26 minutes ago, xking said:

Most of the time dwarfs portrayed as a clumsy in other settings?  What are you, an elf?  Dwarfs are usually portrayed as honorable friends and awesome craftsman.(I like the different kinds of dwarfs too in AoS)

I have never seen dwarves portrayed  as clumsy.

I think that's  just his personal view.

Edited by Nordrim
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Charleston said:

Btw, has anyone concidered an Tempest Eye army with Kharadron and Dispossesed, with allied Fyreslayers and Gotrek? Does this even make sense beside looking cool?

You can only ally either Gotrek or Fyreslayers. If you take Gotrek as Ally, you cant take any other allies. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Beliman said:

Can they be allied with fyreslayers? That sounds awesome!!!

Well, this was a guess of mine 😮 Sorry, didn´t intendet to make false hopes

4 hours ago, Gecktron said:

You can only ally either Gotrek or Fyreslayers. If you take Gotrek as Ally, you cant take any other allies. 

Ahh!! I see. I tought Gotrek also don´t use any Ally Points. My Mistake, but thank you for pointing out :)

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Charleston said:

I tought Gotrek also don´t use any Ally Points. My Mistake, but thank you for pointing out :)

He doesn't follow the ally points rules.  He has a unique rule where he can be allied with any order faction regardless of point limits, but that nobody else can be allied if you take him.

(I think it's BS but that's beside the point)

On 9/27/2019 at 8:56 AM, xking said:

Most of the time dwarfs portrayed as a clumsy in other settings?  What are you, an elf?  Dwarfs are usually portrayed as honorable friends and awesome craftsman.(I like the different kinds of dwarfs too in AoS)

I never ment they were clumsy rather than the writing of them was clumsy in their portrayal.

I dont think I explained myself to well. A lot of writers lean into scottish stereotypes when writing about dwarves and they are not subtle about it and it comes off clumsy. 

hard drinking, insular, grumpy, greedy and slightly xenophobic. 

Its always put me off but gw have done a very good job in AoS of making them diverse. 

Edited by sigmar is scottish

3 hours ago, sigmar is scottish said:

I never ment they were clumsy rather than the writing of them was clumsy in their portrayal.

I dont think I explained myself to well. A lot of writers lean into scottish stereotypes when writing about dwarves and they are not subtle about it and it comes off clumsy. 

Its always put me off but gw have done a very good job in AoS of making them diverse. 

Scottish by way of Jewish by way of tolkein. It's actually a really weird genesis. Tolkien clearly drew from Jewish cultural history and stereotypes when doing his dwarves, and then everyone else decided they sounded scottish and really REALLY liked to get drunk. 

4 hours ago, sigmar is scottish said:

Having a race with such traits is not clumsy writing though. It's simply not your preference.

Edited by Panzer

1 hour ago, stratigo said:

Scottish by way of Jewish by way of tolkein. It's actually a really weird genesis. Tolkien clearly drew from Jewish cultural history and stereotypes when doing his dwarves, and then everyone else decided they sounded scottish and really REALLY liked to get drunk. 

Really? That's interesting. 

I was always told/read he drew inspiration from Britain and Ireland. 

Men = English 

Elves = Welsh 

Dwarves = Scottish 

Hobbits = Irish

Interesting to hear this though. Thanks for the info.