AoS 2 - Phoenicium Discussion

Thiagoma

I dont understand the insistance on Phoenicium to be the "sacrifice" city. Didnt work on Firestorm, as if it had been rushed with its rules, and still doesnt work well now.

It uses the thematic of the most resilient faction in the game but its perks comes at expense of getting killed, so your best bet is to take a lot of suicide units to boost your expensive ones, but at the same time, the OTHER perks involve Phoenix Spam, so it ends up in a hot mess.

I mean, i would love if my old Phoenix Temple had those abilities in contrast of well, none. I got 3 Phoenixes and 60 Guards ready to rumble, but in the end of the day, the other city perks arew way better for a Phoenix army.

Living city? Oh yes ninja Phoenixes! Hallowheart (even with few mages) for the juicy armor bonus and buffs? Yes please!

All those traits are easier to pull off in a reliable way and incredibly good.

And i dont want to be negative, by all means, if anyone can figure out a way to play Phoenicium in an effective way, i would love to learn those tactics because i love playing with my bird toys!

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Thiagoma said:

I dont understand the insistance on Phoenicium to be the "sacrifice" city. Didnt work on Firestorm, as if it had been rushed with its rules, and still doesnt work well now.

It uses the thematic of the most resilient faction in the game but its perks comes at expense of getting killed, so your best bet is to take a lot of suicide units to boost your expensive ones, but at the same time, the OTHER perks involve Phoenix Spam, so it ends up in a hot mess.

I mean, i would love if my old Phoenix Temple had those abilities in contrast of well, none. I got 3 Phoenixes and 60 Guards ready to rumble, but in the end of the day, the other city perks arew way better for a Phoenix army.

Living city? Oh yes ninja Phoenixes! Hallowheart (even with few mages) for the juicy armor bonus and buffs? Yes please!

All those traits are easier to pull off in a reliable way and incredibly good.

And i dont want to be negative, by all means, if anyone can figure out a way to play Phoenicium in an effective way, i would love to learn those tactics because i love playing with my bird toys!

Ignore the trait. It isn't important. You have a strike after death CA. That is huge. It is one of the best command abilities in the game. And a pile of healing on top of a already very difficult to kill monsters.

• Like 1

So ive been thinking about a phoenicium army since i pick up the new book and i have writen an army list for people to critic
General: Battlemage , command trait: one with fire and ice

Battleline: 3 unit of 10 flaglents

Heroes: Annointed on frostheart, Annointed on flamespyre (both have a treasure) Annointed on foot (adjutant) and Assassin.

Others: 20 phonix guard (retinue)

Battalion: phoenix flight

im not actualy sure what spells i should take hence the command trait over the no battleshock one, als not sure which phoenix annointed to give which item. Finally i reliesed i miss warpriest.

18 minutes ago, Sennyo said:

So ive been thinking about a phoenicium army since i pick up the new book and i have writen an army list for people to critic
General: Battlemage , command trait: one with fire and ice

Battleline: 3 unit of 10 flaglents

Heroes: Annointed on frostheart, Annointed on flamespyre (both have a treasure) Annointed on foot (adjutant) and Assassin.

Others: 20 phonix guard (retinue)

Battalion: phoenix flight

im not actualy sure what spells i should take hence the command trait over the no battleshock one, als not sure which phoenix annointed to give which item. Finally i reliesed i miss warpriest.

My gut feeling is that small units of flagellants will be killed before they ever see combat, so you won't get the buff from their deaths.

So I've been thinking about a phoenician army list, and I have  a concept I've sketched out I'd like to throw out there. First however, I'd like to post this unit guide on the Phoenix Guard I found. Note- this guide was made *before* cities was released, however is recent enough that the unit profile it uses was the one immediately before cities. Since they've only been *buffed* since then (and in the only area the guide finds wanting, their rend), I'd think that it's still relevant.

Important to note- this guy believed they were possibly the best melee unit in the game at the time without the rend, and had calculations he had made as evidence. So with rend they have to at least be in the top 5 or something I'd think. The author of this actually thought they'd be *nerfed*, if anything XD. That *on it's own* may be enough to warrant thinking about the phoenix city. Linky- https://thehonestwargamer.com/aos-unit-rundowns/invincible-murder-aelves-aka-phoenix-guard/

In case the list I want to type out takes longer to type then I have the ability to stay awake, I'll post this part first, since I'd hate to wait to see discussion on the unit rundown in the morning.

EDIT: Reason I'm posting this is because I feel it's important to understand the strengths of this unit before judging a phoenix list. I'm a total newb basically, but in the event this persons study is correct, this unit is *huge*. And as far as I could tell from skimming this forum topic, no one else has really reacted to the unit- or the fact that it was buffed- all that notably.

Edited by Drake Arron

So, I bought a bunch of phoenixes and guard before cities hoping to play an elf mix, I'd like to play them still. I'm a little confused on how cities works. Do I have to use phoenicium, can i be hallowheart and still use my phoenixes and guard?

The only restriction I could find is to use phoenix guard as battle line you have to have a phoenix temple as your general

The list I'm considering, after which I'll explain the choices.

Leader-

1 Anointed (General)

Aura of Serenity, Phoenix Pinion

1 Sorceress, Adjutant

(Spell) Golden Mist

1 Anointed on Frostheart Phoenix

Phoenix Pyre Ashes

Battleline-

20 Phoenix Guard, Retinue

30 Phoenix Guard

20 Bleakswords

Behemoth (x2)

1 Flamespyre Phoenix

Battalion-

1 Phoenix Flight

Other-

6 Prosecutors

Celestial Hammer&Shield, 2 Grandblades

Endless Spell

Gemenids of Uhl-Ghyish

Extra CP- 1 (from battalion)

Ok, so, starting from the top-

Anointed General- I picked him firstly because I wanted to be able to gain the command points from the Adjutant rule, as this list- and probably phoenicians in general- look to be pretty command point heavy. Secondly, having someone at the center of the battlefield to give out commands, as well as the all important synergistic command of the anointed himself seems like a  good idea to me, and of course there wouldn't be much point to doing that with a phoenix. Finally, it had to be an anointed as the general to make the phoenix guard battleline, and without that there would be a whole lot more wasted points on filler.

His aura is basically there to make my units even more implaceable then they already are. I debated going with the combat enhancement option for a trait, but that just seemed not as good for the overall army. However, due to his artifact it *might* make him good at hero sniping, so is a consideration. His artifact, the Mercuries slippers basically, is mostly there because I couldn't think of a better one to give- it may well be possible there is a better one in the ghyran arsenal, but I'm not that experienced and looking through all of them isn't an option for me atm. It does make his battleshock immune aura more maneuverable, however, as well as getting him out of danger if need be which is nice.

Sorceress- She is basically here because I needed a mage on the cheap, and as long as you can afford to support her (hopefully the unit of 20 likely battleshock immune bleakswords can do that), she seems to me to be much better then a battlemage. As a bonus, she can help the frostheart phoenix to pile on the debuffs.

Anointed on Frostheart Phoenix- This should be pretty self explanatory to most people here going by what I've read- debuffs the enemy, helps your stuff, etc etc etc. If need be I can right more I suppose, but I don't want to waste words (even though I tend to do that as you can see... xD). The artifact I gave it, like the one on my general, might well be outpaced by something else I just couldn't bother to find.

Phoenix Guard- My post above and it's linked unit rundown along with your own knowledge should be enough for these guys : P, unit of 20 to protect the general as well as fight and unit of 30 as the main force.

Bleakswords- If you've read the guide on phoenix guard above, one of the tactics he suggested was to have a screening unit that can help you counter charge the enemy. That's half the reason these guys are here- over freeguild because they're only 20 points more to synergize with the sorceress and have better bodies. The other half is basically just filler.

Flamespyre Phoenix- Much like the other phoenix, fairly self explanatory. Taken to fill the battleline requirement, though in tandem with the next unit it could make an excellent deterrent to early game aggression.

Battalion- Too good not to take in my opinion, healing a wound each turn basically across your army is huge, even though it won't effect the troops.

Prosecutors- These guys are meant to work with one or both of the phoenixes to stop early game attacks, either from units that can charge turn 1 somehow (if your the first to play), or from shooting in the opposing army. I *think* this tactic would be huge against opposing shooting armies, because from my experience with nurgle so far just walking up the board doesn't do much and 2 phoenix' probably isn't enough to really stop them from taking you out. I could be totally wrong about this idea though, and the phoenix' (and potentially endless spell) alone would be enough.

Endless Spell- So, fun fact, with the release of cities this may be the first time that geminids are played at *full* power- not sure it's even possible to play a game in two realms at once atm. But due to how I'm *pretty* sure our faction-wide wizards rule works, they can be played as if you were in two realms here! Which ups their mortal wounds to a likely 2 at least, meaning that they actually have decent offensive power with us as well as helping stack another debuff on the enemy.

After typing all this out, I do have another version I might like to try- replacing the sorceress with a stormcast mage, taking out the darkling battleline and prosecutors, and adding in a as-many-as-possible liberators unit. However, I'm tired and don't want all these thoughts I've typed out to go to waste, so I'll post this version now to see your all's thoughts :P. Thanks, and sorry for my lengthy typing hehe ;>.<

21 minutes ago, beaubinski said:

So, I bought a bunch of phoenixes and guard before cities hoping to play an elf mix, I'd like to play them still. I'm a little confused on how cities works. Do I have to use phoenicium, can i be hallowheart and still use my phoenixes and guard?

The only restriction I could find is to use phoenix guard as battle line you have to have a phoenix temple as your general

yes you can, and phoenix guard are a solid choice in almost every city.

3 hours ago, Laststand said:

The vengeful revenants ability says the +1 +1 buff happens if a unit has been destroyed in the same phase.

What it doesnt say is how long the buff lasts. Is it permanent or only in that phase?

Only it that phase. 

19 hours ago, Drake Arron said:

The list I'm considering, after which I'll explain the choices.

Leader-

1 Anointed (General)

Aura of Serenity, Phoenix Pinion

1 Sorceress, Adjutant

(Spell) Golden Mist

1 Anointed on Frostheart Phoenix

Phoenix Pyre Ashes

Battleline-

20 Phoenix Guard, Retinue

30 Phoenix Guard

20 Bleakswords

Behemoth (x2)

1 Flamespyre Phoenix

Battalion-

1 Phoenix Flight

Other-

6 Prosecutors

Celestial Hammer&Shield, 2 Grandblades

Endless Spell

Gemenids of Uhl-Ghyish

Extra CP- 1 (from battalion)

Ok, so, starting from the top-

Anointed General- I picked him firstly because I wanted to be able to gain the command points from the Adjutant rule, as this list- and probably phoenicians in general- look to be pretty command point heavy. Secondly, having someone at the center of the battlefield to give out commands, as well as the all important synergistic command of the anointed himself seems like a  good idea to me, and of course there wouldn't be much point to doing that with a phoenix. Finally, it had to be an anointed as the general to make the phoenix guard battleline, and without that there would be a whole lot more wasted points on filler.

His aura is basically there to make my units even more implaceable then they already are. I debated going with the combat enhancement option for a trait, but that just seemed not as good for the overall army. However, due to his artifact it *might* make him good at hero sniping, so is a consideration. His artifact, the Mercuries slippers basically, is mostly there because I couldn't think of a better one to give- it may well be possible there is a better one in the ghyran arsenal, but I'm not that experienced and looking through all of them isn't an option for me atm. It does make his battleshock immune aura more maneuverable, however, as well as getting him out of danger if need be which is nice.

Sorceress- She is basically here because I needed a mage on the cheap, and as long as you can afford to support her (hopefully the unit of 20 likely battleshock immune bleakswords can do that), she seems to me to be much better then a battlemage. As a bonus, she can help the frostheart phoenix to pile on the debuffs.

Anointed on Frostheart Phoenix- This should be pretty self explanatory to most people here going by what I've read- debuffs the enemy, helps your stuff, etc etc etc. If need be I can right more I suppose, but I don't want to waste words (even though I tend to do that as you can see... xD). The artifact I gave it, like the one on my general, might well be outpaced by something else I just couldn't bother to find.

Phoenix Guard- My post above and it's linked unit rundown along with your own knowledge should be enough for these guys : P, unit of 20 to protect the general as well as fight and unit of 30 as the main force.

Bleakswords- If you've read the guide on phoenix guard above, one of the tactics he suggested was to have a screening unit that can help you counter charge the enemy. That's half the reason these guys are here- over freeguild because they're only 20 points more to synergize with the sorceress and have better bodies. The other half is basically just filler.

Flamespyre Phoenix- Much like the other phoenix, fairly self explanatory. Taken to fill the battleline requirement, though in tandem with the next unit it could make an excellent deterrent to early game aggression.

Battalion- Too good not to take in my opinion, healing a wound each turn basically across your army is huge, even though it won't effect the troops.

Prosecutors- These guys are meant to work with one or both of the phoenixes to stop early game attacks, either from units that can charge turn 1 somehow (if your the first to play), or from shooting in the opposing army. I *think* this tactic would be huge against opposing shooting armies, because from my experience with nurgle so far just walking up the board doesn't do much and 2 phoenix' probably isn't enough to really stop them from taking you out. I could be totally wrong about this idea though, and the phoenix' (and potentially endless spell) alone would be enough.

Endless Spell- So, fun fact, with the release of cities this may be the first time that geminids are played at *full* power- not sure it's even possible to play a game in two realms at once atm. But due to how I'm *pretty* sure our faction-wide wizards rule works, they can be played as if you were in two realms here! Which ups their mortal wounds to a likely 2 at least, meaning that they actually have decent offensive power with us as well as helping stack another debuff on the enemy.

After typing all this out, I do have another version I might like to try- replacing the sorceress with a stormcast mage, taking out the darkling battleline and prosecutors, and adding in a as-many-as-possible liberators unit. However, I'm tired and don't want all these thoughts I've typed out to go to waste, so I'll post this version now to see your all's thoughts :P. Thanks, and sorry for my lengthy typing hehe ;>.<

I was thinking about a similar list though I went more of an msu build with 2 min units of bleakswords and 2 units of flagellants to take advantage of the trait. You think theres any validity to that approach?

55 minutes ago, Jd_Esquire said:

I was thinking about a similar list though I went more of an msu build with 2 min units of bleakswords and 2 units of flagellants to take advantage of the trait. You think theres any validity to that approach?

Not really, not if it's a minimum unit of flaggelants. they'll get killed far too quickly for the buff to be relevant imo.

5 minutes ago, Drake Arron said:

Not really, not if it's a minimum unit of flaggelants. they'll get killed far too quickly for the buff to be relevant imo.

That's fair, I think I liked the idea of Phoenix temple worshippers running around with feathers and burns too much

Edited by Jd_Esquire

So i've been thinking about the following list:

Leaders:

Anointed
- General
- Aura of serenity

Anointed on Frostheart
- Amber Armour

Anointed on Flamespyre
- Hypersnare Seeds

Sorceress
- Generals Adjutant
- Golden Mist

Battleline:

Phoenix Guard x 20 
- Retinue

Phoenix Guard x 30

Dreadspears x20
- Lordling, Standard Bearer, Hornblower

Other:

Scourgerunner Chariot
- High Beastmaster

Scourgerunner Chariot
- High Beastmaster

Battalion: Phoenix Flight

Thoughts/Tactics:

The chariots dont look to bad as a potential 'sacrificial' unit in order to get the +1/+1 buff from the City ability. Due to their base size they can also act as a great screen. Their range attacks should pip a few wounds down on select targets like weak characters or even whittle down front line chaff. Multi wound model, means that they should survive on the table to get up to the enemy. They have a 5+ save and 6 wounds, so they can easily be killed off when eventually they get sent into a combat to die for the buff. Also only 60 points.

Phoenix's, Phoenix Guard and battalion speaks for itself. Interested in trying out the Hypersnare to help protect the Phoenix and/or just general movement shenanigans which should allow further board control. But this item could be traded out for anything else.  

Sorceress, to increase your ability to heal. Dreadspears to act as front line wall so that they take the charge and useful for Sorceress' sacrifice. 

On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 9:41 AM, Ephilmeer said:

So i've been thinking about the following list:

Leaders:

Anointed
- General
- Aura of serenity

Anointed on Frostheart
- Amber Armour

Anointed on Flamespyre
- Hypersnare Seeds

Sorceress
- Generals Adjutant
- Golden Mist

Battleline:

Phoenix Guard x 20 
- Retinue

Phoenix Guard x 30

Dreadspears x20
- Lordling, Standard Bearer, Hornblower

Other:

Scourgerunner Chariot
- High Beastmaster

Scourgerunner Chariot
- High Beastmaster

Battalion: Phoenix Flight

Thoughts/Tactics:

The chariots dont look to bad as a potential 'sacrificial' unit in order to get the +1/+1 buff from the City ability. Due to their base size they can also act as a great screen. Their range attacks should pip a few wounds down on select targets like weak characters or even whittle down front line chaff. Multi wound model, means that they should survive on the table to get up to the enemy. They have a 5+ save and 6 wounds, so they can easily be killed off when eventually they get sent into a combat to die for the buff. Also only 60 points.

Phoenix's, Phoenix Guard and battalion speaks for itself. Interested in trying out the Hypersnare to help protect the Phoenix and/or just general movement shenanigans which should allow further board control. But this item could be traded out for anything else.  

Sorceress, to increase your ability to heal. Dreadspears to act as front line wall so that they take the charge and useful for Sorceress' sacrifice. 

Almost exactly the same list I was thinking of taking.  I didn't go for the chariots though.  Opted for a command point so can use the Death Frenzy on turn 1 when charged by all sorts of badness plus endless spells - definitely want Lifeswarm for the D6 PG restoration and also think it needs some other source of mortal wound output so think the Swords will be what I try first.  I think the bonus for unit wipeout is a nice but  I am not going to design the list around it   

Allegiance: Cities of Sigmar
- Mortal Realm: Ghyran
- City: Phoenicium
LEADERS
Anointed of Asuryan on Frostheart Phoenix (320)
- General
- Command Trait : One with Fire and Ice - Golden Mist
- Artefact : Phoenix Pyre Ashes
Anointed of Asuryan on Frostheart Phoenix (320)
Battlemage (90)
- Spell : Lore of the Phoenix - Golden Mist (Phoenicium Wizard)
- Mortal Realm : Hysh
Battlemage (90)
- Spell : Lore of the Phoenix - Amber Tide (Phoenicium Wizard)
- Mortal Realm : Ghur
Knight-Incantor (140)
- Spell : Lore of the Phoenix -Phoenix Cries (Phoenicium Wizard)
UNITS
30 x Phoenix Guard (420)
10 x Phoenix Guard (160)
5 x Wild Riders (130)
5 x Wild Riders (130)
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warblade & Shield
- 1 x Grandblades
ENDLESS SPELLS / TERRAIN / COMMAND POINTS
Emerald Lifeswarm (50)
Extra Command Point (50)
TOTAL: 2000/2000 EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 1 WOUNDS: 109
LEADERS: 5/6 BATTLELINES: 3 (3+) BEHEMOTHS: 2/4 ARTILLERY: 0/4
ARTEFACTS: 1/1 ALLIES: 0/400

Edited by Raffonerd

Thought i would look at a Phoenicium list with some of the stuff I have on hand:

Phoenicium City
Ghyran

Anointed (General) One with fire and ice (Golden Mist) - Will sit in the rear of the 30 PG
BattleMage (Lore tbd) Ambertide (To cast lifeswarm plus support spell)
Anointed on Frostheart
Anointed on Frostheart
Anointed on Frostheart (3 bird strike force. If vs non shooting They might flank the PG block and move up together if vs huge combat army. If not they will head off together and hit the biggest unit)
30 Phoenix Guard
10 Phoenix Guard (Retinue, sit behind big PG to defend command and support when needed)
10 Darkshards (using HE archers for this unit. I wanted some little fire support)
10 Shadow Warriors (these guys are great! I wanted 2 but out of points)
Emerald life swarm

So main idea same as WH. Frosthearts go get in the face of people. They get +1 wound for Phoenicium, and with lifeswarm (and mists if in range) they can stay around. That is a lot of Rend 1 2 damage attacks.

Anointed on foot and mage move up surrounded by PG in a block that wont budge, again being healed.

Shadow warriors are a great little unit now, and will either drop to take out unit holding objectives (as many times its 5 heartrenders or 10 weak models) or go for annoying units like ranged shooters or support wizards.

Darkshards are there as I have the points spare for a small core unit, and I wanted some fire support. 20 shots 4+/4+ at range 16 isnt bad, and can be good to help deal with flanking small units so my main PG block doesnt need to divert attention. The 10 PG as the same, able to react to flanking threats and protecting the command team

15 hours ago, Chumphammer said:

Thought i would look at a Phoenicium list with some of the stuff I have on hand:

Phoenicium City
Ghyran

Anointed (General) One with fire and ice (Golden Mist) - Will sit in the rear of the 30 PG
BattleMage (Lore tbd) Ambertide (To cast lifeswarm plus support spell)
Anointed on Frostheart
Anointed on Frostheart
Anointed on Frostheart (3 bird strike force. If vs non shooting They might flank the PG block and move up together if vs huge combat army. If not they will head off together and hit the biggest unit)
30 Phoenix Guard
10 Phoenix Guard (Retinue, sit behind big PG to defend command and support when needed)
10 Darkshards (using HE archers for this unit. I wanted some little fire support)
10 Shadow Warriors (these guys are great! I wanted 2 but out of points)
Emerald life swarm

So main idea same as WH. Frosthearts go get in the face of people. They get +1 wound for Phoenicium, and with lifeswarm (and mists if in range) they can stay around. That is a lot of Rend 1 2 damage attacks.

Anointed on foot and mage move up surrounded by PG in a block that wont budge, again being healed.

Shadow warriors are a great little unit now, and will either drop to take out unit holding objectives (as many times its 5 heartrenders or 10 weak models) or go for annoying units like ranged shooters or support wizards.

Darkshards are there as I have the points spare for a small core unit, and I wanted some fire support. 20 shots 4+/4+ at range 16 isnt bad, and can be good to help deal with flanking small units so my main PG block doesnt need to divert attention. The 10 PG as the same, able to react to flanking threats and protecting the command team

Why no sorceress instead of bmage then?

Anyway, it's similar to mine. I think that wild riders can give you a better support (lack of mobility  + Great with the phoenicium command) then the third phoenix. But i think they both can work with the great command ability.  Also you lose the cast if you move your phoenix all ahead. For me it's better to have mist on the phoenix so they can fight with riders everywhere without losing the +1 ts bonus totally.

Edited by Raffonerd

24 minutes ago, CrashQuest said:

Guessing Phoenix's are too mandatory for Phoenicium 😂

Well you’re just missing out on one of the three battle traits for the city entirely without at least 1. 

I’ve also entertained fleetmaster + corsairs. I think they could get nasty with the bonus to hit and wound proccing. Of course you have to get it, and I’m trying to come up with ways to make it more guaranteed. 

But honestly the hit and wound bonus seems like a last few turns bonus to give your guys a little more hitting power in the late game. The real full time benefit to the city is the Living Idols command ability. 

45 minutes ago, Ignatius "Nate" T said:

But honestly the hit and wound bonus seems like a last few turns bonus to give your guys a little more hitting power in the late game. The real full time benefit to the city is the Living Idols command ability. 

You got the point.

That's why i've in wild rider. If they charge they go rend -2 2 damage and if they die they attack again plus they buff others.

The best would be Bmage/Fleetmaster general with no bshock aura and 20 guards to cover it. Corsairs have ts 4 against shooting and with 2 melee weapon plus the command they have 4 aa each. So if they die, they attack and they don't test.

3 hours ago, Raffonerd said:

You got the point.

That's why i've in wild rider. If they charge they go rend -2 2 damage and if they die they attack again plus they buff others.

The best would be Bmage/Fleetmaster general with no bshock aura and 20 guards to cover it. Corsairs have ts 4 against shooting and with 2 melee weapon plus the command they have 4 aa each. So if they die, they attack and they don't test.

Good to hear I’m not the only one who’s shifted to trying to make the most out of the command ability. Units like wild riders that are great for 1 turn and lose effectiveness are prime targets, especially considering they are going to die anyways. Sure you can use it on Phoenix guard but it’s not entirely necessary. 

Something like wild riders are a freaking awesome unit to use this on. One of two things is going to happen here. 1)you chose the wild riders first and you get to attack twice at -2 2 damage which is awesome 

or

2) you purposefully don’t choose the wild riders first and pick some other unit (hopefully some little dude like an anointed, fleetmaster, etc.), essentially tempting your opponent to kill off your wild riders. They do so, and while you won’t be attacking twice, you’ll still get an activation AND proc the hit / wound bonus for any other units you have. 

I don’t think the battle trait is so pointless that we should ignore it, but I don’t think it’s something super reliable. In cases like this though I think it’s possible to essentially force it.