Swifthawk agents and eldritch council squatted?

Kempak

On 9/27/2019 at 8:15 AM, EccentricCircle said:

The models may be gone, but they still have points in the Generals Handbook, so the factions are still just as playable as they ever were so long as you have the models. Whether that will continue to be the case remains to be seen, but I'd imagine most reasonable opponents would let you take the odd discontinued model so long as it fit the army.

Ah, so still barely playable at all you mean.

• Like 1

My plan is to play my Eldritch Council as Freeguild.

Swordmasters = Greatswords

Loremaster = Freeguild General

Archmage = Battlemage

All wargear options match up, and they play similar to EC by looking at the warscrolls. Dark evles could work, but I like the rules for the greatswords and battlemages more.

Still reasonably WYSIWYG, so hopefully shouldn't be an issue with people.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Coyote said:

Sorry 😀

I had to laugh at the mental image of the (probably justified) 1 man riot trying to explain the reason for the riot to the Police that just pepper sprayed and tased the single rioter 

“See there’s this game and.... Ahh Ahh!”  Zizzt zizzt zizzt zizzt

Hey every riot starts *somewhere* :D

On 9/27/2019 at 10:13 AM, Zanzou said:

It will also be better for us playing home-games when GW releases their promised matched points for every legends unit next year as well...  Then you can house rule which units are allowed in each city, etc, without having to worry too much about the points being way way off.

As most games I play are home games, this is a positive way to look at this. Most of my unhappiness at loosing the greenskins and high elf/ warrior priests is disappearing. Thanks for this post and not sure why I was getting so down. 

33 minutes ago, MasterMoulder said:

My plan is to play my Eldritch Council as Freeguild.

Swordmasters = Greatswords

Loremaster = Freeguild General

Archmage = Battlemage

All wargear options match up, and they play similar to EC by looking at the warscrolls. Dark evles could work, but I like the rules for the greatswords and battlemages more.

Still reasonably WYSIWYG, so hopefully shouldn't be an issue with people.

That does sound good!

Random spearmen or Lothern Seaguard could just as well work like Freeguild guard.

I'd also just use archers with crossbowmen rules if you want the general to work wel together.

On 9/27/2019 at 4:13 PM, Zanzou said:

It will also be better for us playing home-games when GW releases their promised matched points for every legends unit next year as well...  Then you can house rule which units are allowed in each city, etc, without having to worry too much about the points being way way off.

Wait!? There was announcement of legendwarscrolls getting points😦😧😯😮😲😀😃😍

19 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Wait!? There was announcement of legendwarscrolls getting points😦😧😯😮😲😀😃😍

"What’s more, in the near future, we’ll be giving all Warhammer Age of Sigmar Legends the same treatment, meaning they too will be getting matched play points for your battles. You’ll see these rolled out in the new year."

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/08/29/breaking-news-sisters-psykers-and-skeletonsgw-homepage-post-4/

2 hours ago, Ania Redfang said:

Planning on maybe doing a Tempest's Eye army for my Dwarves and using Thunderers and Quarrelers as the Kharadron units. Quarrelers have the axes and the crossbows can count as the pistols. Thunderers can be Grundstock Thunderers. 

You’re missing out on the point of arkanaut companies without their weapons

On 9/29/2019 at 10:08 PM, stratigo said:

You’re missing out on the point of arkanaut companies without their weapons

Yeah that's my only issue. I'll probably get a couple of Arknaut Boxes to convert up with the older models, end up with Arknaut guys but with the stylings of Dispossessed.

I want to, eventually, do Dwarf versions of all the units, Dwarf Demigryphs etc.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Televiper11 said:

I want to run the following:

• Dragonlord as a Dark Lord On Dragon
  • Swordmasters as Great Swords
  • Reavers as Dark Riders
  • Loremaster & Archmage as Battlemages

Those are straight conversios, and would fit perfectly. Perhaps with something on the reavers to indicate the Dark Rider's scaryness.

On 9/27/2019 at 4:57 PM, Forrix said:

Honestly that's why I think so many of the High Elf kits got retired. They were very similar to their Dark Elf counterparts and the Dark Elf kits were newer and better looking for the most part. There was a picture somewhere on here of someone who kitbashed the Executioners with the heads for the Blackguard and painted them in High Elf colors. They basically just looked like updated Swordmasters.

You wouldn’t happen to have a link to that would you? :)

Just a little heads up to confirm a couple of things. According to Ben Johnson in Warhammer live today any points and allegience abilities from the ghb will be valid until the next one comes out. 

After that they will be moved to legends which will have points but won't be permitted in most tournaments. 

So you still have 9 months in which you can run an order draconis or swifthawk army in a tournament. 

On 10/1/2019 at 8:57 AM, chord said:

Anyone plan on stripping and redoing their models?  I am hoping to avoid that.

No. But I also originally painted my aelves with a darker aesthetic so it fits better. I am just mashing them into my darkling covens force as more executioners/darkspears/dark riders. 

On 10/2/2019 at 2:11 PM, Thiagoma said:

Drives me mad the fact that they kept Order Serpentis and removed Draconis.

Serpentis didnt see the table, do not have a noble and their rules are awfull even in CoS!

I preferred the aesthetic of the serpentis over Draconis, but you are absolutely correct that their rules were horrendously bad even compared to other outdated factions like Draconis. 

Edited by TheCovenLord

5 hours ago, TheCovenLord said:

No. But I also originally painted my aelves with a darker aesthetic so it fits better. I am not just mashing them into my darkling covens force as more executioners/darkspears/dark riders. 

I preferred the aesthetic of the serpentis over Draconis, but you are absolutely correct that their rules were horrendously bad even compared to other outdated factions like Draconis. 

I am biased because Order Draconis have all my favorite models. That said i intended to just use my Draconis as Serpentis and oh boy...  GW killed a fun alpha strike force (that would shine with its new allies) and didnt revamp Serpentis rules to fill the void. 

I feel the same with Eldritch Council. Now with Hallowheart you spam Battlemages, but with EC you would have archmages, Loremasters and the 2 Dragon Casters warscrolls. Instead we have the Sorceress that doesnt have a whole log going on for her except her CA...

Feels like the Dark Elf counterparts are just way worse than the HE ones.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thiagoma said:

I am biased because Order Draconis have all my favorite models. That said i intended to just use my Draconis as Serpentis and oh boy...  GW killed a fun alpha strike force (that would shine with its new allies) and didnt revamp Serpentis rules to fill the void. 

I feel the same with Eldritch Council. Now with Hallowheart you spam Battlemages, but with EC you would have archmages, Loremasters and the 2 Dragon Casters warscrolls. Instead we have the Sorceress that doesnt have a whole log going on for her except her CA...

Yea some of the flavor is a bit wonky. What is very strange to me is the one spell/dispel for sorceress/sorceress on dragon. I was fairly certain single spell casters were on their way out. It would ahve also been a fantastic option to differentiate the sorceress on foot from the dragon sorceress and make selecting the dragon mounted sorceress more appealing if they gave her 2 casts over her on foot counterpart. As it stands the on foot is STILL more appealing as her innate spell is genuinely better.

Edited by TheCovenLord

18 hours ago, Thiagoma said:

Agreed the Eldritch council was interesting and would have liked to seen a wider variety of mages.