The Painting Contract - October 2019

TheOtherJosh

October is winding down, and I did not nearly get everything done that I wanted to. But that was because it was a bit of a family-heavy month, which isn't a bad thing, of course.

Done:

• D&D figures for me and a friend of mine built, primed, painted.
  • 18 Pistoleers (2 horses were a bit hard to repair after a failed conversion project) built and primed
  • 20 Dark Riders (Empire Knights) built and primed
  • 5 Outriders built and primed
  • 5 Greatswords built and primed
  • 5 Demigryphs built and primed

Edited by zilberfrid
  • Like 1

On 10/26/2019 at 3:36 AM, Lowki said:

Knight of shrouds done, depending on how much time I have this weekend I may also finish one more.

Not so sure about the sword,. Quiet happy what you can do with one layer of Warp lightning, but for this it might look better with a "normal" steell/rust kind look. Any thoughts?

635043957_ChainRasp-full(1).jpg.9133cbf7ca67165c8e8602a514353771.jpg

The green on the sword aligns with the green on the base giving you a triangle... sword to front flames... front to back flames ... back flames to sword.

It works rather well indeed. 

Might work well with some brighter hilighting on the green  ... but it’s pretty awesome ... 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/26/2019 at 9:36 AM, Lowki said:

Knight of shrouds done, depending on how much time I have this weekend I may also finish one more.

Not so sure about the sword,. Quiet happy what you can do with one layer of Warp lightning, but for this it might look better with a "normal" steell/rust kind look. Any thoughts?

635043957_ChainRasp-full(1).jpg.9133cbf7ca67165c8e8602a514353771.jpg

987041811_ChainRasp-full(2).jpg.52804ea3e886fff588349633cd4f72fb.jpg

I’m with @TheOtherJosh. Don’t know if you did it intentionally or not but you framed the dark bad guy in the centre. With the brightness and colour of the flames he becomes that much more menacing and that’s what you want from tha bad dude. It’s very cinematic. For reference google nazgul scenes. They are always backlit to emphasise the same effect. 
If I had your skill I would brighten the sword up a bit like you suggested but that’s taste. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/2/2019 at 3:01 PM, RandyRyan said:

Well last month was partially successful, got 10 Bloodletters done and made a start on 5 Bloodreavers but was very distracted by my Splintered Fang warband turning up and Gotrek being released!

So this month:

Finish my Splintered Fang warband

Finish Gotrek

5x Hallowed Knights Sequitors

I would also like to paint something for Cities of Sigmar but am waiting for the book to decide on colour schemes.

Well, I got my Splintered Fang done. I've done a bit of work on Gotrek and the Sequitors, I also got very distracted by the Anvilgard start collecting set and have built a Kharibdyss. Also got 10 Greatswords "battle ready" minus their bases as I have yet to commit to a scheme for them... overall a pretty productive month for me. Now to see if the rumoured Slaves to Darkness arrive to throw my plans into disarray again!

20191030_151316.jpg

20191030_151323.jpg

20191030_151334.jpg

• Like 3

On 9/27/2019 at 8:11 PM, Maxi99 said:

20 Tzaangors and a Magister which will finish off my 2K Tzeentch army!

Stretch goal is to work out a paint scheme for Bonereapers on a morghast.

Well the Tzaangors got finished. Didn’t manage to make a start on the Magister as I got caught up in Armies in Parade.  

Finished:

20 Tzaangors

Bloodthirster

Lotr Balrog for a Xmas present

I played about with colours for Bonereapers as well, so although I never finished the morghast that I was experimenting on I know the scheme I’m going for.

Pics to follow this evening 😀

Thanks @Kramer and @TheOtherJosh for the feedback, much appreciated.

I didn't realize it until you said so, but indeed now I look at it is a bit of a triangle  framing the knight. 

I would lie if I said I did it on purpose. Maybe I did it subconsciously visually. I now added a little hightlight (hope I didn't overdo it) and also some reflection in the horse armour.

ChainRasp-full-new.jpg.afa17438f8fd9161bec830ddaad331f6.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lowki said:

Thanks @Kramer and @TheOtherJosh for the feedback, much appreciated.

I didn't realize it until you said so, but indeed now I look at it is a bit of a triangle  framing the knight. 

I would lie if I said I did it on purpose. Maybe I did it subconsciously visually. I now added a little hightlight (hope I didn't overdo it) and also some reflection in the horse armour.

ChainRasp-full-new.jpg.afa17438f8fd9161bec830ddaad331f6.jpg

Not overdone at all. Great model. You should be proud

• Thanks 1