3 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

It's interesting to note that he can only be in an Order allegiance at the moment, since he's too expensive to use as an ally, and does not have that many keywords.

But yes. This is quite the hero. I like it.

Read his rules. He superceeds the points limitation on allies.

Okay, he can kill a rat and some daemons, but what about a god? Well, turns out the answer is yes. Yes, he can kill a god.

GET HIM GOTREK, MESS HIM UP

(this is Good. This is Good and appropriate and I like it. RE: background, I mean, he's Gotrek. He did this kind of thing in the old world, he did this in the realm of chaos for however long and he's still at it. Getting the master ur-gold rune blasted into him certainly helped. He might call himself a dwarf but even the spectre of Snorri Nosebiter was able to offer up the point that that was really more of an umgak manling term, when you think about it... )

Edited by sandlemad

Well I guess I'm using Gotrek in every game. Take that people who said he'd be an Unforged with a slightly improved profile (I probably would have used him in most games even if he'd been awful). 😎

Looks like the Chronomatic Cogs will be a must take to help speed him up. He can't be teleported, are there any other non faction specific speed buffs?

30 minutes ago, bsharitt said:

It's right there at the bottom in his pitched battle profile. He can be taken as an ally by any Order allegiance and can go over the max allied points, but he's you're only ally if you take him.

You are right! I did not read this. Still like him, there are multiple counters that are viable even with Free People, which hardly is the most powerful faction, but when he does get somewhere, he'll lay the hurt on something.

Let's make an interesting list:

MEETING ENGAGEMENTS: Grand alliance: Order

Spearhead:

Gotrek 520 points

Sisters of the Thorn 210

Main Body:

Eternal Guard 70

Eternal Guard 70

Witch hunter 40

Rearguard

Witch hunter

Endless spell

Emerald Lifeswarm

Realm Aqshy

Artifact: Thermalrider Cloak (which Gotrek uses, of course)

1000 points

The idea is to get the sisters to give Gotrek shield of the Thorns, and to put an Emerald Lifeswarm on him.

Not ideal, but it's the best I could come up with.

Edited by zilberfrid

Well he's definitely way more powerful than I thought they would make him. Looks good though, fun to build a list around but with his teleport limitations and 4 inch move I don't see him dominating tournaments.  Might be a bit of a noob stomper though.

I find it funny that the shoulder plate from a random freeguild officer's armor is one of the most powerful artifacts in all the mortal realms.... I hope this bodes will for Cities of Sigmar lol.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, zilberfrid said:

I don't think it is.

Ward save for non-heroes or monsters at 66% chance is very good, as is the spell resistance, damage output is very good. BUT he has only 4" speed, and for monsters and heroes, his save is only 5+. 

He probably falls in one round to a General on Griffin (with his own inspire ability and charging, the general deals an average of 3.125 damage with his lance, 3.9 damage with its beak, and 3.3 damage with its claws to this version of Gotrek. Probably still around 4-5 damage without command ability and charge), if that general decides to engage him (I don't know heroes very well, others might also work as well as this one).

Wording is bad though. Reading it logically, you would come to this conclusion:

If wound inflicted AND NOT hero or monster melee: 3+ ward save.

If wound inflicted AND hero or monster with ranged: 3+ ward save.

If wound inflicted AND hero or monster melee: no ward save.

If wound inflicted AND NOT hero or monster with ranged: no ward save.

Apologise for the wording it i did it on my phone is about 3 minutes . . . .

1 hour ago, El Syf said:

So Nagash is a God and is less durable than Gotrek? Right...

Sounds about right. ^^

On a more serious note, Nagash is a powerful wizard on top of just a melee monster and it's only a shard of him and not his whole self. ;)

57 minutes ago, EccentricCircle said:

Its interesting from a lore perspective that his special abilities do describe him as an Avatar of Grimnir. That answers that question.

It doesn't clarify whether he's actually THE avatar of grimnir or just wears that title due how unstoppable he is. ^^

22 minutes ago, michu said:

Tell that to Gotrek's Fyreslayer Master Rune.

You mean the Fyreslayer Master Rune most Fyreslayers can't touch without killing themselves? The same Fyreslayer Master Rune he just casually punched into his chest after already casually carrying around an axe most Fyreslayers aren't able to carry? That Fyreslayer Master Rune? :P

• Like 2

Panzer gets it. Dwarf>duardin confirmed.

Old World pride going realmwide.

Gotrek shall be the god of a new faction: it will have airships and armored beardy guys and naked mohawk guys and cannons and magic forges and its runes will have runes.

We shall call them...the Dwarrows? No no, thats not right... Dwarves? Hmmm, closer, closer but I feel like Im off by a letter or two...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

57 minutes ago, JPjr said:

I'm tempted  to build a ridiculously low model Meeting Engagements force around him. 

It's a bit hard, but can be done:

MEETING ENGAGEMENTS: Grand alliance: Order

Spearhead:

Gotrek 520 points

Sisters of the Thorn 210

Main Body:

Eternal Guard 70 (battleline)

Eternal Guard 70 (battleline)

Witch hunter 40

Rearguard

Witch hunter

Endless spell

Emerald Lifeswarm

Realm Aqshy

Artifact: Thermalrider Cloak (which Gotrek uses, of course)

1000 points

The idea is to get the sisters to give Gotrek shield of the Thorns, and to put an Emerald Lifeswarm on him.

Not ideal, but it's the best I could come up with.

If you really want to go low model count:

Free People

Spearhead

• Gotrek

Main body

• Demigryph knights (battleline)
  • Demigryph knights (battleline)
  • General

Rearguard

• General

This would be an awful list, but it's 9 models

Edited by zilberfrid