Hello Everyone!

Pieter H.T.

Hello everyone!

My name is Pieter H.T. and I am new to Age of Sigmar. I've  known about the existence of Warhammer for several years(I've played Magic the Gathering at my local store for years now and the warhammer palyers were just the room over) but never really got into it. This has changed. A good friend of mine thought it would be funny to give me the Soul Wars novel as a gift and see the crazy happen. Important fact: I'm someone who dives headfirst into the lore as deep as possible for anything that I take up as a hobby or interest. One measly novel is not enough to satisfy me. So I looked for more ,and more, and more...... I'm stuck deep now and having a lot of fun, thx A. you're a good friend.

I'll probably be mainly participating in the hobby through the lore and background of the different factions/worlds/characters. As well as expressing this interest through modelling and painting. But first I got to get actually any good at that. Luckily, I'm a pretty patient guy and used to putting in some time and effort to learn new skills. Which will be pretty fun on its own I think.

You can expect me to pop up here and there on the forum. My apologies in advance to anyone subjected to my ramblings. Also, english is my third language so please forgive any mistakes I might make.

And that's enough about me, see you all out there!

Welcome @Pieter H.T.! Great to have a new fan to the game join up and if you've got any modelling or painting questions feel free to ask, many are wililng to take the time to give tips and advice to those getting into the hobby.

Also don't worry about your English, for a 3rd language your written English is very good! In fact I wouldn't have guessed it was another language for you save for you mentioning it! You've even managed to start mastering the rambling! 

You might find the two following threads a help with your adventures into the lore. I wanted to make a dive in after years never bothering, but I found the BL website very confusing with regard to what was what and what was where. So I sat down and worked these out.  I update them every so often to try and keep them current. Whilst I've not put in reading orders (for a lot of the stuff, even the newer AoS, its not all that easy); it at least gives you a good idea of the spread of the books. For things like short stories it also highlights what collected editions they are in. 

The second is the older history from the Old World setting which is VAST and has a lot of depth. You've also got many of the gods of AoS in there as their own characters (some were gods then some were only immortal aelves). There's also the long history of Gotrek And Felix which is a really neat whistle-stop tour of the various races and peoples and a great adventuring read. Plus it sets you up well for the audio novels (read by Brian Blessed) and new books in AoS as the mighty (and often grumpy) dwarf defies the end of the world!