2 hours ago, RuneBrush said:

I'd agree on this - but it would be a super epic scenario to run!  Gotek in the Varanspire, numerous warbands trying to take him down and him just bludgeoning them out of his way!

Imagine you are part of such a Warband, constantly fighting for the glory and to get recognized by your gods ... and then there comes this single half-naked dwarf and just walks through you, your guys, your rivals and everything you've known as if it's nothing. :D

• LOVE IT! 1

10 hours ago, RuneBrush said:

I'd agree on this - but it would be a super epic scenario to run!  Gotek in the Varanspire, numerous warbands trying to take him down and him just bludgeoning them out of his way!

After 200 odd games Archaon runs out of lieutenants and is forced to go down himself. Ushering in the age of everlasting piece... ruining the game ;) 

• Like 1

Hey guys just wondering how his reduce to 1 damage ability would work.  If you attack him with say, 10 evocators or are in range of lightning arc- average of 10 mw’s would each go through as it’s 1 dmg per success as listed or is the 10 reduced to 1?

if latter then it’s ridiculously strong, former and it’s not so bad... he ll 3+ all but 3-4 on average and with a some shooting before likely drop.

16 minutes ago, Overread said:

@Toptramp It reduces damage from any source to 1; it has no effect on the number of attacks, just the damage they deal out. 

So 10 attacks at damage 1 will still do 10 damage to him 

Whilst 1 attack doing 10 damage would do only 1 damage to him. 

Ok so it’s not so bad - same goes for the eels.   If He’s not attacking first, one attack phase could melt him still in melee. For less points if you are choosing to attack first in a vacuum.

just make sure you attack him first...

Not too op.

thematic for a legend - will pick up and enjoy painting

reason I asked was that the ability is one ability with multiple single mw’s

thanks

Actually I'm curious on the wording of Avatar vs the Evocator's Celestial Lightning Arc - would each roll of 4+ go through as an independent wound? Or would the total be reduced to just 1? Avatar states "If the damage inflicted by an...ability...is greater than 1, change it to 1". So how is CLA actually resolved?

14 minutes ago, Eldarain said:

Still not sure how it interacts with Evocators, Boingrots, Eels etc as they are one action dealing a number of Mortals equal to the score rolled not separate attacks from each model.

Yeah :s

Think this definition will dictate if we are talking about kiting the model or lose in combat to it or actually being able to take it on.

if it’s going to be able to handle those abilities, ie down to 1 damage of the total, you ll see some of those units points in lists replaced by this chap.

Edited by Toptramp

On 9/6/2019 at 10:47 PM, Freejack02 said:

Actually I'm curious on the wording of Avatar vs the Evocator's Celestial Lightning Arc - would each roll of 4+ go through as an independent wound? Or would the total be reduced to just 1? Avatar states "If the damage inflicted by an...ability...is greater than 1, change it to 1". So how is CLA actually resolved?

Pretty sure that all damage from the Celestial Lightning Arc will be reduced to 1. It's an ability that triggers once at a specifed time and deals variable amount of damage (depending on the number Evocators and successsfull rolls).

• Like 2

On 9/7/2019 at 3:37 PM, Painbringer said:

Pretty sure that all damage from the Celestial Lightning Arc will be reduced to 1. It's an ability that triggers once at a specifed time and deals variable amount of damage (depending on the number Evocators and successsfull rolls).

I'd agree with this ruling, since it's an ability, not actual attacks. Same for Lightning Cannons, Boingrots, etc.

• Like 1

I love the lore, history, model, and everything about this release....except the rules. I dont care about the 520 point price tag. He can ally into any order army and a true unstoppable force and immovable object. Its bad for the game to have this warscroll. Its bad precedent. It will probably be errata'd down at some point which also enrages me. Why even put this into the world in the first place?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

I love the lore, history, model, and everything about this release....except the rules. I dont care about the 520 point price tag. He can ally into any order army and a true unstoppable force and immovable object. Its bad for the game to have this warscroll. Its bad precedent. It will probably be errata'd down at some point which also enrages me. Why even put this into the world in the first place?

It's not that bad, not everyone will have Gotrek, even less will have actually working lists capable of winning competetive games with him. It's just harmless fun.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, XReN said:

It's not that bad, not everyone will have Gotrek, even less will have actually working lists capable of winning competetive games with him. It's just harmless fun.

He cant straight up tank and kill three keepers 1v3. He will easily one shot one keeper, attack again and kill the second. Next round killing the third.  But sure.. he isnt that bad. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

He cant straight up tank and kill three keepers 1v3. He will easily one shot one keeper, attack again and kill the second. Next round killing the third.  But sure.. he isnt that bad. 

Well first, isn't that a good thing? Second, he will be locused into submission and if both keepers will be in range to fight he might as well die before he will be able to do anything. Third - how will this stunty walk up to those keepers with his 4 inch move stunty legs? Fourth - how many games you expect to win with 1/4 of your points spent on slow af deathstar in a game of capturing objectives with bodies?

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, XReN said:

Well first, isn't that a good thing? Second, he will be locused into submission and if both keepers will be in range to fight he might as well die before he will be able to do anything. Third - how will this stunty walk up to those keepers with his 4 inch move stunty legs? Fourth - how many games you expect to win with 1/4 of your points spent on slow af deathstar in a game of capturing objectives with bodies?

10" move for one cp. 12" with cogs. I went 4-1(3rd place) at major tournaments using a model I was told wasnt competitive (glottkin) who was 440 points. It can be done. All three keepers could swing first. he would probably still tank them. 

14 minutes ago, Panzer said:

He might kill all those Keepers ... or fight an endless fight against dozens of Daemonettes that get re-summoned every turn while the Keepers deal with the rest of the now rather small army. ^^

Well he can easily kill 32 demonettes in one turn so....

Edited by sal4m4nd3r
  • Like 1