Battleforce 2019 speculations

Minis by Night

Pretty happy with those, particularly the Nighthaunt box, that's about 3/4 of the stuff I was looking to buy anyway.

Was looking to start a Skaven army potentially, but not Pestilens so thats a hard no.

Stormcast is interesting, might go for that.

Gitz is a bit hit or miss. Would obviously like more Squigs, then the other stuff in the box is basically free if those price leaks are legit.

1 minute ago, mojojojo101 said:

Was looking to start a Skaven army potentially, but not Pestilens so thats a hard no.

Don't forget the plague catapult also makes the warp lightning gun; whilst the screaming bell fits into pretty much every skaven army. So the only thing plague in there that is only plague are the monks and they also fit into regular skaven armies. 

5 minutes ago, Overread said:

Don't forget the plague catapult also makes the warp lightning gun; whilst the screaming bell fits into pretty much every skaven army. So the only thing plague in there that is only plague are the monks and they also fit into regular skaven armies. 

Yeh, it's kind of a priorities thing though. Pretty sure I will be able to stretch to 3 boxes, 4 almost certainly not. The Skaven one is more expensive in those leaks and the other boxes have more stuff that I want. If it was a more Verminus focused box, then it'd be any easy decision and I'd definitely go for it. Ah well, 2 or 3 boxes should keep me busy for a couple of months.

They look good, but I'm personally not to fussed about most of them. Stormcast looks fine, but I'm not after any more of them. The Gloomspite one is a great selection, but nothing which I really need more of. Skaven looks awesome, but I have no plans to start a full Skaven army.

The most interesting one is the Nighthaunt, since it is more or less what I was hoping it would be (and suggested it might be a couple of times earlier in the thread actually!)

I am keen to get Kurdoss, bladegeists, grimghasts, and dreadscythes, so it could be a good way to do that, but it will really depend on the price. I kind of wish they'd put the newer cavalry in there instead of the old Hexwraiths, as I've got about as many of those as I'm ever going to need already. I guess chainrasps were always going to be in there, but again, I'd be more likely to go for it if they had gone for something a little more interesting, and which I didn't already have plenty of.

So I guess I'll see how cheaply I can get the box. I could pick up the four kits i'm interested in from one of the online discount vendors stores for a little over £80, so unless its cheaper than that there isn't too much point buying it just to get some more chainrasps and hexwraiths. We shall see!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EccentricCircle said:

Skaven looks awesome, but I have no plans to start a full Skaven army.

By far the worst deal out of any of the boxes. The Skaven box is the lowest total MSRP value yet the highest priced battleforce.  Also, any actual pestilens player would have already bought the Start Collecting that is for some reason in this battleforce many times over already... and likely before the price hike artificially raised the value.  A 5th screaming bell would just end up in the trash anyway.

Edited by Zanzou

50 minutes ago, Zanzou said:

By far the worst deal out of any of the boxes. The Skaven box is the lowest total MSRP value yet the highest priced battleforce.  Also, any actual pestilens player would have already bought the Start Collecting that is for some reason in this battleforce many times over already... and likely before the price hike artificially raised the value.  A 5th screaming bell would just end up in the trash anyway.

The article didn't say anything about the prices, so surely that's all still just rumour and speculation until they actually go up for preorder. I'm sure there are people for whom its not a good deal. If you've already got multiple start collecting sets then sure, you'd be getting more of stuff you don't need. However if you are considering starting skaven, or wanting to expand on a small collection it could still be useful, even if its not as much of a saving as it could be.
I was looking at it from the position of having the Spire of Dawn Skaven, but no others. If I wanted to expand on those to make a bigger army then it would be a really nice way to do that. As it stands I'm not in the market for a new army project, and skaven are a long way down my list of priorities, but I could definitely see situations in which it would be quite a cool collection.

1 hour ago, Zanzou said:

I agree with what you're saying but I think these are for new armies/new players...

On 10/14/2019 at 5:49 PM, HollowHills said:

Don't skaven struggle for plastic kits? I suppose they could put in clan rats, plague monks, a bell / catapult and some storm fiends. 

Stormcast would be sequitors, evocators / mounted evocators and maybe a Lord arcanum on Mount? 

Didn't you ace this one 😂Amazing! 

Here's a breakdown of all the Battleforce boxes(prices in US$) and a comparison with the price list leaked last week. I think the prices are probably real if you consider that most boxes saves about 33% of the price (except Skaven if you consider the price of the Start Collecting). 

40k:
  • Blood Angels :
    • 1 Baal Predator: 60$
    • 10 Intercessors: 60$
    • 5 Sanguinary Guard: 40$
    • 5 Death Company: 35$
    • 1 Chaplain with Jump Pack: 33$
    • 1 Captain Terminator: 33$
    • 2 Primaris upgrade pack: 2*12.50$
    • Total: 286$
    • Price: 185$
    • Savings: 101$ / 35%

• Space Wolves :
    • 1 Stormwolf: 81$
    • 5 Wulfens: 60$
    • 10 Intercessors: 60$
    • 1 Iron Priest: 30$
    • 2 Primaris upgrade pack: 2*12.50$
    • Total: 256$
    • Price: 170$
    • Savings: 86$ / 33%

• Chaos Space Marines :
    • 5 Terminators: 60$
    • 10 Space Marines: 60$
    • 5 Havocs: 55$
    • 1 Rhino: 40$
    • 1 Terminator Lord: 30$
    • Total: 245$
    • Savings: 75$ / 31%

• Drukhari :
    • 1 Talos: 55$
    • 1 Razorwing: 50$
    • 3 Reavers: 40$
    • 20 Kabalite Warriors: 2 x 35$
    • 1 Venom: 35$
    • 1 Archon: 25$
    • Total: 275$
    • Savings: 90$ / 33%

• Tyranides :
    • 2 Carnifex: 90$
    • 1 Hive Tyrant: 60$
    • 8 Genestealers: 35$
    • 10 Gargoyles: 35$
    • 12 Termagants: 35$
    • 12 Hormagaunts: 35$
    • Total: 290$
    • Savings: 105$ / 36%

• Empire T'au :
    • 3 Crisis Battlesuits: 75$
    • 1 Commander: 55$
    • 10 Fire Warriors: 50$
    • 1 Devilfish: 40$
    • 3 Stealth Battlesuits: 30$
    • Total: 250$
    • Savings: 80$ / 32%
AoS:
  • Stormcast Eternals
    • 5 Evocators: 60$
    • 10 Sequitors: 60$
    • Lord Exocist: 35$
    • 6 Evocators on Dracolines: 60$ x 2
    • Total: 275$
    • Price: $185
    • Savings: 90$ / 33%

• Nighthaunt
    • 10 Bladegheist Revenants: 45$
    • 10 Grimghast Reapers: 45$
    • 10 Dreadscythe Harridans: 45$
    • 10 Chainrasp Hordes: 40$
    • 5 Hexwraiths: 35$
    • Kurdoss Valentian: 45$
    • Total: 255$
    • Savings: 70$ / 27%

• Skaven
    • 20 Clanrats: 35$
    • Verminlord: 100$
    • Grey Seer: 25$
    • Start Collecting: 90$
      • 20 Plaguemonk: 35$
      • Plagueclaw/Cannon: 35$
      • Plague Furnace/ Screaming Bell: 65$
    • Total: 250$ - 295$
    • Price: $200
    • Savings: 50$ - 95$ / 20% - 32%

• Gloomspite Gitz
    • Fanatics: $40
    • Mangler Squigs: $80
    • Loonboss: $30
    • Squid Hoppers: $50
    • Rockgut Troggoths: $60
    • Total: $260
    • Price: $185
    • Savings: 75$ / 29%
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, HollowHills said:

Lol its not far off. Decent value in those boxes for those who want to start either. 

Not far off. It's a.. how do you call the little ring outside the bullseye? 25 pts. 
Really good value I think, luckily non of them really interest me. Which saves me bunch :) 

I will admit that I was hoping for a Tauralon in the SCE boxed set, but this looks pretty good. Depending on price I might even get two of those. Only kinda useless figures would be the two extra Lords Exorcists I'd have then.

But definitely better than the last one with all the Gryph-Hounds 😄

Edited by Memnoch
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Chase said:

What is this sorcery you speak of?

For example at the moment Triple Helix has Kurdoss, bladegheists, grimchasts and dreadscythes each for £20.63. https://www.triplehelixwargames.co.uk/product-category/warhammer-age-of-sigmar/grand-alliance-death/night-haunt/  There would be some P&P to pay, probably a fiver or so. Thus I'd need to be able to get the box for £80 or less for it to be a good deal. If the hexwraiths and chainrasps had been stuff I actually wanted then it would have been a no brainer, but getting a few more of those isn't worth paying £100 for the box at full price, even if it is technically a "good deal" in terms of what you get for the price.
If you don't want said stuff, then its not a good deal. You can spend a fortune saving money and all that.

1 hour ago, EccentricCircle said:

For example at the moment Triple Helix has Kurdoss, bladegheists, grimchasts and dreadscythes each for £20.63. https://www.triplehelixwargames.co.uk/product-category/warhammer-age-of-sigmar/grand-alliance-death/night-haunt/  There would be some P&P to pay, probably a fiver or so. Thus I'd need to be able to get the box for £80 or less for it to be a good deal. If the hexwraiths and chainrasps had been stuff I actually wanted then it would have been a no brainer, but getting a few more of those isn't worth paying £100 for the box at full price, even if it is technically a "good deal" in terms of what you get for the price.
If you don't want said stuff, then its not a good deal. You can spend a fortune saving money and all that.

Oh, right. I read that wrong. I read that as you can get a battleforce box for super cheap from a special retailer and I wanted in.

8 minutes ago, Chase said:

Oh, right. I read that wrong. I read that as you can get a battleforce box for super cheap from a special retailer and I wanted in.

Well, stores like that one usually do stock the battleforces. It tends to be a case of having a look around when the preorder goes up, and seeing which one offers the best discount. Some do anything between 10 and 25% if past years are anything to go by.

I’m definitely in for the Stormcast box. I built my current army around the last one, so I have a lot of Vanguard and Original(tm), but no Sacrosanct. 

The Skaven one is tempting as I have the Spire of Dawn already and have been thinking about expanding that for some time.  Still not sure if I want to paint 100 rats though 🤔

The Gloomspite Gitz box looks fantastic for me, I need every single one of those units to expand my 750pts army. I worked it out and with the 25% discount I'll be paying £75 and save £45 compared to buying it all separately. Can't wait!

Will these boxes comes with some sort of battalion in them btw named after the box? - Caveshroom Loonz