Battleforce 2019 speculations

Minis by Night

9 minutes ago, EccentricCircle said:

When do they typically announce them? I know they don't come out until the middle of December, so November time reveal?

Usually they are part of the christmas leaflet which you can find in GW store. It's generally out in november :)

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, EccentricCircle said:

When do they typically announce them? I know they don't come out until the middle of December, so November time reveal?

Last year the first wave of bundles(all the non-battleforce stuff) was on pre-order on the November 3rd.
We got a leak with most of the battleforce bundle around the same time.
And pre-order for the Battleforces was on December 1st.

• Thanks 1

On 10/9/2019 at 9:31 AM, EccentricCircle said:

Makes sense. I have a birthday in early December so i know in previous years I've found they come out a little too late to put them on my wish list.

Wish for money and save it, my birthday is late november and its what Im doing ;)  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Jymmy said:

I have an excel document listing all my grey pile of shame, but for some reason it doesn’t stop me from buying more, I guess that I would have to make it public so I can embarrass  myself enough

To me it’s axtually the opposite, he demonstrates visually what I’m missing to complete an army or whatever. Sometimes certain secrets are better left uncovered...

Coming from a French facebook page from a guy who seems to be in the know (but as usual, take it with a pinch of salt), here are the content of battleforces this year :

AoS : Stormcasts, Nighthaunt, Skavens, Gloomspite

40k : Tau, Dark Eldar, Space Wolves, Blood Angels, Chaos, Tyranids

We'll see how it pans out, but it could makes sense.

It would seem strange to get yet another Stormcast battleforce. They already had plenty sets. But since everybody are in love with Stormcasts.... Even so I'm happy GW refrained itself from releasing another SCE army this year. Much needed break.

If those rumours are true I would 100% take Gloomspite and maybe Nighthaunt if it's packed with units I lack (already have over 2k points of them painted)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aryann said:

It would seem strange to get yet another Stormcast battleforce. They already had plenty sets. But since everybody are in love with Stormcasts.... Even so I'm happy GW refrained itself from releasing another SCE army this year. Much needed break.

If those rumours are true I would 100% take Gloomspite and maybe Nighthaunt if it's packed with units I lack (already have over 2k points of them painted)

Well yes, it makes sense to me only if the battleforce contains the recent sacrosanct miniatures.

In the past we already had the "common chamber", then the "vanguard chamber". Only the sacrosanct minis remains to be put in a battleforce :)

3 hours ago, Ghark said:

Coming from a French facebook page from a guy who seems to be in the know (but as usual, take it with a pinch of salt), here are the content of battleforces this year :

Would be interesting if true. All 4 of those armies HAVE been represented in boxes in the past year or so though: Stormcast/Nighthaunt in Soul Wars, Skaven in Carrion Empires, Gloomspite in Looncurse. Of course, the latter 2 boxes went out of stock really quick, but I do sorta feel it'd be nice if they spread the love around a bit more to other factions 

20 minutes ago, smartazjb0y said:

Would be interesting if true. All 4 of those armies HAVE been represented in boxes in the past year or so though: Stormcast/Nighthaunt in Soul Wars, Skaven in Carrion Empires, Gloomspite in Looncurse. Of course, the latter 2 boxes went out of stock really quick, but I do sorta feel it'd be nice if they spread the love around a bit more to other factions 

While I have no strong opinion on Gloomspite or Skaven (and they can be anything else really. We'll see when some leaks happen 😜 )

Stormcast and Nighthaunt seem very probable and fitting what happened with Deathguard/Primaris year after Dark Imperium.

So Sacrosant Stormcast and some Nighthaunt (with note that as long as it's Chainrasps half of Souls War box will be better value :D ) are very likely.

5 hours ago, Ghark said:

That's a pretty blah list, but I can see the sense in Stormcast/Nighthaunt sets if they are planning to discontinue the Soul Wars starter box(s) and break them into Getting Started sets down the road, like they've done with the other starter sets.

I have to wonder how well those battleforces would actually sell though, Stormcast may be popular but Sacrosanct has been dirt cheap to get into for more than a year now.

On the plus side, could indicate a new Starter box next year?

5 minutes ago, madmac said:

That's a pretty blah list, but I can see the sense in Stormcast/Nighthaunt sets if they are planning to discontinue the Soul Wars starter box(s) and break them into Getting Started sets down the road, like they've done with the other starter sets.

I have to wonder how well those battleforces would actually sell though, Stormcast may be popular but Sacrosanct has been dirt cheap to get into for more than a year now.

Well that's not really how I see it. Again I'm not working at GW but I can see a similar schema here compared to what happened to 40K.

When the new 40k edition dropped, loads of new kits for the poster armies (Primaris and Death Guard) were released. But for Christmas neither of them got a battleforce. Because IMHO the kits were too recents I guess. But the year after, we got battleforce for both. Which in a way is a good way of having people buying the kits they didn't have with their starter sets, once they have had time to paint the said starter set.

We can apply the same reasoning here, yes it's cheap to collect a Sacrosanct or a Nighthaunt force. But some kits aren't the complete ones (I think about the Sequitors and Evocators for example). And now that the starter set is more than one year old, it's a good way to push the poster boys again, without being to near of their release.

But I don't think it indicates a new starter box nor a breaking of the starter set in two start collecting boxes (not yet).

Again, this rumor I read may be false. But the nighthaunt and stormcast sets are a given to me.

16 minutes ago, madmac said:

I know everything is going pretty fast lately with GW but I think the V2.0 wont be squatted any time soon. The Soul Wars is far from over, the rules only are 1 year old (!) and the process of getting 2.0 Battletomes is still in progress. 

Just now, CommodoreCass said:

I know everything is going pretty fast lately with GW but I think the V2.0 wont be squatted any time soon. The Soul Wars is far from over, the rules only are 1 year old (!) and the process of getting 2.0 Battletomes is still in progress. 

Oh yeah, I didn't meant to suggest we were getting a third edition. 

You're both probably right and this just means we're getting normal Sacrosanct/Nighthaunt battleboxes, which doesn't interest me in the least but hey, they can't do any worse than the Vanguard/STD battleforces did.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ghark said:

if the boxes for aos are what you desibe i could see each box containing their endless spells as some of the boxes background models to make it seem like your getting more that you actually are army wise.

7 hours ago, Ghark said:

Wow, I think my wallet just had a heart attack.

(If that's true...)

I'm safe with the Nighthaunts because I already have all the model
For Stormcasts it really depends what's in the box, but I'll be all over it if it's mostly cavalry. I doubt it will be the same stuff as in Soul Wars, but it's not impossible.
Skaven and Tyranids: depends what's in the box, but you can never really have to much of either.
T'au (again??):  I resisted the last two boxes, I can do it again... :(
Space Wolves,  Blood Angels: depends how much can be used as Salamanders
Chaos: Daemons or CSM? Either way... yeah, I'll probably get it.

Please send help (or donations!).

That being said, a third T'au box in four years seem really unlikely.

I think SCE and Nighthaunt Battleforces would be too late this year. Anyone who plays those factions already has most of what they need, unless they get really creative with the contents. As a SCE player from 1st edition, I can't really see many combinations of units that would make me buy a battleforce at this point.