What is this figure?

Philby

Hi all,

A complete newbie here so apologies if this is not in the correct forum.  I am just starting out with this hobby and primarily my interest is in painting the figures, then perhaps modding and ultimately to learn how to play the game!

I have acquired a small selection of figures and have been researching exactly what I have got.  However, there is one figure I cannot find any information on.  Everything else I have so far identified comes from the Chaos Daemon line of figures so assume this does too, but after a lot of research I've found nothing.

Can anybody tell me what this figure is?

Many thanks.

20190914_212634.jpg

Welcome to the site @Philby! I don't know what that critter is, though way back in the Rogue Trader and early Warhammer years there were a bunch of designs that were used for things that never returned or which significantly changed as the company matured. Heck the original Tyraind Hormagaunts looked very much like Alien film Aliens. 

This could be one of the chaos beasts/familiars/monsters though it could equally be from an entirely different line of models. 

Be neat to see your painting and your other models. 

It does look a lot like something straight out Rogue Trader, the old Genestealer artwork was somewhat similar...

But that mini is actually the mount of a "Prole Diabólica" from the brand Gamezone. It is their Mounted Daemonettes proxy.

Prole Diabólica Portaestandarte

Now get that mini painted!

You are welcome ^_^

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, VBS said:

It does look a lot like something straight out Rogue Trader, the old Genestealer artwork was somewhat similar...

But that mini is actually the mount of a "Prole Diabólica" from the brand Gamezone. It is their Mounted Daemonettes proxy.

Prole Diabólica Portaestandarte

Now get that mini painted!

You are welcome ^_^

Wow!  I am very impressed!  Thanks guys!  Sadly I don't have the riders, but no problem as it'll be fun to just hone my (very rusty) painting skills on these - I have 3 of them, but no riders.  Apart from one other figure (which may well also be something completely separate), I've managed to identify all I have so will be a great help when painting.

Thanks again!