Cities of Sigmar : Lists and synergies tactica

Maturin

Gotta say that scourgerunner chariots seem like a steal for 60p. They're like mobile mini cannons. Each has 2 reliable shooting attacks that have chance to do d3 mw. For 180 you get 3 of them (I know they have mass bonus but bought seperately allows you to make them all leaders, thus giving them +1 to hit).

Is there anywhere points for corsairs? Didn't see them in the list.

• Like 3

- 3x Celestial Hurricanums (1-3 with mage as points allow)

- 1x Lord Arcanum (on Tauralon if desired) -- Unlock Stormcast endless spells; buy comet. Stardrake hero with wizard artifact if hallowheart and want to go big.

- 1x Black Ark Fleetmaster general.

- 3x3 Scourgerunner chariots battleline

-???  (whatever else you can squeeze in there. Phoenix temple comes to mind)

Drown your enemy in mortal wounds. Lose all your friends. Profit?

Edit; Don't forget to blast the mad max soundtrack while your crazy magic men and their chariot buddies roll up the field in a mana-fueled trainwreck of a convoy.

Edited by Mayple
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, kuroyume said:

Warding Lantern can only target an SCE unit for the save buff.

I know, but I was actually hoping there would be something in the book saying that SCE units could give their buffs to COS units :D
Please, tell me there is!

Edited by Maturin

17 hours ago, Maturin said:

Ok. Too bad the guy eats his words a bit, I'm not a native english speaker, it's a little bit blurry :).

EDIT VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE TO MY POST  THEY HAVENT UPDATED THE POINTS YET. I’ll be on the lookout for when they are.

Hi! Quick tip I noticed recently. If you use the app (you don’t have to pay) and select a unit for ‘my battle’ with the little hammer icon top right. Then go to the my battle in the bottom menu. Press show profiles top right corner. 

Et voila it shows all the points for the units. Hope that helps.  

59E1568E-162B-4AD9-98DF-D9AB560459AE.png.8c88d9ba10789f2aec3484a8c7f22725.png

Edited by Kramer

4 hours ago, angrycontra said:

Is there anywhere points for corsairs? Didn't see them in the list.

They‘re the big losers of the update. (Still 80pts If I remember correctly)

so far there seem to be 3 units that have no use (and Nö good synergies):

• Corsairs - plainly bad, no buff can save them. They become „4+, 4+“ playable at 15+ models though you‘d want max them out since they die like flies. (Imo painting 40 of these ultra-detailed Corsairs so they‘re playable is a no-go).

• Fleet Master - suffered the same fate as his mates (again). He‘s very cheap but he takes up a hero slot (imo these Slots will be maxed out by some cities).

• Drakespawn Knights. Pretty expensive while they do nothing. If they had a second lance Attack (they only have 1 lance attack atm) they might be okay. Currently they feel like a 100pts unit that costs 170. the buff by the dreadlord is a wasted CP since they still have only one lance attack which becomes a 3+, 3+, r-1. their mount‘s attacks (2 attacks per mount) become a 3+, 3+ with no rend. They feel like a 120 pts unit with the Dreadlord buff. I don‘t anyone will field them.

The big winners of the Update:

• Scourgerunner Chariot. Cheap with an adequate point cost, two shots, it‘s fast and feels right. And can be it‘s own champion.

• Drakespawn Chariot. At first this one feels rather bad, though it is cheap and can cause D3 MW on the charge on a 2+ (if these would synergise with a knight Heraldor they‘d be incredible!). Maybe there‘s a synergy which let‘s them retreat and charge again.

• Gyrocopter/Bomber: The costs are on point, their bombs are good.

Edited by JackStreicher

19 hours ago, dekay said:

I've gone through the changes in freeguild pistoliers and outriders and, well:

Pistoliers:

pistols changed from 5+ to 4+ to hit.

lost their melee pistol prifile, instead gaining 2 4+/4+/-/1 attacks.

reckless riders changed from run bonus to straight up re-roll charges.

gained 'hail of bullets' rule, allowing them to shoot immediately after their charge move.

Outriders:

now hit on 4+

can now shoot after running and retreating

+1 to hit skill changed into +1 shot from repeater handgun.

Both got 20 points cheaper. Needless to say, they got way better.

So. Still thinking of Tempest's Eye possibilities.

Outriders. Battleline and required for the battalion, so naturally, worth taking. For 100 pts you get 5d3+5 4+/3+/-1 shots. City's warlord trait adds +1 to wound. They have +2 to run and can shoot afterwards. In battalion they can also retreat and shoot. First turn threat range: up to 41 inches. Like.. damn.  Oh, and they have, of course, easy access to the Hurricanum [that, with 13+d6+1 run furst turn move can keep up with them] for +1 to hit, and wildform, for +2 additional threat range on one unit. 

I need those.

Where do you read the fact that Outriders now hit on a 4+ with their repeater handguns? When I look at the warscroll, I only see 5+ to hit with shooting? Am I missing something?

28 minutes ago, Rockman2k said:

Where do you read the fact that Outriders now hit on a 4+ with their repeater handguns? When I look at the warscroll, I only see 5+ to hit with shooting? Am I missing something?

I don't know either. Standing still gives them an extra attack though, which may have been confusing.

One hidden buff, is that they now move at 12 instead of 10, which I like to give them a light cav feel.

In tempest's eye, a KO company with 12 sky hooks can, with buffs, shoot 24 times hitting on 3s, with 2s against monsters and wounding on 2s. This is quite good. And this is no CP cost. Both hnadgunners and Cbow men can actually trivially get to 2 plus 2 plus. Indeed you can get to 1 plus 1 plus with handgunners and 2 plus 1 plus with Cbow men XD

2 hours ago, Rockman2k said:

Huh. Either I can't read or they fixed it in the last few hours, I swear it was 4+ yesterday. :D

Well, they need a hurricanum then, but potential 4+/2+ with it is still solid.

3 hours ago, zilberfrid said:

I don't know either. Standing still gives them an extra attack though, which may have been confusing.

One hidden buff, is that they now move at 12 instead of 10, which I like to give them a light cav feel.

The Champ from pistoliers get a repeater at 4+ 3+

7 minutes ago, Mandzak-Miniatures said:

So I understand that Aventis Firestrike can be your general in a Hammerhall army.

but I’ve heard people talking about taking lord arcanum on tauralon.

Can you just select any stormcast hero to be your general? 

Yeah, there should be no such limitation. The only one we know of is that 1 unit in 4 may be SCE. That's all.

5 minutes ago, Mandzak-Miniatures said:

Well if I can get in a celestant prime somehow I’ll be really happy then

Should be fun yeah, unless I'm mistaken though, SCE heroes won't be able to use their abilities on non SCE units, for example, a Lord-Castellan couldn't shine his lantern on a freeguild guards unit. That's a shame, because SCE heroes would open a lot of synergies.

24 minutes ago, Maturin said:

Should be fun yeah, unless I'm mistaken though, SCE heroes won't be able to use their abilities on non SCE units, for example, a Lord-Castellan couldn't shine his lantern on a freeguild guards unit. That's a shame, because SCE heroes would open a lot of synergies.

CoS units hardly interact with one another, it would be weird if SC units would.

11 minutes ago, Maturin said:

The Anvilguard spell which makes a unit have no save at all on 8+. Combine it with let's say SCE Hurricane raptors and tadaa!
What's that , your hero/monster has a 2+save ? Not anymore, here, take those 27 shots.

And use a sorceress to get +2 to the casting roll