Cities of Sigmar: Unhappy about news updates

Matador

I'm afraid we are all going to put on our Gamerrage hats and start posting complaints if we want to 1) see this book 2) ever see the Greenskins book 3) Show GW that this is not the way to handle revamps.

Doesn't matter if you are into the humans, or Ork armies, we need to stop this kind of nonsense where changes are announced and then put on the back burner for new material sales at the cost of current players. 

+++ Mod Edit +++

Do not change the title again

Edited by Gaz Taylor
Mod Edit
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

You are aware that there's a new post where its specifically stated that Orruks and Cities are coming before bonereapers in October right? So in the next 4 weeks you will get BOTH the new tomes. Also this whole 2.0 release has been about updating armies to the 2.0 system far more than it has been about models. GW has to balance updating models, releasing new models and releasing new armies all at once across mutiple game systems. 40K is already seeing a new wave of models coming through their new campaign which is looking to replace a lot of the finecast. Lets also not forget that Slaanesh and  Goblins got pretty big releases this last year along with lots of little additions here. Plus we got 6 warbands for Warcry (which is basically a massive boost to Slaves to Darkness - the final army that still has no Battletome and is likely a release early next year at this stage - so even further off than both those new Tomes). 

• Like 10

7 minutes ago, Overread said:

You are aware that there's a new post where its specifically stated that Orruks and Cities are coming before bonereapers in October right?

That's great news! 

Dunno about others, but I had not seen that post.  Where was it? (Don't say Facebook Don't say Facebook Don't say Facebook)

3 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

Dunno about others, but I had not seen that post.  Where was it? (Don't say Facebook Don't say Facebook Don't say Facebook)

Yea I haven’t seen it either. And that’s the problem. Communication is poor. Most probably haven’t seen it.

Maybe it is on FB. I’m not on FB much.

OP is right. Granted, I'm not quite as upset about it, but I agree with the sentiment. They refuse to answer questions about it while they do answer questions on other releases that were closer, they apparently maybe aren't doing spells for it (hoping that's somehow false, but it doesn't seem to be even if some people ignore the interview), and they got rid of most high elf models and lots of wanderer models and lots of dwarf models that would have made the release have meaning for more of the playerbase. Sure it's not worth doing anything crazy over, but I think expressing displeasure over how it's been handled is perfectly appropriate.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 minutes ago, SaJeel said:

Yea I mean seriously GW should not do any spoilers or hints of upcoming releases

It's fun exaggerating. Some consistency would be nice.

There is usually some method to their madness. They tease something. Time goes by. They start previewing it. It comes out. Rinse, repeat.

For some reason with this specific release they teased it. Added a savage cull of the model lines associated with it. Then spent the summer announcing things and immediately releasing them or putting up previews before the preorder week in Beastgraves case.

One could argue the release that most needed communication from the creator has been completely ignored since the culling of the existing minis.

• Like 1

+++ Mod Hat On +++

Just a warning - I’m leaving this thread unlocked as I think people need to have their say, however if you do please follow the rules of TGA (basically be constructive, nice to others and No swearing).

Just bear in mind that we have no idea what has been happening behind the scenes for the logistics and also we have seen some quite big releases since the announcement (Three new games by end of next week, loads of new models and of course space Marines which make GW a lot of money).

So if you feel you need to vent, just be constructive, nice to others and no swearing 

Thanks

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Matador said:

I'm afraid we are all going to put on our Gamerrage hats and start posting complaints if we want to 1) see this book 2) ever see the Greenskins book 3) Show GW that this is not the way to handle revamps.

Your better off arranging trade embargoes if you want to influence the release schedule because you can rage all you want but no way they’re changing the schedule. 😂

tge only thing you can feasibly achieve is next time we won’t heae anything about until the week of pre-order. And I personally prefer s bit more info before then. 

• Like 2

It's kind of a shame as the COS book is the first book for an army I play that I'm actively not excited for. I'll keep an eye on it in case it's just really bad PR but i almost wished they'd just done away with these army's completely instead of what looks like a low effort stringing us along. I kind find a universe with everything being super powered boring

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's not worth getting angry over. And I know I have been angry over it.

This is a hobby, one of the few things that does not cause stress.

It's disheartening, and I am severely disappointed in GW to the point of regretting getting in the hobby at all, but GW holds all the cards, and we can do very little about it.

So step away from it, and let reviews (when they come out) tell you whether AoS is worth your money, but you are not going to help anyone by getting angry. Most certainly not yourself.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

They really don't owe us anything. previews are largely a marketing thing. If you don't like that there aren't any, then vote with your wallet and don't buy the tome. Of course, most people won't do that, proving that GW is doing just fine. 

But for most announcements this is par for the course. You get a major announcement, then nothing, then it eventually shows up in a sunday article as next week's pre-order.  They've gone a step further here and told us that it is coming in the next few weeks.  You will still get a week full of daily articles before it drops.  Right now the community page has its plate full writing articles and discussing products that are ACTUALLY new and need to be talked about because people are on the fence, and need to be sold on them. 

Don't get me wrong, i'm still up every sunday morning hoping we'll get that announcement and let out a small sigh of disappointment when we don't, but beyond that there's no point in expending any negative energy on it. It'll come when it comes. 

Edited by Mcprowlington
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, The Cranky Dwarf said:

It's kind of a shame as the COS book is the first book for an army I play that I'm actively not excited for. 

Wait, so GW only following up their book announcement by axing 90 percent of your range didn’t help you to get hype for it?!?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Zanzou said:

Wait, so GW only following up their book announcement by axing 90 percent of your range didn’t help you to get hype for it?!?

Hehe well I'm a dwarf player so I've been through bigger model culls. Back in 1.0 I lost most of my hero's, miners, slayers and center piece model as well as my beloved Kraggi . So loosing an useless hero and 2 kits could have been weathered if GW communicated at all.

Edited by The Cranky Dwarf
RIP Kraggi
  • Like 2

There could be plenty of reasons for delaying a release announcement:

The release schedule has been mad at GW recently. They don't have capacity to release anything new until end of this month; or

The battletomes will be released with new models or a new set, probably Cities vs Orruks, and you can't just throw all that together over a few weeks cos of the above; or

The new battletomes suck. They've found game holes the size of the Shyish Nadir and they need a serious re-write.

Or, really the release is flat, adds little that is new (and in the case of Cities takes away much of the old) like the Sylvaneth battletome that was leaked with fanfare and then just kinda appeared to pre-order almost with an apology with some new terrain.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to this too. But ... you know?

3 hours ago, Killamike said:

I agree.  The radio silence is pretty bad. 

Every week I eagerly await the community page articles leading up to the release only to be disappointed. 

I agree. I don't expect much at all, but the hype is slowly dying down. I'm starting to realize the release will be nothing but just a band-aid fix to bring certain factions together, nothing new or fancy at all, otherwise there would have been more info. I would much have prefered not to know about the books honestly, than them teasing it and then be completely silent for months.

• Thanks 1

There is a positive to take from this. GWs communication used to be bad all the time, now it has improved to the level where people get cross about a lack of previews, since we've come to expect that they'll try to hype things up. A few years back this would have been business as usual.

I'll admit I wasn't impressed with how they handled the squatting. I'd have rather those kits had stayed, and advanced notice would have been better.

The book though will come when it comes. They likely have their plans worked out far in advance, and a book that's coming this month will have been finished and at the printers since long before they announced it to us. Complaining here can and will accomplish nothing I'm afraid. 

• Like 1