Skarr - Murderous Paragon - multiple times

boots468

Question

If Skarr uses his command ability 'Murderous Paragon' multiple times on the same wrathmonger unit, can it pile in and attack multiple times upon death?

As per the Death Frenzy and Khorne FAQs, models can generally attack multiple times on death, but the Khorne one is worded:

Q: The Relentless Fury, Murderous Paragon and No Respite abilities allow a model that has been slain to pile in and attack before it is removed from play. What happens if more than one of these abilities apply at the same time?
A: The model would be allowed to pile in and attack once for each ability that applied to it before being removed from play.

Does "each ability" here mean each distinctly named ability, or each application of each ability? i.e. does the unit have one boosted version of Murderous Paragon applied to it, or multiple identical versions?

Thanks!

2 answers to this question

I can't find the FAQ but pretty sure they changed it so you a unit can only be affected by the same ability once. 

It came in because people were spamming the fat engineers plus one attack ability on the balloon drillers for KO.  But that technically wasn't a command ability. 

But if you think it out, the general spam with command points would make this quite broken. I could use the glottkin to give everything in my army +1 attack several times. 

Open to anyone who can actually find the FAQ. 

49 minutes ago, MaxPounder said:

I can't find the FAQ but pretty sure they changed it so you a unit can only be affected by the same ability once. 

It is not changed in general. In most cases the rules are changed with an Errata. Here is the Errata for the Aetherkhemist you meant in the Kharadron Overlord Errata.

Page 136 – Aether-Khemist, Aetheric Augmentation
Change the rules text to:
‘In your hero phase, you can say that an Aether-Khemist
is using their Atmospheric Anatomiser to augment
the weapons of nearby Arkanauts. If you do so, pick
a friendly Skyfarers unit within 10" of the Aether-
Khemist, and then pick a single type of weapon carried
by models in that unit. Until your next hero phase, add 1
to the Attacks characteristic of that type of weapon when
it is used by any models in that unit. A weapon cannot be
augmented more than once per hero phase.’

In all cases the wording of the rule is importent if the ability is stackable or not and in case of Murderous Paragon I don't see the case in the wording that multiple CP on one unit would trigger it multiple times. It only enables the ability to attack with models that are slain. It's more interesting when there is an additional ability that let's the model attack again after it has attacked, so this would trigger after Murderous Paragon as well.

• Like 1