Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

AoS 2 -Greywater Fastness Discussion


Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, Double Misfire said:

@Eorek

I love those lists, but you're mad (mad!) if you're running Gotrek in a CoS list with no Emerald Lifeswarm. Our lifeswarm is probably one of the best Gotrek enhancers available in the game.

Dont think he has been even close to dying in any of my games ^^.

Been considering trying that list in The living city though.

Edited by Eorek
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Grand Alliance: Order FAQ is only relevant to the warscrolls printed in GA: Order, as indicated by the page numbers given for the Warscrolls in that FAQ; which as @readercolin has gone to great le

Feels like the topic to post in. Been wanting to make a cities army that makes heavy use of the greywater theme and looking for c&c as I find discussing a list the best way of finding its flaw. 

This same FAQ also said: Page 176 – Warden King, Ancestral Grudge Add: ‘The same unit cannot be picked as the target of this command ability more than once in the same phase.’ Note the new w

Posted Images

So quarentine unfortunately has me sapped for motivation when it comes to building and painting... HOWEVER i have totally done at least SOME stuff. So whilst I have pretty much no list in mind for this army anymore here's some of the cool undead city or sigmar pirate conversions I've done.

(Apologies for bad photos my phone camera is literally cracked. When I finish these I wanna get some digital camera shots of them done)

Hurricanum:

IMG_20200519_204818.jpg.929aff100c1d9b7680d20e1408977da0.jpg

As you can see he's changed a lot from my earlier posts and blog post and he's looking pretty mean! Still a far cry from being finished but he's definitely one of my faves.

Steam tank:

IMG_20200519_204829.jpg.6ff62e2740234f857becddf80bb28376.jpg

My banshee possessed steamtank walker. This will be the basic conversion for any regular steamtanks I do, I have a converted mortis engine pirate ship steamtank thing for my commander one though. Little bit of a disconnect between those models for sure but this is mostly a 'for fun' project so it's not too big a deal if they don't look that similar.

Kharibdyss:

IMG_20200519_204837.jpg.c9e225a53bab2973273d8be78e4b61ba.jpg

He's pretty and you can't not have a sea monster if you're doing pirates. Probably not a good unit but once again... Super pretty.

 

I'm also currently wondering whether I could make a stardrake work so I can stick a vampire on top of it and finally have a big meanie dragon. But the answer to will it work is probably not if I go greywater (and is it really fun undead pirates without having enough points for artillery?) I'm also planning to make some pistol wielding spectral Siren shadow warriors as my next conversion unit so that will be fun.

 

Just generally looking for some fun melee units to compliment my beasties and handgunners, I'm not too worried about being competitive as like I said, mostly a for fun project.

Edited by Lightbox
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 8/13/2020 at 2:37 PM, Eorek said:

Gyrocopters! Any C&c is appreciated.IMG_1843.JPG.8e17ac8e46da929a7c7e02c3b3f8f920.JPG

Hell yeah man, they look sweet! Mostly Gryocopter parts with those mechcanicus flyer dudes' wings?

Link to post
Share on other sites

So this be my current thinking for a competitive (yes I know, competitive Greywater, Heresy!!), list,

Thoughts welcome!!

Allegiance: Cities of Sigmar
- City: Greywater Fastness
Mortal Realm: Ghyran

Leaders
Anointed (100)
- General
- Command Trait: Drillmaster
Sorceress (90)
- Lore of Smog: Choking Fumes
Runelord (90)
- City Role: General's Adjutant
Knight-Venator (110)
- Artefact: Mastro Vivetti's Maginificent Macroscope

Battleline
30 x Ironbreakers (270)
20 x Phoenix Guard (320)
- City Role: Honoured Retinue (Must be 5-20 models)
10 x Longbeards (100)
- Ancestral Weapons & Shields
10 x Dreadspears (90)

Units
30 x Irondrakes (450)
3 x Gyrocopters (180)
5 x Khinerai Lifetakers (80)
- Allies

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Soulscream Bridge (100)

Total: 1980 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 80 / 400
Wounds: 137
Also should note I'm still tossing up on whether to take more fellas as the list is currently), or swap out 10 Breakers and a Copter for  a Warden King, or just drop the Lifetakers and take the extra Breakers+Copter.

All thoughts of course welcome! 🥰

Edited by TaurielBlack
  • LOVE IT! 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/13/2020 at 5:37 AM, Eorek said:

Gyrocopters! Any C&c is appreciated.IMG_1843.JPG.8e17ac8e46da929a7c7e02c3b3f8f920.JPG

First thought: I love them 💗

Second thought: I love them and they're perfect 💗💗💗

Third thought: Where do you live, because there are a couple of Gyrocopter propeller bits I use twice in all my converted gyrocopters, and usually have to end up buying a second gyrocopter for...

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, TaurielBlack said:

Hell yeah man, they look sweet! Mostly Gryocopter parts with those mechcanicus flyer dudes' wings?

yea, you basically reshuffle the hell outta a gyrocopter. hardest part is making the body of the plane. 

5 hours ago, Double Misfire said:

First thought: I love them 💗

Second thought: I love them and they're perfect 💗💗💗

Third thought: Where do you live, because there are a couple of Gyrocopter propeller bits I use twice in all my converted gyrocopters, and usually have to end up buying a second gyrocopter for...

Thank you ^^ I donated my spare gyrocopter bitz to a friends project though : <

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 months later...

I'm putting together a cosy all dwarf list. Even though its mostly for fun, do you guys think it has any bearing? 😀

Allegiance: Cities of Sigmar
- City: Greywater Fastness

Leaders
Runelord (90)
- General
- Command Trait: Drillmaster
- Artefact: Steam-piston Plate Mail
Runelord (90)
Warden King (100)
Cogsmith (60)
- Artefact: Mastro Vivetti's Maginificent Macroscope
- City Role: General's Adjutant

Battleline
30 x Ironbreakers (270)
30 x Irondrakes (450)
30 x Hammerers (360)

Artillery
Helstorm Rocket Battery (130)
Helstorm Rocket Battery (130)
Helstorm Rocket Battery (130)

Battalions
Greywater Artillery Company (120)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Extra Command Point (50)

Total: 1980 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 2
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 131
 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dejnar said:

I'm putting together a cosy all dwarf list. Even though its mostly for fun, do you guys think it has any bearing? 😀

Allegiance: Cities of Sigmar
- City: Greywater Fastness

Leaders
Runelord (90)
- General
- Command Trait: Drillmaster
- Artefact: Steam-piston Plate Mail
Runelord (90)
Warden King (100)
Cogsmith (60)
- Artefact: Mastro Vivetti's Maginificent Macroscope
- City Role: General's Adjutant

Battleline
30 x Ironbreakers (270)
30 x Irondrakes (450)
30 x Hammerers (360)

Artillery
Helstorm Rocket Battery (130)
Helstorm Rocket Battery (130)
Helstorm Rocket Battery (130)

Battalions
Greywater Artillery Company (120)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Extra Command Point (50)

Total: 1980 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 2
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 131
 

I love the flavor.  One thing I would encourage is getting Longbeards in there as well as something that can add some speed.....Gyrocopters come to mind.  That way you can contest/take objectives that your other guys will not get too.  I like the 30 man blocks for discounts but saving some points by going down will allow you to take the Longbeards which give you more buffs to layer.  Also drillmaster is less good unless your are going to the runelord with the Iron Drakes (which should be the first unit you cut to 20 since you don't get a horde discount there) as the Cogsmith gives the Helstorm Rocket Battery rerolls already just for being around. them.  I think if you cut all 3 units to 20 that will give you the Longbeards and the Gyrocopters in a 3 man unit exactly.  I will tell you from experience I love the Irondrakes but they are sad without a bridge BUT they deter people from coming on a flank with just normal guys so there is a bit of strategy with them.  My list is very similar except I broke duardin rank and have a unit of Shadow Warriors as well to go deep into opposing territory.  I just use Old Quarrellers with cloaks instead of the dirty elf models.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

@Dejnar

Oof! Off to a solid start, but I'd get some Gyrocopters or allied Kharadron Skywardens in there to grab objectives, and unless you prefer the Ironbreaker models (the best reason to use any unit), consider swapping them out for great weapon Longbeards.

I've not played very many games of AoS in the last 12 months owing to the current situation in the UK, but have written guides on getting the most out of Dispossessed units and Greywater Fastness armies if they're of interest:

https://www.doublemisfire.com/2020/02/the-lonely-realmsphere-guide.html

https://www.doublemisfire.com/2020/02/the-lonely-realmsphere-guide-greywater.html

:) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Double Misfire said:

@Dejnar

Oof! Off to a solid start, but I'd get some Gyrocopters or allied Kharadron Skywardens in there to grab objectives, and unless you prefer the Ironbreaker models (the best reason to use any unit), consider swapping them out for great weapon Longbeards.

I've not played very many games of AoS in the last 12 months owing to the current situation in the UK, but have written guides on getting the most out of Dispossessed units and Greywater Fastness armies if they're of interest:

https://www.doublemisfire.com/2020/02/the-lonely-realmsphere-guide.html

https://www.doublemisfire.com/2020/02/the-lonely-realmsphere-guide-greywater.html

:) 

I can attest this stuff is awesome very well written @Double Misfire

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks guys.

I have two copters laying around. I was also thinking about a dwarf hurricanum. I dont really mind the Ironbreakers and I only have 10 longbeards. The main goal is not tournaments with this army though I feel that Fastness may have some bearing in my local meta.

I have read your guides already. Great stuff mate! :)

I'll keep tinkering. Shame Steam tank seem so lackluster. But I might miss something. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey all. I'm a new player to AoS and my friend is organising some 500pt games for when COVID allows. I bought the Cities of Sigmar handbook + Greywater Fastness boxset honestly like well over a year ago but I'm only now getting round to actually putting it together.

Can anyone recommend a decent 500pt list for Greywater Fastness? I know they're not the strongest army but thematically I love them. Think my friends have a Stormcast army, a Nighthaunt army and possibly one Skaven.

So far I've built my Warden King, Cogsmith and - apparently - 1x Ironbreaker so that's a set of 10x Irondrakes out of the window haha. Choosing Gyrocopter > Gyrobomber.

Link to post
Share on other sites

500 pts is not easy 😉

I would recommand (if you only want to play dwarves):

1 runelord with Ghoul Mere Ranger (friendly units wholly within 12can run and shoot) and steam piston plate mail (+1 mv and + 1 save)
1 runelord (general adjudant)
10 longbeards with shields
10 irondrakes
1 Gyrocopter

500pts in the nose

You can shoot, you can grab objectives, you have the runelords to buff your units and for dispelling

Or
Warden king with Ghoul mere Ranger
Cogsmith with the magnificient macroscope
10 irondrakes
10 Ironbreakers
1 Gyrocopter

480pts

Edited by Crashnarf
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Crashnarf said:

500 pts is not easy 😉

I would recommand (if you only want to play dwarves):

1 runelord with Ghoul Mere Ranger (friendly units wholly within 12can run and shoot) and steam piston plate mail (+1 mv and + 1 save)
1 runelord (general adjudant)
10 longbeards with shields
10 irondrakes
1 Gyrocopter

500pts in the nose

You can shoot, you can grab objectives, you have the runelords to buff your units and for dispelling

Or
Warden king with Ghoul mere Ranger
Cogsmith with the magnificient macroscope
10 irondrakes
10 Ironbreakers
1 Gyrocopter

480pts

 

Cheers for the reply! Yeh I think my friend is saying we should all go 500pts first to see if we want to continue before we spend more cash haha.

I guess the second list is easier for me to achieve because of my start collecting boxset but would the first list be more effective on the board?

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Nymzee said:

 

Cheers for the reply! Yeh I think my friend is saying we should all go 500pts first to see if we want to continue before we spend more cash haha.

I guess the second list is easier for me to achieve because of my start collecting boxset but would the first list be more effective on the board?

Your friend is right I think, better try before buying more stuffs.

In fact, you can play the 2 by using proxy. In a friendly 500pts game, both lists will work, even If I think that the second is, indeed, less effective than the first one.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...