Battleforce 2019 speculations

Minis by Night

4 hours ago, HollowHills said:

Don't skaven struggle for plastic kits? I suppose they could put in clan rats, plague monks, a bell / catapult and some storm fiends. 

Stormcast would be sequitors, evocators / mounted evocators and maybe a Lord arcanum on Mount? 

If we assume the Skaven box doesn't overlap with Carrion Empire and the Start Collecting Pestilens, I could see something like clanrats+stormvermin+bell+verminlord in a Verminus themed box. 

That means we'd have different packs for Pestilens, Verminus and Skryre collectors, with Moulder and Eshin not really having enough plastic kits to warrant discounted releases like this. 

Oh - I definitely think we're getting a Beasts of Chaos battleforce. It's one of the only factions that never got a dual or battleforce since released, has new relevance with the Shadespire warband... and the Jabberslythe just got an updated round on the webstore.

So it could look like this:

Beasts of Chaos 

Jabberslythe - $90

Great Bray-Shaman - $20

Dragon Ogres- $70

Bullgors - $56.50

Ungors - $35

Total: 271.50 > 200 (Saving ~$70)

With mortal realms magazine starting in UK this year seems a lot of Stormcast and Nighthaunt pushes at the same time for something is already mostly cheap still and more than 1.5 years old...

Not that this ever stopped them, but would be a weird decision. If those are the battleforces of this year I will be relieved as last years couldn’t buy all I wanted, this year I would pass. 

@Barbossal Jabberslythe is resin and awful at most, needed to use green stuff all over just to keep it in place. I don’t think they would include Bullgors or Dragon Ogors either. A battleforce for Beasts of Chaos would most likely have a Beastlord to complement the start collecting, Bestigors, Gors, Ungors in some combination and maybe Chaos Warhounds. At best a Chaos Spawn pack. Adding again the Ghorgon/Cygor would be redundant and I doubt in a Gargant.

Not much exciting and I guess that’s the reason why we never saw a BoC battleforce...

• Like 1

A good Nighthaunt one that doesn't overlap with Soul Wars would be great.
Maybe something like a ghostly couple army. Kurdoss + Olynder for heroes and units of banshees and other non starter stuff.

I'd find that really appealing.

Edit: Oh, and add Dreadscythes for the "mournful, scary female ghosts" theme or something like that

Edited by Indecisive

Chapter Master Valrak on YouTube has some info about the 40k bundle from an "inside source":
Solid infos: Salamander and Blood Angel
Infos that needs more confirmation: Dhrukhari, T'au and Necron

What's is interesting for us is that it's a bit different from the French source, but also kinda similar. So... grain of salt and all that.

On 10/15/2019 at 2:34 AM, The Merchant Prince said:

I can - there's no freeguild start collecting which is odd since they're the faction on the cover and the other two races received a SC box each.

My bet is on a Hammerhal freeguild box with a General on griffon and demigryphs among other things.

It wouldn't take much if anything to rebox this as a Battleforce: 

99120299045_Hammerhal01-600x800.jpg

To be honest, don't know why GW aren't resurrecting these sets for Cities of Sigmar. Another mystifying decision from Nottingham...

I'd be a little surprised if there isn't a Genestealer Cults Battleforce. They had one the year before last, but much like Gloomspite, they were heavily featured at the start of the year and there have been a host of new kits. You can imagine something like:

• 1-2 units of Jackals ($110)
  • 1 Alphus ($35)
  • 1 unit of  Abberants ($40)
  • 1 Abominant ($30)
  • 1 Ridgerunner as a centerpiece ($50)
  • Any of the 4 blister characters for an HQ ($30)

That would be on the higher side, but make the alphus the HQ and you can drop the $30 blister and be right in the ~$260 sweet spot.

Plus, this would compliment the GSC Start Collecting box teased in the codex, which includes Acolytes + Hybrids +  Goliath + Iconward.

This is admittedly a bit of wishcasting...

Edited by wargames101

4 hours ago, Mcthew said:

It wouldn't take much if anything to rebox this as a Battleforce: 

99120299045_Hammerhal01-600x800.jpg

To be honest, don't know why GW aren't resurrecting these sets for Cities of Sigmar. Another mystifying decision from Nottingham...

All they'd have to do with this one is swap out the liberators for a general on griffon (and maybe also the castellant if the liberators are the cheap easy to build ones) and switch the old multipart general kit for the general on foot with zwei kit / clampack.

23 minutes ago, Gothmaug said:

I expect a gloomspite gitz box, possibly troll heavy

Yeah, it almost seems like a no brainer to do a box which is just all the different trolls in one set. Given that Looncurse was quite squig heavy, they need something that will complement it.

My only doubt is that these boxes often seem to be designed to be complementary to whatever start collecting set is going to be coming out a few months later. So it that ended up having the big troll in if then they might want to stay clear of that for a battleforce, and go with something like the mangler squigs for the centerpiece.

Cool as it would be to see a start collecting that is mangler squigs, a set of five hoppers and a squig herd, I'm suspecting that they will make it a bit more diverse, perhaps with squigs, grots, and a Trogboss.

Only time will tell!

If those rumours are true i dont get how is posible:

Goblins:100% new and got looncurse allready

Skavens:"new" 2.0 army that allready got carrion box

Stormcast: got two stater edition boxes,the dual boxe with nurgle also,and two battleforces allready

Ghosts: got allready many starter edition boxes(diferent sizes of the starter box) and also got the new collection of "de agostini" doing them very cheap to buy

So all those options sems very stupid when we have others options as fyreslayers with 3 years that havent got nothing,no skirmish box,no battleforce,no dual box,nothing out of start collecting in all those 3 years since the launch.

I dont mind because i dont want more boxes to my pile of shame but those options dont makes sense

23 minutes ago, NkfPanda said:

Looks like Skaven and Gitz are getting Battleforces. By the sound of the names I think Skaven will be Pestilence but I was really hoping for Skyre. If the Gitz have a Mangler and Bounderz I will def be getting one!

Dont Pestilence already have an army box on the store? I really dont see why they would make another one.

2 minutes ago, mojojojo101 said:

Dont Pestilence already have an army box on the store? I really dont see why they would make another one.

I know I was thinking that maybe I jumped the gun when I saw the word "corrupting" for the battle force box name. Life is difficult when you just learned how to read :(.

Edited by NkfPanda

On 10/17/2019 at 3:41 AM, The Merchant Prince said:

All they'd have to do with this one is swap out the liberators for a general on griffon (and maybe also the castellant if the liberators are the cheap easy to build ones) and switch the old multipart general kit for the general on foot with zwei kit / clampack.

Liberators to Greatswords, Castellant and proper General to General on Griffin and Empire Captain.

That'd be sweet.

Edited by zilberfrid

14 minutes ago, Fairbanks said:

Latest Rumors line up with the old ones:

SCE Exorcism Soulstrike

Nighthaunt Court of the Craven King

Gloomspite Caveshroom Loonz

Skaven Corrupting War-swarm

So, time to speculate what's in the boxes.

Well, as far as the Stormcast box goes - a Soulstrike brotherhood battalion is a Ballista, two units of Castigators and two units of Vanguard-Hunters, so it'll probably include some or all of those. I'd assume based on the name there will also be a Lord-Exorcist, They also seem to like putting in a centerpiece model or one of the flashier cavalry units, so I could see them maybe putting in a unit of Dracoths, Dracolines, or Vanguard-Palladors. Or maybe the Celestant-Prime instead? Either way, likely to include a lot of the least-played models in the faction.

Nighthaunt will obviously include Kurdoss. I feel like based on what they've put in boxes before, and just considering the looks of Kurdoss, the box will have some Hexwraiths, some Bladegheists Revenants, and maybe some Dreadscythe Harridans... plus the obligatory unit of Glavewraith Stalkers, because GW insists on putting them in every Nighthaunt thing they do, no matter how useless they are.

It wouldn't surprise me too much if the Gitz box had the Mangler Squigs, but the name, combined with the fact that Looncurse was all squigs, makes me think this might have Troggoths instead for some reason. Probably the Fungoid Cave-Shaman, the Dankhold Troggoth, some Sneaky Snufflers... beyond that less sure. Maybe Rockguts or Fellwaters, a unit of Stabbas/Shootas, and some Fanatics? Seems like that'd add up to about the right value.

I agree that it'd be weird to make a Pestilens box when the Start Collecting already has basically all of their units covered. Maybe this is more of a mix of Verminus and Moulder (Verminus = War, Moulder = Swarm)? Like a Hellpit Abomination, some Giant Rats/Rat Ogors, a Clawleader, some Stormvermin and some Clanrats? Seems a bit boring, but not sure what else it could be, given that they're already done both Pestilens and Skryre.

Interested to see if I got close with any of them. As someone who's primarily collecting and playing Stormcast, I really hope I'm wrong - the box I'm envisioning doesn't seem very appealing, and it would suck if that were the Order box being offered when a Cities box would be so much more appealing/useful to a lot of people.