about running this -

2x5 pistoliers 

10 darkshards

20 freeguild halberdiers

1 sorceress - aura of glory

1 knight azyros

1 dreadlord on black dragon - general, lance and shield, hawk eyed, patrician's helm

1 extra command point

The pistoliers and dragon lord make a pretty fast hammer. The sorceress accompanies the halberdiers and darkshards, boosting the number of attacks or handing out mortal wounds and debuffs. The knight azyros stands wherever he's needed most at the time.

I did contemplate the freeguild general on griffon instead of the dragon, but I have a dragon converted that I'd quite like to use and it looks like the dragon is the slightly better fighter for fewer points.

The issue is that the dragon doesn’t support any of your units while the general benefits almost all of them

Edited by stratigo

Been toying with this list concept. Won't be able to field test it for a week or so. Tell me what you think.

Tempest's Eye

Knight-Azyros
-General
-Hawk-Eyed
-Patrician's Helm

Aether-Khemist

-Adjunctant

Celestial Hurricanum with Battlemage

1x30 Longbeards
1x10 Longbeards
1x40 Arkanauts
1x30 Sisters of the Watch
Gyrobomber

Extra CP

The idea is to form a mobile firebase, using the command ability to give the Arkanauts and Sisters run and shoot first turn. Arkanauts target heroes, Sisters target blobs or elites. Longbeards take the counterpunch.

1 hour ago, stratigo said:

The issue is that the dragon doesn’t support any of your units while the general benefits almost all of them

Yes, you are right, the total lack of synergy between races is my main gripe with the new book. I've taken another look at my list - 

1 freeguild general on griffon, lance and shield

1 battlemage

1 battlemage

20 freeguild halberdiers

10 freeguild swordsmen

5 pistoliers

5 pistoliers

1 scourgerunner chariot

That takes me up to 1000 points exactly.

What spells would you take?

Edited by SentinelGuy

41 minutes ago, stratigo said:

I like the cp generating spell. The other two tempest’s eye spells are just aight

I like the + attack as well. Would really have wanted that on missiles, but you can't have it all. You have a + wound in the general options, +a seems a bit harder to get.

The wounding spell has good range, but quite poor damage.

I would have liked the Wings of Fire, which would have fitted Tempest's eye and phoenicium better than Hammerhal.

I'll ask just in case I'm overlooking anything, but there is absolutely no way of making a Dwarf hero able to cast spells in this allegiance right?

Having a pure tempest dorf army would be the dream, and that dream looks a lot better with that +1 attack spell. Just imagine running 4 attack Hammerers with rend -2.

8 hours ago, GDD said:

I'll ask just in case I'm overlooking anything, but there is absolutely no way of making a Dwarf hero able to cast spells in this allegiance right?

Having a pure tempest dorf army would be the dream, and that dream looks a lot better with that +1 attack spell. Just imagine running 4 attack Hammerers with rend -2.

Not one with the Dwarf keyword, but I'd say just put a dwarf in a dress and call it a battlemage. No need to be precise.

If you want nice set pieces, the Chaos familiars would be good pieces.

Hey everyone. Iv been toying with my TE list and i have a question about Battlemage and spells (never really played much with magic)

Question 1: If ill take Battlemage does he have acess to all of Lore of Eagels or i have to pick one ?

Question 2: If i take Battlemage (or any mage) does he have acess to spell on his warscroll AND choosen/all City spells?

I could not find straight anwsers online, sorry if this is kidna silly question and thanks!

On 10/4/2019 at 6:19 PM, zilberfrid said:

The wounding spell has good range, but quite poor damage.

6 Mortal Wounds from a little 90 pt wizard is poor damage?

You roll 6 dice, wounding on 4+.  Average wounds works out to 3.  That's better consistent damage than the Silver Swords (which is a popular spell) and it doesn't cost any extra points, and won't attack your own guys half the time.

It's a great spell.

3 minutes ago, mikethefish said:

Are you joking?  That's pretty much the reverse of where things stand IMO

Hey, CP generator on a sorceress equates basically to 'burn a spearman for 1 cp', while the sorceress herself remains useful for command trait and unbinding. Of course, it gets less useful with Adjutant and CP artifact, but if you really need a lot of CP to function properly, Visions are a great solution.

Strike Eagles are an extremely cool sniping spell, though. In less CP heavy builds it should be great.

Aura of Glory is perfect for anything with few, powerful attacks.  Skywardens come to mind.

Or it maybe even can make Drakespawn viable? Did someone do the math, maybe?  Dreadlord and Sorceress, both on dragons, both with AOE buffs for surrounding drakespawn knights? I doubt it's cost effective, but damn, it would be a cool looking army. [also, 1st turn move of 13, 2+ save and charge re-roll. huh.]

7 hours ago, dekay said:

Aura of Glory is perfect for anything with few, powerful attacks.  Skywardens come to mind.

Or it maybe even can make Drakespawn viable? Did someone do the math, maybe?  Dreadlord and Sorceress, both on dragons, both with AOE buffs for surrounding drakespawn knights? I doubt it's cost effective, but damn, it would be a cool looking army. [also, 1st turn move of 13, 2+ save and charge re-roll. huh.]

I think Guards with Halberds are also going to be a fan of this, and Longbeards.

Edited by zilberfrid

9 minutes ago, Raffonerd said:

My Tempest Eye

Anoited Frost

Anoited Fire - Gen 300
Heraldor 100

20 Phoenix Guard 320
10 Evocators 440
10 Company 120
10 Company 120

Bmage 90
Bmage 90

Emerald 50
Cp 50

Total 2000

I have a few questions: 

• What will the Evocators be doing?
  • What types of battlemages are you using and what spells do they have?
  • How will you protect the battlemages?
  • What artifact is which hero using?
  • What command trait does the general have?
  • Why take company as battleline?

6 hours ago, Tali182 said:

Does anyone have any experience with irondrakes and Grundstok thunderers,  first impressions is irondrakes are better but i am interest in opinions of anyone that has used either

I have no experience but looking at it, grundstoks are far more mobile giving full strength even moving and likely much more independent with their awesome retreat ability. Irondrakes have noticeably more damage per point if stationary and are easier to buff (160 pt chemist vs 90pt runelord or batteline longbeards.) 

I think bigger picture grundstoks will be better if you are already taking a chemist for something else (big arkonaut company, endriggers) to give a 2nd buff Target but worse if you just want something killy in your main line behind some ironbreakers.