Newbie with Beast Claw

the hatchetboy

Though I might post a few pictures of WIP models while I was at it:

image.jpeg

A based Mournfang. I might sprinkle a little snow on the base but I don't want to cover the cracking too much. 

image.jpeg

all the Mournfangs before I based them.

image.jpeg

The Stonehorn/Thundertusk posse. That's 68 magnets in there! :)

38 minutes ago, the hatchetboy said:

Because I'm working under the potentially incorrect assumption that the artifacts were unique?

I swear I read that somewhere. It might have been a house rule? :)

Yeh this is a common assumption/misconception around the artefacts, the latter coming predominately from old WFB players thinking of them as "Magic Items".

The stipulation is that each Leader is only able to take a single artefact. However you are free to duplicate the same artefact across Leaders, providing each only holds one and that you have enough Battalions to allow the extras!

Then there is the further restriction that "Named Characters" (a fantastically non defined term!!) cannot take one either.

Your models are coming along really nicely. Very impressed with the magnetising!! Do you have plans to add to the base?

38 minutes ago, the hatchetboy said:

Because I'm working under the potentially incorrect assumption that the artifacts were unique?

I swear I read that somewhere. It might have been a house rule? :)

Yeh this is a common assumption/misconception around the artefacts, the latter coming predominately from old WFB players thinking of them as "Magic Items".

The stipulation is that each Leader is only able to take a single artefact. However you are free to duplicate the same artefact across Leaders, providing each only holds one and that you have enough Battalions to allow the extras!

Then there is the further restriction that "Named Characters" (a fantastically non defined term!!) cannot take one either.

Your models are coming along really nicely. Very impressed with the magnetising!! Do you have plans to add to the base?

Awesome. Given how long it is since I played before I guess I heard it from someone else. ;)

For the bases, yes, but I'm not sure what yet. Light snow then some scatter, possibly. I'm not a fan of overly fussy basing.

The magnets nearly killed me. There's one fully magnetised kit, then two which are hero only (magnetising the saddle is b***h) and one which is line riders only. 

Yeah - is Lorus Grymm a "named character" for example or the Derpy leader of the Slaanesh formation?

No matter what I do I end up will full Bonesplitterz lists lol

First I'm thinking I'll add a Kunnin Rukk...then a Snaga Rukk...well might as well go full!

I've tried to make a IronSplitterz list but ironjawz model count for points with mandatory ironfist doesn't work well for me. 

But a Kunnin Rukk for model count or keeping with a mounted theme, a Snaga Rukk. Those Maniak Boarboys are no joke.

Archived