AoS 2 Cities of Sigmar Discussion: Hallowheart

TheNotebookGM

What up my Wizards? I decided to try and do a Darklings coven hallowheart list for fun, and I really think I like it and want to try it. Problem is don’t know how well it would actually do

Allegiance: Cities of Sigmar
- City: Hallowheart

LEADERS
Celestial Hurricanum With Celestial Battlemage (280)
- Spell : Lore of Whitefire - Ignite Weapons (Hallowheart Wizard) - Hallowheart 2nd Spell : Roaming Wildfire

Sorceress on Black Dragon (300)
- Darkling Sword
- Artefact : Whitefire Tome - All Spells
Battlemage (90)
- Spell : Lore of Whitefire - Crystal Aegis (Hallowheart Wizard) - Hallowheart 2nd Spell : Sear Wounds
- City Role : General's Adjutant (Must be 6 wounds or less)
- Mortal Realm : Aqshy

Sorceress (90)
- General
- Command Trait : Veteran of the Blazing Crusade
- Spell : Lore of Whitefire - Warding Brand (Hallowheart Wizard) - Hallowheart 2nd Spell : Elemental Cyclone

UNITS
30 x Darkshards (300)

30 x Black Guard (420)

40 x Dreadspears (320)

BATTALIONS
Whitefire Retinue (140)
ENDLESS SPELLS / TERRAIN / COMMAND POINTS
Emerald Lifeswarm (50)

The idea deal I have is pretty simple. Celestial hurricanum casts ignite weapons on the dark shards while buffing their to hit rolls, unleashing an unholy amount of dakka  at 2+ / 3+ with rerolls thrown in here and there. Black guard and sorc on dragon would be the aggressive team, running up the center to cast close combat spells and hit things hard, while the dreadspears help to protect the dark shards and bubble wrap the squishy heroes from deep strikers. 

The wizards would be putting mortal wounds down on juicy targets and help soften things up for the dark shards to finish, and I have emerald life swarm there to help bring back guys who may have died.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Acid_Nine said:

What up my Wizards? I decided to try and do a Darklings coven hallowheart list for fun, and I really think I like it and want to try it. Problem is don’t know how well it would actually do

LEADERS
- Spell : Lore of Whitefire - Ignite Weapons (Hallowheart Wizard) - Hallowheart 2nd Spell : Roaming Wildfire

Sorceress on Black Dragon (300)
- Darkling Sword
- Artefact : Whitefire Tome - All Spells

Battlemage (90)
- Spell : Lore of Whitefire - Crystal Aegis (Hallowheart Wizard) - Hallowheart 2nd Spell : Sear Wounds
- City Role : General's Adjutant (Must be 6 wounds or less)
- Mortal Realm : Aqshy

Sorceress (90)
- General
- Command Trait : Veteran of the Blazing Crusade
- Spell : Lore of Whitefire - Warding Brand (Hallowheart Wizard) - Hallowheart 2nd Spell : Elemental Cyclone

UNITS
30 x Darkshards (300)

30 x Black Guard (420)

40 x Dreadspears (320)

BATTALIONS
Whitefire Retinue (140)
ENDLESS SPELLS / TERRAIN / COMMAND POINTS
Emerald Lifeswarm (50)

The idea deal I have is pretty simple. Celestial hurricanum casts ignite weapons on the dark shards while buffing their to hit rolls, unleashing an unholy amount of dakka  at 2+ / 3+ with rerolls thrown in here and there. Black guard and sorc on dragon would be the aggressive team, running up the center to cast close combat spells and hit things hard, while the dreadspears help to protect the dark shards and bubble wrap the squishy heroes from deep strikers. 

The wizards would be putting mortal wounds down on juicy targets and help soften things up for the dark shards to finish, and I have emerald life swarm there to help bring back guys who may have died.

A few points.

First, you are missing an artefact.  You have the Whitefire Tome on the Sorceress on dragon, but you get a second one from your battalion.

Second, you are going to have an issue with range.  Without running, your darkshards have a maximum engagement range of 22", though you can give them run and shoot with a command point.  Additionally, all of your offensive spells also have an 18" range.  This means that you may struggle to engage turn 1 because everything will be out of range.  Starting round 2 you can get things on, but there are a good number of armies that can plow through you, especially if they get the double turn (alternatively, I might be scarred from playing against too many ironjaws players).  There isn't really much you can do about this point unless you get the soulscream bridge, but it is a point of consideration that you might want to think about.

Third, what are those dreadspears doing for you?  A 40 man block is rather large for a screen, too large to be a bodyguard, and the only benefit for running them in a large unit is that they get +1 to hit for 10+ models.  You could save 40 points by making them a block of freeguild guard, or you could save 40 points by taking a second block of 20 black guard, or 20 points by taking another 30 darkshards.  Any of those models will probably be more effective than a single block of dreadspears.  Personally, I would only look to take at most a block of 20 dreadspears so that they can act as Honored Retinue and give my general a 4+ pass off, while still being fodder for their +2 to cast bonus.

Just my thoughts on the army.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, readercolin said:

A few points.

First, you are missing an artefact.  You have the Whitefire Tome on the Sorceress on dragon, but you get a second one from your battalion.

Second, you are going to have an issue with range.  Without running, your darkshards have a maximum engagement range of 22", though you can give them run and shoot with a command point.  Additionally, all of your offensive spells also have an 18" range.  This means that you may struggle to engage turn 1 because everything will be out of range.  Starting round 2 you can get things on, but there are a good number of armies that can plow through you, especially if they get the double turn (alternatively, I might be scarred from playing against too many ironjaws players).  There isn't really much you can do about this point unless you get the soulscream bridge, but it is a point of consideration that you might want to think about.

Third, what are those dreadspears doing for you?  A 40 man block is rather large for a screen, too large to be a bodyguard, and the only benefit for running them in a large unit is that they get +1 to hit for 10+ models.  You could save 40 points by making them a block of freeguild guard, or you could save 40 points by taking a second block of 20 black guard, or 20 points by taking another 30 darkshards.  Any of those models will probably be more effective than a single block of dreadspears.  Personally, I would only look to take at most a block of 20 dreadspears so that they can act as Honored Retinue and give my general a 4+ pass off, while still being fodder for their +2 to cast bonus.

Just my thoughts on the army.

I cannot believe I forgot the second artifact! thank you, but I think I am at a loss of what else to add. 

Yea, I can see the range issue being tricky. in my experience most armies I see requires a turn to run forward, but I either havn't played enough games or havn't played enough armies. I see trying to bait the enemy to move forward by largely staying still, but I can see your points on both the double turn and the bridge.

I took the block of 40 dreadspears because I guess I wanted to try for the horde bonus, but I see all your points. I would be looking more towards maybe running 1 block of 20 spears and 1 squad of ten? I want to try and bubble wrap as much of my army as I can, but I see your point on making the squad way too large.

Welp, since I gave up on my TE dwarf and pistolier lists as well as Tzeentch, I decided I would shift all that focus and come back to CoS with HH... maybe branching into GWF\LC at some point. Anyway, been working away at a list with some decent shooting + typical HH spell-madness. Would love to hear opinions. While I doubt I'll take it to a major tournament soon, I'm trying to build it in such a way it can perform in such an environment 😉:

Spoiler

Mortal Realm: Aqshy

Leaders
Knight-Incantor
 (140)
- General
- Trait: Famed Spell-hunter
- Spell: Lore of Whitefire - Sear Wounds (Hallowheart Wizard)
- Hallowheart 2nd Spell: Ignite Weapons

Celestial Hurricanum With Celestial Battlemage (280)
- Artefact: Cleansing Brooch
- Hallowheart 2nd Spell: Crystal Aegis

Chamon Battlemage (90)
- City Role: General's Adjutant (Must be 6 wounds or less)

Hysh Battlemage (90)
- Spell: Lore of Whitefire - Elemental Cyclone (Hallowheart Wizard)
- Hallowheart 2nd Spell: Roaming Wildfire

Azyr Battlemage (90)
- Spell: Lore of Whitefire - Elemental Cyclone (Hallowheart Wizard)

Runelord (90)

Battleline
20 x Freeguild Handgunners (200)
20 x Freeguild Guard (160)
- Swords and Shields
- City Role: Honoured Retinue (Must be 5-20 models)
10 x Longbeards (110)
- Ancestral Weapons & Shields

Units
20 x Irondrakes (300)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Umbral Spellportal (70)
Soulscream Bridge (80)
Everblaze Comet (100)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 126

• 2 weeks later...

A question  for fellow CoS players regarding Warding Brand.

If I successfully cast this spell on a unit, is the maximum number of wounds inflicted equal to the number of models in the unit ?

Lets say the spell is cast on a 10man strong unit of FGGuard. The unit gets charged and all the 4+ rolls for Warding Brand are a success.
Since this occours after the saves, and each model has only 1 Wound, does it mean that if the unit suffers 10 unsaved wound, before it is removed I roll 10 dice and on 4+ it deals that number of Mortal Wounds back ?

Since it works only if the wound was not negated....  it mean the model has to essentially be removed as a casualty for the spell to take effect ?

Edited by Myrdin

You can't allocate more wounds to a unit than that unit's remaining wounds. You stop counting damage once the unit is dead. So 10 freeguild guard can only get you 10 dice rolls for Warding Brand. A unit of 5 Liberators (2 wounds each) would also get you 10 Warding brand rolls. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/18/2020 at 6:09 AM, Acid_Nine said:

So if I may ask, what are some armies people have been having success with? I am looking to get more into caster heavy armies myself!

This is a modified list of another that I've had great success with. I'm pretty sure this one is better, but I haven't play tested it as much:

Leaders
Freeguild General (100)
Battlemage (90)
Knight-Incantor (140)
- General
- Command Trait: Veteran of the Blazing Crusade
Lord-Arcanum on Gryph-Charger (220)

Battleline
30 x Freeguild Handgunners (300)
20 x Freeguild Crossbowmen (200)

Units
5 x Tree-Revenants (80)

Battalions
Whitefire Retinue (140)

Soulscream Bridge (80)
Umbral Spellportal (70)
Everblaze Comet (100)

Extra Command Points: 1
Wounds: 108

6 drops.

Lord Arcanum spell, or Elemental Cyclone or Hurricanum spell through the portal.

Two threats in both spells and shooting, which is at 2/2 even when Handgunners are engaged.

Decent objective grabbing with bridge, Tree-Revenants and the Lord Arcanum.

• Like 1

I took a Hallowheart list to a 3 game local tournament last weekend. It was fun. Definitely need to improve on my strategy a bit... but that's par for the course when its the first time on the table with an army.

Tournament Recap Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8An-0SjWfac

My List:

Gotrek Gurnisson (520) 
Sorceress (90) 
Knight-Incantor (140) 

10 x Freeguild Handgunners (100)
40 x Darkshards (400) 

Whitefire Retinue (140)

Everblaze Comet (100)
Soulscream Bridge (80)
Quicksilver Swords (30)

Tournament Kill Count:
Rogue Idol (400)
Megaboss on Mawcrusha (460)
Bladebringer, Hearald on Chariot (220)
Bladebringer, Hearald on Chariot (220)
Infernal Enrapturess, Herald of Slaanesh (140)
Keeper of Secrets (360)
5x Hellstriders (100)
5x Hellstriders (100)
5x Seekers (120)
3x Fiends (210)
10 Night Runners (80)
6 Stormfields (520)
Warp Lightning Canon (180)
Ratling Gun (60)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, hughwyeth said:

Was Gotrek worth it instead of another 3 wizards and other gubbins?

Probably not in Hallowheart. After 3 games, I felt like I needed to lean into Hallowhearts strengths a bit more. More spells!! Although, the army is at the whim of the Arcane Channeling role.... and you WILL role a 1 when you need it most. Ha!

I think my goal list adds a block of 30 Handgunners and more Sorceresses. Those tiny lady wizards are so good in Hallowheart. +1 from battalion. +2 from killing a Dark Elf. Then +D6 from arcane channeling.  I'll probably want to bridge the Handgunners and Hurricanum as the first strike. And then run and shoot with the darkshards.

The Comet was def worth the points. It did a lot of damage to their back line support heroes.

Gotrek did what Gotrek does. Kill lots! In Game 2 he held the middle of the board the entire game vs Slaanesh. People fear him... and rightfully so.

12 minutes ago, Calebexnihilo said:

Probably not in Hallowheart. After 3 games, I felt like I needed to lean into Hallowhearts strengths a bit more. More spells!! Although, the army is at the whim of the Arcane Channeling role.... and you WILL role a 1 when you need it most. Ha!

I think my goal list adds a block of 30 Handgunners and more Sorceresses. Those tiny lady wizards are so good in Hallowheart. +1 from battalion. +2 from killing a Dark Elf. Then +D6 from arcane channeling.  I'll probably want to bridge the Handgunners and Hurricanum as the first strike. And then run and shoot with the darkshards.

The Comet was def worth the points. It did a lot of damage to their back line support heroes.

Gotrek did what Gotrek does. Kill lots! In Game 2 he held the middle of the board the entire game vs Slaanesh. People fear him... and rightfully so.

I suggest using 30 Sisters instead of the Handgunners. Throw ignite on them and tear stuff up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Calebexnihilo said:

More spells!!

I think my goal list adds a block of 30 Handgunners and more Sorceresses.

Yes and no.. I think 3-4 Wizards is generally "good enough" but you're seeing more and more lists do well without the battalion and just running ~5 Wizards with minimum Endless Spells. Combining shooting and\or 1 strong melee unit actually works quite well and I don't think spamming Endless Spells is the key for them if you want a balanced competitive list for them. I agree that an Incantor + Comet is something I would always want to bring, but it isn't 100% necessary.

Currently I'm running the following but can swap a Mage and 20 Handgunners out for 20 Hammers\-insert heavy hitting melee unit here-:

Spoiler

Leaders
Knight-Incantor (140)
- General
- Command Trait: Famed Spell-hunter
- Lore of Whitefire: Sear Wounds
- Artefact: Cleansing Brooch
- Hallowheart 2nd Spell: Crystal Aegis
Battlemage (90)
- City Role: General's Adjutant
- Mortal Realm: Ghur
Battlemage (90)
- Lore of Whitefire: Elemental Cyclone
- Mortal Realm: Hysh
Battlemage (90)
- Lore of Whitefire: Elemental Cyclone
- Mortal Realm: Azyr
Runelord (90)

Battleline
20 x Freeguild Guard (160)
- Halberds and Shields
10 x Longbeards (110)
- Ancestral Weapons & Shields

Units
20 x Irondrakes (300)

Everblaze Comet (100)
Soulscream Bridge (80)
Umbral Spellportal (70)

Extra Command Points: 0
Wounds: 126

• Like 1

Hey guys, back with an update about getting me rekt through your advice for my friend.

Woo boy, did he ever tear it up.

Here was the list the ended up running:

Spoiler

Army list is as follows;
Leaders:
Freeguild general w/Ruby ring
Celestial Hurricanum w/Battlemage w/thermalrider cloak
Sorceress (general)
Sorceress (generals adjunct)
Troops:
Crossbowmen x20
Crossbowmen x20
Bleakswords x20
Other:
Shadow Warriors x20
Shadow Warriors x20
Endless Spells:
Umbral Spellportal
Soulsnare Shackles
Shards of Valagharr
Emerald Lifeswarm
Soulscream Bridge
Battalion Warscroll:
Whitefire Retinue
List total value -2000 points-

We played a 2K game and he pulled out all the stops from all the data I gave him. By the luck of the dice we played the Magical Supremacy battleplan, which obviously favored him, but I also bought the best list I could think up to challenge him including my own spellcasting and the Prismatic Palisade and Balewind Vortex to potentially block his ranged and direct casting.

Little did I know he'd be ready for that. He slowed me, hurt me, and exploited my rear by dropping Shadow Warriors on me as soon as he tarred me up, pining me between his lines. And then, just when I thought I had a chance, he focused down Reikenor and then on his next turn dispelled his own endless spells effectively eliminating me on points alone. The fact he was destroying me was just the distraction, the true savagery came from him just deciding he was going to win now and tripling his score through those dispels.

Anyway, I'm proud of him and thankful to you all for giving him the edge he needed.

Now... To kick his ass back, because I ain't playing no mo.

Here are some pics from the game. Oh, and those aren't Beasts of Chaos he's fielding, they are the Freegors of Eastcity. It's a whole thing. Funny to us. I might tell you sometime.

Spoiler

20200223_135221.jpg.952eddd451abc71b3edf6742a4f9f004.jpg20200223_135231.jpg.cd18ad9f6bf68dca1d2a422630df5a75.jpg20200223_135238.jpg.3880a16175012df9f5df7b5ba072ce23.jpg20200223_135251.jpg.7a04536a28e07ebe6332346cd0f0404e.jpg20200223_152054.jpg.42dfe77853ddaa464c1eaf24179b93ab.jpg20200223_152108.jpg.24f7eaec09b68fc22fbbe5ef52aac78f.jpg20200223_152122.jpg.e19443faebad19730c8fc9ddaad6c78b.jpg20200223_161721.jpg.8c85606c86675f58b1dc300ab601d271.jpg20200223_161727.jpg.3d95aadf7160b8ab8f9e401c3e74d541.jpg

20200223_161713.jpg

Edited by EnixLHQ
  • Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone talked about or seen people using flagellants in a hallowheart list and giving them warding brand? I was thinking a unit of 20 could be a fun unit to take as a chaff wall to evocators on dracolines. I also thought that a stardrake could be a good unit to take as an tanking screen for the +1 to cast, ranged damage and can might be durable using the D6 heals spell. 

Screenshot_20200309-170050.png

54 minutes ago, Mace108 said:

Has anyone talked about or seen people using flagellants in a hallowheart list and giving them warding brand? I was thinking a unit of 20 could be a fun unit to take as a chaff wall to evocators on dracolines. I also thought that a stardrake could be a good unit to take as an tanking screen for the +1 to cast, ranged damage and can might be durable using the D6 heals spell. 

Screenshot_20200309-170050.png

Flagellants only deal mortal wounds when they flee, not when they die. So you need to have a lot of them flee to actually deal damage.

Not sure it's worth it :) Give it a try!

• Confused 1

I took the following to the Dutch Open and wound up coming 5th.  40 Flagellants with Warding Brand was a constant, if not game winning feature. For their points they certainly have a use, more of a defensive than offensive threat - making your opponent think twice about charging them. However, they are great at charging and tagging powerful combat units. They definitely accounted for a couple of Stonehorns and Ghoul Kings  over the weekend.

"Allegiance: Cities of Sigmar

Leaders
- Artefact: Thermalrider Cloak
- Spell: Lore of Whitefire - Sear Wounds (Hallowheart Wizard)
- Hallowheart 2nd Spell: Warding Brand
Sorceress (90)
- Spell: Lore of Whitefire - Roaming Wildfire (Hallowheart Wizard)
- Hallowheart 2nd Spell: Ignite Weapons
Battlemage (90)
- Artefact: Whitefire Tome - All Spells
- Mortal Realm: Hysh
Battlemage (90)
- Spell: Lore of Whitefire - Elemental Cyclone (Hallowheart Wizard)
- City Role: General's Adjutant (Must be 6 wounds or less)
- Mortal Realm: Azyr
Battlemage (90)
- General
- Trait: Famed Spell-hunter
- Hallowheart 2nd Spell: Elemental Cyclone
- Mortal Realm: Ghur

Battleline
40 x Flagellants (280)
20 x Freeguild Handgunners (200)
- City Role: Honoured Retinue (Must be 5-20 models)

Units
30 x Phoenix Guard (420)
5 x Khinerai Heartrenders (90)
- Allies
3 x Aetherwings (50)

Geminids of Uhl-Gysh (60)
Soulscream Bridge (80)
Umbral Spellportal (70)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 90 / 400
Wounds: 142

• Like 1

Phoenix Guard really have been the key unit for me, which they should be - since they're more than 20% of the army cost. As you can see I have Wildform in my list so typically I will bridge most of the army including the PG and give them a 6" charge with the option of a CP reroll. That's +1 from the Musician and +2 from Wildform, being 9" away after setting up around the bridge.

Generally speaking I will have Pha's Protection,  Mystic Shield and Ignite weapons on them, and may have already put Word of Pain through the Spell Portal.  They really become a choppy, hard to hit (-1/-2 to hit), hard to kill unit who can swarm an enemy and pin them in place.  They get through a lot of work and I always use them aggressively.

The Aetherwings were in this list as the tournament featured both Better part of Valour and Scorched Earth, and handy they were. Khinerai are always worth their points.

My lists used to contain the Incantor and Comet, but more and more the splash damage from that is not so effective - especially in the age of OBR.

Edited by Marc Wilson
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Marc Wilson said:

I took the following to the Dutch Open and wound up coming 5th.  40 Flagellants with Warding Brand was a constant, if not game winning feature. For their points they certainly have a use, more of a defensive than offensive threat - making your opponent think twice about charging them. However, they are great at charging and tagging powerful combat units. They definitely accounted for a couple of Stonehorns and Ghoul Kings  over the weekend.

"Allegiance: Cities of Sigmar

Leaders
- Artefact: Thermalrider Cloak
- Spell: Lore of Whitefire - Sear Wounds (Hallowheart Wizard)
- Hallowheart 2nd Spell: Warding Brand
Sorceress (90)
Battlemage (90)
- Artefact: Whitefire Tome - All Spells
- Mortal Realm: Hysh
Battlemage (90)
- Spell: Lore of Whitefire - Elemental Cyclone (Hallowheart Wizard)
- City Role: General's Adjutant (Must be 6 wounds or less)
- Mortal Realm: Azyr
Battlemage (90)
- General
- Trait: Famed Spell-hunter
- Hallowheart 2nd Spell: Elemental Cyclone
- Mortal Realm: Ghur

Battleline
40 x Flagellants (280)
20 x Freeguild Handgunners (200)
- City Role: Honoured Retinue (Must be 5-20 models)

Units
30 x Phoenix Guard (420)
5 x Khinerai Heartrenders (90)
- Allies
3 x Aetherwings (50)

Geminids of Uhl-Gysh (60)
Soulscream Bridge (80)
Umbral Spellportal (70)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 90 / 400
Wounds: 142

This is awesome!!

How did you choose between hand gunners and crossbows and how do you use them?

Also I worry that the Phoenix guard will get nerfed by the time I paint enough of them. 

How do you use the soul scream bridge? Is it really worth it as I figured most people would learn how to block it out. 

I was thinking about a Stardrake because I have one, it adds to +1 casting and could be good against hordes. What are your thoughts? 

On 3/13/2020 at 6:14 PM, Mace108 said:

This is awesome!!

How did you choose between hand gunners and crossbows and how do you use them?

Also I worry that the Phoenix guard will get nerfed by the time I paint enough of them. 

How do you use the soul scream bridge? Is it really worth it as I figured most people would learn how to block it out. 

I was thinking about a Stardrake because I have one, it adds to +1 casting and could be good against hordes. What are your thoughts? 

I feel the Phoenix Guard will be unaffected by points changes in the GHB as they're well costed as a stand alone unit. The only doubt seems to be if GW do away with massive regiment bonuses for the 30. Handgunners win out over crossbows for two reasons. Firstly there is a increasing need for rend in the game, and secondly they work will with the bridge, so don't really need the extra range since they'll be 9-16" away and get the bonus for not moving. The bridge is absolutely key to the list, the list doesn't work without it - it has little speed nor reach. Luckily the bonuses to cast, +3 to +8, make it a virtual certainty.

I'm not sure about the Stardrake in hallowheart - you don't really need that extra + to cast, but I know it has been used to good effect in Living City.

19 hours ago, Marc Wilson said:

I feel the Phoenix Guard will be unaffected by points changes in the GHB as they're well costed as a stand alone unit. The only doubt seems to be if GW do away with massive regiment bonuses for the 30. Handgunners win out over crossbows for two reasons. Firstly there is a increasing need for rend in the game, and secondly they work will with the bridge, so don't really need the extra range since they'll be 9-16" away and get the bonus for not moving. The bridge is absolutely key to the list, the list doesn't work without it - it has little speed nor reach. Luckily the bonuses to cast, +3 to +8, make it a virtual certainty.

I'm not sure about the Stardrake in hallowheart - you don't really need that extra + to cast, but I know it has been used to good effect in Living City.

Thanks man. Yeah I am not sure the stardrake is a great idea, what good do you think the stardake could do if had ignax for 4+MW, searing wounds could heal the stardrake back d6 wounds, also he could be minus 1 to hit through the battle mage hysh spell and also spend the CP to reroll 1s to hit. Do you think it could have a roll? Or should it just be another unit of Phoenix guard instead?