What is and isn't legal post rotation

Oldshrimpeyes

Hi everyone, 

Having taken some time off from Shadespire over the last year or so I find myself ready to get back in with Beastgrave around the corner. I have purchased all the war bands up to and including Zarbags Gits. As I contemplate rounding out my Nightvault purchases I have some questions. 

In light of rotation, will the universal cards in Garreks Reavers and Steelhearts champions be legal? They are season 1 warbands but their packaging as seperate releases has the Nightvault branding. If that is the case am I better off buying Echoes of Glory? To the best of my knowledge EoG just contained the neutral cards from those seperate releases. 

I also don't own any boards beyond those found in the two starter boxes. Do I need to buy the separately released ones or is that enough? 

The quickest way to know legality is to look at the logo on the packaging and/or looking at the set symbol on the card. 

If the box logo says "Warhammer Underworlds: Shadespire" and has the Shadespire/Leaders icon, and it's a Universal card, it's rotating out (reprinted cards nonwithstanding). If the box says "Warhammer Underworlds: Nightvault" and has the Nightvault/Power Unbound icon, it's still in play. 

While Garrek and Steelheart were initially printed during Shadespire, their standalone boxes are Nightvault boxes and are therefore still legal. Hope this helps!

• Like 1