Battleforce 2019 speculations

Minis by Night

I was wondering if it was a good idea to buy the Skaven battleforce since the announce of the new Chaos Warrior. Do you think Clanrats and Plague Monks are going to be replaced in a few years? I think those kits are a bit old and maybe is a good idea to wait since I have a lot of backlog to paint. 

1 hour ago, Astara said:

Clanrats and Plague Monks are going to be replaced in a few years? I think those kits are a bit old and maybe is a good idea to wait since I have a lot of backlog to paint. 

I don’t think that clanrats will be replaced any time soon (and probably not in the next 6-7years)

But units like Gutter/night runners, plague monks/censer bearers, warlock engineers, every single weapon team, deathmaster, rat ogres, giant rats, etc. Etc. might get an update, if we are lucky.

On 9/27/2019 at 5:38 PM, Charleston said:

My guesses:

AoS

• Stormcasts (Sancrosanct)
  • Skaven (This time a mix of different clans)
  • Gloomspites or Sylvaneth...althrough I can rather imagine GG as their Model range offers more
  • Ossiarch Bonereapers if GW goes heavy into seducing players to buy them

Memorable but rather not likely to happen in my opinion: CoS could be a great way for GW to sell a mixed bag. Tempest Eye or Living City could be especially interesting as both can lure players into another faction over time.

• Black Legion/ CSM
  • Space Marines, don´t know how many different boxes this time. Maybe a Vanguard Heavy for Ravenguard? Ans something with the new Tanks for Ironhands. Uh, and Ultramarines.
  • Aeldari, maybe with 1-2 of the new kits. Althrough I could really imagine both, Drukhari and Craftworlds getting a box
  • Adeptus Custodes could be a very shiny and interesting one. A Unit of Guards, a unit of terminators, a unit of bikes and a landraider or Contemptor Dread and call it a day
  • Adeptus Sororitas, if GW goes nuts with OBR for AoS, why not Soros for 40k?

I belive AoS may get more focus this year than the last one, and GW may try to increase sales by bundeling some of the newer kits.

Well, I noticed my guesses were ok for AoS but awfull for 40k :'D